2013 (S4) Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 12, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Sunday February 13, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Monday February 14, 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #10 Arizona Wildcats (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 52-20 against Oregon State (7-2).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Pasadena to face the #18 UCLA Bruins (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Joshua Henderson has committed to Arizona

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (5-5) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 59-7 against Ohio State (10-0).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Jake Wright has committed to Illinois
    - (***) DT Jabari Paul has committed to Illinois
    - (****) RT Jared Gipson has committed to Illinois
    - (****) RT Brad Grier has committed to Illinois

=============== #14 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 35-13 against Northwestern (1-8).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Madison to face the #2 Wisconsin Badgers (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Mike Moore has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) CB Brandon Miller has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) HB Scott Wilson has committed to TCU
    - (****) WR Danny Taylor has committed to Iowa

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 38-0 against Oklahoma (9-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Baylor (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Maurice Kearney has committed to Michigan
    - (****) TE Tony Drew has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) RT Chris Davis has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) WR Trent Morgan has committed to Boise State
    - (*****) WR Maurice Moore has committed to Penn State
    - (*****) QB Allen McFadden has committed to Oklahoma
    - (*****) QB Joe Daniels has committed to Tennessee

=============== #23 Missouri Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 49-42 against Baylor (4-6).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Matt Van has committed to Missouri

=============== #6 Oklahoma Sooners (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 38-0 against Texas A&M (6-4).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Joey Bolden has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 59-7 against Illinois (5-5).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Northwestern (1-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Aaron Horton has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) FB Mario Davis has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) TE Tony Drew has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 27-7 against Cal (3-5).
    This week, the Ducks will host #17 Washington (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Jose Glover has committed to Oregon
    - (****) LE Walter Williams has committed to Oregon

=============== #15 Oregon State Beavers (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 52-20 against Arizona (7-2).
    This week, the Beavers will host #9 USC (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Lorenzo Beck has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) DT Jake Purcell has committed to Washington

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 48-7 against Kansas (2-7).
    This week, the Longhorns will host #1 Alabama (9-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT A.J. Gibson has committed to TCU
    - (***) LT Aaron Horton has committed to Ohio State

=============== #18 UCLA Bruins (6-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 31-28 against Washington (7-2).
    This week, the Bruins will host #10 Arizona (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Chad Peoples has committed to BYU
    - (****) LE Brian Marshall has committed to UCLA
    - (****) WR Trent Morgan has committed to Boise State

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-34 against Penn State (5-5).
    This week, the Badgers will host #14 Iowa (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

BIG BIG BIG GAME AT AUSTIN. If Alabama pulls it off, it would likely keep the most dominant team in College Football out of the NC. BCS and pollsters.... could do it again!

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#9 USC 27
    #15 OSU 24

First, I want to say this I loss this game. I tried to fit a pass in a tight spot and it was picked off in the end zone. I should have kicked the field goal sending the game into overtime. But I think anyone of us who has kids and a wife would have gone for the win before settling for overtime based on what I was experiencing. You may ask what was I experiencing, let me tell you: Before starting this game I put my 7 month old down to nap. For most of the first half my child slept while I played. At some point, a friend of my wife called her, and she went into another room. My child awoke, I had to go get and try to get him to fall asleep again. I was unsuccessful so I brought him downstairs. Around this time USC hit a big TD pass giving them lead. Then in the second half with score tied about OSU coach's wife decided to address a project regarding the wires regarding our modem and router (i.e. hiding them from our son). Now this required her unplugging the modem and router. When this occurred I helped her with the project this lasted for 10-15 minutes. Eventually she decided she was going to handle the rest, but I would still help her through the remaining of the game when she needed me. Now while this happened both teams traded field goals. My offense twice stalled on drives for the lead during this time as well. Then I need to add this my child can say da da almost on command, but has never said mama. Well at some point either while I was trying to stop USC, or was being denied by the defense my child made his first attempt to mama. The only person who heard this was me. Now at some point my wife gets the internet working again, and some time between these two events OSU got stuffed on a 4th and inches play. USC would respond with their second big TD pass of the game getting the lead, OSU would respond with a TD of their own. USC would get a field goal to take the lead with a minute to go I think, not sure when it occurred other than it was late in the game. OSU would be able to get the ball to USC's 11 yard line with 10 seconds remaining when the interception in the end zone occurred. After the game OSU's coach had to go in the other room and throw his cap like 5 times and vent before joining my wife 10-15 minutes later. I think the reason my game is not on the dynasty wire is because of my wife's actions.

Other notes from the game HB Malcolm Marable is out for the season, and QB Sean Mannion now owns the single game school passing record, and Garrett Hall is the man he caught 12 passes for like 232 yards.

5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

It looks like I'm not the only one to not get their game in. Valentine's stuff came up tonight, so I can't tonight. If it needs to be simmed then I understand and am sorry. If not, I'll knock it out tomorrow night.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 44
    Alabama 24

Texas Rolls over the Tide

Running the ball was tougher against the stout Alabama front 7. Minus Star HB Chris Whaley the long horns had trouble running as consistantly as they have throughout the year. QB Connor Wood made some key passes, and the longhorn defense and special teams helped dominate the game with a kick return for a TD and a FR for a TD.

