2013 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 10, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

DBAD. Take the time to post a little something now that you're the new head honcho at one of the schools you wanted to coach at most.

What changes does you program need?
    What offensive and defensive style will you implement?
    What are your goals for your first season?
    Who are you most excited to play, who are potential rivals?
    Anything else?

2. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Extremely excited to be taking over at the University of Oklahoma. Year one will be interesting with alot of story lines in our program. According to ratings Blake Bell appears poised to be the starting QB and an absolute monster but as in real life I will be starting Trevor Knight (who won my heart with his performance against Bama). We will also be running the 3-3-5 the Sooners ran before Corey Nelsons season ending injury when they switched to a 3-4. Offensively I will run a pro style offense with North Texas playbook. My only goal for the first season just like any other is to beat Texas, anything else is just a bonus. Hopefully we can make some noise in the Big XII and contend for the league crown.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Real happy to be taking over at Texas A&M. Obviously Manziel will be the focal point of the offense, and we will go as far as he takes us this season.

1) The most glaring need we have is strength along the defensive line, and size in the secondary. We will be recruiting size and strength up front on defense, and big, physical corners and safetys. The offense will look the same as in the past two seasons at aTm, with a few more power formations sprinkled in.

2) As stated above, the offense will look as expected. Wide open and care free. Defensively we will move to a 3-4 and emphasize physicality. It may not show in year one, but as time goes on things will change.

3) The overall goal is to compete on a weekly basis in the loaded SEC. If we can do that the rest will take care of itself.

4) We look forward to playing all the SEC guys, it's the best conference is college football. I could see a rivalry with Bama happening....if we can actually win a game against em.

• Like Like x 2
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'll do something special for this tonight after my class (around 9ish)

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Taking over at Navy. Looking at my boys they're not really skilled to be hanging with the cream of the crop. Our secondary and defense as a whole needs a huge overhaul. We are looking to winning 7 games, any more than that is a huge plus for our program. Our offensive line needs a big change as we need more athletic linemen, people that are able to get to the next level. Even with me as the head coach we are sticking to their tradition and running the fleXbox One offense. We look to Sophomore Keenan Reynolds to carry the team.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I decided to take the Arkansas Razorbacks. They are my favorite team so it was a no brainier.

1. The biggest change we need is winning. We need to have winning season and make a bowl game.

2. I use a balanced/Pro Style system on offense. I'm not sure if I will just use the Arkansas playbook, anther schools, or a custom one(if they are allowed). On defense I'll use a 4-3

3. I want to win the SEC of course but, make a bowl game and getting 9 or 10 wins are a goal too.

4. I'm not too familiar with the guys in my conference but, I'm looking forward to playing all of them.

I am looking forward to taking over at Arkansas. I plan on getting us back to the 2009-2011 Razorbacks and far away from this most recent disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Alabama Looks for 3-Peat
    Tuscaloosa, AL- For a program as steeped in tradition as the Alabama Crimson Tide, it's strange for so much of it to be reduced to a string of one word statements. "The Strip," "The Block," "The Stand," "The Process," "The Catch." Alabama isn't the winningest program of all-time, nor is it the most glamourous. There is a workmanlike precision to their excellence, team over individual, defense over offense, hard work over talent. And each successive generation of players strives to surpass the standard set by the generation that came before them.

After Gene Stallings led the Crimson Tide to a National Title in 1992 the Crimson Tide fell into a pattern of laziness. The once proud program descended to the level of their cross state rivals the Auburn Tigers, and had to pay high profile players to attend. A string of violations led the program to the brink of the Death Penalty, and the program wandered the wilderness until Nick Saban left the Miami Dolphins to resurrect the best program in college football.

With Saban's departure for the CFL's Saskatchewan Rough Riders a new coach has been brought in to maintain the level of excellence he reintroduced. Coach Stewart has been an assistant under Saban for the last few seasons, and has learned "The Process." He knows the in's and out's of the program, he knows how the recruiting process works, and he has been given the chance to prove he knows how to coach.

Stewart's philosophy differs some from Coach Saban's. "Eventually I want to run the 335, Joe Kines ran it here for a season or two, and I think the speed we could put on the field would be tough for offenses to counteract. If we bring in the right safeties we won't lose any ferocity from the 34, and I like the versatility the defense offers."

Offensively the Crimson Tide look like they will make an immediate move to the spread offense. "I am a spread disciple. Despite where he coaches now I like what Gus has done and I think the explosiveness coupled with the ability to grind out wins is something not every offense offers. AJ isn't the prototypical QB for the offense, but he has the athleticism to do well."

