2013 Season 1 Recaps

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by hornfaninbama, Jul 13, 2013.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

You know what to do.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

looks like I get to kick things off!

Game of the week actually for week 1 (worth about 150 xp pts) :D

BYU 31 - Utah 27 in the Holy War rivalry game.

I was up 21-0 and it looked like I was about to break loose on them....but then they started their comeback. I was still up 28-14 after the half but I threw a pick early in the 3rd quarter, which of course they capitalized on. The 4th quarter was a defensive slugfest. They had the ball at my 5 with 2 minutes to go and we put together a awesome goal line stand, stuffing them on a 4th and goal from inside the 1 to get the ball back and we killed the clock to secure our first win.

BYU POTG

QB T. Hill 11/16 180 2td 1 int, 33 rushing yds, 1 rush td

DPOTG

D. Sorensen and C.Bills had 9 tackles each. Sorensen had 2 of the tackles on the final goal line stand, including the 4th down tackle where he flew in like a missile and jacked the shit out of Utah's RB essentially to win the game.

We move to 1 -0 and it looks like we have a bye week 2.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Texas Tech Wins Big in Dallas 41-7!
    Not many people knew what to think once coach Cougs came into Lubbock. Throwing away his Air Raid that has had so much success in the past and installing an option game. Many Red Raiders fan criticized Cougs for his option, all he had to say was "if you think you can coach this team come on down." Not worried about the fans, Cougs trusted his players will learn the option and understand the concept all before their first game. The players traveled to Dallas feeling nervous about this whole new world of option football but Sophomore QB, Michael Brewer stepped up his role of the captain and gave our team a speech, "Fellas, I think we have what it takes this season to learn this offense and become a top notch team in the FBS. We are the Red Raiders and nobody should intimidate us and the only way we will lose this game is by us." The team inhaled those words and walked off the bus head high and ready to play some football. It was a cloudy and rainy day in Dallas but the Raiders didn't even mind it. The Raiders lost the toss but the Mustangs decided to kick. The Red Raiders took the field after coach Cougs said "No matter whether we win or lose we will do what we do." On the Red Raiders first drive they ran the ball beautifully down the field even though they had a few missed plays where Brewer missed those handoffs he made up with it with his feet. With 3:58 seconds left in the first quarter Texas Tech put 7 up on the board. What a great drive and the Raiders knew it as the offense celebrated on the sidelines while coach Cougs went to congratulate them. The Mustangs got the ball and Cougs already knew that his secondary was suspect coming into this game and SMU loved to air it out. Feeling kind of nervous Cougs mumbled to himself "please play good defense guys." Those words fell on empty as the Mustangs drove down the field picking the Red Raider secondary apart. Coach Cougs looked on as he braced the game to be tied 7-7 but impact safety, Tre Porter jumped a slant route and picked it off putting the Red Raiders on their 6 yard line. The Mustang fans easily went silent after that play. You could see coach Cougs jumping up and down in joy on the sideline after watching his defense come up with a spectacular play. The Red Raiders would have to drive 94 yards down the field if they wanted points. And that's what they did, just running the ball down the Mustangs throat. Every single play that drive went for positive yards and the Red Raiders found themselves in the endzone putting them up 14-0. Mustang fans knew it was going to be a long day. Coach Cougs was surely impressed at what was unfolding in front of him. The Red Raiders feeling too confident forgot how to tackle as SMU's QB, Garrett Gilbert would hit his receiver in the flats and would take it for a 54 yard touchdown. Coach Cougs was upset and he let his players have it once they returned to the sideline. "Wrap up! Don't go for hits! Play conservative football!" The players sat with their heads down. After that the Mustangs kicked off the ball and Jakeem Grant of the Red Raiders took it out of the endzone and saw a huge hole and hit it quick and nobody from the Mustangs was going to catch him as he went 90 yards and set a NCAA record. It was now 21-7. Gilbert would go on to have a stellar game but the Mustangs couldn't capitalize on anything and 3 interceptions won't win you games. The triple option coach Cougs installed worked wonders as the Raiders rushed for 238 yards, threw for 98 and 2 TD's as the Radiers routed the Mustangs 41-7. The Red Raiders are looking forward to seeing what else they can accomplish before this season ends.

4. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

So one game the sliders work well, n another game is a complete raping, this is not a good start to this dynasty. I'll hold my opinions though until I play my game tomorrow

5. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

I haven't played a game yet in this dynasty but i have in another. I think we need to play on heisman with sliders, or at least AA with heavy sliders toward the cpu. Straight up AA is just to easy in my opinion.

6. BDSDIGITAL

I dunno what smu and tech are rated but tech has to be a decent bit higher rated. Although smu should be scoring PTs. My matchup with Utah was pretty even, they are slightly better on paper. So my score made perfect sense given the circumstances.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Is the level on AA? If it's on AA I can understand why I beat them so bad. But my offense is a 90.

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

NORTH CAROLINA STUNS AUBURN IN FINAL SECONDS 18-17

The BPHusker era of Tarheel football began with of one the most frustrating and exciting games in recent memory. The Tarheel defense showed its toughness and the offense came up big when it needed to. The game started off well for Auburn as they easily moved down the field. The Tarheel defense stepped up and jumped in front of a Wallace pass inside the redzone and killed a very promising Tigers drive. On their first offensive drive the Tarheels couldn't do anything, going three and out. On the next play, Auburn's Mason juked a Tarheel LB and was untouched 40 yards for a TD to give Auburn the 7-0 lead. UNC bounced back on their next drive and got into FG range to put some points on the board: 7-3. The Tigers ate up the Tarheel defense again, moving right down the field on them. NC did get a stop on the drive, but Auburn was able to add a FG giving them a touchdown lead. UNC was able to get into FG range on their next posession and get more points on the board. The Tarheels' had problems on the kickoff as they let the Tigers' WR Louis go untouched for 102 yards to go up 17-6 at the half. Tarheels QB Renner had at least 2 chances on his side of the field to get in position for points, but he threw picks each time.

The 3rd quarter was quiet as both teams struggled to get anything going. UNC had a quarter left to do something on offense and hope their defense could hold. PK Moore got the comeback started for the Heels, getting 3 points on the board after a good drive by Bryn Renner. UNC's defense came alive and was able to pressure Tiger QB Wallace and strip him of the football. DE Brown was able to jump on it. With under 3 minutes, Coach BP decided to keep it on the ground giving it both to Blue and Morris. They were able to get it into the redzone and Renner scored a TD on a read option to pull within 2. BP called for the 2 point conversion, but it came up short. With all other options gone, the Tarheels lined up for an onside and was able to recover it after it bounced off the knees of at least 2 Tigers. BP gave Renner the reins and he was able to move them down the field and get them into FG range with under 10 seconds left. Auburn tried to ice Moore, but it didn't affect him as the kick was right down the middle for 3 points. UNC completed the comeback 18-17 against the Auburn Tigers!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Azwethinkweiz

Azwethinkweiz Walk On

Maryland's first game was a great success!

Coach Dawkins was very happy to see a very balanced offensive attack. 200 yards rushing and 197 yards passing. CJ Brown went 13/16 for 184 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT. He also had 5 carries for 55 yards and a TD on the ground. Wes Brown had 12 carries for 101 yards and 1 TD. Stefon Diggs topped the receiving list with 5 receptions for 92 yards and 2 TDs.

The defense held the Boilermakers to only 10 points. Rushing yards were actually -10, thanks to an amazing 10 sacks. However, the pass defense allowed 306 passing yards, which is unacceptable. While this is still a young defense, Dawkins believes they can do better.

10. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Man, this is going to be a tough season until I get the controls down again. I struggled so bad on offense and defense it wasn't even funny.

11. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

You gotta give the sliders a few weeks before going crazy and wanting to change them. The games look pretty good so far with the expection of TTU/SMU, which is how it should be SMU is garbage this year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hornfaninbama

Bears Get Off To Rough Start
    Broncos Top Bears 34-31

Waco, Texas- The Coach Trey era got off to a rough start as the Bears were taken down at home by the Boise Stye Broncos. "They beat us plain and simple. We've got some things to work on this week, and we'll be ready to go next week."

The Bears never got their run game going and it hurt the offense's ability to move down the field. Petty had a good game going 18-24 for 2 TDs, but he threw a pick deep in Boise territory and tht proved to be the difference. Norwood kept finding ways to get open and hauled in 5 catches for 105 yards and 2 TDs.

