2013 Scores Thread

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

2013 Scores Thread

Post 'em here!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sooners 38
    Utah 27

Utah proved tougher than expected but made costly mistakes in the end that brought about their downfall. BCS Buster BUSTED. Full write-up in thread.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ECU 50
    Miami 43

52 Pancakes for ECU and 206 rushing yards for the their HB Graves spells defeat again for the 'Canes. Rival Florida and the swamp await next week.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Masler's score didn't make sense.

This shit makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. It seems like something is really screwy with the sliders. If they really indeed are 100 in everything for users (IE. rush defense) and 0 for everything CPU (IE. run blocking) I don't see how Suge's results would even be physically possible.

It sounds like the sliders are showing as 100/0 to us, but they're really something else.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

They felt normal. Tough as they have always been. I think it has glitched in some way and is just showing it as 100/0.

But Utah's HB was nearly unstoppable.

But Jello is right. We should have shut them out easily.

6. jello1717

That sounds like the case. It sounds like the sliders are really something different (either what we had before or Basis' default) but it's showing us 100/0.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Army - 45
    MTSU - 21

Army rolls on offense, with 6 touchdowns scored rushing. Heisman hopeful Denard Robinson goes for 200 yards on 26 carries and two touchdowns. Senior HB Tyler Brigham adds another 100, with another 150 interspersed between the FB and 2 other backs. The Army passing game was no existent with Denard Robinson going 5-11 with 1 INT.

The Army defense is very stingy, only allowing 14 (the other 7 was a pick six). Overall, the Army defense felt VERY strong...good pressure and only gave up one big run (which was a BS run where they broke 6 tackles behind the LOS then GONE).

That said, the sliders felt the same to me.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The ECU HB was Earl Campbell playing behind the Hogs. Every rushing play I had 1-2 guys flat on their backs. Never seen anything like it.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Florida - 41
    #14 USF - 0

By a very misleading score, Florida takes care of in-state opponent USF. Florida came into the game unranked to start the season for the first time since the 2003 preseason AP poll, a span of 10 seasons. The Florida program certainly deserved it's unranked status after a horrible 2012 season that saw them finish at 7-6 overall.

With a new season brings new hopes however, and the Gators started off on the right foot. USF received to start the game, and had a promising drive going before a user-caused fumble was recovered by All-World MLB Jelani Jenkins all the way for a TD. The game settled in for a bit before another two USF fumbles led to two quick Florida scores. This put the Gators up 21-0, and completely deflated USF. Florida cruised to 20 more points to put a big statement out there that last season was last season, and that this team means business.

They will bring their lunch pales back to The Swamp next week as look to go to work on in-state rivals Miami. The Hurricanes dropped a tough game to ECU to start off their 2013 campaign, and will be looking to get on track. Florida still has the taste of a 35-17 whooping they were handed by Miami last November fresh in their mouth. It should be quite the game early in the season.

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

FSU takes care of USC 33-28. Game was close the whole time, Greg Reid is a beast this year.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

BC 13
    #2 ND 31

Despite starting 7 new players on offense and 8 on defense, expectations are high again this year in South Bend. However, it is clear this team is going to need to overcome some growing pains quickly if they're going to put themselves in the national title hunt.

After 3 years of splitting duty at HB, Cierre Wood came into his final season as the clear #1 back. Rated 96 overall, and given impact player status, ND will need big things from him if this team is going to meet expectations. Wood seemed to put any doubts to rest, pulling off a RIDICULOUS spin move that juked 3 defenders and going 46 yards for a TD on ND's first offensive play of the season. From that point on, however BC's defense totally shut him down.

With Wood unable to find any space, ND was forced to throw often, which is not something they wanted to do in former #1 recruit Devin Archie's first career start. The redshirt sophomore from Hawaii showed some flashes of brilliance, but also looked very much like a young QB. One thing that was very clear was that he locked on to his Heisman winning WR Deon Spence in nearly every key situation. Especially after a beautiful 3rd and 10 pass to true freshman Adam Williams bounced off his hands and resulted in an interception. Fortunately, Spence was able to carry the Irish offense in his new #1 WR role, catching 13 passes for 152 yards and a TD in the game. Archie finished the game 24-41 for 290 yards, 2 TDs and 3 ints.

Outside of giving up an 81 yard TD run, the completely revamped Irish defense looked very good. Sophomore CB Mike Weeks picked up where he left off in his outstanding freshman season, intercepting a pass and scoring at a key juncture in the game. rsFR DE Jahmal Rice, whose tremendous progression was the surprise of the offseason, recorded 6 tackles and 2 sacks in his first career game & start. He has the look of a very special player.

