2013 Schedule Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

2013 Schedule Discussion

Hey guys, I typed up and stickied the schedule for the league. It's at the top of the main forum. For discussion purposes, here it is again here:

WK
    ARMY FLORIDA FSU MIAMI MICHIGAN MICHIGAN ST[/B][/CENTER]
    1 @ Middle Tennessee @ USF vs USC vs ECU OFF @ Miss St (u)
    2 @ Ball St vs Miami (u) @ Oklahoma (u) @ Florida (u) vs Notre Dame (u) @ USF
    3 vs Utah OFF @ BC vs Virginia vs Miss St (u) OFF
    4 vs Michigan (u) vs Tennessee vs VT @ Nebraska (u) @ Army (u) vs Oklahoma (u)
    5 @ Toledo @ Kentucky @ GT @ NC State vs Iowa @ Indiana
    6 vs Marshall vs Ole Miss @ Wake Forest vs Duke @ Indiana @ Iowa
    7 vs Virginia @ LSU vs Miami (u) @ FSU (u) vs Minnesota vs Illinois
    8 OFF @ Arkansas OFF vs GT @ Illinois vs Minnesota
    9 vs Troy OFF vs Maryland @ North Carolina @ Purdue vs Pitt
    10 vs Air Force vs Georgia vs NC State @ VT vs MSU (u) @ Michigan (u)
    11 @ Miami (u) vs Vanderbilt @ Clemson vs Army (u) @ VT vs Ohio St
    12 @ FSU (u) @ South Carolina vs Army (u) vs Wake Forest vs N'Western vs Wisco
    13 OFF vs FSU (u) @ Florida (u) OFF @ Ohio St @ Penn St (u)
    14 Navy @ Notre Dame (u) OFF OFF OFF OFF

WK
    MISS ST NEBRASKA NOTRE DAME OKLAHOMA PENN STATE[/B][/CENTER]
    1 vs MSU (u) @ TCU vs BC vs Utah OFF
    2 vs Boise St OFF @ Michigan (u) vs FSU (u) vs Virginia
    3 @ Michigan (u) vs Penn St (u) OFF OFF @ Nebraska (u)
    4 @ Penn St (u) vs Miami (u) @ Boise St @ MSU (u) vs Miss St (u)
    5 vs LSU vs Iowa St vs Texas A&M vs Kansas St @ Wisco
    6 vs Vanderbilt vs Texas Tech @ Cincinnati vs Texas @ Minnesota
    7 OFF @ Baylor vs USC @ Kansas vs Purdue
    8 @ Auburn @ Missouri vs Penn St (u) vs Baylor @ Notre Dame (u)
    9 @ Kentucky vs Oklahoma (u) @ TCU @ Nebraska (u) vs Iowa
    10 @ Tennessee @ Kansas vs GT vs Oklahoma St @ Ohio St
    11 vs Alabama vs Kansas St OFF vs Texas A&M vs N'Western
    12 @ Arkansas @ Rutgers @ Pitt @ Texas Tech vs Indiana
    13 vs Ole Miss @ Colorado @ Stanford @ GT vs MSU (u)
    14 OFF OFF vs Florida (u) OFF OFF

Who has the toughest? Who has the easiest? I think they're all pretty damn tough. The ones that play the highest finishing users from last season typically only have 3 user games, and those that play each other and were mid-pack or below have 4, mostly. I tried my best to make them fair and fun, and to not kill anyones recruiting, and to give us BCS Busters, and to make sure that everyone has 6 home and 6 away, etc. Hopefully everyone is cool with what came out -- I think it is setting up to be an awesome season!

One note: I was able to get Week 14 down to just two games: Army-Navy and Notre Dame-Florida. Each should be special for it's own reason ;):D

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I can control my destiny this year already being ranked 3 and Michigan and Notre Dame playing each other. Only thing is will my offense be able to get the job done, they are alot worse than my defense

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, I agree. I would say that you have the "easiest" schedule. I put that in quotes because you have a huge match-up with Penn State, and I mean no disrespect to anyone by saying that they are an easier opponent for you.