The defense couldn't slow down the Bronco passing attack. Southwick had a career day going 27-36 for 366 yards and 4 TDs. He spread the ball around to keep the defense from keying on one player. 7 different Broncos caught passes.

Next week the Bears will face a stiff test from Coach Dase and his Wolfpack. Hopefully they can get back on track.

13. hornfaninbama

IMO the sliders work fine. I could have won, but I made some mistakes that cost me, which is how I feel it should be. You get punished for mistakes, and they can cost you a win. That seems about right and pretty "sim". My ratings are actually a little better than Boise's but they snuck past me. Lets give these several weeks before we make any changes. The only thing I noticed is that the CPU passing game was a little over powered, but Southwick is one of the better QBs, so I can understand it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BDSDIGITAL

I like that every game seems to be a little different. Which is how it should be. All the games I've played have been completely different from one to the next. In the games I've lost and even the games that have been close, it has been direct result of turnovers. A turnover let Utah back in the game against me here. If I'd held onto the rock I think that game could've been a two score win. T tech is just better than smu am sometimes bad teams get rocked.

15. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Stefon Diggs is a monster!! Had Maryland last year n he is a stud!

16. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Blue Devils Edge Huskies in Home Opener
    Duke 28
    UCONN 21
    In what proved to be a turnover fest, Duke was able to prevail at home against the UCONN Huskies. Blue Devil QB Anthony Boone threw 5 INTs, but was able to overcome those mistakes late and led the Blue Devils to a tight win. Boone finished 15 for 23 for 204 yards and 2 TDs. His favorite target was TE Issac Blakeney who caught 8 passes for 112 yards and 1 TD. The running game was the saving grace for the Blue Devils totaling over 200 yards and was the most consistent part of the Duke offense. RB Jela Duncan led the way with over 140 yards on the ground.​
    UCONN had a big performance from QB Chandler Whitmer in the 2nd half, throwing 3 TDs. Whitmer was able to spread the ball around, finding a different receiver on each scoring throw.​
    Player of the Game:​
    TE Issac Blakeney​
    8 catches 112 yards, 1 TD​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

b12-kansas-logo-5.png 24
    wf4.png 6
    Jayhawks roll over Wake in opener

It took some tome for Kansas to settle in. Wake took a 6-0 lead late into the 2nd Qtr off of 2 FGs. Kansas finally got on the board with a TD pass from QB Heaps to WR Turzilli to go up 7-0 with over a minute left. Kansas then forced a 3 and out and scored with 9 seconds left on a 14 yard TD pass from QB Heaps to WR Harwell. In the 2nd half the Jayhawk defense locked down and didn't allow any more points. Kansas scored 10 points in the 4th to bring it to a final score of 24-6. With the win Kansas matches its win total from last year. Coach Lump Lump after the game. "You gotta feel good for these kids with the season they had last year and all the hard work they put in during the spring and summer, this one feels good."

KEY STATS KU WAKE
    Total yards 303 179
    Passing Yards 223 99
    3rd Down Conv 6/10 0/9

• Like Like x 1
  18. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Syracuse -48
    Rutgers-14

In a statement game for coach nick, he had his team as well prepared as possible against an evenly matched team on paper. Syracuse dominated this game from the start, posting a 28-0 score at halftime. In the second half syracuse just wanted to get outta the game with a win, running the clock and running it all over the Rutgers defense. When asked how his team played, syracuse coach Nick said "we let em score two touchdowns in the second half, both of which we gave up big plays on the drive. If we can fix that, we'll be fine next week against Kansas. They only scored 24 points against a shotty at best Wake Forest Defense. I think if we go out there and execute, we can hang with almost any team in the country."

