2013 Sliders

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Magoo, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

clayandlbf

I know we are going with the Heisman level.

What set of sliders are we using?

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I say we go with default heisman the first season, and then look into changing sliders. This way we have a large sample to draw from for suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Magoo is just worried because his new Air Raid offense sucks!!!!

4. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Naw, that is the one I just created, I have not shown you the one I will be using, just the ones that I was curious about. I have the one I will be running. Also I have not abandoned the Pro set yet. Va Tech will be fine after a few seasons of my recruiting.

5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

There is still the matter of speed threshold and game speed ... or has that been decided?

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'm liking the zero for speed threshold. Not sold on the slow game speed yet.

7. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Several leagues that weren't using it are moving to it because of the camera. It takes a second for your outside receivers to be visible, so the slow speed would give you the added reaction time to allow them to be seen.

8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

9. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

The sliders for user kicking needs to be turned down a bit, I have seen a 57 yard field goal in online play.

10. BigKing

I've already posted that in another thread. My advice to you is to stop worring about my team, stop telling me how close you keep getting to my QB, and start trying to do more then punt every time you have the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

What ever sliders make it so that defensive players don't automatically key the run play :) god I hate that. especially the corners always knowing when it's a run without even backpedaling.
    As far as game speed I prefer a slower speed because it does give a more sim feel. With default heisman the cpu is way cheap sometimes to the point that fun is out of the question.

12. BigKing

I'm actually liking the 0 threshold and slow speed.

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Some of the dynasties that were waiting bc of the recruiting bug are starting up soon. Because we already limit 5* recruits for user teams, this may not be a big issue for us. We still need a good set of rosters we can all agree on plus, make a decision about game speed and threshold. I like the idea of starting with default sliders and adjust year #2.

14. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I would prefer waiting on the community rosters, which are tentatively scheduled for Sunday. Obviously, I am a fan of slow speed and zero speed threshold. Honestly, I feel as though sliders need adjusting now, but a tuner could correct what I see wrong and make them pointless. I posted some great sliders I came up with earlier, humbly speaking of course, if any one wants to try them, but on this I'll defer to the rest of the group.

15. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

I think it's a good idea to at least use a slight variation to some of the sliders for the first season, but I'm good with whatever. As for the game speed, I was very skeptical of slow speed but I tried it this morning. I liked it, but I'm not sure whether I like slow or normal better. I do like having the speed threshold somewhere between 0 and 25. I've currently got mine set to 10 and think it's pretty good.

16. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

If we are going to adjust some sliders, i need you guys to test some out and let everyone know your findings.

Dj has some he has tried. You guys look at his and test them out. Ill do the same. Up to now i honestly havnt played that many cpu games.

Play some games and post your finds online.

17. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

18. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Heisman
    7min qts.
    Slow game speed
    0 speed threshold

Penalties (if not listed, keep at 50)
    Offsides- 90
    False start- 90
    Offensive and defensive pass interference, and kr/pr interference- 100
    Intentional grounding- 100

Sliders: user/CPU (if not listed, keep at 50)
    QB accuracy- 35/35
    Pass blocking- 55/40
    WR catching- 40/40
    RB ability- 50/50
    Run blocking- 50/50
    Pass coverage- 95/95
    Pass rush- 60/40
    Interceptions- 30/25
    Rush defense- 50/70
    Tackling- 50/65
    FG power- 45/45
    Kickoff power- 40/50

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

we are changing to 7 min quarters? or has it always been 7?

20. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

Not sure how I feel about the sliders. I'm Houston (B ovr) playing Texas State (D ovr), and at half I've already fumbled twice off of hits and have had six drops. Tons of route mirroring also. Defense feels right though.

It may be an isolated case, but it makes me weary.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ntics-simulation-saturday-slider-project.html

Set above has gotten very good reviews and is supposed to give a variety of games. I'm gonna give the current set another game though.

21. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I have noticed the drops also, user catching is the way to go IMO. As far as the fumbles, I have noticed a tendency to fumble when your tagged with a big hit on the ball side this year.

I was a sceptic too but I've had some clean games SO FAR (outside of EA's issues)

normal speed

22. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I went with 95 on pass defense to eliminate the plays where the db's are there to make the play and do nothing. There's no slider to directly control fumbles. The best advice I can give you is to wrap up the ball and not try to fight for yards. The cpu gets a lot of fumbles on Heisman. My advice for everyone is let's start the season off with this slider set, and we can have a mid-season review to decide if any changes need to be made the first season. If you see something that needs changing post what your seeing and why you think it is a problem. Also remember, that any changes you recommend should be to things you see on a consistent basis over several games, and not a reaction to one play or game you have. From what I've been told changes to sliders only affect cpu vs. user games and have no impact on user vs. user games. User vs. user games are automatically on the default level.

23. WreckEm27

Yeah. I've played a few more games on Heisman with different sets. I just don't think I like Heisman. Even after playing a few(4-5) games with a set on AA I wasn't exactly thrilled, but felt as though my mistakes were more mine than due to CPU issues.

Things I see consistently from game to game(with our current set):
    Poor pass blocking. AA is better than Heisman in this regard.
    Dropped passes. I'm not much of a user catch guy, so if I have to user catch to be successful (I'm an Air Raid guy) then I'm completely screwed.
    DB mirroring. I'm not sure what controls this, but it can completely just shut you down due to how great every single DB is at covering a guy over the middle.
    I get pretty good games on defense. I'm pretty pleased on that end.

Keep in mind I'm an Air Raid guy. I was able to run it pretty successfully last year. But so far this go around I'm having issues.

Maybe it is the slow speed? It seems like every year there is so much we don't know about how the game works, so we spend a few months just figuring out how to make it play well. Frustrating.

I did find an interesting article that somewhat shook my world considering I'm a 0 threshold guy. http://www.operationsports.com/foru...shold-slider-wide-open-passing-explained.html

24. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I read the original post, and the article is really pointless in my opinion. He ran an out against man coverage every play to test. Who runs man every play? Pass coverage is not based solely on speed and acceleration, but awareness and coverage ratings. There are very few CB's on this planet than can line up in man and cover a receiver one on one without help from the safety over the top, a lb underneath, and/ or pressuring the qb. The whole point of the test made no sense to me. Speed threshold at O keeps fast skill position guys from being caught from behind by lineman. I'm sure it has some effect on pass coverage, but not to the extent the post claims. As far as the drops, there should be some in each game. Receivers often drop routine passes. What kind of total number of drops per game are you talking?

25. WreckEm27

I'm getting anywhere from 6-12 per game.

Drops are a big problem, but the mirroring is the real killer. It likes to show up in the most inopportune times as well.