[​IMG] AJ McCarron will be leading the offense again, the redshirt senior has come a long way from backing up Greg McElroy and fighting Star Jackson and Philip Sims for the QB1 job as a skinny redshirt freshman. He could go down as the most loved and successful Alabama QB with a 3rd title in 4 seasons, and is on the verge of rewriting the Alabama record book. He will have to learn a new offense for the first time in his career, but his knowledge and acumen should make it a quick adjustment. If he does get injured backup Blake Sims will step into the leading role. Sims is a true dual threat QB, and figres to be in very good position to take over the reins as starter next season.

For McCarron to be succesful the running backs TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake will have to lead the rushing attack. Yeldon is a former :5stars: recruit and has the ability to shoulder the load while Drake looks like the homerun threat. And don't forget about FB and former running back Jalston Fowler he can be a punishing runner and should be a threat in the passing game as well.

Defensively the Tide will stick to the 34 alignment this season, and most likely next season as well. The LB corps has a chance to be a dominant unit led by Adrian Hubbard, Xzavier Dickson, CJ Mosley, and Trey DePriest. The defense doesn't look like they will be losing a lot next season there are only 4 senior starters, but the possibility of early entrants could be scary for Tide fans.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

The University of Virginia has lost its former standing as a competitor in the ACC and the hiring of new coach Austin Powers can perhaps add some excitement to a program that truly needs it. The talent of the roster was limited, but the real problem was the mindset of the previous staff, says Powers, “We need to change the identity of the program. We have talented young men, and if they buy in and believe they can compete in the ACC then they will.” Powers brings a defensive plan with the 3-3-5 alignment. “It all starts with defense and my guys will be well-prepared for the opponent and will play hard. The rest will follow”. He also runs a fast-paced run-oriented spread attack to UVA that will center on a 3 WR 1 TE set developed from the Gus Malzahn Auburn option look. Powers: “In order to compete with the highly-touted recruiting classes that will be brought in by FSU and Notre Dame, we need to find ways to outnumber them by play design, and nothing does that quite like the option.” When asked what his goals were this season, Powers stated a target of 8 wins this year, and increasing that target every year to compete for an ACC title by year 3. This year’s schedule is highlighted by a conference-opener against FSU on September 14 and the season-closing rivalry game against VT. “Of course I think we can win both games. I think competing against the preseason #1 early in the season will send a message to the nation and to future recruits that UVA is here to become a national power”, said Powers on the schedule. A promising future lies ahead for UVA, hopefully the new excitement will bring in recruiting improvements and this new staff lives up to expectations.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I took the Florida State Seminoles.

The Seminoles will run the Michigan multiple offense and their defense will run the 4-3 multiple look.

Offense: The offense will be led by AA candidate RS FR QB Jameis Winston. The HBs will be a 3 headed monster led by Devonte Freeman, James Wilder and Karlos Williams. The WRs are solid, if not spectacular, led by Rashad Greene and Kelvin Benjamin, along with Shaw and C. Green as well as TE Nick O'Leary remains a great red zone target. The OL is led by AA candidate LT Cameron Erving and is solid along the entire line.

Defense: The DL will be led by one of my fav players in DE Mario Edwards and Eddie Goldman. On the interior, Timmy Jernigan will lead the DTs but most will get alot of playing time. The LB corp will be led by Butkis candidate Christian Jones and Telvin Smith. The MLB will be Terrance Smith. The secondary will be led by CB Lemarcus Joyner and FS Terrance Brooks. The secondary is very young but has some talent.

ST: The Seminoles will have a talented duo pf RS FR kickers in Rob Aguayo and Cason Beatty. Both have strong accurate legs. The return teams are led with pure speed: Karlos Williams, Ron Darby, Lemarcus Joyner, and Levonte Whitfield have plenty of speed to burn.

Outlook: The Seminoles bost alot of talent but will their lack of experience cost them this season? I think it will cost them at least 2 games and the addition of Notre Dame and Navy further strengthens the ACC into a powerful conference.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG]

I'll be taking over the Baylor Bears. I honestly don't know much about the team or the program besides that they have cool jerseys (which was the main reason I chose them) and RG3 used to play there.

What changes does you program need?

From looking through the roster there are some gems, but we need to add depth . Specifically looking to build the team from the lines and back, but not too many solid offensive lineman interested in us early on. We also need to add some more physicality so I can get away from the spread and into my more comfortable pro offense. Bigger lineman and length at wide receiver specifically. On defense its all about depth as well. We need to add playmakers to that side of the ball.

What offensive and defensive style will you implement?

We're gonna roll with the Baylor spread this season and leaning towards the 3-4 with an eventual move to 335 once we get better DBs.

What are your goals for your first season?

To win one in conference user game and hope for the best. Haven't really "played" NCAA in a few months.

Who are you most excited to play, who are potential rivals?