Up next for the longhorns, the lone star showdown. Its unclear as to if texas has already clinched the Big 12 south, but a win next week would make sure of it.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The return of HB White was offset by the running of Williams. Williams busted through the line, hugged the butt of the LG til he reached the safety, then exploded by an Iowa CB breaking a tackle and running in for a 76 yard score. From that point on, it was all Wisconsin. Wisconsin backs totaled up 322 yards and 6 TDs. QB Bud went 7-7 for 137 yards, with Ducky busting out a nice 62 yard screen run. Defense was the reason why this game was won. Iowa was able to move down the field (468 total yards, 374 passing), but could not capitalize in Wisconsin territory. After a FG and punt, Iowa would be stopped on 4ths. McDuffie also had a nice INT that saved a TD. "They did a really good job moving the ball. Our defense just stepped up with their backs against the wall. We had to try some new things on the fly, and our DC did a great job of changing the gameplan basically on a play by play basis. Every time we play Iowa, their team gets better and better. It may not show on the scoreboard, but Coach Omega has a great time going over there." - Coach Mexi.

#2 Wisconsin 45 - #14 Iowa 17

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We have 3 CPU games that did not make the deadline. Disappointing to say the least. Still deciding if im advancing tonight or not but I dont want to hear anyone cry tomorrow morining if I have advanced.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Arizona - 31
    UCLA - 37

more on this one tomorrow when I have some time at work...

...alright, this one was a crazy ending. Believe it or not, this game was 3-3 at halftime. Not sure where our defenses went following the break but the 2nd half turned into a shootout!

Cut to the chase, UCLA ties the game at 24 with just over 2 minutes remaining in the 4th. On the ensuing kick-off, Arizona fumbles the ball and UCLA returns it for the go ahead TD. With plenty of time still on the clock, Arizona marches down the field and ties the game with around 20 seconds to play.

This is where the miracle at the Rose Bowl happens. With 6 seconds to play, I tried to hit a quick 15 yard pass to streaking slot receiver to try to get into FG range. What happens next was insane. The pass tipped off the slot WR's hands right into my other WR's hand who was also streaking on the outside. He runs it in for the game winning TD. The highlight is up on the wire. I tried to upload it and post it here but it keeps failing.

At any rate, Jface played a great game and didnt deserve to lose like that. But, I know I've been on the other end of those kind of games so we'll take it!

The Bruins head to Autzen Stadium for a hugh Pac 10 game with the undefeated Ducks next week.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Sorry didnt get mine in. This was very busy weekend for me reffing 2 district championship playoff games and hanging out with a very good friend on Saturday, and then my wife's been gone to her moms for almost 4 weeks and she finally came back with the baby yesterday, but I think for unknown reasons she kind of has us in what amounts to a break, so I only get to see them for not even a full week before she goes back. Not to mention I had a mens league playoff game last night. Luckily at least I won.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OU and A&M both won the sims. Sorry guys, its really my only rule. I've done it in the past and just couldnt hold the league up another day for CPU games. I hope you both understand.

12. aarondramp

Completely understand. I'm just sorry that I didn't get mine in. I thought I had a time set aside to do it last night...my wife thought differently.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah, my wife does that to me all the time! You guys can blame Mexi and Omega for being on the ball and getting their user game in early [​IMG]

14. aarondramp

My wife is actually pretty cool about it, and this is the first time she asked me not to play. She had planned on another couple coming over for some V-day plans, and when they left, she didn't want me playing while she went to bed alone.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@gowazzucougs

Been in those shoe's many a time. Thats why I almost always try to play my games at night, late at night, while everyone is fast asleep. One time during a user game, my wife would not stop talking and I asked her nicely if we could pick up the conversation after i was done (i was trying to actually win a user game for once)....lets just say that didnt go over so well. I've also attempted to play user games while watching a 3 year old and a 7 month old. I explain to my opponent the situation and that there might be several pauses involved. Its usually not a good game for me. So you are not alone in this my friend. The fact that you lost to USC makes it that much worse. If I lost to USC like that, controllers would have been broken [​IMG]

16. gowazzucougs

Yeah I try to avoid user games while watching my 7 month old because it is just an automatic loss. On Saturday I just thought okay I just put my child down easily for a nap (this never happens), and I figured I could get this game in no sweat. Even when my child awoke from the nap, I figured I still could get the game in no problem. A lot of this was my wife, from disconnecting the power on the router and modem, to her completely ignoring our son (how does she not hear him say "mo mo" is beyond me.) As for when I play I have been going with the strategy of getting up early to play CPU games, and logging on between 7-7:30 PST for user games. I get the sense from my wife she doesn't like me playing when she has gone to bed, or I would probably be using your strategy.

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

My son is 22 months now and hardly ever says "ma ma". Its always "da da" or daddy. Drives my wife nuts. haha

18. gowazzucougs

I additionally need to add something, I have a man cave, I should post some pictures of this room, because I am pretty sure you guys would be jealous. In addition of having my tv and xbox in the room, I have a computer in there as well. Any way few weeks ago my wife accused me of going on the computer to websites like adult friend finder when I was playing late at night, I told her she was crazy and all I do in the room is watch TV, play xbox and talk to all you guys. (My wife is somewhat insecure/jealous type).

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Who needs AFF when you have xbox live? We're all adults and we're your friends.........nuff said.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im jealous of the man cave and I dont even need to see it! I live in 2 bedroom apartment about 1000 square feet of space. My wife is going to school and I work as a Tech for our County's Fire Dept so I dont make squat. And with the prices of rent and housing in Cali, its all I can afford. Once the wife starts working (long ways off, she's applying to nursing schools right now) then I can start thinking about man caves!

21. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

i've got a 2 br apartment to myself right now.

if / when my gf moves in, then im just going to convert the spare br into a man cave. in the mean time, i've got the entire place to myself.