Lots of big games this year. How 'bout Michigan coming out of the gates with 3 straight user games! Stupid ass Big 11 schedule. If it wasn't for me being cool and not wanting to disrupt the "no game after Michigan - Hairless Nuts" this might not have been the case.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As you all know, I'm never one to complain. However while everyone wants to start out against the CPU so that they can get a feel for their new team (and most do), not only does Michigan not get to start against the CPU, but they get to start against their guaranteed loss for the season and they have to play 3 user games before they even get a chance to practice against the CPU.

Goodbye frying pan.

Hello fire.

Basis must've been REALLY pissed about losing out on that #1 MLB!

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think the toughest schedules go to Penn State, Mississippi State, and Michigan State. Sorry JC, but you DID want to be your Spartans! :D And Miss State, well, your default schedule had NO users on it, so it was tough since you've already played the "lower half" of the league (record wise -- again, not slighting anyone).

The thing with Miss State is that they have Michigan and Penn State, a rebuilding Michigan State team, and then could potentially face me/Florida in the SEC title if we can rebound from our crap season. That could end up being the toughest non-PSU schedule.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cry me a river man. Take the file offline and play CPU opponents to practice if you must. Your schedule handcuffs me the most, BY FAR.

(n)

(y)

7. jello1717

Damn dude! It's probably on the 1st page of the coaching 101 textbook.

"We're just gonna take it 1 game at a time."

8. jello1717

Next year it'll be better once PSU gets put back on the schedule. I'll try really hard not to steal any good recruits from you tis year so you don't hose my schedule again next year! :thingnana:

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

My schedule is pretty damn tough, 1st 3 games are @ # 23 miss st, @ #14 USF and home against OU....with only 6 home games...ouch.

10. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Why do I have a very good feeling I'll be starting out 1-3... So disappointing after having good starts the past two seasons. :(

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    While it is tough to start against 3 users, out of your 4 user games you have the 3 bottom teams in the league. The only game where your A+ A+ A+ team isn't heads and shoulders above your opponent talent wise is the Notre Dame game.

Shaun

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

All I know is I'm not looking forward to week 2. If I can top Florida State expect a good season from me

13. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

It will be interesting to play Nebraska... sort of a lose-lose for them. They win and they'll be set this year, but might be a little put off that they could be working on back to back titles. They lose, well they lose.

Personally I like my schedule, I wanted to play Nebraska because of them being the odd man out last year. I'll always play ND (god I hate this team), and I get to play the team that scares me the most in this OD... Mississippi State. Say what you want but to take Miss. State talent and come within a point of beating ND, the the User has got to be good. So while ND, Mich, Penn State continue on with the same level of talent because there's not much we can do to make our teams more talented, Miss. States talent goes up, making them even harder to beat.

Thanks for the schedule Basis, it should be a blast.

BTW - next year when Michigan comes calling and I'll play both Michigan teams, do I get to keep all these users or is one of these games going to go away... or don't you know.

14. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Michigan St and Penn St seem to have the toughest scheduled. If Florida wasn't coming off a 7-6 year, I'd throw ND in there as well.

Miss St - PSU is a great matchup. These are the 2 users who have given me the most problems. And Max did it with far inferior talent. Miss St is only getting better.

I think the schedules are great. PSU-Nebraska was a must. PSU-ND wasn't a must, but definitely makes for a good rematch. PSU-Miss St was the one I was really hoping for. As for the ND schedule, I like the addition of Cincy. And even though Basis beat me with Florida in year 1, I'm glad to be playing him rather than Miss St again. Have I mentioned Max scares me? My only home rivalry game is in Week 7 against USC, so maybe this year Jello will lay of playing the ND rivalry game cupcake card in recruiting (no chance). In the interest of full disclosure, I did have a home rivalry game in week 1 against BC, but no one visits in week 1. Also in the interest of full disclosure, I do have a tickle in my anus.

