2013 TCCT Improvement thread and suggestion dropbox

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Hello everyone,
    the time is upon us to start organizing and building up on what we had in 2012.Use this thread to give us a feedback for what we did last season and what would you like to see in the upcoming version of the tour.

The one thing that will be different this year will be the way matchplay is organized.Instead of including everyone in the brackets,we'll actually have sign up threads.This way we will avoid chasing around the few people,who actually didn't visit our forums frequently.The matchplay tournament also won't have a designated week and will be run at the same time as the regular schedule,to avoid stale time for the players who have been eliminated.

I've tagged everyone who has participate in the tour at some point last year.If you have no plans on purchasing the game,I apologize for the tag.

ivunphstu
    Ripper
    PitVipers
    Racer_X_22
    weztuck
    rktkt4
    spmono
    2nd2none
    BlyGilmore
    bprough
    Cgreen214
    Cheez
    Danthraxxx
    Detredwings32
    houdiniHUSKER
    jmarks2001
    Keller
    MantisPower
    Merk12521
    niuhuskie224
    Noles1724
    ren6175
    RynoAid
    Selvy9
    Shaun Mason
    SkinniePost
    StormJr
    uncleho
    Wvgolfer81
    Altern8
    boil16

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vlad

Featured Threads:
  3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I enjoy playing Tiger, but playing it and seeing guys shoot -60 for a tournament basically makes me not want to play ever again.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I've been trying to find a solution for this for 3 years now.The biggest problem is if we change the difficulty to a point where the winners are around let's say -30,
    the game become impossibly hard for majority of the players and they give up.

You have any ideas?

6. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

i agree... we need leagues set up by player skills... a league for guys who average above -12 a round and guys who average below -12 a round.

• Like Like x 1
  7. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

not leagues country clubs i guess

• Like Like x 1
  8. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Really like this idea.. Have two or three different leagues maybe depending on size so everyone has a chance.. Obviously this will be difficult if interest in low...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah the lack of parody was bad, I know we tried to create a handicap system but knowing you literally have no shot to win anything unless you are one of two guys is not fun.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    handicaps not good enough?

11. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Even with the handicaps only like 2-3 people won the tournaments last year.. I was always under par so I had no handicap but knew I zero chance of getting a win.. some guys are really good at this game.

12. Vlad

Featured Threads:

7 different winners in 13 tournaments played. skinniepost the only multiple winner
    on the pro-ams 8 winners in 8 tournaments. 2 of them Dub-ya and altern8 had some of the lowest handicaps on tour.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I would rather have it extremely difficult and realistic than arcade-like and easy. I don't mind shooting 18 over if that is what my talent dictates. It completely ruins the immersion for me (and many on a website built around realism) otherwise.

If you'll recall, that was my entire argument over "meter on or off" last year.:)

14. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    So how many country clubs should we have? 2,3,5,12 or more?

I agree.But also keep in mind,last year it was the first time EA actually made steps towards a sim game.
    This year will be a different story.No zoom target,advanced swings,green grids w/o beads and advance swing (you'll have to swing diagonally in some extend) will
    really provide us with challenging game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I don't mind the challenge of a tougher level if that what it takes to lower some of the scores we saw last season. I had some good rounds and alot of bad rounds, but that came with the level of the controls, which by near the end of the season was getting used too. if people leave cause their not shooting -60 in a tournament, they don't need to be in the Club. Plenty of other tourneys out there on XBL or PSN to shoot -60.

16. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I didn't mind guys shooting -10 to -15 per round last year. As long as I was seeing improvement in my game, that was the fun part for me. Having that kind of a benchmark for me to shoot for made it that much more interesting.

I just hope that if I go out and buy the game that we will run for multiple seasons. Even though I am in a couple football leagues, I can find an hour to play a round and get my games in.

17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

the harder the better imo

I'm with Shaun - the less -60's I see, the better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Agreed. I know some guys will be better than me and that is fine. But make it hard and we can change as we go.

As far as country clubs, I would be ok with guys that shoot X average in one, and everyone else in another.

19. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I am sorry,but there will be no divisions of country clubs based on skill levels. One one hand this will create a logistics nightmare. It'll also always be my believe TW Tour is only fun with as many participant possible.
    But most important Our players represent such of diverse group,that unless we split up into groups of 4-5 separating into skill levels will always benefit only a few people that happen to be right around this arbitrary line.
    If any of you would like to give me a number where this split should be Ill show you an example of what happens.

This year we'll try to set the games to resemble as close to sim golf as possible.
    This year the game should have much improved social aspect.Players will be able to play and communicate with each other at the same time (although represented by tracers)
    We will once again have handicap system.

If those are not enough to have fun,ill take my chances loosing someone,because not winning will make them quit!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

whateveru guys decide to do i am in, when is the new tiger woods even coming out?

21. Vlad

Featured Threads:

22. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

Vlad , when sign up sheet going be up to sign up for tour ???

23. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Middle of march

24. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I agree.

It was crazy enough to try and keep up with all the different CC last year and combining them into one board.

25. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

awesome ill have it the day its out, so im def in