2013 Sooners Chronicle

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The 2013 Oklahoma Daily

BCS Buster BUSTED

[​IMG]

Utah Utes at Oklahoma Sooners

The Sooners open up the season at home with a Win. The Utes of Utah flew in Friday night and came out strong on Saturday afternoon. True they played quite well, which was unexpected.At one point Thomas was like 8 for 8 before he threw his first incompletion. Anyway, losing 10-0 at one point the Utes made a come back to take the lead 24-23. But the Oklahoma defense finally came out of their slump by intercepting the ball one and proving to be a huge wall for the offense. Oklahoma would go on to score twice more (converting a 2pt conversion along the way to make it a 7pt game). Both teams only gave up one turnover. Giving us the final score of 38-27. I heard rumors of sliders being at all 100s, idk what that was all about but this game felt normal to me.

Coach Comments: "I think we could have played a little better on defense today. My players are being watched heavily by the whole nation as they have proed they are superb players. We did not play as superb players today. Once we gained the large lead we let it slip, even letting the other team lead. That should never happen. Looks like I have some lessons about not getting cocky to teach. Otherwise it was a great game, I was especially pleased with HB Charles, he was third string last year and proved himself today. Good Game Utah, good luck on your season."

The Sooners start off 1-0 and host the Seminoles of Florida St in Week 2.

Box Score

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Utah 0 14 7 6 27
    OU 10 13 0 15 38

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 21/31, 348 yds, 3 TD (It counted one of these TDs as the TD I got off the option to Charles, idk why. That would also be Charles' receiving TD.)

R. Charles 36 Att, 164 yds, 2 TD, 2 Rec, 32 yds, 1 TD, 2 pt conversion

E. Reese 5 Rec, 55 yds

J. Atkins 5 Rec, 63 yds, 1 TD

C. Davis 4 Rec, 100 yds, 1 TD

Overall Defense: 2 Sack, 1 INT

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sooners down Seminoles

Basically Cowboys vs Indians today in Norman. FSU took the ball first and didn't get too far. Sooners then scored on a 70 yard TD pass. Florida State looked ready to answer back when starter Pryor is knocked out for the game. A couple plays later the backup throws a pick. Eventually he throws another pick, this time for 6. Sooners took a 24-7 lead into the half and never looked back. Coach Masler settled for more conservative play but never allowed the Seminoles to come within more than 14. Overall it was a great game. SS Green had a great day on the field with both picks and the pick 6. QB Thomas also had a great day with over 200 yards passing, only missing 4 passes and threw only 1 INT.

GG Daddy, pretty good game considering you didn't have your starting QB and I didn't have my star HB.

Box Score:

FSU 0 7 16 8 31
    OU 7 17 14 7 45

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 19/23, 271 yds, 2 TD, 8 Att, 29 yds, 1 TD

A. Richardson 27 Att, 134 yds, 2 TD

B. Phillips 3 Rec, 92 yds, 2 TD

T. Green 5 Tack, 2 INT, 1 INT TD

Video of Pick 6:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17286876

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Spartans give Sooners a run for their money​

After going up 14-3 early on in the game, Michigan State made a crazy run to tie the score 21-21 before halftime. The second half was nothing but back to back scoring ultimately resulting in Oklahoma winning. The Spartans were forced to give it back to the Sooners in their last crucial drive.

HB Charles had a huge day and he helped the Sooners drain the clock in the 4th quarter to preserve the win. He accumulated over 200 yards. The TE also played a huge role, being wide open numerous times to rack up over 100 yards receiving and a TD.

Michigan State's HB's also earn honorable mention as they gave the OU defense a headache.

The Sooner remained undefeated 3-0(0-0). They open up Big 12 play against Kansas State next week.

Box Score

OU 14 7 10 14 45
    MSU 3 18 7 7 35

OU Player of the Game: R. Charles 27 Carries, 202 yards, 4 TD

MSU Player of the Game: A. Maxwell 14/25, 184 yds, 2 TD

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nice little write-up dude. I think Maxwell earned his starting spot back during this one.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Easy Big 12 opener win

Oklahoma dominated on offense and defense today in their conference opener. It included a fumble recovery for a TD, a safety and lots of yards. Kansas State did prevent a shutout and scored on a fumble recovery of their own after Thomas lost the ball.