Interesting to see the team grades for this year. The number of A+ teams has definitely come down since progression was fixed. Interesting that A+ teams like USC and LSU were ranked in the 30's and 40's preseason. I was really surprised that ND & Michigan kept A+ ratings, both having lost 15 seniors that were 90+. Although both have recruited well every year. I'm seriously doubting my offenses A+ rating after my week 1 game against BC. It was a bit of a struggle offensively, only 24 points. BC's defense is one of the worst I face all year.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No problem man. Knowing you, you are game for anyone and love the challenge. As far as next season, I'll have to drop a user game for each of you and Michigan. This will actually make scheduling easier AND more evenly spread. I'll see what I can cook up though.

I definitely have a good team this season again, and really think last year was a complete outlier. We'll see on the field though. I've got players I like in spots I like them. I figured this year would be "Road to Redemption" for Notre Dame, where you get shots at home at the two teams that beat you in the BCS NC Game. Glad you're looking forward to playing me :D

Jello mentioned "Coaching 101", and to that I say NO SHIT, haha! Just stating that he has the potential for 4 tough user games, for if I am able to make it to the SEC CG, there will be a reason: good play.

16. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

That's why I want to play him, I'd rather see him in person to know how much to be afraid of him, then continue to sweat about how good he might be.

Love the fact that three of your must see games include me... one would almost think that you're harboring some weird obsession towards the me and my Nittany Lions.

BTW - full disclosure is always te best policy... that's why when I met a girl for the first time, I always told the girl that all I cared about was doing dirty things to her. If she laughs, or gives you the "f' me" eyes, your in. If she gets mad and stops talking to you, then at least you don't have to waste any more time with her.

17. jello1717

I'll have you know that my offense is only rated an "A" this year thankyouveddymuch! While I'm sure that everyone will agree that Army sucks ass, go ask Dat who weak Mississippi State is.
    Not that it really has anything to do with this thread, I disagree here. I'm sure everyone will agree that there's different levels of A+ness. My team's defense was an A+ last year and an A+ this year, but last year's team was vastly superior to this one. Here they are:
    Column 1
    POS 2012 2013 DIFF
    LE 99 99 0
    RE 96 86 -10
    DT 99 98 -1
    DT 93 91 -2
    ROLB 96 93 -3
    MLB 86 89 3
    LOLB 90 89 -1
    CB 95 88 -7
    CB 96 88 -8
    FS 95 87 -8
    SS 94 91 -3
    AVG 94.5 90.8 -3.7

The difference between these 2 defenses is pretty damned high and my current defense certainly has room for improvement (and with only 4 SR starters, they will improve). Now, of course, teams like the MSUs have more room to grow, but there's certainly no doubt that even the Michigans/Floridas/NDs have room to grow.

So, just because you have 1 average recruiting schedule every 5 years, we're supposed to feel sorry for you now? Let's ask the plethora of 5* and 4* kids on your team how they feel about your recruiting schedules.

You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say this! There are 1 or 2 guys on my list that are ready for visits in week 1 and they both have ND in their top 2 or 3. I saw that BC game in week 1 and said "SHIT!" Luckily, this sounds like you're not going after these guys, which is great for me because you'll sign every recruit that you want and the rest of us can just get the scraps.

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I had one guy ready to visit in week 1, I don't think you or any other users were in the mix for him though. 3* guy. I went ahead and had him come even though I was only able to unlock 2 good pitches.

However, I did insta-sign 2 guys (first time I've had 2 in week 1, plus both guys I really liked). More to come on them.

I don't expect everyone to feel sorry for my recruiting schedule, but everyone should feel bad that my TV Exposure rating has dropped to B+. Because that makes sense for ND, especially coming off 4 straight 1-loss seasons and 2 championship appearances. WTF!

19. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Not like ND has national TV contracts or anything! :p

20. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Cry me a river, thanks to the restart the defending National Champs now have a C+ in TV exposure... which amazingly is the same as my first season with Iowa State in my other OD. :mad:

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Good thing we have the Big Ten Network eh?

22. jello1717

I was wondering about the TV exposure thing. Michigan's rating is down to a C+ also. It doesn't make any sense.

23. jello1717

Of course the 1 guy that visited you is #5 on my target list and 1 of the 2 guys you insta-signed was #7 on my target list.....