Announcement 2013 Spring Training

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, May 30, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

briosu99
    Aagistar
    PepperNY
    ryalaman
    sonn
    Ken Welsch
    soxandgators
    Sharkman37
    JFace907
    Dan Heckelbeck
    CeeGee
    ZCar352
    Norezn
    Dylema
    Jeff Person
    Timpegoose
    KnightNoles
    Fiddy14
    JohnnyClutch
    NDCOLTS1979
    Darkwing
    ty5oke
    BigSmooth33
    Colemanchu
    recchem2000
    Nvschultz1325
    Gavin O'Brien
    abolishthefed

Ok guys Spring Training has begun. Just a couple of things to keep in mind.

• Every single player on your 40 man roster is called up for spring training. This means that at the end of spring training, the waiver wire is going to be chock full of good players. So please be smart about who you demote (and obviously who you put on the 40 man)
    • I have disabled suspensions.
    • Injuries are not disabled!! If you know who you want as a starter for the entire season, I would try not to get them much work. Maybe bury them 3rd on your depth chart or something.
    • This sim is a LONG sim, almost 30 days. So make sure you set good depth charts to prevent injuries.
    Next sim is Tomorrow night, exports due by 8 PM.

2. PAgamer07

Also, I will upload the reports so guys can get a look at rosters if they want to start their previews. Deadline to claim a team is opening day!

3. PAgamer07

Also.. preseason predictions are up in game :)

4. sonn

sonn Walk On

It says predictions won't be generated until the first day of spring training.

5. PAgamer07

I saw them in there so.. I dunno

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, they're not there for me either. Maybe it has something to do with you being commish.

7. PAgamer07

Fixed :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. sonn

sonn Walk On

9. PAgamer07

Umm... too late. Reports are uploading so I cant do squat. Ill be in bed by the time they are done.

10. sonn

sonn Walk On

You are no longer awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PAgamer07

I think the predictions were:

Boston
    Cleveland
    Texas
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    San Francisco

12. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

for you OOTP Baseball Vets, whats good Depth Chart wise in pre season? having actual starters say 3rd on depth chart and have it set to play say every 5th or 6th day? just to get them some work.. would be like 5 or 6 games!! is that enough action for the sim etc for them to get ready for the season? or would even say every 7th day work out well?

13. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Fiddy14 Well, I'm not an OOTP Vet, be heres what I did. :)

I have my starters listed as 1st in the Depth Chart still, however I have 2 players behind each of them. Those Players vary from playing every 3 days, and every 5 or 6 days depending on who it is.

For my players that have a bad injury history I have them getting subbed out quicker and not playing as much in the Spring.

For all my starting pitchers I put them on 50 pitch counts and I'm rolling with a 6 man rotation.

I'm not sure if all this will help, I'm sure I'll still get a few injuries.

--------------------

Also, Pagamer07 can you tell me if my export went through? I'm at work right now and I can't remember if I exported or not... I'm pretty sure I did.

• Like Like x 2
  14. sonn

sonn Walk On

I traded away pretty much all my best players yet I'm still predicted to be better then Baltimore.

15. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

Damn CeeGee, with your offseason, and this post... I'm STARTING to think you are STARTING to get it :) Good luck with your 600 team homeruns this year... should be fun for the rest of us... NOT :) (you are the Rangers GM, right?)

16. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

@dan heckelback

Yeah I'm the Rangers lol.

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

2 games better, my players are younger, and your farm system sucks. Advantage: Baltimore

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

LOL. Watch out for the Motor City Kitties. I just might surprise this year

19. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Texas with 4 of the top 10 hitters, Boston with 4 of top 10 pitchers. Jeff Karstens as a top 10 pitcher?

20. PAgamer07

Who signed Correia? Dude was awesome for me last year.

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

He's still a FA

22. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

I did a 50 pitch limit on my starters as well. Also, did the three deep lineup with everyone playing once every three days. We'll see how that goes

23. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i was thinking of doing the same.. with that said, does it hurt guys say (Santana) if i dont even use him in pre season? like does it effect his happiness or whatever?

24. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I'm still at a lost to why everyone is doing this? I thought OOTP managed the team like ST regardless.

25. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i thought it may do that, but then again, it goes by how you have your teams strategy's set, it follows the depth charts etc all the time as well.

so, with it being a 30 day sim, and not having 3 deep on depth chart, you risk the chance of over playing a player for no reason and them getting hurt. maybe some of us are going over board, but i just dont want to lose a starter for no reason. i lost enough of them throughout the whole season last year.

i just went through and updated everything a bit more LOL.

i have my pitchers set to a 6 man rotation (and on a pitch count), i then have a spot starter that will pitch every other 6th day (on a pitch count). i have Santana and Dickey both not even in rotation. i hope they dont get pissed!! LOL.. i also have my closer and set up man on a low pitch count (15 to 20).

i then have the players depth chart for facing LHP and RHP set 3 players deep. 2nd player on depth chart set to play every 2nd day, and the 3rd guy set to play every 3rd day. so that basically means each player on the depth chart will play a game and should have the next two games off (unless they pinch hit etc).

thats how it works from my understanding, so i figure with everything set like that i wont have that much of a risk getting someone hurt during the pre season games. although, now that i say that i'll probably lose 3 guys for the season with torn ACL's within the first week of the pre season sim. ha!!