2013 Season Week 5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ghost, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Lego!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Rebels dominate Crimson Tide 49-28
    Rebel coach Keith Stone backed up his pregame talk, notching the biggest win of his young coaching career upsetting two time defending national champion Alabama on the road. "We got such a young team, and what makes us dangerous to us and our opponents is we really don't know what we are capable of. We dug ourselves a huge hole last week, falling behind 21-0 to a great Georgia team at home and trailing 28-3 at halftime, but we never quit came back and had a heartbreaking loss in OT, Im just proud of the fight of this team. After a loss like that, to not put our heads down, feel sorry for ourselves, and come out and execute on both sides of the ball against a team like Alabama, say a lot about the character of this football team" said coach Stone after the game. "These guys are really just getting comfortable in our schemes on both sides of the ball and this game just shows how dangerous we can be." When asked about his game plan for Alabama and what really was the difference Stone smirked " We watched a lot of tape from that LSU game in 2011, where they really dominated them, and decided the best strategy for us was to take Yeldon out of the game as much as possible and make McCarron beat us. Our guys were well prepared and executed perfectly"
    The game started off with Ole Miss winning the toss and deferring to the second half. On the 3rd play of the game facing a 3rd and 12 Alabama qb AJ McCarron facing heavy pressure threw a int to Shackleford, giving Ole Miss the ball at the Bama 34. Wallace led them on a 6 play 34 yard scoring drive to take a 7-0 lead early. The Rebels were everywhere on defense on the next possession forcing the Tide to yet another 3 and out. After a great punt return by true freshman WR Laqoun Treadwell, the Rebels started the next drive on their own 46 yard line. Wallace led the Rebels down the field on a 6 play 54 yard scoring drive and all of a sudden the Rebels had everyones attention. Alabama would answer, on 3rd and 2 trying to avoid a third straight 3 and out, Yeldon took off up the middle of the field after breaking a tackle at the line of scrimmage for 65 yards and a Crimson Tide touch down. The Rebels offense took the field again looking to take control of the ball game, before Wallace threw a pick near midfield giving Alabama great field position and seemingly control of the game. The Rebels defense would answer forcing the Tide to yet another 3 and out, forcing Bama to yet another punt. Wallace redeemed himself on the next series going 80 yards in 8 plays, capped off by a Jeff Scott 3 yard touchdown run, taking a 21-7 lead. On the next Alabama possession, Yeldon again broke into the secondary for a 23 yard run, and Alabama went 71 yards on ten plays to pull within 7 at 21-14. That would be as close as the Tide would get, facing 3rd and ten from his own 22 and Alabama seemingly having the momentum, Wallace found Moncrief for 15 yards, moving the chains, en route to a 10 play 78 yard drive that left only 30 seconds left in the half. The Tide went into halftime trailing 28-14 and the Rebels would start the second half with the football. Wallace was an amazing 18-22 228 yards 3 td 1 int in the first half.
    30 minutes of football left and you really had the feeling Alabama was going to find a way to get back in this game. Laqoun Treadwell returned the second half kick-off 40 yards giving the Rebels great starting position at their own 39 yard line. As good as Wallace was in the first half he started out the second even better, going 5-5 on a 7 play 61 yard drive on which Scott scored his second touchdown of the game from 5 yards out for a 35-14 lead. Alabama was moving the football before another big stop on 3rd down forced the Tide to punt again. Wallace went back to work leading the Rebels inside the Alabama 30 before throwing a pick with 1:41 left in what would turn out to be his only incompletion of the half. The Tide would need to answer on this drive, but once again the young Rebel defense stepped up, forcing their 5th 3 and out of the game and another Crimson tide punt. Wallace would answer yet again finding Sanders from 5 yards out, for a commanding 42-14 lead with 6 minutes left in the game. The Tide were being dominated, to this point in the game they had 185 total yards, while giving up over 400. Coach Stone called off the dogs at this point, giving Bama anything they wanted underneath and the Tide would make the game appear a little closer than it was adding two tds late in the game.
    Ole Miss
    Wallace 29-34 363 yards 4td 2int
    Scott 24 att 88 yards 3 td
    Sanders 8 receptions 102 yards 2 td
    Alabama
    McCarron 22-31 243 yards 2td 1int
    Yeldon 12 carries 113 2 td (88 yards on 2 of his carries)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghost

Kentucky bounces back from an embarrassing loss with and impressive win!
    After getting embarrassed last week by OU, Kentucky knew that they had to win this week or people would start losing their mind. Coming into the game Jalen Whitlow and Raymond Sanders knew they had to have a impressive game after struggling last week. They surely did produce this week combining for over. The game was pretty close till about 2 minutes left, Kentucky is up 10 on Florida's 1 trying to seal the game with a TD. Whitlow hands it off to Sanders and a Florida LB comes out of no where and pops him causing a fumble. Florida would throw a INT returned for a TD on the very next play though. They got the ball back and still couldn't do anything and Kentucky would just Knee the ball to run the clock. Kentucky Defense looked very good out there next week. We needed this win as it was our SEC opener. Hopefully we can carry this momentum into next week when we play undefeated and #2 ranked South Carolina Gamecocks.
    Stats
    UK.UF game stats.PNG
    Highlights

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

BRIDGEWATER THROWS 7 PICKS IN LOSS
    After an impressive win over Florida State, Louisville was feeling good going into their game against #6 Oklahoma. They came into the game strong in the first quarter with a 5 yd TD run by Bridgewater. The second quarter was where it all started going downhill. After throwing 4 picks in the first half, Bridgewater and the Cardinals went down 23-14 going into the Locker room. After a long, and drawn out "We're playing like shit" speech from Coach Legend Rips, not much changed in the third. Bridgewater threw 2 more picks in the quarter and Oklahoma would finish the third leading 36-28. Finally, in the fourth, Coach Rips lit a fire in the hearts of the Cardinals and they started to close the gap, scoring first in the fourth. They would go for two and fail leaving the score 36-34. Oklahoma would go 3 and out and Louisville would get the ball back with about 3:45 remaining in the game. Bridgewater would fumble on the first play from scrimmage and the senior OLB, Corey Nelson, from Oklahoma would pick it up and take it 58 yards for the score. Louisville wasn't dead yet, though. With about 2:30 left in the game, Bridewater would find his reciever, Clark, and hook up on an 11yd TD pass to bring them back within 2. Oklahoma would take the ensuing kickoff 101 yards for the TD and with less than 2 minutes to go, Louisville wasn't left with many options. They would go down fighting with Bridewater throwing one last TD pass to Damien Copeland, but it would be too little too late. Your final from Louisville, Oklahoma 50 Louisville 48.
    Louisville finishes with 605 yards of total offense, but the turnover bug was the victor in this one.
    Players of the Game
    Louisville T. Bridgewater 27-49 497yds 21 car 75yds 7 Total TDs
    Oklahoma Quinton Hayes 8 Tkls 2 Int

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Ouch! Sometimes you just get one of those games where the CPU hates you. Guess this was the one for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

VA Tech 42 Wake 21

Let me just say that my defense was tremendous once again! Gayle is a beast as usual and started off allowing very few yards on the ground. Had to rely heavily on the pass game even though I may have been forcing it a bit. It wasn't until the 2nd half where my running game really took off and handled business. I must say that the AI had a crazy momentum swing in the second half and Tanner Price for Wake was killing me on the QB scrambles and completing passes on 3rd down. We simply weren't forcing the same amount of turnovers as we used to. Very good game and GOBBLE GOBBLE all they way to victory!

7. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Strong Defense Carries Tigers
    The Clemson Tigers game into Winston-Salem riding a whopping one game winning streak. They looked to build on that streak by defeating a 2-2 Wake Forest team. Clemson's first drive ended disappointingly with an interception in the end zone after they marched down the field. Wake Forest answered with a field goal going up 3-0 going into the second quarter. Tajh Boyd threw his first touchdown of the game within one minute in the second quarter. Clemson scored two more touchdowns in the second quarter to go up 21-3 at halftime. Much of the same occurred during the second half as Clemson wins easily 38-6. When asked about the performance of the defense, Clemson coach HuskerPower responded, "We're really improving every week as a unit and I think our improvement showed during today's game. I couldn't ask for much more from these guys." Clemson QB Tajh Boyd also showed improvement after throwing 3 touchdowns to only one interception. "Tajh is adapting to my style of offense more each week and now I feel like he's finally comfortable with the kinds of plays that I like to run.", coach HuskerPower said. The Tigers look to build on their two game winning streak as they travel to Syracuse next week.
    Player of the Game - Tajh Boyd: 21-28, 3 TD, 1 Int, 11 ATT, 48 Yds​

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ghost

Wrong thread for this Summary smh...

