2013 (S3) Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Oct 3, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-4) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 52-14 against Stanford (5-0).
    This week, the Spartans will host San Diego State (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FS Jonathan Yancey has committed to San Jose State
    - (***) SS Michael Ward has committed to Utah

=============== Tulane Green Wave (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Tulane won 65-24 against Louisiana Tech (1-3).
    This week, the Green Wave will host Tulsa (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Tulane targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Tim Rawls has committed to Tulane
    - (*) K Mark Nichols has committed to Tulane
    - (***) CB Mario Smith has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) DT Brian Mathis has committed to Tulane

=============== Rice Owls (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Rice lost 42-38 against Houston (4-0).
    This week, the Owls will host Memphis (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Rice targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Billy Price has committed to Tulsa

=============== Memphis Tigers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 30-7 against Southern Miss (0-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Memphis targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Martin Robinson has committed to Memphis

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 62-21 against Arkansas State (0-4).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Phillip Wayne has committed to Louisville

=============== #16 Western Michigan Broncos (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 31-17 against Temple (1-4).
    This week, the Broncos will host Central Michigan (2-4).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 45-24 against ECU (1-3).
    This week, the Blazers will host Houston (4-0).

=============== UCLA Bruins (2-2) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins will host Washington (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Marcus Dudley has committed to UCLA
    - (*) FB Joe Crosby has committed to Washington
    - (***) SS Darrell Blanks has committed to Colorado

=============== Washington State Cougars (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 35-30 against Arizona State (0-4).
    This week, the Cougars will host Mid Tenn State (3-1).

=============== #25 USF Bulls (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Bulls were idle.
    This week, the Bulls travel to Syracuse to face the Syracuse Orange (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Andrew Medley has committed to UCF
    - (***) DT Dustin Curry has committed to UCF
    - (***) WR Glenn Jamison has committed to USF

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 31-24 against Buffalo (0-5).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Bowling Green (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Nathan Stanley has committed to Illinois
    - (***) LE Dion Vogel has committed to Ohio
    - (***) DT Reggie Jefferson has committed to Kent State
    - (***) RT Mark Gay has committed to Kent State
    - (***) ROLB Cory Smith has committed to Kent State

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (2-2) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 56-21 against Bowling Green (0-3).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Claude Johnson has committed to Colorado

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Central Michigan repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, as their QB had 5 interceptions and one lost fumble. True freshman WR Terrell had a nice game, going for 97 yards and 2 TDs. The Broncs are undefeated halfway through the season, and talks are beginning to surface that they could be a BCS buster.

#19 Western Michigan 55 - Central Michigan 6

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm having some connection issues. I just finished my game against Tulsa and I won 38-16. Then at the end of game/stats screen, it told me first I was dc'd from xbox live, which I wasnt and then the EA server. Now I actually did disconnect from Xbox live, so I'm still at the end of game screen and trying to fix it.

recchem2000

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Very weird...let me know what happens

6. dakota7

I think its my router as opposed to EA's problem. I'll keep trying.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well thats no fun...I guess we can blame EA for your router issue :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I got an email with the score so I think you are good.

9. dakota7

Yup, It worked. Masler was having the same problem, he said it was an xbox live service update. Patience is a virtue.

10. mboda

mboda Walk On

UAB 24
    Houston 21

UAB gets their second win of the year over undefeated Houston. The UAB defense played a great game holding a potent Houston offense to only 21 points. The UAB offense did just enough to squeak out a narrow victory. Next week UAB has another tough game against UCF.

11. dakota7

Tulsa 16
    Tulane 38

Coach Dakota gets his first win against Tulsa, as the Green Wave defense holds Tulsa to less than 250 yards and forces 3 turnovers. WR Mark Ervin caught 8 balls for 189 yards and 2 touchdowns. HB Orleans Darkwa rushed for 96 and 2 scores.

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

San Diego State heads into San Jose and steals one from the Spartans 28-21.

