2013 Season Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Post them up boys.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

51274_crop_650x440.jpg
    2013 Michigan State Spartans Preview
    Offense
    QB: This one is going to be a very hard decision to make. Andrew Maxwell didn't have a great 2012 season and he has the second to worst arm on the team. Right now I am leaning towards starting Connor Cook over Maxwell due to Cook having the best arm on the team and that is what I need in this Pro Style offense. Maxwell will more than likely be third string because even FR(RS) Tyler O'Connor has a better arm. Youngster Damion Terry will ride the bench on a redshirt this season.
    HB/FB: Le'Veon Bell took off for the Pros, Larry Caper finally graduated. This left JR(RS) Nick Hill with the starting job and he has the skills to make a great impact and with a speedy Jeremy Langford behind him, they should make an very dangerous duo but Hill will see the majority of the handoffs. Niko Palazeti and Trevon Pendleton will be the bruising FBs as Coach Masler was reportedly eager to try out the Maryland I.
    WR/TE: The WR on this team are just full of talent. Tony Lippett, Bennie Fowler, Keith Mumphrey, Aaron Burbridge are the top four and were key parts of the offense last season. The major component I saw in them for 2012 was an inability to hold onto catches, we must have had one of the worst dropped passes rates in the nation though that could just be frustration. Paul Lang and Andrew Gleichart are our TEs. Gleichart has seen a little bit of action in the past but Lang is a newcomer but looks good.
    O Line: The guys paving the way will goes as follows: Burkland, Treadwell, Jackson, Kruse, France, Fonoti. If this group can stay healthy, unlike last season, then the Spartans will have all the protection they will need and the offense will become that much more dangerous.
    Defense
    D Line: On the outsides we will have All-American Marcus Rush at 92 overall and SO(RS) Shilique Calhoun. Neither have seen great playtime but now it is their time to shine. Holding down the middle of that line will be James Kittredge and Tyler Hoover. Again, a pair that haven't seen much action and are probably a little green, no pun intended. This is probably the weakest part of our defense, which could be a bad thing.
    LB: This has been praised as one of the better Linebacker units in the nation, some have even ranked them amongst the elite. Taiwan Jones, Max Bullough and Denicos Allen are all stellar players with Bullough and Allen both over 90 overall, Allen hitting the 95 overall mark. In the few Play Now games I've played, they have been all over opposing teams' ball carriers and O Lineman like it was nothing, I can only hope that trend continues.
    DB: I will start with CB Darqueze Dennard. This kid is on several award watch lists, such as the Thorpe and Bednarik. Of course I am speaking IRL but I would like to think the game thinks highly of him as well. Dennard boasts 91 Pursuit, 92 Play Recognition, 93 Man and 96 Zone. While he isn't the best CB I have ever coached, he will be the playmaker and should shut down just about any of his opponents. Then we have another new face to a starting role in Trae Waynes. For a SO(RS) he isn't too bad and by the time this kid is a Senior (if he makes it that far) he will be a monster. In the middle of the secondary we have FS Kurtis Drummond and SS Isaiah Lewis. Drummond is a better overall player but I can't wait to see his backup RJ Williamson in action as he boasts 98 speed but is rather slow on the acceleration. Lewis is a solid SS with a good tackle rating that will come in handy, he also has 90 Pursuit and 84 Zone, also handy.
    Special Teams: Kevin Muma will be handling kicking while Mike Sadler handle punts. Williamson and Langford will handle kick returns while Williamson will be the main guy returning punts.
    Predictions: This team had its down year. I don't expect to go out and win any championships the first season but I do expect to see at least 8 or 9 wins with a potential B1G CCG appearance, but it would not be surprising if I did not make that. It is going to be tough to hang with 12 users but I think we have the talent to do it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