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's his first one, so I'm glad he's getting them in now. As an FYI, dmw7782, put your summaries in the week for which the game was played. The week 5 summary for you should be for your game against Georgia Tech (winner does the writeup).

10. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

Virginia Tech rolls over Georgia Tech 31-7

The first half featured a typical LSU vs Alabama style defensive grind it out game! Second half it was too much D for Georgia Tech to handle.

Georgia Tech
    Vlad Lee 20-37 0 TD 3 INTs 228 yds
    Sacked 2x however converted on many big 3rd downs.
    Robert Godhigh 18 AT 71 YDS rushing. He also did well receiving with 51 yds.
    Travin Henry 5 ATT 70 yds receiving.
    Jabari Hunt Days led the game with 6 tackles.
    Jemea Thomas had a pick too.
    Virginia Tech
    Logan Thomas 8-12 144 yds 2 TDs 1 INT. he also rushed for 73 yds.
    JC Coleman rushed for 92 yds as it was tough to get going early with him.
    DJ Coles had 91 yds receiving along with a TD.

The second half featured a slew of sacks and picks by the nasty Virginia Tech defense.
    GOBBLE GOBBLE.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

[​IMG]
    ARKANSAS BEATS A&M AT HOME
    Arkansas came off a big win against Rutgers a week ago. Beating Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M would give them even more momentum heading into their SEC schedule. The first half was a very sloppy one for both teams. Arkansas' Brandon Allen threw 3 INTs all in the 1st quarter, and Manziel threw an INT and fumbled as well. The Aggies scored first with a TD pass from Manziel to TE Cameron Clear to end the first quarter. Arkansas striked back with a 17-0 run but A&M tied it up at the end of the first half to make it 17 all. A&M controlled the 3rd quarter scoring 2 TDs and holding Arkansas to zero points. The worst thing possible happened for Texas A&M when Johnny Manziel went down with an injury. He would not return for the remainder of the game and Matt Davis stepped in as QB. Arkansas took full advantage and out scored the Aggies 28-3 in the 4th quarter to take the win. The turning point of the game happened when A&M was on Arkansas' own 10 yard line and back-up QB Matt Davis threw a pass and was picked off by Rohan Gaines and was returned 99 yards for a touchdown to cut the lead to 7. That momentum shift fueled the Razorbacks to a victory.​
    Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams had a productive day, as well as RB Kody Walker who gave a spark to the Razorback ground attack late in the game. Mekale McKay caught 2 big TD passes and Rohan Gaines took Player of the Game honors with 10 tackles, 2 TFL, and 2 INT, including the 99 yard pick six.​
    Player of the Game: Rohan Gaines - 10 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 INT, 1 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Hail Mary Upsets Florida State​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    42-38 Eagles​
    [​IMG]
    Well, all I can say is wow! This is going to be short. If you would have told me pre-game that I would have a two TD lead at the half, rush for almost 300 yards and have the lead with 6 seconds left in the game... I would have been very pleased. But leave it up to me to still find a way to lose. ​
    After going into the half up 28-14, I got the ball coming out in the second half. I take two awful sacks on the first possession back and have to punt from my own nine. They get great field position and score a quick TD to cut my lead to seven. On the ensuing kickoff, Ronald Darby fumbles and the Eagles recover and return it for an easy TD to tie the game. With all momentum lost, I give up another TD to close out the 3rd quarter. BC leads 35-28 going to the last frame. My offense finally wakes up late in the 4th quarter and I'm able to tie the game up with 50 seconds to play. I then force a quick three-an-out, work my way into FG range and kick what I believed to be, the game-winning FG. "Not so fast, my friend!" Somehow on my squib kick with 8 seconds left, the very first line of the BC kickoff team swats it down and they recover on my 48 with 6 seconds left. :banghead: Then they sub in Doug Flutie, who then throws a 48 yard strike to a BC wide receiver for the win :wtf:
    So moral of the story, fuck a squib kick!​
    PS: NCAA Football 2014 (Like New) $54.99 Free Shipping! Any takers? ​
    FSU Offensive Player of the Game: Devonta Freeman 30 carries 191 yards ​
    FSU Co-Offensive Players of the Game: Timmy Jernigan 3 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF Terrence Brooks 8 tackles​
    Next week the Seminoles will attempt to play Maryland ​

• Like Like x 5