Although it wasn't the type of dominating performance the Irish were used to last season, the win puts them into another #1 vs #2 matchup when they head to Ann Arbor next week. This is a matchup fans have been looking forward to for 3 years, pitting QB's Devin Archie and Mark Charles (both top-rated recruits 3 years ago) head to head in this rivalry game, both in their first year as starters. No one could have anticipated that the stakes would be this high, however with their teams rated as the top 2 in the nation. Can the Forcier curse be lifted from this series for Michigan?

12. jello1717

2013 Michigan Season Preview

Looking Back:
    Last year was a great season for the maize and blue. They went undefeated in the Big 10, beat the hairless nuts, and capped off a 12-1 campaign with a drubbing of #5 Oregon in the Rose Bowl and a #3 ranking. The defense was crazy as they pitched 3 shutouts, all against top 10 teams. It was also the swan song for 16 great players, 14 of whom started. The biggest departure, figuratively and literally, was 4 year starting DT Big Will Campbell. Campbell finished his career as the all time leading sacker in Michigan's glorious history with 30.

Looking Forward:
    Despite losing a ton of talent from last year's dominating team, the Wolverines are still a very good team and, surprisingly, start the season as the #1 team in the land. This year's team is clearly not as talents as last years and it'll be playing some younger guys, but things are still very promising in Ann Arbor. Let's take a look at the 2013 edition of the Michigan Wolverines.

QB:
    Mark Charles will finally get his opportunity to run the show. Everyone knows that he can run, but the question still remains as to whether or not he can throw. In his FR campaign he threw 8 INTs to only 4 TDs and he left high school with a reputation as a fumbler. Michigan's offense will go as Charles goes and he must take care of the ball for Michigan to have success.

RBs:
    This is unquestionably the strongest position on the entire team, let alone the offense. SRs Vincent Smith and Fitz Toussaint are both beasts and form a brilliant 1-2 punch. 3rd stringer Eric Ward has been brilliant thus far in his career, averaging 7.2 YPC. FR Lamont West brings the kind of speed that Michigan has never had in the backfield under coach Jello. The top 2 backs are very, very good and Michigan's stable is very, very deep. On top of this, Michigan's SO FB is the best FB to come out of HS in 5 years and is developing very nicely.

Receivers:
    We lost some good receivers and our corps isn't as strong as last year's and not nearly as strong as coach Jello would like. SR Jeremy Gallon is finally the #1 receiver and hopes to have a decent year after a disappointing one as the #2 guy last year. SO Greg Banks, who led the team in receiving last year as a FR, could have a breakout year. More on Banks later. Outside of those 2, the receivers are average at best. Given coach Jello's propensity for 5 WR sets, this could prove to be an issue. Michigan's TEs are mostly young and still need to continue to develop for a couple of years before they're real threats.

O-Line:
    They're fairly young and not nearly as talented as last year's squad. Even more than the receivers, this could be the weakest part of the offense. They really need to open holes for the backs to run through and to protect Charles. If they don't play above and beyond their capabilities, this could be a long season for Charles.

D-Line:
    Last year's D-line was a near-NFL caliber line (2 were 1st round draft picks last year and the other 2 will be when they leave Michigan) so it's not fair to compare the two. The squad is anchored by LE Craig Roh and DT A.J. Keller who are both poised for huge years. JR Wendell Campbell (William's "little" brother) will finally get a chance to start and JR Greg Simmons will also step into the starting lineup. Simmons is the obvious weak link of the D-line.

LBs:
    MLB Jarrod Miller is one of 2 returning starters in the LB corps and is still the weak link of the backers. SR Brandin Hawthorne brings the kind of speed to the LB slot that can either cover a WR or create havoc in the backfield. SO T.J. Grant will get a shot to start and could turn into a 3 year starter. This kid has tremendous talent and could end up as one of the all time greats for Michigan before he graduates.

Secondary:
    This year's squad is barely a mere shadow of last year's secondary. None of the corners are very good. The FS is not good, especially considering the fact that he's a SR. SS Jerome Williams is the highlight of the secondary and he still needs another year before he matures into an outstanding player. This is clearly the weakest part of the entire team.

Honors:
    Starting in 1979 with Anthony Carter, it has been a Michigan tradition to only give out the number "1" jersey to a WR that has proven himself worthy. No player had earned the honor during coach Jello's tenure until now. In the season opener against hated Notre Dame, SO(RS) Greg Banks will have the privilege to don the coveted #1. Banks is the first Wolverine to wear the jersey since Braylon Edwards finished his Michigan career with 3 TD catches in the 2005 Rose Bowl. Can he live up to the legacy? Only time will tell.