Stats:
    Syracuse:
    QB D. Allen: 15-16 188 yards 4td's
    HB J. Smith 29 att 194 yards 2 td's
    4 wr's had a TD each

Rutgers:
    QB G. Nova 15-22 214 yards 1 TD 1 int
    HB S. Huggins 12 rushes 68 yards 1 TD
    L. Carroo 1 reception, 12 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

North Carolina - 21
    Baylor - 14

[​IMG]

North Carolina started off slow and in trouble down 14-0 at the end of the first quarter of play, but their defense stepped up the rest of the game. Both offenses had trouble all game, with 6 turnovers between both teams. After being down 14-0, UNC got it into gear with 2 straight possessions with field goals to inch closer at 14-6 at the half. In the second half the Tarheel defense played lights out intercepting Baylor's Petty for a 47 yard interception return to pull within 2. Coach BP opted for an extra point: 14-13 Baylor at the end of the 3rd. UNC got the ball back following another Petty interception and Blue as able to pound it in from the 1 to go up 19-14. TE Ebron snatched the ball out of the sky for the 2 point conversion to give North Carolina the 7 point lead at 21-14. Baylor had a final shot to tie it up, but the Petty pass was intercepted again and UNC was able to run out the clock.

STATS:
    North Carolina
    QB - B. Renner 7/13 0TDs, 2 INTs
    RB - A. Blue 15 att 62 yards 1 TD
    CB - T. Scott 4 tackles (3 solo) 1 INT, 1 TD
    CB - J. Price 2 tackles (2 solo) 2 INTs

Baylor
    QB - B. Petty 12/19 1 TD, 4 INTs
    RB - L. Seastrunk 13 att 89 yards, 1 TD
    LB - B. Hager 6 tackles (6 solo) 1 INT

• Like Like x 2
  20. hornfaninbama

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The Raiders fall short to North Carolina State 30-35
    After showing an impressive showing of their new option attack against SMU last week the Raiders were confident the rest of the season. Then in came the Red Wolves who just absolutely ruined their confidence. The Red Wolves held the Raiders to only 27 yards on 28 attempts. The Raiders were missing blocks left and right. We were easily driving down the field but just could never get into the endzone. It didn't get any better with Michael Brewer throwing 3 interceptions. The Raiders easily found themselves down 28-9 due to the lack of offense and defense. The Red Raiders outgained the Red Wolves on total offense but just tried their hardest too late into the game. Which ended with a loss.

• Like Like x 1
  22. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Iowa 41 Iowa St. 28

Its going to be a long season for coach tarheel and the cyclones. Iowa dominated physically throughout the game running through, over and around the slower less physical cyclones. The hawkeyes started fast building a hugh lead and never looked back. The cyclones and coach tarheel are still searching for there first win of the season as they fall to 0-2. Next up after the bye week is another tough one with the Maryland Terrapines. Coach tarheel and his team will be the underdog for the third straight game.
    I cant get to the game now so ill post stats latter.`

23. Azwethinkweiz

Azwethinkweiz Walk On

Maryland - 28
    BYU - 14

Maryland coach Brian Dawkins felt confident in letting his defense start the game, so after winning the toss, he elected to receive. BYU was able to move the ball but ultimately was forced to punt. This gave the Maryland offense a chance to strike first and they did just that. A long drive was capped off with a 1 yard TD run by fullback Tyler Cierski. BYU got the ball back and immediately answered with a 83 yard strike to Cody Hoffman. Maryland threw picks on their next two drives, and BYU capitalized once, going up 14-7. This would be the last time BYU would find the end zone. Maryland got the ball back and drove down the field to score with 31 seconds left in the half. Tied at 14, BYU was able to drive all the way to the 39 but missed a long field goal as time expired. Maryland got the ball back at the half and staged a long drive capped off with a 3 yard TD run with 3:02 left in the third quarter. The teams went back and forth for a quarter and a half before Maryland iced the game with a 1 yard TD run at the end of the game. Coach Dawkins was pleased with his defense, which only gave up 25 yards on the ground, but stated that the offense needed more work to compete.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BDSDIGITAL

It was a good game. I definitely had chances to create a bigger lead, but made some poor choices, caught some tough breaks and Maryland is good. All that equals a loss. Good game man.

25. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

WVU 31 Pitt 14

In the Backyard Brawl, WVU was just to much. Freshmen QB Ford Childress showed how much potential he has by going 16-24 251 yards and 2 TDs, and rushing 9 times for 26 yards. RB Charles Sims had 17 carries and 83 steps with 1 TD, also 3 catches for 104 yards and 2 TD's.

On defense the Mountaineers were paced by SR safety Darwin Cook with his 7 tackles, 6 solo's.

"It was a good win for us today, said Coach Stone after the game. Anytime you can go in and win against your big rival, it's great for the program."