2013 (S4) Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 2, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU games due by Thursday February 3, 10 pm PST
    No User games

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #8 Arizona Wildcats (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Lawrence Cox has committed to Arizona
    - (***) TE Dan Whitehead has committed to Arizona
    - (***) CB Casey Shelton has committed to Arizona
    - (****) MLB Chaz Houston has committed to TCU
    - (****) MLB Mark Jones has committed to BYU

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 52-17 against Indiana (1-4).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) P Jermaine Graves has committed to Illinois
    - (***) RT Quincy Green has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (****) DT Zach Franklin has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) RT Randy Nelson has committed to Minnesota

=============== #22 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 35-14 against Purdue (2-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Indiana (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Brian Sullivan has committed to Georgia
    - (***) C Michael Davis has committed to Cincinnati
    - (***) TE Nigel Sanders has committed to Missouri
    - (****) DT Jared Landry has committed to Boise State
    - (****) WR Drew Browne has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) MLB Ryan Crum has committed to Auburn

=============== #25 Texas A&M Aggies (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 34-14 against Oklahoma State (4-3).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Bo Dawson has committed to Houston
    - (***) CB Damarcus Edwards has committed to SMU
    - (****) LE Brian Hines has committed to TCU
    - (****) MLB Chaz Houston has committed to TCU
    - (****) RT Tyler Tompkins has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) TE Jamal Archie has committed to Northwestern
    - (****) DT Brandon Robertson has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Missouri Tigers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 48-22 against Iowa State (1-4).
    This week, the Tigers will host Nebraska (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Chris Byers has committed to Missouri
    - (****) SS Rudy Daniels has committed to Missouri
    - (***) TE Nigel Sanders has committed to Missouri
    - (***) SS Daniel Gibson has committed to Missouri
    - (***) RT Adrian Henderson has committed to Missouri

=============== #11 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 49-7 against Kansas (2-3).
    This week, the Sooners will host Baylor (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Darius Freeman has committed to USC
    - (****) RT Tyler Tompkins has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) C Frank Davis has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) C Hayden Patrick has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) CB Donnie Key has committed to Rutgers

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 44-17 against Penn State (4-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #10 Michigan State (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Manuel Jones has committed to Texas

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (5-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Brian Hines has committed to TCU
    - (****) FS John Mitchell has committed to Utah

=============== #5 Oregon State Beavers (5-0) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Brandon Washington has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) TE Jarrett Heard has committed to Baylor
    - (***) LG Mike Galloway has committed to Washington
    - (***) RT Quincy Green has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #7 Texas Longhorns (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 66-10 against Colorado (1-4).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Texas Tech (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LE Cody Turner has committed to LSU
    - (****) LE Tom Rice has committed to TCU
    - (***) TE Manuel Jones has committed to Texas
    - (****) HB Pat Smith has committed to Texas
    - (*****) QB Greg Newsome has committed to Texas
    - (*****) SS Josh Smith has committed to Texas

=============== #16 UCLA Bruins (4-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 21-13 against West Virginia (4-2).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Matt Nelson has committed to UCLA
    - (****) MLB Mark Jones has committed to BYU
    - (*****) WR Jon Allen has committed to UCLA
    - (*****) RG Matt Landrum has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 45-7 against Northwestern (1-4).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Minneapolis to face the #21 Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Deon Cooley has committed to Alabama

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The defense has finally come through. It may have been that Minnesota had just hired a new OC the day of the game (from Central Michigan), but the Gopher offense just seemed out of sorts all game. They could only manage 177 yards and turned the ball over 5 times (3 fumbles, 2 INTs), which now gives Wisconsin a nations best 27 takeaways with a +16 differential. It would be +18, but HB Williams had some trouble holding onto the ball, fumbling twice in the game. He will have to fix the problem fast, as starter and Heisman contender HB White went down with an injury and will be out for three more weeks. Besides the fumbles, Williams had an excellent game, getting 131 yards and a score. QB Bud also wanted in on the action, as he ran into the endzone twice while also throwing a TD, earning himself POTG. Next up on the slate is Purdue, as the Badgers inch closer to an undefeated season.

#2 Wisconsin 45 - #21 Minnesota 0

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Illinois Can't Overcome Injuries / Turnovers - Lose in OT
    Illini: 0 14 6 13 0 33
    Boston College: 6 3 13 11 3 36

Illinois came into this week riding high, on their first two game winning streak of the season and just coming off of a huge upset in Iowa City. It seemed as though the emotion had worn off, however, because the Illini were back up to their old selves. Illinois would turn the ball over 4 times in this game, 3 times inside the BC 25 yard line. This is including the last play of the game, when a Whitmer pass to Millines was bobbled and taken away by the safety.

Why was Whitmer in the game, you may ask? On the Illini's second possession with the football, Forcier was knocked out of the game with a strained achilles. He is expected to be ready for next week vs. Penn State, but a lot of Illini fans are wondering if he should get the start. Chandler Whitmer played very well in his absence, completing 15 of his 23 passes and throwing the 5 touchdowns. He did have the one interception that was referrenced earlier, but it was not his fault.

Forcier was not the only Illini player to go down today, either. Illinois players, particularly on defense, were struggling to stay on the field. At one point in the third quarter, players had to come out of the game on four straight plays due to minor injuries. Renaldo James (7 carries, 50 yards) ended up as the leading rushier for Illinois for the second straight week, in large part because Jon Justice did not play in the second half. It may not have mattered though, as Justice was only averaging one yard per carry.