[​IMG]
    It's football time again in Iowa City, the fans, the coaches, and the players are all excited to be back for what should be a great year of football for the Iowa Hawkeyes. The Hawks' haven't been living up to the standards the past few years, and it's been since 2004 since the Hawkeyes have won the Big Ten conference, but things are looking to change this year with a new coach. Coach Colt takes the reigns of this college football program for the first time, and he has been tutored by only the best coaches during his career. Colt will have his work cut out for him, the next few paragraphs in our program will show you the preview for your 2013 Iowa Hawkeyes!​
    Offense : B
    The offensive leaders this year are Sophomore halfback Mark Weisman, and Junior WR, Kevonte Martin Manley. Both these young impact players have huge roles this year in leading their offense to success. The quarterback position is up for grabs and will be awarded to the top standout between SO Jake Rudock or JR Cody Sokol. Coach Colt has left it up in the hands of both of these guys to prove to him which one will be taking the reigns when conference play starts. The offensive line looks to be a middle of the road group who has experience with about half of the group, these guys will have to mentor their teammates into being top offensive linemen for the Hawks'.​
    Defense : B+
    Defensive leaders for the 2013 Hawkeyes are Senior LOLB, Christian Kirksey and Senior James Morris at the MLB position. The Iowa defense looks pretty solid, the defensive line has a lot of young talent that should bring alot to the table this season and the following seasons. The linebacker position is the strongest part of the defense this year and the most experience. All three linebacker positions are led by seniors that will be playing for trophies all year. The experience secondary is led by senior Tanner Miller at the FS position and he is going to be looking to create havoc for the opposing quarterbacks all season.​
    Special Teams : B
    Prediction : 9-4

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG]
    The 2013 Illinois Season Preview

Coaching carousel:
    2 seasons ago the Ron Zook led Illini started the season 6-0, only to lose their next 6 games (the 1st team in FBS history to do so) which was the last straw and led to Zook's firing. Illinois placed their hopes in former Toledo coach Tim Beckman but he led Illinois to a 2-10 season (0-8 in the B1G). The AD felt that he had enough of that shit so they rode Beckman out of town on a rail and announced the hiring of a complete unknown, coach Jello Biafra. Only time will tell if this risk will be rewarded or if it's another huge mistake which could spell the end AD Mike Thomas' career.

Offense:
    Illinois' offense is pretty damned poor. They have the obvious start of the team in SR QB Nathan Scheelhaase but the talent level drops off sharply from there. Coach Jello loves to go 4 deep @ HB, but their 3rd string guy is only a 74 OVR. Likewise, it'll be rough going 4 and 5 wide when the slot receiver is only a 76. Illinois has 2 starting O-linemen rated 71 or lower. YUCK! This could be a long season for Illinois' offense.

Defense:
    Sadly, while talking about the terrible Illinois offense, I was talking about the team's strength. The Illinois defense is the absolute worst in the B1G (yes, even worse than Minnesota). Coach Jello prides himself as a defensive minded coach so this side of the ball will be especially painful for him this season. Not only is the D-line bad, but it's also really, really geared towards a 4-3 with 6 fucking DTs which is twice as many as coach Jello needs for his 3-4.

The LBing corps doesn't look too terrible and will be the strength of the defense, despite not being half as deep @ MLB as coach Jello would like. Both impact players are here in MLB Mason Monheim and ROLB Jonathan Brown. These 2 will be relied upon to anchor the D and they'll have to take a lot on their shoulders. When teams start passing Illinois will be in serious trouble as their nickle back is a fucking 69 guy!!!! Seriously Zook?!? Seriously Beckman?!? Thanx a lot!

Prognosis:
    A realistic stretch goal is to make a bowl game this year. If Illinois can win 6 games this season it will definitely be considered a resounding success.

• Like Like x 1
  5. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Rutger Football.jpg

2013 Rutgers Preview

Preview:

Coach Edge has come in as the Rutgers Administration has cleaned house after the recent troubles with athletic department. The Administration wanted a fresh start as the school enters B1G next season. Coach Edge takes over a very young team that consists of 39 underclassmen to open the 2013 season. The stakes are high and a lot is riding on this first season for this football program. Coach Edge has to prove that they can play with upper echelon of college football week in and week out.

