2013 SEC TITLE GAME PREVIEW

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Nov 27, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

2013 SEC TITLE GAME PREVIEW

2013 SEC TITLE GAME

Rankings Virginia National Rank Florida State National Rank
    Overall Rating B+ N/A A N/A
    Offense Rating B+ N/A A N/A
    Defense Rating B+ N/A A N/A
    Points Per Game 41.3 #4 33.8 #9
    Total Offense 5109 #7 4982 #10
    Rush Offense 997 #94 2181 #4
    Pass Offense 4142 #2 2801 #32
    Total Defense 3937 #41 4365 #62
    Rush Defense 1187 #46 834 #4
    Pass Defense 2387 #40 2942 #101
    Turnover Diff -1 #69 -10 #105

KEY MATCHUPS

Virginia QB Rob Metheny 227 for 329 4047 yards 45 tds 15 ints 337 yards per game
    vs.
    Florida State MLB Eugene Holloway 129 tackles 33 TFL 2 QB sacks 1 INT
    ADVANTAGE -- EVEN

Virginia WR Corey Nicholson 63 receptions 1289 yards 17 touchdowns 107.4 yards per game
    vs.
    Florida State CB Ken Robinson 53 tackles 5 TFL 5 interceptions
    ADVANTAGE -- UVA

Florida State John Norman TE 59 receptions 958 yards 16.2 per recpetions 3 tds 79.8 yards per game
    vs.
    Virginia MLB Lawrence Morris 111 tackles 12 TFL 2 QB sacks 4 interceptions
    ADVANTAGE -- FSU

Florida State HB Lonnie Pryor 261 carries 1583 yards 16 touchdowns 176 yards per game
    vs.
    Virginia MLB Chris Bush 77 tackles 2 TFL 1 interceptions
    ADVANTAGE -- FSU

Florida State WR Willie Haulstead 27 receptions 569 yards 8 touchdowns 51.7 yards per game
    vs.
    Virginia CB Rob Mackey 37 tackles 1 QB sacks 2 interceptions 16 pass deflections.......
    ADVANTAGE -- UVA

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Basically, here is what's going to happen:

Jr will throw the ball all over my defense. Because he is able to amass so many yards and points on so few plays, I will decide that I need to pass as much as he does. However, my strength is running the ball, and with the shit quarterbacks that I have, they will throw plenty of picks. Then, Jr will run all over my defense.

59-20, Virginia.

Okay, that is a stretch of a final score, but Jr should win pretty easily. He does the little things so well that any mistakes that I make end up costing me big-time. If I am not 100% on point, I will get buried. My actual prediction is 38-24 UVA.

3. JrRawlins

updated........

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Nice preview JR. As I said before, my defense has been poor against the pass this year. We are going to have to find a way to disguise what we want to do on defense to try to confuse Metheny. I think the matchup of UVA's offensive scheme vs. FSU's defensive scheme is a plus to the Cavs.

Virginia's defense is very balanced, and JR's move to mostly controlling the MLB has not hurt him one bit. Will Secord will be making his first start since the Virginia Tech game. The quarterback situation for FSU has been murky all season, with three quarterbacks having started at least one game. Our best one is out, so it will be up to Secord to manage the game. If we can pass the ball well enough to keep UVA from lining up 8 and 9 in the box to stop Pryor and Thompson, we may be able to move the ball. If we cannot get the running game going at all, it will be a long day. I give a slight edge to the UVA defense.

I stand by my original prediction, but that does not mean that I am not going to give JR my best shot (duh).

Vegas has the line at Virginia -8, with the O/U at 62.5.

5. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

No offense Basic because we have never played each other, but JR always wins big games. This one will be a laugher and give me Virginia -8, as they will win BIG. Sorry Basic.

6. JrRawlins

I wish won all the big games, if i did i would be undefeated...... but i highly doubt this occurs.....

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Fuuuuuuuck! All I can say is that this was an awesome game, and if I didn't shoot myself in the foot I MAY have been able to pull it off. Total defensive battle, he had more success on offense yardage-wise but not by much -- we kept Hamby and Nicholson in check pretty well. JR was absolutely crushing my running game so I had to throw it more than I wanted to, and with my quarterbacks being mediocre that ended up biting us in the ass. I threw a pick six where I had my WR open for a moment but threw the ball the moment after and JR made a good play to step in front of it and return it. I also had some drives stall, but so did he.

We'll give 'em hell next season and hope to make it back to the title game. It won't be easy, but my quarterback situation will definitely be better.

GG JR, and congrats on another CC!

At least we covered the spread! FUCK YOU FLO!! ;) :D