2013 (S4) Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 25, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU games due by Thursday January 27, 10 pm PST
    User games due by Friday January 28, 10 pm PST

Im going to be out of town Friday night through Sunday afternoon. So if there is any chance we can get those user games in early, that would be great. gowazzucougs has offered to take the file and advance if we cant.

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #14 Arizona Wildcats (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 24-17 against Auburn (2-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Chris Griffin has committed to Arizona

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Michigan State (2-0).

=============== #8 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 27-17 against Boise State (1-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Columbus to face the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0).

=============== #23 Texas A&M Aggies (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 38-0 against Ohio State (4-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host #3 Alabama (3-0).

=============== Missouri Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #6 Texas (2-1).

=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 49-24 against Arkansas (1-3).
    This week, the Sooners will host Kansas State (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Danny Smith has committed to Boise State

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 38-0 against Texas A&M (1-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #8 Iowa (4-0).

=============== #11 Oregon Ducks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 34-31 against USC (1-1).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #9 Oregon State Beavers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 45-38 against Washington (2-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (2-1).

=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (2-1).

=============== #13 UCLA Bruins (2-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 42-14 against Washington State (2-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-2).

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host #5 Michigan (3-0).

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

What the hell? Nike University starts the season unranked, now their 11th. I mean after this week they will be ahead of me. Check that they already are ahead of me in the Media Poll. Oregon State gets no love. I guess my boys will show everyone who is the best team on the field later this year.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

At least you are in the Pac 10 and can prove you are better by playing everyone, unlike that other conference that claims to be supperior!

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Win a Rose Bowl, then you can talk about the superiority of the Pac 10...

• Like Like x 2
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wow.........that isn't very nice.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I win at the Rose Bowl all the time [​IMG]

7. gowazzucougs

Dakota, you don't like me referring to your school as Nike University? You need to know some things about Oregon, a big reason the school is a juggernaut at football now is because of the funding of Mr. Knight. Before the mid 90s this school sucked at football, which is my understanding when Mr. Knight started putting money into the program. Additionally, he and other family members have their names on 3 buildings on campus, the law school, the library, and the new basketball arena. Not all alumni get to have their names on buildings at their former school, only the real rich donors do. And he is by far the richest of them all.

8. gowazzucougs

#9 Oregon State 42
    Stanford 28

This was Garett Hall show as he simply dominated this game. He caught 6 balls for 169 yards and 3 touchdowns. His touchdowns receptions were from 12, 63, and 18 yards. In addition he caught two other passes that gained 39, and 33 yards. The Cardinal defense simply had no answer for Hall or QB Sean Mannion who again stared as well. For the day he threw for over 400 yards and had 4 TD passes. In terms of total yards the Beavers gained 630 yards. It was not all positive for the Beavers as star wide receiver Michael Houston broke his finger(s) and is out four weeks. On a side note, for the Cardinal #1, Keanu Nelson was a beast 5 receptions for 147 yards. He was clearly the star for Cardinal. If you want to beat the Cardinal that is the guy to stop. Up next for the Beavers, Washington State.

9. dakota7

I do know that Phil Knight is a huge donor. Didn't know about the buildings, but I will be sure to work it into my recruiting pitches from here on out. :thumbsup:

I was actually referring more to the tone of your criticism of my ranking, is all. I believe that every team I have beaten this season was ranked at the time we played. I'd say that's why I'm climbing the rankings so fast. And USC was #6.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

And for all that great funding and buildings provided by donors, Oregon is the academic basement of the PAC 10.

(I am stating this as a fact with very actual knowledge. I know they lost state funding, and have been called out by other pac 10 schools. )

11. gowazzucougs

Remember everything I say on this forum is in true Oregon State character. There is nothing against you personally. Additionally, remember how long it took me to get ranked last season. To see your school start unranked, and now be ahead of me in the polls is just like that is kinda irritating. However, if both of our schools keep up this pace, I think at the end of the year we will just not be playing fro the PAC-10 title, but a shot at the National Championship against school from a certain conference that doesn't know how to count.

12. gowazzucougs

Following up on WhyGodWhy's comments about UO, the Huskies' president got into hot water for calling Oregon out on the lack for being in the academic basement. Of course the real reason he got into hot water was because it wasn't the appropriate forum and I don't think his words came out right. Remember Dakota this is mostly a west coast league and several of us follow the PAC-10 pretty closely, i.e. recchem, WGW, myself, and I think a few others.