[​IMG]
    Everyone in Ann Arbor is expecting big things from Banks

Banks has the physical talents to succeed. He towers over most CBs with his 6'5" frame. He has great speed with a 96 rating. In coach Jello's system, no receiver will ever put up Anthony Carter or Braylon Edwards type numbers (no receiver or back has broken 1,000 yards receiving or rushing under Coach Jello), but Banks had a great freshman campaign. Last year he led the team in receiving yards, YPC, TDs, RAC, and, unfortunately, drops. His 647 receiving yards are the most yards in 1 season by anyone during coach Jello's tenure. By allowing him to wear the #1 jersey, coach Jello obviously expects great things from him.

Michigan does not have any preseason All Americans, but they do have 3 1st team and 3 2nd team All Big Ten players.

1st Team All-Conference
    * Vincent Smith - SR(RS), halfback
    * Craig Roh - SR(RS), Defensive End
    * Brendan Gibbons - SR(RS), kicker

2nd Team All-Conference
    * Greg Banks - SO(RS) (RS), wide receiver
    * Fitzgerald Toussaint - SR(RS) (RS), halfback
    * A.J. Keller - JR, defensive tackle

13. jello1717

You do realize that I just graduated 16 SRs, right? That means that I had 15 guys not named Forcier who went 0-4 against the yellow domers.

14. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yes, I realize this. No, I do not care. Forcier went 0-4. The important thing now is whether or not the Forcier curse lives on or if it dies with his football career (obviously he didn't get drafted).

15. jello1717

I think I smell some resentment for things that may have happened on a real football field and not just a pixelated one.

16. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Michigan State - 21
    #23 Mississippi State - 41

Turnovers. A lot. Eight total in the game, I think, but six of them were against the Spartans. That was pretty much the difference in this game. Hopefully full write up comes tomorrow... and I'm experiencing some trouble getting on the dynasty right now... not good.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Army - 55
    Ball State - 28

Army finally gets it's defense together in the second half after giving up 21 points in the first half. Ball State HB Williams looks like Barry Sanders and breaks two runs over 70 yards (despite having 87 speed). He also scores on a short run to give him three on the day. Ball State also scores on a fumble return for a touchdown.

The Army offense had an interesting day, running for 400 yards and throwing for 80, doing what Army coach Shaun Mason calls "struggling to run the ball". In the first half, Ball State came out geared up to stop the run and as a result Denard Robinson was forced to throw the ball. He responded by throwing 4 touchdowns and only 1 pick in the game. After halftime (where the score was 24-20) Army finally starting moving the ball on the ground, and scored 31 points in the second half.

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

What gave it away? Maybe my multi-page thread of Forcier/DickRod hate last fall? There was resentment before the game last September. The loss was made worse because of it, not vice-versa. And the resentment grew even more throughout the rest of the season as he feigned injuries, generally stunk, and continued to get hype from his win over the worst ND defense I can remember.

19. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Virginia 7
    Penn State 38

Nothing really to post here, before I got kicked from the game for accepting a party chat invite Penn State looked like they were playing with a huge NC hangover as I lead 10-7 with about 3 minutes left in the half, after turning the ball over 3 times (two fumbles, 1 pick). Upon the restart Penn State actually played well and put Virginia in their place.

20. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

#25 Boise State - 13
    #21 Mississippi State - 27

My offense seems to have become a lot more balanced... looks like the O-line has finally improved enough. We had 362 yards of offense, and it was split exactly at 50-50 between running and passing. True freshman Ken Gilbert threw a touchdown pass and ran for another. Boise State's problem was third down, I think they were 5-16. They were moving the ball fine, but didn't seem IMPOSSIBLE to take down.

Just posted Week 1 Summary. I fell asleep EARLY yesterday so I never got around to it. Also, since I got my game in, it looks like we'll be advancing tonight... which means I finally get to play my two tough games! :(

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Florida - 31
    Miami - 10

After a week one shutout, the Florida defense proved that they may in fact be for real this season. The defensive unit limited Miami all day, allowing them only 4 1st downs and 124 total yards. The defense was needed to overcome 4 interceptions by Florida's quarterback Donta Reid.

It was a sloppy game in the rain, as the teams combined for 7 total turnovers (all picks). Three of the picks were on hit-while-throwing balls (2 INT Miami, 1 INT Florida), and two were on amazing leaping plays by Miami defenders. In a game like this, the team with the better ground game was sure to win, and Florida ran for over 150 yards while limiting Miami to negative yardage on the ground. This allowed Florida to control the clock, winning the T.O.P. battle 19:21 to 9:15.

