2013 (S4) Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 19, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User Games due by Monday, February 21, 10pm PST
    CPU Games due by Sunday, February 20, 10pm PST

Welcome to Bowl Season!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #12 Arizona Wildcats (9-3) ===============
    #11 Arizona will face Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (7-5) ===============

Illinois will face Auburn in the Outback Bowl.

=============== #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (9-3) ===============
    #15 Iowa will face Kentucky in the Gator Bowl.

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (7-5) ===============
    Texas A&M will face #12 Arizona in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #23 Missouri Tigers (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Missouri lost 52-14 against Texas (12-1).
    #17 Missouri will face #17 Florida in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #3 Oklahoma Sooners (10-2) ===============
    #4 Oklahoma will face #9 UCLA in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (12-0) ===============
    #1 Ohio State will face #2 Texas in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (11-1) ===============
    #8 Oregon will face #4 Florida State in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== #22 Oregon State Beavers (8-4) ===============
    #23 Oregon State will face Georgia Tech in the Brut Sun Bowl.

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 52-14 against Missouri (10-3).
    #2 Texas will face #1 Ohio State in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #9 UCLA Bruins (9-3) ===============
    #9 UCLA will face #3 Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (11-1) ===============
    #7 Wisconsin will face #11 Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl.

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Was gonna ask for Tenn on next years OOC games. Looks like we get to play a year early.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

So I have until September 21 to play my game???[​IMG]

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Illinois Gets Down and Dirty - Wins Outback Bowl
    Illini: 21 14 10 0 45
    Auburn: 14 10 3 8 35

After one quarter, this game had all the makings of a street basketball game where the first team to 100 wins. In the second half, Illinois made enough big plays to throw Auburn out of their rhythm and pull out a 45-35 win in the Outback Bowl.

Tate Forcier lead the offense effectively in his final game for the University of Illinois. He finished with 358 yards and 3 TD on 19-28 passing. Those numbers are impressive in themselves, but the ramifications they had with them were even more astounding. The 358 yards gave him the school record in career passing yards (9,347), and the 3 touchdowns made him the record holder at the University of Illinois for passing touchdowns in a season (31) and career (73). The only passing record Forcier finished short on was passing yards in a season (3,671), which is currently held by Tony Eason from the 1982 team. Forcier finished the season with 3,622 yards passing, 49 short of that record.

Forcier wasn't the only one breaking records for the Illini. All American DE Michael Buchanan recorded his 17th, 18th, and 19th sacks today - breaking the record for most sacks in a season. That was not all Buchanan did today for the Illini, however. In his last game for the orange and blue, Buchanan got his first career interception and his second career touchdown in the first quarter. He also forced a fumble in the 3rd, which was recovered by Harris for another defensive Illini TD.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah we are slowing things down a bit [​IMG]...I was in a hurry...fixed.

6. MexiRican35

The game started well for the Badgers. After a 7-0 lead, a nice pick by Jean off a dropped Volunteer pass was followed by a QB Bud run where he broke through a tackle and rambled 38 yards for the score. Tennessee would then get a FG, only to be followed by a 96 yard kick return by Jean for 6. But it would all unravel in the 2n half. Tennessee's Heisman winner QB Wilson would hit Milson for a 99 (yes, 99) yard TD pass. After another TD to bring the game to 27-24 Badgers, Wisconsin drove to try to kill time off the clock, but could only manage a 45 yard FG with 2:14 remaining. Wilson would then drive all the way to the 10 yard line and with no timeouts remaining had one shot left at the endzone with 6 ticks left. Coach Mexi ran out onto the field trying desperately to call a timeout to get the right defense on the field, but apparently the refs didnt see him. Wilson hiked the ball and threw it to Meline, who barreled his way barely into the endzone with one tick left on the clock. The extra point gave Tennesse a one point lead. The Badgers tried a Stanford play on the kickoff, but Duckworth was tackled, and thats all she wrote, as the Badgers gave up a 27-10 halftime lead. "This hurts, losing the last two games of the season like this. Well have to come back next year and fight harder." Coach Mexi

Tennessee 31 - Wisconsin 30

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#23 Oregon State 41
    Georgia Tech 34

Really this game shouldn't have been close, but Oregon State turned the ball over four times. Georgia Tech scored off all four turnovers. Oregon State's Sean Mannion played outstanding throwing for almost 400 yards and 4 touchdowns with 3 going to Garrett Hall. Garrett Hall caught a total of six passes none bigger than the game winner as time expired. This was the way to cap off the season.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Orange Bowl

Florida State 21
    Oregon 34

The Seminoles waited until they were trailing 20-0 in the third quarter to start playing, but once they did they gave the Ducks all they could handle. The Ducks were led by a monster day from QB Bryan Bennett, who threw for 339 yards and 3 tds. The Ducks racked up almost 500 yards of offense in this one.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 30
    Ohio St 21

LongHorns Upset Buckeyes for Back to Back National Championships

[​IMG]

The National Championship was a closely fought game decided by turnovers. Despite a +5 advantage for Texas in turnovers, Ohio State kept the game close, mostly in part to the Texas conservative playstyle. Texas grinding rushing attack led to 3 FGs and 2 punts, where as Ohio state had none.

After a Texas 21 yard TD pass with 13 seconds and no timeouts remaining, the teams drew the first half at 14 - 14. In the second half Texas out scored Ohio State 16 to 7 without scoring an offensive Touchdown. The Wheels came off the bus for Hunter Battle late in the 3th quarter when he threw his first interception, which resulted in a Defensive Touchdown for the longhorns. Battle managed one scoring drive after that, but then threw 3 more INTs to close out the game. Ohio States Senior QB Kenny Guiton could only watch from the sidelines as the defense he dismantled earlier in the season ate his sophomore replacement alive.