The game started off as bad as coach Osiris Monster's last night nightmare. After stalling on offense San Jose scores big on their first play from scrimmage, an 80 yard bomb to Grigsby. Then San Diego stalls yet again and San Jose capitalizes marching down the field to score on a 30 yard pass again to Grigsby. By this time, Coach Osiris was furious with his team. After a severe beating prior to the 2nd quarter starting the Aztecs show some offense and punch in a TD on the ground to close the gap to 7. Then the defense came alive and stifled the Spartans to force a long fourth down. That's when special teams and Harris took matters into his own hands scoring on a 69 yard punt return to tie the game. The teams exchanged a series of possessions without either making much ground. Finally the Spartans made a mistake and coughed up the ball I believe in San Jose territory allowing the Aztecs to take a 17-14 halftime lead.

The second half started strong again for the Spartans as they scored on Maines third TD pass, this time to Taylor. The Aztecs could mount no offense, their deepest drive ending in a missed 50 yard FG attempt. Things looked bleak for the visiting Aztecs. San Diego State finally scored as the 3rd quarter came to a close on a 32 yard field goal to close the game to a single point. The fourth quarter saw both teams exchange possession after possession after possession. San Jose failed to put the nail in the Aztec coffin while San Diego failed to regain the lead. That continued until deep into the fourth quarter when the Aztecs took control of the ball with just under three minutes left and a determination to win. Driving down the field the Aztecs ate as much clock as they could, finally forcing San Jose to start burning timeouts as the clock wound under 2 minutes with an Aztec first and goal. Then it was second and goal after a San Jose sack. Then third and goal after a missed pass attempt. Knowing they could take a precarious 2 point lead with near certainty coach OM decided to play it somewhat safe and called a two read pass. Bernard took the snap and immediately checked his first read, Muema on the wheel route. Covered. Then he looked at his second read the TE on a dig route. Again covered. That's when Bernard looked to his right as saw significant open space to the end zone, if only he could dodge the MLB roaming the middle. He took off and ten yards later scored the go ahead TD! After a two point conversion the Aztecs held a 7 point lead of the Spartans.

Still the Spartans had 1:25 left on the clock and coach Recchem wasn't about to go down without a fight. Luckily the Aztec defense held and San Diego State escaped San Jose with the win!

13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Blue Raiders Stymie Cougs

Middle Tennessee State: 36
    Washington State: 21

Going into it, Coach Cheez knew that if he could contain star WR Marquess Wilson, his Blue Raiders would have a chance. Wilson did end up with 8 catches and 183 yards, but many of those were questionable throws into double coverage (and stat-padding attempts by Cougs in garbage time ;)). Very few and far between were the plays in zone coverage or even single man coverage, forcing Halliday to look at other receivers. In doing so, he found Blue Raider defenders 4 times. The defense also did not relinquish a single 3rd down conversion throughout the game, though Halliday did connect with Wilson on 4th down with thirty seconds left.

On offense, the Blue Raiders relied a bit on the run game. Cunningham delivered by hitting the 200 mark on 29 carries and finding the endzone on a 59 yard run to the outside to open the third quarter. Freshman QB Bryan Rogers had a decent game, going 8 for 18, but the receivers dropped a few of those passes which resulted in the sub .500 completion percentage. Christian Collis had a decent day, snagging two TD passes from Rogers. Most importantly, the Blue Raiders were turnover free. When a team can go +4 in the turnover battle, good things usually happen.

Middle Tennessee will have a week to celebrate this win, but the coaches' will need to have them ready for Week 9 when conference play resumes. Next up for Middle Tennessee is Western Kentucky, who is still looking for their first win on the year. What better way is there for this program to make a splash than to knock off the team regarded as favorites to win the Sun Belt this year?

gg gowazzucougs

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

He had like five or six receptions prior to that last drive, and if you remember the thread is called Can Marquess count to 28? It is not can he count to 127 (I believe that is the record for receptions in a season).

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GG man...I thought i might be able to put the first notch on the belt in this one but let it slip away a bit there in the 2nd half. At least all I have are CPU games left...too bad I pretty much need to win all of them!