The player of the game was Florida running back Andrew Bell. The Junior back had 112 yards on 21 carries and two touchdowns, and 2 receptions for 73 yards and two touchdowns.

The Gators will now have a bye week before they seek redemption at home against Tennessee in week 4.

----------

Good game Suge. Give the ACC hell!

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Florida State 31

Oklahoma 45

Great game Daddy. You played well. Good Luck the rest of the year.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I just found a quote to put in my signature!

*EDIT* Nevermind -- it just isn't as funny in my signature as it is in my mind, haha! :D

24. jello1717

King Kong Has Left the Building!

Coach Jello has had a gargantuan sized monkey on his back for the past 5 years and it's name is Notre Dame. Michigan was 0-4 against the Irish under coach Jello. That monkey is now gone following a 34-24 victory Saturday night.

The game started off very familiarly for Michigan. In every ND game prior to this one ND had a 40+ yard TD run on their first drive. The same happened in this game as Ian Childress busted a 42 yarder for a TD on their 1st possession. Michigan would miss a medium ranged FG to exit the 1st quarter down 7-0. After a 30 yard TD pass to Spence and a Mark Charles 5 yd rushing TD ND took a 14-10 lead into the half.

In the 3rd quarter the wolverines would seize control and never relinquish it. MLB Jarrod Miller took over as he picked off Archie on 2 consecutive possessions and returned 1 for a TD. This, combined with Charles' 1st of 2 TD passes would give Michigan a 24-21 lead after 3.

In the 4th, Charles would hit Banks for a 40 yard pass on 3rd and 18 to keep a TD drive going. With 2 minutes remaining ND, down by 7, forced Michigan to punt the ball. Theo Riddick was lit up right after catching the ball and fumbled it to the Wolverines. This sealed the deal and got Michigan their first victory over ND in this dynasty.

This game had several side story lines in addition to the usual Michigan-Notre Dame game. It featured a #1 vs. #2 matchup. It featured the much anticipated matchup of QBs Devin Archie and Mark Charles, who were both signed during the same year. It also featured 2 star receivers in Deon Spence and Greg Banks who were also recruited the same year as Charles and Spence. Michigan's duo got the better of ND's duo in this game.

[​IMG]
    Charles played brilliantly in every aspect of the game, especially as a passer

Not only did Charles run the ball well (he led the team with 53 rushing yards), he surprisingly outpassed Archie as well.
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Player QBR Comp Att % Yards TD INT
    Archie 131.7 18 28 64% 194 2 2
    Charles 184.0 20 23 86% 211 2 1

WR Greg Banks, who had a lot of preseason hype with him given permission to don the coveted #1 jersey, had a huge game. He and Spence both caught 8 balls, but Banks was more explosive. Spence ended with 8 rec for 81 yards and 2 TDs. Banks caught 8 for 131 yards and 1 TD.

Next up for the Wolverines is #20 Mississippi State in a rematch of their 2001 Capital 1 Bowl matchup.

25. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Nice game Jello, good writeup.

Had a bad feeling coming into this one. I just haven't felt comfortable on offense since the first quarter of the Penn State game. On that 2nd user pick, I realized how predictable that route to the TE has become for me. You baited me right into it. Although he was wide open off the snap and I thought I could catch him quick enough before he made the break outside. The other int I just hit the wrong button. Threw to the guy I usually do on that play as opposed to the guy I was looking at who was wide open. But in general, you were a step ahead of me while I was on offense. In addition, I don't know if it's because I haven't been behind very often, but I've never noticed home field advantage in user games before. Outside of my regular plays, I struggled knowing which receiver was assigned to which button. Not so much a problem after the snap, but I hot routed the wrong guy on several occassions.

You played me just right on D. And I was having more trouble than usual slowing down your running game. And you didn't make many mistakes throwing, only 2 that I can think of. Only thing I was happy about was the way I used my user-controlled guy to play the pass on a few occassions, mostly covering guys out of the backfield/in the flats. But I didn't get my usual pressure on you. I think I only had 1 sack.

Round 1 to Charles for sure. I felt so stupid blitzing that FS with no one else in the deep zone on that 3rd and long play. Banks ran right past my rsFR CB. Good pass from Charles. His TD to Banks on the slant was the perfect call.

On that last punt that Riddick fumbled, not trying to make excuses just pointing out something funny/frustrating, my wife walked right in front of the TV as the ball was in the air. I was pressing the fair catch button at the last second, but definitely too late. Doesn't matter, no chance I would have driven down with 1:30 and 1 timeout as well as you were playing on D. I can't even say for sure I would have fair caught it if she hadn't walked in front of me. I have a bad habit of waiting too long to call the FC.

Congrats. Here's hoping you go 1-11.