Sooners stay undefeated at 4-0(1-0). They host Texas in the Huge Rivalry game known as the Red River Rivalry in Week 6.

Box Score

KSU 0 0 7 0 7
    OU 14 21 0 2 37

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 20/37, 335 yds, 2 TD

R. Charles 28 Att, 178 yds, 1 TD

C. Reid 6 Rec, 127 yds, 1 TD

A. Davis 12 Tack, 7 TFL, 6 Sack, 1 FF

E. Simmons 2 Tack, 1 FR, 26 yds, 1 TD

D. Sanders 6 Tack, 2 TFL, 2 Sack, 1 Safety

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sooners lose in overtime after blowing two leads. Receivers could catch nothing in OT and lose. In no way were the Longhorns dominate. More like lucky plays with glitches. Could have easily intercepted them at least 4 times and it didn't switch me to that guy. That and the lack of a running game, even though I scored most of my points that way. Tight ends seemed to be the only people capable of catching a decent pass. So with a pass happy offense and a huge day on both sides of the ball, the Sooners still lose the Red River Rivalry and this coach is pissed. Looks like my Big 12 Championship dreams are over already. Final score 42-49

The only player worth noting any stats about is my DE. I didn't control him once this game and his stats were:

11 Tackles, 10 TFL, 9 Sack, 1 FF

They just could not block this dude. Yet he didn't step up when we needed him most...

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That's 15 sacks in 2 weeks for an 85 ovr DE. 9 against a very good team (Texas). I think my ND CAREER record for sacks is 18. How is this happening? Is it all from the same play? Do you have any video?

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well I tend to control defensive lineman. And whenever I control this guy (mostly in a shotgun formation situation) he busts through the line and sacks at least 3 times a game. But normally I am on a DT. Against Texas he got 5 of those sacks without me controlling him. I'm not quite sure either. And no I do not have video, I could save one if you like.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sooners win big...maybe too big...​

A day where the defense would not stop. The Oklahoma defense dominated this one from the start. They shut out Baylor until the 4th quarter where the Baylor offense woke up and scored 14 points like it was easy, had it been like that this score would be ALOT closer. The defense had 5 INT's, easily controlling the secodary. On the offensive side, HB Charles had a great day running and WR Phillips gained HUGE yards, even though he touched the ball only 4 times (1 was actually meant for the other receiver but it got tipped and Phillips saved it from being intercepted. In the remaining 30 seconds Coach Masler thought he was safe to supersim, but his defense got the ball away from Baylor and took it for a TD. Breaking the scoring cap...there will likely be consequences. Moral of this story: NEVER supersim if you are that close to the scoring cap or at all for that matter. This will not happen again.

Coach Comments: "We played well today, but I shouldn't have turned my back until the game was over. I will make sure this isn't a problem again. Anyway, I have to say my defense has played incredibly lately, very proud. And I am grateful to have Phillips on my team, hauling in two 80 yard passes and saving us from an interception, that's a true player right there."

Box Score

Bay 0 0 0 14 14
    OU 14 21 14 20 69

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 12/27, 305 yds, 4 TD, 7 Rushes, 13 yds, 1 TD (very inaccurate today but when he did hit them...wow..)

R. Charles 24 Att, 123 yds, 1 TD

B. Phillips 4 Rec, 173 yds, 2 TD

C. Davis 1 Rec, 33 yds, 1 TD

A. Davis 12 Tack, 6 TFL, 3 Sack, 1 FF

D. Hurst 4 Tack, 2 INT, 145 INT yds, 2 TD (This is the guy everyone is pointing fingers at.)

Overall Defense had: 5 INT's, 4 Sacks, 2 FF, 3 TD

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

NCAA officials throw out results of game for scoring too high. Coach Masler will not be attending the rematch.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Where was the defense??

OU 52

Ok St 66

Say goodbye to all hopes for a Big 12 Champ game. The annual Bedlam game started off good for Ok St as they got two pick 6s. Oklahoma's major problem this game was the O line could not protect Thomas who got picked off tips 6 times, 3 for TD's, even though he had a spectacular 500 yds passing day. Yes, OU was pass happy today as the Cowboys defense shut Charles down several times. The other major problems were coverage and tackling. No one and I mean no one could tackle or cover their receivers, it was as I put my 4th strings in. It was close until the 3rd pick 6. Ok State was just unstoppable on offense and the late rally by the Sooners did nothing to help. I might have won had I gotten a stop on defense. Good luck in the Big 12 Champ game Hova, pretty sure you'll be playing them.