Offense:

The team is young but has experience in the right places on offense to guide the offense. JR QB Gary Nova is back after a nice season throwing for 22TD’s and over 2500yrds from last season’s Big East championship team. This offseason the staff worked on his read hoping to cut down on last season’s 16 int’s. The O line should be solid lead by LT Kaleb Johnson as they look to open up running lanes for Savon Huggins and Paul James. The WR will take the pressure off Nova as they are big and fast to help spread the field. The team has the talent to points on the board but will need to be consistent put up TD’s not FG’s

Defense:

This is where the youth will show on the team as there will be 6 freshmen and sophomores starting on this side of the ball. The D line will be the strength as all three starters are SR’s. The back 7 will be young and inexperienced as D coordinator will have his work cut out for him. The kids will have to grow up quick and tighten up their chin straps when the B1G schedule hits. Until they gain experience it will be a bend don’t break mentality.

Outlook:

The team is young and needs to be rebuilt to fit the B1G teams. Hopefully the D can hang on enough to keep offense in striking distance. It will be a bumpy road for the first couple season until roster can be turned over. Keeping in the hunt for a chance to represent in the B1G championship game and Jan 1 bowl game is the goal.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Indiana Hoosiers Preview
    20120915_jrc_aw3_208.0_standard_352.0.jpg
    Preview: New Indiana Coach Hova looks to turn things around in Hoosier land and bring some respect to the football program. We have solid pieces on both sides of the ball but the true test will be if we can compete in the recruiting field with the Big Ten in the future as this is something clearly Indiana has not been able to do in the past.
    Offense: We will be lead on offense by SO QB Tre Roberson who has the speed (83) to be effective running the pistol offense and a solid arm as well to make the throws that will be asked of him. SR HB Houston is a downhill runner who will see a lot of carries this year but will be complimented by the future of the running game, HB Tevin Coleman. Coleman is a SO with 93 speed and 80 OVR so look for him to have a bright future. The O-line is quite WEAK with THREE starters in the 70s so that will be an issue. We have an older WR corps with good speed so they should be productive. The key will be the performance of the leader QB Roberson.
    Defense: Coach Hova will be installing a new 3-4 defense in Indiana right away so he could have some growing pains with the current roster. The Dline is awful and we do not currently have the prototypical 3-4 LBs, something we hope to change in the near future. If there is a strength in the defense it would be the secondary with 2 very solid starting safeties along with solid depth for the future. The CBs are solid is well led by 81 OVR SR CB Antonio Marshall. The key to success here will be how well we can run the 3-4 for the first season.
    Prognosis: We just hope to win 6 games honestly. We have the lowest rated user team in the E but we do have skill players so I think we should be able to win some games. The LARGEST issue is going to be recruiting. Can we compete? As it sits now we may be the only user team that has ZERO 5 star players interested in us and only TWO four stars. Even jello1717 and his 2 star squad have a 5 Star interested in them. I expect other top B1G teams to clean up on the recruiting trails. We will have to be smart and selective when recruiting and sniff out the gems that will succeed in our scheme. Recruiting will define how successful this program is. 7 wins and a bowl is the goal. I would like to see 9 Wins.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jello1717

My team is just as bad as yours (we're both 81 OVR, but my D is WAY worse than yours at 78 v. 82) but we're a :3stars: not a :2stars: (and we have 3 :5stars: interested in us (y) ).

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

:facepalm:. Won't be hard to get the talent in there. Am I the only 2 star user?

9. jello1717

Yup. Minnesota is the only other :2stars: team.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Isnt Maryland 2 stars?

11. jello1717

Probably. I was only thinking about classic B1G teams (force of habit).

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

[​IMG]

Nebraska is deeply saddened by the loss of previous head coach Bo Pelini. Coach Pelini was lost to an offseason heart attack, when WR Kenny Bell missed a bench press rep attempt at 315 pounds. Pelini was in the middle of berating the young man, when he blew a gasket.

The team will now be led by unknown coach Wickert. He will bring the pistol offense with him and the defense will continue as a 4-3, but the matchup zone will be scrapped.

Offense: The Husker offense is pretty solid everywhere this season. Most of the worry is keeping everybody healthy and recruiting some talent for future years. QB Taylor Martinez will be counted on to minimize mistakes in the passing game. If he is able to make good decisions, there are plenty of playmakers around him.

Defense: The Huskers are strong in the front 7, but lack depth at the end positions. There are also depth issues at the safety positions. The coaching staff is not sure whether this team will be conservative or bring some blitzes.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1