Most excited to play Mike E and his TAMU team in week 2. Potential rivals? Not sure. I would assume one of the big 12 guys, but I think we are all going to be too busy chasing MaxATX34 and his Texas squad.

• Like Like x 4
  11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]
    Texas Longhorns
    Austin, TX -- Texas fans are famously short-tempered and have ridiculous expectations for the Longhorns football team. That statement was never more true than this weekend when new head coach Charlie Strong was fired before spring practice began. He was ran off by the ungrateful, spoiled fanbase of Texas because he couldnt engineer a top 5 recruiting class in 2 weeks. Even though Mack Brown had already used up most of the valuable coaches visits and told all the recruits to look around once he was fired... Charlie Strong still managed to catch all the blame and get fired, thanks mainly to a 24/7 hit-job by ESPN and the LHN. Coach Max has taken the helm and he better win immediately or end up with an early retirement and an annoying twitter habit.

Offense: Texas

Defense: 4-3

The team is solid with no real needs at any position right now. The new coaching staff will focus on recruiting difference makers along the line of scrimmage, and look to pick up weapons and skill position players to compliment those big nasties.

RB J. Gray and WR Mike Davis look to have big years on offense, while MLB Dalton Santos and DE Jackson Jeffcoat are poised for breakout seasons on D.

The Red River Shootout will be huge as always, and Baylor is a tough highly-ranked team. Kansas might be a bit behind, but there are no weekends off in the Big12. Every team is capable of winning or getting beat any given Saturday and Texas will have to stay focused and play well to reclaim their spot atop the Big12.

• Like Like x 3
  12. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Was going to like this preview but then realized it was about Texas :). Lol for real though look forward to a great rivalry with you man, cant wait to bring the team to the cottonbowl with the crowd split fifty fifty!

• Like Like x 1
  13. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

After being undressed on national television 14-42 to Alabama Notre Dame's luck continued to leave a lot to be left desired. Head Coach Brian Kelly decided to leave the Irish for the Detroit Lions in the NFL ranks. The move made a lot of sense considering his Michigan roots during his stay at Grand Valley State, but ND Nation was reeling after a historic loss on the biggest of stages. Losing the first coach to get them back to the big dance for the first time since 1988 did not help the fanbase feel any better either.

ND Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick made an intriguing hire by selecting Coach IrishBearcat to lead the program going forward. The hire has received mixed reviews, with many scrutinizing the administration for not selecting an elite head coach. One this is for sure: winning on the field fixes everything, and that'll be crucial for the new head man especially in his first season.

Coach IrishBearcat is expected to bring a multiple offense and a 4-3 defense to campus this coming fall. "When Notre Dame has been most successful they've played tremendous defense and ran the football effectively," stressed the new coach, "we're going to revive the smash-mouth running style that is responsible for several of the championships Notre Dame has earned historically." Coming from the Harbaugh coaching-tree, look for I-formation become a factor for the first time in over a decade.

One of the biggest questions that had to be answered by the new regime was how Everett Golson's academic situation would be handled. "Golson has sat out the entire spring and all of fall camp," the head coach said, "as far as I'm concerned Everett will be one mistake away from permanently being dismissed from this university, but he will be back for week one." The situation is peculiar as Golson hasn't taken a single snap for the Fighting Irish since the National Championship game, no even in a practice session. It's widely expected Golson is current behind Tommy Rees, but once he is caught up to speed he should earn his starting spot back. It will be interesting to follow.

After a week one bye Notre Dame will travel on the road to face the #5 ranked Stanford Cardinal. Look for Rees to start, but if the Irish find themselves in a hole they could turn to Golson. The new 4-3 defense will be interesting to watch with projected NFL first-rounders DT Louis Nix III and DE Stephon Tuitt learning slightly new positions after leading one of the best Irish defenses in the university's history.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Excited because you know you have an easy win? You should be...LOTS of rust....

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

[​IMG]

The 2013-2014 Georgia Bulldogs will lean heavily on Senior QB Aaron Murray. He has NFL potential and this being his senior year big things are expected of him this season. He has great weapons all around him.

[​IMG]

And how can you not cheer for a guy who has this to go home too?

[​IMG]

Sophmore RB Todd Gurley II is just a beast and with this one two punch our O should be good with potential for a top ten year.

[​IMG]

Top WR Junior WR Malcom Mitchell is a very solid WR with good speed and hands and provides a target for Murray.

[​IMG]

The Oline is just okay but they have potential to grind it out.

The Dline is pretty solid and is led by Senior DE Garrison Smith.

[​IMG]

The secondary is very young with 3 freshman Cbs expected to play and 3 true freshman at FS...Senior SS Connor Norman will be relied upon to keep them lined up right.

[​IMG]

We would like to make the SEC championship game and reach a BCS bowl game.

• Like Like x 2