Coach Comments: "Thomas had a huge day passing but also a terrible day with 6 INT's. I'm happy he got all those yards but quite disappointed we gave up so many turnovers. Our shot at a Big 12 Title is gone.."

Box Score

Ok St 21 10 28 7 66
    OU 10 14 14 14 52

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 22/44, 504 yds, 4 TD, 6 INT's:mad:

R. Charles 24 Att, 65 yds, 2 TD

J. Atkins 6 Rec, 169 yds, 2 TD

B. Phillips 5 Rec, 116 yds

C. Davis 3 Rec, 135 yds, 1 TD

Nothing even close was notable about the defense, that was one of the WORST experiences I've ever had with defense so far in this game.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Where was the defense??​

OU 52

Ok St 66

Say goodbye to all hopes for a Big 12 Champ game. The annual Bedlam game started off good for Ok St as they got two pick 6s. Oklahoma's major problem this game was the O line could not protect Thomas who got picked off tips 6 times, 3 for TD's, even though he had a spectacular 500 yds passing day. Yes, OU was pass happy today as the Cowboys defense shut Charles down several times. The other major problems were coverage and tackling. No one and I mean no one could tackle or cover their receivers, it was as I put my 4th strings in. It was close until the 3rd pick 6. Ok State was just unstoppable on offense and the late rally by the Sooners did nothing to help. I might have won had I gotten a stop on defense. Good luck in the Big 12 Champ game Hova, pretty sure you'll be playing them.

Coach Comments: "Thomas had a huge day passing but also a terrible day with 6 INT's. I'm happy he got all those yards but quite disappointed we gave up so many turnovers. Our shot at a Big 12 Title is gone.."

Box Score

Ok St 21 10 28 7 66
    OU 10 14 14 14 52

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 22/44, 504 yds, 4 TD, 6 INT's:mad:

R. Charles 24 Att, 65 yds, 2 TD

J. Atkins 6 Rec, 169 yds, 2 TD

B. Phillips 5 Rec, 116 yds

C. Davis 3 Rec, 135 yds, 1 TD

Nothing even close was notable about the defense, that was one of the WORST experiences I've ever had with defense so far in this game.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sooners end bad season

OU 42

Ga Tech 51

Another game were the Sooners had a decent lead and the defense let them down. In OT they score the TD but the ball carrier fumbles AFTER breaking the plane and it's ruled a fumble which the yellow jackets take back for a TD. Hb Charles was the pinnacle of the offense with 36 Att, 204 yds, 4 TD. Backup Qb had a decent day but the receivers continuously dropped passes. Sooners finish a dismal season 6-6 (3-5).

Look at the replay:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18271169

Plane Broken, Knee is Down from what I see. No Challenge, no nothing.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

At least they won their Bowl​

Houston vs. Oklahoma, Texas Bowl

The Cougars came out as a fiesty bunch today in the Texas bowl. They made it tough for the Sooners until late in the 2nd quarter when OU said ENOUGH, WE ARE A GOOD TEAM!! And from there it was all Sooners. Offense, defense, you name it. Linebacker Wort took an INT back to the house and Thomas played great, as he did at the beginning of the season. HB Charles once again had a huge day on the ground as noted below. A good way to end a bad season, well bad for the Sooners.

OU finishes 7-6.

Coach Comments: "Glad we finally broke the losing streak and won our bowl."

Notable Stats:

J. Thomas 19/34, 311 yds, 3 TD

R. Charles 36 Car, 202 yds, 3 TD

B. Phillips 4 Rec, 86 yds

C. Davis 4 Rec, 105 yds, 2 TD

T. Wort 1 INT, 33 INT yds, 1 TD

Defense Had: 4 INT's, 3 Sacks (none from Davis lol)

15. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Masler,

I don't know if it's me or what, but I always felt Jordan Thomas was an INT waiting to happen...I even kept this dynasty as an offline dynasty and he's still killing me when I play games with him at QB. I just don't like the guy...

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea I had like 11 INT's in 2 weeks. Crazy stuff...I started off 6-0 too.