Texas Maintained a conservative offense. After a slew of mistakes in the passing game in their first meeting with Ohio St, Texas focused on rushing on first and second down in an attempt to minimize risk in 3rd down situations. Chris Whaley had one of his worst games of the year rushing 36 times for 100 yards and not reaching the endzone for the first time all season. Even with Whaley struggling Texas stuck with the run, taking FGs and relying on their defense. Texas ran multiple times on 3rd and long to acquire better FG position without risking sacks or INTs. These FGs proved to be the difference in the game for the longhorns.

After the game coach WhyGod spoke about the adjustments he made after the blowout in Austin earlier in the season:

10. MexiRican35

Quite the coaching job right there.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Helps when you play the same guy twice in one year, and then you catch a few lucky breaks.

Next year, it would probably be better if I play Ohio St at the end of the year. Twice a year can be a bit much.

12. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Good Win WGW!! Congrats!

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Rose Bowl had to be simmed. aaron and I had a hell of time connecting for whatever reason. We got the game going once, but my boy was sick and we were just checking to see if the connection worked. Looks like I lost the sim (surprise, surprise)

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I gotta hear about your bowl game with the Gators...was it a hangover loss from the Big 12 CCG?

15. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

For future reference, when ever i have connection problems, one person is usually using a wireless connection. Getting rid of the wireless fixed just about every connection issue I have had.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wasnt wireless and I dont think aaron was either. This has happened to me only twice this version...both in Bowl Week and both in the Night Owls. Jax and I had the same problem in the Alamo Bowl a few seasons ago. I tried everything, forwarding ports, router resetting, you name it...just wasnt meant to be I guess.

17. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Yeah I'm not wireless and actually hook my xbox directly into the modem to avoid any router issues.

18. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

I'm not wireless either.. I am on a wired connection.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

aaron and i have played before, when he was Nebraska, so I dont know what the issue is. Maybe I'll schedule one of you 2 (jax or aaron) during the regular season and see what happens. maybe its a bowl week thing with my router. it doesnt want me to play a big 12 team apparently!

20. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Gator Bowl

Mizzou - 17
    Florida - 63

While this game was set to be a great match-up, everyone was shocked at the final outcome..

The Gators were able to run all over the Mizzou Defense. They put up over 220 yds on the ground averaging more than 7yrds a carry and put up over 330 yds of passing. It was like watching the TX game all over again.

Analysts and reporters were stunned... After coming off such a big win against Wisconsin and the Defense really shutting down the Badgers, the Defense seemed to have forgot to show up the last two games of the year.

Coach Jax after the game:

" I'm not gonna sit up here and make excuses... The reason we lost??? Failure to execute. Now my hats off to Florida, they came out knowing what they needed to do to win and did it Very Well.

We knew what we needed to do.. We had the recipe, but seemed to get amnesia once the game began. The game plan was simple, mirror what we did against Wisconsin. Focus on the run, and pass when we had the openings.. After the two opening drives by Florida and our early turnover we went into panic mode..

Look I don't want to take away from the Amazing season these kids had.. I am just ashamed that we couldn't send these Seniors out with a Win."

Summary:

It was one of those games where nothing seemed to go your way. Opening drive fumble, which led to a touchdown. Missed tackles all day long. Dropped Interceptions etc... O-Line as well as the entire defensive squad decided to take the day off. I had little to no time to pass and they were all over the running game.. Gave up on the run game to early though trying to get back in it.. That was my mistake... One of, if not the most frustrating games I have every played.... My wife has never seen me get so angry at a game... [​IMG] Nothing and I mean nothing went my way. Really, really frustrating... Seemed as if the team gave all they had against Wisconsin and then were too exhausted to play against Texas and Florida..

Oh well... On to season 5.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was wondering if there might be steam coming out of your ears after the 2 loses you took that day!

22. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas A&M 30 vs #12 Arizona 35

Texas A&M played well but failed to end the first half or begin the second, falling behind eventually by 3 scores before storming back late and almost recovering an onside kick to give them a chance at a victory.

In the last 2 minutes of the first half, the Aggies scored a touchdown after their 2nd int to take a 10-7 lead, but gave up some big plays to a determined Arizona offense to give up the lead with 8 seconds to go. Then the Wildcats came right back out on offense and marched it again to make it 21-10 before TAMU had a chance to respond. They did, to get back to 21-17, but the defense just got tired of chasing around the Cats receiving corps, who continued to pile on the #s against the slower TAMU D. Particularly effective were WR Paul Abrams (4 catches 151 yds, 3 tds), and TE Jack Baucus (7 catches 115 yds). Baucus kept drives afloat every time the Cats needed a big conversion and there was no answer for the passing attack. Kylan Butler was held in check on most of his 20 carries, but ripped off some big runs that really hurt the D line of TAMU, ending up with 96 yards and 2 tds.

At 35-17 with about 5:00 to go the Aggie offense got it going, but it was too little, too late. 2 major offsides penalties for first downs by the interior of the D-line gave up 2 precious minutes that could have been used to try and win the game.

On a side note, Junior rb Mr Jones ended with a disappointing 12 yard performance, leaving him 3 short of a 1000 yard season. With the O-line going to be all Sr and 4 over 90 ratings, he should easily attain the 1000 yards next season.