Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 12, 2011.
Post all your recruiting info here.
After a year of heavy recruiting to fill a lot of spots last season, it looks like the our coaching staff has put together a plan for a more quality driven class this year. Still no student/athletes on the A&M big board, but we are looking to pump out a highly rated class anyway.
1. DT Brandon Robertson 6'1 321: Brandon gives us the size we need up front to hold the middle in more running situations. Not especially agile or adept and pass rushing, but he sure is a big body. We've been pushed around on run downs way too much lately. Hoping B can do some more clogging.
2. FS Jerry Harris 6'0 188: Jerry is a physical Safety who is actually decent in coverage and has a quick first step, to go along with decent speed from the FS position, which is something we are in severe need of. He could challenge for playing time immediately, but we'll see how our current SS position develops and matures next season. It also looks like we are bringing another SS on board, and that will make these 2 positions tough to decide on, since we picked up 2 SS last season and they are splitting time.
3. QB Derek Perkins 6'4 224: Derek is a big guy who will have a nice opportunity to redshirt for us. Because of his size he is not mobile, and while he has decent arm strength in the B- range, we are going to have to up the accuracy before he gets a look in a couple years.
4. DE Jerod Hall 6'0 223: Jerod is more of a run stopper at DE coming out of high school, even though he is not especially big. He's pretty adept at squeezing the hole and avoiding blocks. We're pretty excited about finally getting to the point where we can play our multiple defense with multiple situational pieces. Jerod gives us some more stoutness in running situations.
5. DT Kevin Reyes 6'2 274: We are very excited that we beat out both Michigan and Texas for Kevin. He was very highly ranked and we feel like we have a great class of D-linemen this year, with a combination of size and strength to stop the run. We've kinda been run over at times, and it will be great to add Kevin in the middle.
6. MLB Jamal Thompson 6'4 233: Jamal is a guy we thought we'd lost, and then got him back. He is not great at any one thing, but he's got a great motor, and we think he's got potential to be a decent blitz guy from the Mike position. He can cover a little bit too, which is something we've been lacking from there. Where Jamal might struggle is against the run, he's not that great of a tackler, but that's why we went after a run stopping line.
7. SS Joshua Rucker 6'1 191: Joshua gives us a physical, coverage Safety. We're really gonna have our work cut out for us the next couple years as coaches, trying to fit the right combos at Safety. I think we can add another big time FS, but our Strong position is 3 deep over the last 2 classes, and we expect our current guys will get a lot better with their experience this year. Josh's press skills might give us the opportunity to put 3 safeties on the field at once, with him in a Nickel corner role.
8. DE Chance Wright 6'1 250: Chance adds to the run stoppers in this years class. Very excited to add his tackling ability and good block shedding to the mix in the next couple years.
No commitments yet. Looking at a big class, probably 18 or 19 kids. Trying a little different approach this season, looking to add more depth.
12 scholarships. Needs: OLB, FB, HB
1. WR Jon Miller, Average WR abilities, Specialized in the Spectacular
2. SS Josh Smith, Likely to be the best college LB 3 years
3. OLB Brian Harris, Quality LB, Washington state native!
4. OLB Cornelius Boyd, Skilled all around should develop nicely
5. WR Matt Hester Juco with great hands and all around skills
6. CB Tim Jackson Juco who should be able to contribute as a 3 or 4 CB
7. DE Curtis Christian juco Weak FM but otherwise outstanding
8. QB Greg Newsome Running QB to open new offensive options
9. HB Pat Smith Juco well rounded Power HB, bit slow but fills need
10. TE Manuel Jones Juco, took away from ohio st, speed to be a WR
11. TE Trevor Jones weak in agility, but will make a good FB or TE
12. G Jeff Mason Good feet, much better at PB than RB
Player left early:
24 Scholarships. Needs: FB(2), WR(2), T, G, OLB, SS
1. (WR) Marcus Bower - U150
2. (ATH) Rudy Daniels - U150
3. (HB) Charles Adkins - U150
4. (T) Adrian Henderson -
5. (SS) Daniel Gibson -
6. (TE) Nigel Sanders -
7. (DE) Chris Byers -
8. (G) Will Brown -
9. (OLB) Terrence Thompson -
10. (DE) Mike Sherman -
11. (FB) Matt Van -
Needs: TE (1), FB (1), DE (1)
Class Currently Ranked #28
1. #12 MLB Brent Hardy - 6'1", 249 lbs - Ardmore, OK - Balanced - committed Week 3 -
2. #11 ATH Mark Wilson - 6'5", 175 lbs - Summersville, WV - Athlete - committed Week 5 -
3. #29 WR Herbert Davis - 6'0", 197 lbs - Franklin Park, IL - Balanced - committed Week 6 -
4. #3 P Jermaine Graves - 6'1", 215 lbs - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Accurate - committed Week 7 -
5. #8 ATH Terrance Horton - 6'2", 192 lbs - Palatine, IL - Athlete - committed Week 11 -
6. #14 QB David Blake - 6"2, 209 lbs - Berwyn, IL - Balanced - committed Week 11 -
7. #19 MLB Jake Wright - 6'4", 231 lbs - Bedford, OH - Balanced - committed Week 12 -
8. #41 DT Jabari Paul - 6'2", 278 lbs - Monroe, MI - Balanced - committed Week 12 -
9. #17 OT Jared Gibson - 6'7", 332 lbs - Russellville, AL - Pass Block - committed Week 12 -
10. #9 ATH Brad Grier - 6'6", 327 lbs - Lawrenceburg, KY - Athlete - committed Week 12 -
11. #19 ATH Brett Simmons - 5'11", 171 lbs - Roselle, IL - Athlete - committed Week 13 -
The Year of the Juco
In a year where i only have 12 scholarships, its important to get 12 freshman to keep the class population even. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding 4 star players with talent, that I think i can get. Granted having too many awesome 5 star players like you, and not enough 4 star guys is a pretty nice problem to have. 2 of the 4star guys I targeted committed elsewhere week 1, and it seems that my best options now are Jucos. Looks like I will be going after 4 junior college transfers which will only make this class even smaller in 5 years.
