***2013 Season Kickoff! Week 1 is now open! Deadline Tuesday, 9/10/13 @ Midnight EST ***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 8, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

[​IMG]

Who's ready for some football???

The inaugural season of Quality Simulation Football is officially underway and week one is now open for business! I want to thank everyone for completing all the tasks that were required to get us to this point in a timely fashion! I especially want to thank Doug and Michael for all of their hard work to get things rolling. I have a great feeling about the group of guys we have here, and I am as excited as anyone to get this thing rolling!

As I said, week one is now open and the deadline to get your week one games played is Tuesday 9/10/13 @ Midnight EST.

REMEMBER: Game recaps for any divisional games are required and must be posted by the winner in the Game Summaries & Team News forum. Of course recaps of non-divisional games are much appreciated as well!

Week 1 games that require a recap:

Patriots @ Bills
    Falcons @ Saints
    Vikings @ Lions
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Giants @ Cowboys
    Eagles @ Redskins

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we begin, I wanted to address a couple of topics:

GAME SCHEDULING

It is an ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT that EVERYONE uses the Game Scheduling forum to schedule games with your opponents.

While everyone is encouraged to use YIM, a league requirement, for direct communication; you still MUST post in the scheduling forum. This also goes for the use of texts, e-mails, PMs, whatever; no other form of communication is an acceptable substitute for posting in the forum. Even if it's simply to inform league management when a game is scheduled to be played, you MUST post in the scheduling forum.

This is something that we will be monitoring very closely, and anyone not doing their part could be subject to disciplinary action.

FRANCHISE SETTINGS

The franchise settings can be found in the League Rules thread. However, I have been asked about the settings for features such as ball hawk, heat seeker, and switch assist. These are user specific settings and are at each individual owner's discretion on whether to use them or not.

WAIVER CLAIMS & FREE AGENCY

Doug has posted the 2013 Pre-Season Free Agent Waiver Results. Please follow the instructions in this thread and sign any players awarded to your team, prior to playing your week one game. Sign ONLY the players awarded to your team in the waiver claims process.

Upon completion of week one, regular season free agency will open on the traditional first come, first serve basis starting in week 2.

TRADES

I have posted a thread to keep track of all team trades for the 2013 season.

2013 Trade Count

You may notice that there is a First Year Allowance trade listed for all teams. That is a BONUS in season trade that we are awarding to all teams for the 2013 regular season. This trade still must follow all of the parameters and restrictions of our regular in-season and off-season trades. Enjoy your extra trade guys!

OWNER MODE

New to the online franchise this year is the owner mode. Be sure to keep an eye on your advisers and make adjustments where needed. I believe all teams should also have a Media Question in your tasks for week one.

Team relocation will not be available until season 2; requests for a new stadium must be submitted prior to the completion of week one! Once we advance to week 2, new stadium rebuilds will also be disabled until season 2. Click here for the Stadium Rebuild Application.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that, I wish you all well as we embark on year one of The Q! Let's remember to be respectful at all times; have some fun and good luck everyone!

~Jim
    QSF Commissioner

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Alonso (ferocious)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David R. (ncsu12ddr)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (coachmimz20)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Mike S. (CowboyMike70)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    Steve (sactown)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Just wanna say thank you to LtJustice Michael Overman CHUNKNESS the amount of work and details you guys provide does not go unnoticed. Thanks for letting me be a part of this league

• Like Like x 8
  3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Lets rock n roll. Good luck fellas!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

I'd like to second this! I can only imagine the amount of time you guys put into making this thing run like a smooth oiled machine. Much appreciated! :5stars: (y)

• Like Like x 3
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

The "Q" represent! So stoked to be a part of this league! Thx Jim and Michael! (y)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

just tested and confirmed on my end, l2 and r2 together is slower than r2 alone, pressing l2 at anytime regardless of other button pressed WILL slow you down. use both buttons as tthrottles and you will be ok

7. CHUNKNESS

I'm confused by this Aaron.

8. Hulk_hagen_55

i can teach if needed as well, use r2 as the old sprint only different. while sprinting if you were to press or hold l2 you are in modifier mode and will always be less than full tilt speed. it actually even one of the first lessons they teach in the skills trainer. speed bursts speed burst but l2 os for the moves. speed burst isnt what they call a "move"
    also speed burst is directly affected by a players direction of travel with the L stick, moves made with R stick, and the actual players acceleration rating.

EX player A HB with 99 speed but 90 accel vs player B HB with 90 speed but 99 accel. in stick situations or at the line if you hit burst with player A it will take him longer to get seperation (hence ppl catching you esp if your already boned) but his seperation will be harder to catch. 99 accel will have much better time to create seperation but obviously slower top gear so has a higher chance of being caught..

I am Offering this to the Whole league for a brief period. if anyone is struggling with this aspect of the game, hit me up and ill help ya out and we will get you guys burning the edges and the runnig lanes inside in no time

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hulk_hagen_55

never use both buttons. its always 1 button OR the other if you want to use L@ let off R2. while you might be able to pull of something with both, you WILL have much more success using one or the other

• Like Like x 1
  10. LtJustice

Gentlemen,

We have come to find out in the first coule of games that the FG slider and Roughing the Passer penalties need to be addressed immediately. While the initial testing was done in the Community, those don't seem to correspond to the Franchise appropriately.

I want to thank Doug for doing some testing with me in a test Franchise and we have made the following adjustments (effective immediately):

FG Power: 40 (was 0)
    FG Accuracy: 40 (was 0)
    Roughing The Passser: 52 (was 55)

Thank you to those that brought the issue to our attention!

Have Fun!

• Like Like x 4
  11. CHUNKNESS

Just another thing that I love about this league. Everyone is here to make each other BETTER. Thank you for being unselfish and so willing to help your Q brethren out!

• Like Like x 2
  12. CHUNKNESS

To add to this, please be aware that we had VIDEO EVIDENCE of the issues which made it so much easier for us to address the concerns and make the appropriate adjustments. That, coupled with similar concerns from multiple individuals assisted us with our decision making process. HUGE thanks to JIM for addressing these issues so promptly!

• Like Like x 3
  13. CHUNKNESS

Thanks, Rob! PepperNY

• Like Like x 3
  14. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

I echo this statement.. Great work fellas.. Let's all do our part in showing our appreciation. Good luck fellas!

• Like Like x 3
  15. heathh

heathh Walk On

Thank goodness! I thought it was something I was doing! Almost didint get out of my Practice cause time had expired and My Defense kept roughing the passer so they kept getting 15yrd penalties, ended up having to drop everyone into prevent and contain the DEs. Just to end the Practice. LOL

16. LtJustice

Updated initial post with required recaps.

17. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

* cough* Kiss ass * cough*

• Like Like x 2