2013 (S4) Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Welcome to Week 4!

Server's down, have to get matchups tomorrow

CPU Games due by Tuesday January 25, 10pm PST...no user games left.

Welcome to Week 4!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #14 Arizona Wildcats (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 49-31 against Oklahoma (2-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Ron Jones has committed to Arizona

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 53-34 against Pittsburgh (1-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Brent Hardy has committed to Illinois

=============== #9 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 31-17 against UCLA (1-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (1-1).

=============== #19 Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 23-21 against Oregon (3-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Columbus to face the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Brent Hardy has committed to Illinois

=============== Missouri Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Missouri lost 24-21 against Oregon State (2-0).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== #11 Oklahoma Sooners (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 49-31 against Arizona (1-1).
    This week, the Sooners will host Arkansas (1-2).

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 49-14 against Notre Dame (0-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #19 Texas A&M (1-1).

=============== #15 Oregon Ducks (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 23-21 against Texas A&M (1-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Los Angeles to face the #6 USC Trojans (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Kellen Brown has committed to Oregon

=============== #10 Oregon State Beavers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 24-21 against Missouri (2-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Seattle to face the #23 Washington Huskies (2-0).

=============== #7 Texas Longhorns (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 41-10 against TCU (0-2).
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Jon Miller has committed to Texas

=============== #13 UCLA Bruins (1-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 31-17 against Iowa (3-0).
    This week, the Bruins will host Washington State (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Jon Miller has committed to Texas

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-31 against West Virginia (0-2).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

2. Jayrah

#19Texas A&M 0 @ #1Ohio State 38

Ohio State was as advertised, the Aggies found out, shortly after a slight delay for some lights going out and having to boot back up to give light to the field at the Horseshoe on Saturday night. Coach Davis put the whole thing into perspective: "That's the fastest team we've ever played. We started some plays really well, but they finished all of them."

The plays Davis mentioned were runs in the first half, a couple big runs, that probably should've, and would've gone for tds against most other teams. OSU, however, ran them down. And then took full advantage by creating a fumble to scoop and score, and to hold on 3rd down from the Buckeye 30, forcing an A&M punt on 4th and 15.

"The Chapman kid is unbelievable" said coach Davis. "Really not sure what to say to my kids about tackling him. His legs are as big as some of our guy's entire body."

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wazzu St. - 14
    UCLA - 42

Bruins rebound from their loss to Iowa, taking care of the lowly Cougs, 42-14 at the Rose Bowl. Once again, my first team defense did not allow a point (2nd CPU game in which they have done this). The offense was balanced, rushing and passing for more than 200 yards. Only down side of the game is that starting tailback Malcome Jones was injured and will miss the next 4 weeks with back spasms!

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree, the guy is a monster! I had to face him twice last season. Im sure he is even better this season!

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

To me his WRs are more frightening than his RB.

Overall my WRs are better but most of them have mid 80s speed. He as a handful of WRs close to maxing out both Accel and speed. I am not sure what i could have done to stop him, maybe a constant bump with safteys deep. I don't think i bumped much. I might have needed to go conservative on zone to prevent balls over the top.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I dont remember much about his receivers but I had 2 decent corners last season. Chapman just stood out as her ran over my LB's with ease! Im sure his wideouts did some damage too. But I was only an iced FG away from winning that sucker last year! But I would not want to play Ohio State with this years team. It would be a blood bath!

7. Jayrah

Well my problem with his wideouts was that I was one on one all day. They made some great catches and held on while being hit in the air, and 2 great long catches in perfect coverage, but I simply couldn't stop any of the 3 running backs. My defense is young and having trouble tackling this year so far.

8. omega41

omega41 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iowa Handles Business

QB Huff once again proved huge in this game as the running game was pretty much DOA and another HB injured didn't help. The turning point in the game had me scratching my head. We were down 17-10. Boise St goes for it on 4-3 on my 49 yard line.I called time out just to make sure it wasn't a glitch in the matrix. But once again they set up to go for it and did not convert. Game over!! Iowa score 17 unanswered points to seal the deal. Coach response to the 4th down play was "That coach was an idiot and I was glad for it :)". Next stop is against the juggernaut of THE Ohio State University.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

When I check last night, I believe there were 3 CPU games left. Get em done guys before 10pm PST tonight!

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#10 Oregon State 45
    #23 Washington 38

Oregon State walked the walk last night defeating the Huskies in dramatic fashion. The player of the game was Oregon State QB Sean Mannion who threw for over 450 yards and had 5 touchdown passes in the victory. The biggest TD pass occurred with 2 seconds remaining in the game when he hit WR Steve Burrell for a nine yard TD reception.

This game was a back and forth affair, whenever any team scored a touchdown the other would respond with a touchdown of their own. Deontae Cooper was the star for the Huskies running for over a 100 yards and scoring four touchdowns. There were several big plays that helped the Beavers pull out the victory, the first was at the end of the first half. After the Huskies had scored to take the lead with less than a minute to go in the first half, the Beavers were able to drive the ball down the field quickly and scored a touchdown with Pat Davis. Then on the opening kickoff of the second half Huskies' return man, Cooper, fumbled the ball and it was recovered by the Beavers. That turnover resulted in a Malcolm Marable touchdown putting the Beavers back in front. After the Huskies got a touchdown off a Beaver turnover. Mannion hit the Beaver's big play guy Michael Houston for a 75 yard TD reception giving the Beavers the lead back.

In the fourth quarter the Huskies really had a chance to win the game. After forcing the Beavers to settle for a field goal on the Huskies two yard line with three minutes remaining. The Huskies began a drive of their own, but were forced to settle for a field goal on the Beavers' two yard line with 40 seconds remaining.

On the ensuing kickoff the Huskies were flagged for facemask penalty giving the Beavers the ball at their own 38 yard line. Mannion then two or three big pass plays setting up the game winner to Steve Burrell.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'll be done. Was too tired last night to play it.

12. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'll knock mine out tonight, too.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The earlier the better...the other 2 games have been played. I'd like to advance as soon as possible. Thanks man.

14. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Mine will be done before 8 PST. I'll try to get started around 530 PST but it might be a little later.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cool man, thanks for the update.

16. Jayrah

Don't know if mine will be green or not but I'm ready to advance. I need to upset #3 Alabama to rebound from a rough couple of weeks (heartbreak then domination) and start climbing the rankings again.

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon 34
    USC 31

The Ducks pull out a thriller from the Coliseum. The Ducks had to kick a last second field goal after USC came back from a 14 point deficit to tie it up with 50 seconds remaining. Back-up QB Sam Holloway, in for the injured Bryan Bennett, led the team down the field, hitting WR Diante Jackson for a big gain on first down, getting the Ducks inside the Trojan 40. Holloway completed another short pass and the Ducks used their first timeout. Holloway scrambled on second down to take the Ducks down to about the 20. After another timeout, the Ducks ran the ball to get into the center of the field....one more timeout and the kick was good. In addition to losing Bennett, starting HB Matthew Pope also was knocked out of the game. Pope scored the Ducks first 2 touchdowns before leaving, however. As a team, the Ducks finished with 422 yards of total offense, 197 of that was rushing.