2 years ago I signed a 4star Juco HB, merely to establish a pipline. He came in a 85 overall and in one year climbed to 94 ( I am kind of wishing I had redshirted him). These 4/3 star Jucos this year just look crazy talented, I would not be suprised if they also came in the mid to high 80's.
Decided to re-do this part and make it my recruits.
14 Seniors + 2 open roster slots + 3 walk-ons + 1 = 20 scholarships
Chris Hammond - WR - - #28 OVR
Allen McFadden- QB - - #32 OVR
Hayden Patrick - C - - #37 OVR
James Boyd - SS - - #47 OVR
Greg Nugent - DE - - #83 OVR
Brandon Wilcox - FS - - #96 OVR
Mark Young - HB - - #107 OVR
Josh Johnson - HB - - #148 OVR
Tyler Tompkins - T - - #170 OVR
Justin Lane - ATH - - #171 OVR - will be a free safety
Frank Davis - C - - #175 OVR
Bryce Greco - CB - - #244 OVR
Joey Bolden - WR - - #249 OVR
I dont do any of my stuff on the CPU so I dont know if it designates it on there. Hopefully someone else will know for sure.
It doesn't say on the website
My goal this year is Defense, Defense, Defense. DL is getting better, looking for better improvement with the linebackers and cb, safeties .
So where does it designate on the game?
Under the players portrait it lists their height and weight it will also state if they are JUCO
Arizona needs to walk away from Vancouver, WA native WR Myron Downs. He is mine. You stole at least two of my recruits last season. This season i am going to defend my turf.
Think I had a glitch during week 2. Most of my guys moved me down, even the ones i spent 60 minutes on. Gotta recover quick though. Huge games upcoming against Michigan and Indy for recruiting purposes.
if you quit the game without leaving the recruiting screen, or lose connection. It eats your hours without positive impact on the recruits you talked too.
Coach Cheez has landed his first 4 star prospect of the year: #11 Athlete Mark Wilson
Oregon signs the #5 HB in the country, Kellen Brown, 5'10 203 from Salmon Creek, WA. Brown enters school with A- speed, B acceleration. He looks to be tough between the tackles as well, grading a C+ break tackle rating to go with a B stiff arm. He will probably contribute right away next year, possibly on special teams and situationally on offense.
UCLA has their teeth into some great players this season but no commits just yet. Hopefully soon!
I realized after last week I was not getting this guy so I let him go. You were pulling away from me too quickly. Luckily I have my eye on two other stud running backs that have me #1 on their board.
Apparently, his entire high school got new Nikes last week. Go figure.
The Illini have inked another big name: 4 star receiver Herbert Davis
Illinois has signed a replacement for 2nd Team All Big Ten kicker Bernard Weddle: Jermaine Graves
Oregon State Beavers Recruits
1. Myron Downs WR Vancouver, WA
2. Brandon Washington TE Santa Cruz, CA
3. Brad Vincent Guard Gatesville, TX
4. Justin Davis HB Yuciapa, CA
5. Mike Berry DE Watsonville, CA
6. Lorenzo Beck WR Kahuku, HI
7. Paul Waters HB Fort Lewis, WA
8. Jacob Bryant WR Compton, CA
9. A.J. Huggins WR Sun Valley, NV
10. Matthew Jacobs TE Rosemead, CA
11. Lance Dotson WR S.B., CA
12. John Fletcher MLB Mountain View, CA
13. Lorne Alexander K Butte-Silver Bow, MT
14. Dominic Jackson G Uvalde, TX
15. Demetrius Rankin ATH Lake Jackson, TX
Wisconsin's 2013 Recruiting Class
1.HB Bain -- Great overall back who can run inside and outside
2.CB Lilly -- Heady player with great speed who can also press
3.WR Green - - Great speed and fights off the line to make acrobatic catches
4.FS Archie - - JUCO who might play OLB or S
5.WR Thomas -- Runs good routes and can make the tough catches in the middle of the field.
6.DE Cantrell -- Situational player who can get off blocks
7.SS Romero - - Has the skills to come into the box and defend the run. Brings the pain with his force behind tackles and is good in coverage.
8. ATH Baker -- Great speed and good coverage skills who looks to be effective at either the nickel CB or safety position.
9.OLB Lemon -- Good speed who excels in stopping the run game. Might be a while before any pt.
10. WR Snyder -- Great speed off the line and has the ability to break away in the open field.
11. MLB Davis - - All around LB skills with a quick first step. An asset in defending the pass out of running formations.
12. QB Christian -- Great arm who is able to break away from wimpy tacklers in the pocket.
Separate names with a comma.