13. dakota7

I know you're just joking around, so am I.

14. gowazzucougs

Also I am going to throw this out there for next year's game. If we can talk Huskylover into coming home to coach his Dawgs, I will play as my alma mater. Of course it might be hard to walk away from Texas, and Jayrah and I might have to battle it out if he wants the Cougs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

LOL I don't want the Cougs in our league for the simple fact that I play as the Cougs in my private 2 man league with my bro. If we go to 2 conferences though, it's gonna be a tough decision on who to take for sure.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2 Conferences is the way to go in my opinion but we'll discuss all that stuff when we get closer to NCAA12

17. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

It was a wild high scoring affair between two top 5 teams in the nation. Wisky touched the board first when Jefferson picked off an option pitch and took it for a score. Michigan would respond right back with a Toussaint score. Then a wild 2nd quarter happened. Hammond came in for an injured Rodgers and got an 18 yard pass for 6. Then Jean would intercept a Michigan throw and run in for 6. Michigan then scored from 64 yards out, in which Wisconsin scored on a 79 yard pass to Ducky. Hammond would then catch another TD, only to be followed by a Michigan kickoff return for a TD. Budmayr would then fumble on the next drive, and Michigan returned that for a score. The Badgers were able to gain some momentum back, as Bud found Robinson in the endzone as time expired at the half. As the dust settled, 59 points had been scored in that quarter, with Wisconsin leading 42-31. A relatively quiet 3rd was blasted open in the 4th, as White took a screen pass and scored from 49 yards out. Another fumble off an option play by Michigan would give the Badgers 7 more. Michigan tried to come back scoring 14 unanswered, but the deficit was too much. "They have a prolific team over there. We had some trouble moving the ball on the ground, so we had to rely on Bud more on this game." Bud went 21-26 for 439 yards and 5 TDs, with no picks.

#2 Wisconsin 66 - #5 Michigan 45

18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

LOL Mexi I love your game write ups but I gotta say, all that scoring and no breaks in the paragraph make for a difficult follow... Good Win!

19. MexiRican35

Haha well it was basically like that in real life. About a score ever 2 minutes in real life almost. Had way too many ups and downs.

20. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I dont want any more criticisms about my defense ever.

At least I have a bad team!!!

(I would also like to thank Mexi for the timing of his defensive collapse, because it draws attention from my rematch with MSU this week - a team that scored 63 points on me in a 3 OT game)

21. gowazzucougs

To go further about why I am upset, in another dynasty my unranked team just beat the #3 team in the country, on the road. My team's overall record is 2-1, the one loss being to the #25 team in the country by 3 points. Now I am not expecting my team to jumped into the top 10, but I believe I should be ranked. However in neither poll am I ranked. To me that is a bunch of bull. Especially when you jump 8 spots for beating USC which was ranked relatively high.

In our dynasty I honestly believe we have 4 even user teams, and USC. The polls do not know what to do with us. I honestly think any one of us can win the conference. In one poll the rankings go #9 OSU, #11 UO, #12 USC, #13 UCLA, #14 Arizona. The only reason I am ranked ahead of everyone is (a) I started out the highest, and (b) I am still undefeated. I know things will sort themselves out, but it is just ridiculous about what I have to get my teams respect.

22. MexiRican35

You lucked out with them not being on your schedule. It was a problem just tackling them.

23. dakota7

I wouldn't get too worried about it, there is no real logic to EA's reasoning. Just keep winning and it will all sort itself out in the Civil War.

24. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Oklahoma beat up on another weak team this week. 45-7 over Kansas in a game that had 12 recruits visiting. Hopefully, they were impressed in beating up a weak team, but we'll see. Up 45-7 at the half, OU benched all of their starters and ran the ball on every play in the second half to spare Kansas.

This all sets up the big game next week versus rival Texas.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@mboda
    @omega41
    @Jax351
    @whygodwhy1111

Any chance of getting your user games done tonight so we can advance? Im out of town after that but can give the file to wazzu if needed. Just wanted to try and save him the headache of the editing the coaching stuff. Let me know guys.