2013 STL Cardinals

Discussion in 'Team News' started by Darkwing, May 30, 2012.

1. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Stan Musial.jpg
    Stan "The Man" takes over STL
    2012 Brought a NL Central championship to the Redbirds with a 96-66 overall record. But new management will bring interesting times. So grab a Budweiser and let's start this party.
    *Took immediate note of my outfield (dis)position. Does providing for Medicare and AARP membership fees factor into our team payroll :( lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darkwing

[​IMG]
    May:
    The calendar has hit May and here's a look in on all the team's happenings from April.
    • Team Record is 13-12. 3rd in the NL Central
    • Total Attendance is 2nd in MLB at 45,269 per game.
    • Pitching has done its job while the hitting has struggled
    • Rookie 2B Kolten Wong got called up and the starting nod this season. He was named NL Rookie of the Month posting .341 AVG, .920 OPS, 2 HR, 10 RBI
    • Lance Berkman got his 2,000th hit
    • Miami swapped big time prospects with the Redbirds. Details
    • Toronto came to an agreement in which both teams shored up positions of need. Details
    • New manager Stan went insane and placed many good prospects on waivers. Losing 3B Cox, SP McClellan, MR Whiting, 1B Hamilton, CF Chambers, and SS Jackson. Now he plays the Eminem song named after him while making decisions
    • Signed to minor league contracts were: LF Juan Pierre, LF Jonny Gomes, C Chris Stewart, SP Kevin Hart, 2B Jarrett Hoffpauir, and SS Fidel Hernandez
    • LF Bobby Abreu was signed to a 1-year MLB deal
    Screen Shot 2012-06-07 at 5.30.03 PM.png

June:
    The heat of the summer is bearing down as we roll into June. Also bearing down is the competition in the league's hottest starting division, the NL Central.
    • Team Record is 37-26. 3rd in the NL Central
    • Total Attendance is 1st in the majors at 44,814 per game!
    • Pitching struggled this past week but they are still the best in the NL and the hitting has picked up. Now in the top half of the league.
    • The team saw its first players go to the DL on the season. C Yadier Molina missed almost the entire month with a fractured thumb and now CF Jon Jay has been put on the 60-day list with a partially torn labrum :(
    • No trades to announce
    • SP Adam Wainwright earned the Top Pitcher of the Month honors in the NL. Going 4-1 in 7 starts (51.1 innings) with a 1.75 ERA and K-ing 38 batters.
    • The club won all 6 series (including a sweep of Seattle) and split the two 4-game series with the division leading Reds.
    Screen Shot 2012-06-17 at 7.42.16 PM.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Love this format. Im stealing it!

4. Darkwing

:cool:

5. Darkwing

*June added

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darkwing

Man I really need to pay more attention to my minor league organization. I was just looking at players for next season and contract extensions and such when I came across a question.

In my June trade with the Blue Jays, I received SS Tony Wolters. When I received him I'm sure I put him on my AA squad. He was nowhere to be found and now I see he never even played a game in my organization. What did I miss/do wrong PAgamer07 ryalaman

Also, BigSmooth33 how did you go about picking him up?

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I believe as a free agent... I've had him for a long time...

8. Darkwing

Well WTF :(

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Did he time out on DFA?

10. Darkwing

I believed he had 2 option years left. He still does at this moment.

Sorry for not noticing this earlier but to my recollection I placed him on AA for the season, didn't check up as I knew he needed the development time.