2013 Season 5 Rule Changes/Sliders

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    2013 Season 5 Rule Changes/Sliders

Guys, a couple of things that I have been weighing out and thought that we could discuss.

- Any slider adjustments we need to make? I personally think that we have a solid set that we have tweaked too, but maybe running the ball against the CPU is too easy? What do you guys think? Also, we talked about upping CPU FG Accuracy, which isn't a big deal.

Current:
    Sliders & Settings
    Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty: All-American
    Quarters: 7 mins

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 40
    Pass Block 55 45
    WR Catching 40 35
    RB Ability 40 55
    Run Blocking 45 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 40 55
    Pass Rush 45 50
    Interceptions 30 40
    Rush Defense 45 55
    Tackling 45 50
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 40 45
    FG Accuracy 45 45
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 45 55
    Kickoff Power 50 55

- Aggressive gameplan is banned here, but do we want to allow the conservative features when playing against the CPU? This will give some balance to the CPU just aggresively stripping the ball and super INTs.

- Now that we are in a few years, do we want to adjust the position change req's or the regulations on going pro?

Current:

Position Changes
    *** Not that position changes only apply to recruits being switched to position different from their natural positions. Players recruited as ATHs can be 10 lbs and 2 speed points away from the restrictions and still qualify. A petition can be made for an exception to an ATH who may be close to the restrictions and is not capable of playing other positions well. A post should be made in the forum explaining the situation with full attributes of the ATH and OVR ratings at different positions.

Pos Notes
    QB: No Restrictions
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 88
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Height restriction > 6'2''
    Speed restriction < 87
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 245 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Height restriction > 6'2''
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 84
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 86
    MLB: Restricted
    Speed restriction < 86
    DB: No restrictions
    RET: No Restrictions

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    • is > 94 OVR
    • is a JR that has won the Heisman
    • is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

- EDIT: User controlled players. I need to clarify this in the rules.

- Anything else we can improve on or add?

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i definitely agree that the CPU kicker should be upped, i have seen them miss some chippies.... while it does sometimes happen, but its rare.... i dont think i would change anything else, running against some CPU teams is easy, but other teams can really stuff the run well, alot depend on the team you are playing against which is actually kinda realistic.... some of the super teams should start coming down to earth as we get rid of the crazy progression players.... so i like the slider once the CPU kickers get that bump..

3. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

My only real complaint from this season was the CPU QB just getting hot and then being impossible to stop... now that the ridiculous progression is gone it shouldn't be a problem...

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Coming from a running team, I would change anything with running against the CPU. I don't know how you guys do so well but it seems like a lot of the times when I run the option, the CPU linebackers are on me like stink on shit.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I agree with Bondzai on this one, my running game against the CPU was damn tough, especially against the power teams.

I would also boost the CPU kickoff as well, I don't thinkthey had a touch back all season.

I would significantly boost the CPU's FG Accuracy and Power, so to at least match our ability. To me that is the biggest advantage we have over the CPU.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Their K pwr is fine, I think. We will see how it works with the FG Acc up. I hate when the CPU can launch 50+ yarders with ease.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    While we are discussing stuff, I want to clarify something.

When we had our discussion about controlling players, we didn't say that you CAN'T control the safeties at all. This was not the intention. You can still control whoever you want, as long as you are mixing it up. If you want to control the FS, that's fine, but I don't want to see 110+ tackles from the FS position with 8 sacks and 40 TFLs.

Again, you can control whoever you want, as long as your play can be sustained by some sort of realistic or even relative backing.

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

i'm not sure if you can actually fix that with sliders or not. i think it is just in EA Sports to have it. it does suck because it takes the fun out of the game.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Also, regarding play with the safety.

Please refrain from bringing them up close to the line as a base set. You should always be at least 8 to 10 yards back, and that's close even.

They have a 4-4 set in the game for a reason. If your S is playing as LB then he's not really a safety.

Just mix it up, guys.

And another thing, please make sure you are award of where you are moving your players when you do the line and LB shifts. Sometimes it can put 3,4 or even 5 people between the A-gaps (inbetween the Guards) and that isn't counting anyone you manually move. Doing this causes all kinds of AI blocking glitches including them just standing there confused while three LBs and a DL pour through the middle and destroy the backfield. This has been a known issue since NCAA 2008.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Is there a package sub to sub in outside linebackers for the strong safeties in the 4-2-5? I would rather play it that way because I like the looks better than the 4-4 -- there really aren't that many plays worth running in the 4-4 in my mind.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    there might be, I don't mess with the 4-2-5 at all.

12. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

What were the changes made to the sliders? Just curious as the CPU K could certainly still go up, as Rutegers doinked an XP of the upright last night. Also it sure seemed like the CPU was getting better pass rush on me last night. I have all my lineman returning from last year, so they are the same. Just curious what the final changes were. Thanks.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I had alot of drop balls in my game....2 of them came on wide open lobs across the middle and it looked suddenly like laser passes from a young favre when it hit the hands...was there movement in catching?

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The only thing I did was bump the CPU FG power up 5. Probably need to give it another 5?

Everyone has had tons of drops the last few years. I think it's realistic, IMO. I think you are just seeing the difference between some regular recruits and the two 99 OVR WRs you have had.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The drops, while very very frustrating, also contribute to incompletions. Yes, EA dialed up the number of off the mark throws, but not enough to mimic actual passing numbers. This is a way to get those more in-line I feel.

Drift, maybe up 5 on their FG accuracy? If they are missing XP's and chip shots then I think that would maybe be in order.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think it has to do with power, like they aren't kicking it hard enough to push it through. I just don't want them to start banging 50+ yarders like they were on default.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I mean last yr drops were fine, but these passes were lob lead passes on a crossing route and when they got close to the target it would act ike bullet pass...

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The sliders for that haven't changed. It's your WR lower CTH ratings or just coincidence if I had to guess.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It sure seems like everyone is having a lot of success running the ball. Would everyone say that it's their RBs making plays, good blocking, or the inability of the CPU to tackle?

20. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I think it has more to do with us sending out some serious stud against some sub par competition, like SMU, Louisville, Utah. I think we should hang tight till we get into conference play and then take a better look at it. Bondzi put up big number against SMU but only averaged a little over 5 yards a carry. I don't think there is a problem with the top rushers in the country averaging 6-7 yards a pop and I think once things balance out thats about where they will be.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I realize some of the are skewed because of competition. I was just trying to get some feedback, I usually don't make adjustments after one week. I get some things to look for and then tweak from there later on.

22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah I get over 300 yards per game but I run the ball almost every play.

23. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I think that we should take a look at speed restrictions next season, particularly on offense. With all the formation variations (Heavy, 2 HB etc.) I have had plays run on me a couple of times by users where the starting HB was lined up at FB and ran it on short yardage. This is not a huge deal but if we are allowing this then we should scrap the speed restrictions for FB's because its just a simple loop hole in the rule. I think most of those speed restrictions were made for 09 anyways when speed was out of control, what do you guys think? I'm fine either way but one or the other has to go in my opinion.

24. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

I remember asking Drifter about having two HB in the backfield out of a running formation because I know USC does this in real life (sometimes). Form what I was told we are not allowed to do this.

25. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to do this do to the speed thing.

There's a couple of my shotgun formations where both of my half backs are on the field, but that is the default. On i-form and stuff like that, i don't think we are suppose to have both half backs on the field in the backfield.