Whitmer's favorite target in this one was Darius Millines, who would up with 187 yards on 6 catches and 3 touchdowns. The last of his touchdowns was a 72 yard bomb in the last minute of regulation which sent the game to overtime. It was Millines, however, who bobbled the pass in OT.

Player of the game for BC: kicker Nate Freese. Freese nailed 5 field goals in this game, ensuring that if Boston College got down to the thirty that the drive would not end empty handed as three Illini drives did.

Next up for the 3-4 Illini: A date with Penn State. This game is a must win for the Illini if they want to sniff bowl eligibility. If they were to lose, it would ensure that the Illini would need a victory over either Wisconsin or Ohio State to become bowl eligible.

This never happened.

4. Cheez

@recchem2000

and it would appear that my results did not get reported....

what do i do now?

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Play it again if you want. I can check and see if they so up later tonight. Sometimes, the servers suck and this happens. Im ok with a muligan here.

@Cheez

6. Cheez

Im on it.

Normally, I'd be really upset with taking a mulligan... but this was one of those games that the game never had any intention of giving me a chance to win. Nice to get some revenge on it.

7. Cheez

Streaking Illini Shut Down BC
    Illini: 7 6 7 18 38
    Boston College: 7 0 14 0 21

Illinois came to Boston riding high. They were on their first two game winning streak of the season, and they were coming off of an upset over then #14 Iowa in Iowa City. However, Illinois was flirting with throwing it all away and putting their bowl hopes in major jeopardy against the Golden Eagles.

With the Illini up by 7 midway through the fourth quarter, Boston College took over at their own one. The Golden Eagles were moving the ball very effectively against the tired Illini defense, eventually getting across midfield. On 3rd down from the illini 44, the Eagles would call a halfback draw out of the shotgun. The Illini were able to penetrate the line with ease, and hammered Williams immediately after he received the handoff. The ball hit the turf, and DE Buchanan picked it up with nothing but green in front of him. That touchdown would seal the win for the Illini.

Outside of that series where the game was in doubt, Illinois pretty much dominated. Illinois held Boston College to 278 yards of total offense, and dominated the time of possession 19:18 - 12:42. Meanwhile, Illinois was able to rush the ball 38 times for 175 yards, most of which were by the legs of Jon Justice (23 carries, 136 yards). Forcier had a marvelous day passing, completing 20 of his 24 passes for 255 yards and three touchdowns. 9 different receivers got their name in the scorebook with receptions as well. No one had a better day than Edwards, who had 6 catches for 73 yards.

Illinois will return back to Champaign next weekend to attempt to make it four in a row against Penn State. Last year's game between the two was an OT thriller in which the Illini fell short. This year's Penn State team may not be good as last year's, and the Illini appear to be as good if not better, provided that they hold on to the football.

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Got the wire stuff up.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks Jay!

10. Jayrah

Yezzir!

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

@recchem2000 i will be playing my game tomorrow morning. So if I am the last one, it will be done early tomorow

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

no problemo

13. Jayrah

#25 Texas A&M 31 @ Kansas State 3

In the rain, the Jones's combined for 36 carries, 178 yds and 2 tds, leading the way for the Aggies over the overpowered Wilcats. Wr Malcolm Kennedy added an 8 yard score on the ground and overall the Aggies ran for 212 yds, just 9 less than the KSU offense mustered all game.

Actually it looked a bit like a nasty field goal match was going to break out after Willie Higgins came up slightly wide and possibly short as well from 45 late in the first qtr. Then after KSU hit one from 35 out, Higgins came back to tie it at 3 from about the same distance. Late in the first half however, the Aggies had moved the ball back to the 29, but got stuffed and faced a 4th and 9. The coaching staff was obviously pessimistic about a 46 yarder, so they decided to go ahead and keep Showers and the offense on the field. In a 5 wide set, showers found Kenrick McNeal on an out pattern, with McNeal making a diving catch and getting a foot down to secure the catch at the 8. This led to the end around from Kennedy to give TAMU the lead for good.

14. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Just checked and it looks like I'm the last one. I'll try to knock mine out this morning, so it could be advanced before @recchem2000 is at work and can't advance.

15. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

i'm done. it now says 12/12. and baylor had baylor's playbook

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Woohoo!!! Looks like it worked, finally!

@Cheez

You still have the commish duties. You can advance us to week 9 if you are around. If not, I'll need you to transfer the duties back to me and I'll advance us when I get home from work.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 52
    Texas Tech 10

Texas Puts the Horns to the Red Raiders

Behind 200 first half yards from Chris Whaley, Texas jumped out to a 35-0 half time lead and let the backup cruise through the second half to victory. Even the backup OL steam rolled over Red Raider defenders as texas racked up an amazing 480 yards rushing spread across 4 HBs. The Texas OL openly laughed at the weak defensive front as they opened giant holes for easy first downs.

18. Cheez

I will advance us shortly, if we are all ready to go

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

We are all ready.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You are the man Cheez no matter these guys here say about you [​IMG]

21. Cheez

You're right Recchem. I am indeed "The Man"

Jax is still changing playbooks around. Once he is finished... or gives me the green light... I will advance the week

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sounds good.

23. Cheez

is he doing all of them, or which ones is he scheduled to do?

He's on the MAC right now...

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't know if he is trying to finish up where I left off? I havent heard from him on the boards today. You can message him and have him stop, advance and he can pick up where he left off if he wants to. All the small conferences are the only ones that need changing. I did all the Big conferences last night.

25. Cheez

It doesnt matter to me. Im still snowed in. Im not going anywhere.