2013 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Steamer43, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I''m still trying to figure out what to do with my team. I have ridiculous weapons for my offense but have no one to get them the ball. I have a 67 ovr QB that I'm expecting to start which is by far the worst in the conference. But my 4 star ATH RB is crazy fast and shifty, plus my 5 star WR and my 3 star juco WR are beasts and I return my #1&2 WR's from last year that will be 3&4 now. I'm thinking about spreading out the offense this year as I don't have the QB or power RB that I'd like to have to run my pro offense. I start 9 seniors on defense... I don't have too many worries about my defense this year. Almost everyone returned included the back-ups, with a few new recruits thrown in. IDK what to expect record-wise. If I get my offense going MTSU could be dangerous. But I can also see my offense having an identity crisis plus the lack of a good QB resulting in my record taking a tailspin.

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

This feels like the most any of my teams have ever gotten better in one season.

Where we got better (sans progression (everyone has progression so it isn't news) this is just the personnel changes):

QB-surprisingly, after losing an all-conference type of talent in Spencer Keith. The addition of 3 quality signal callers (as well as 3 walk ons) helped. Robert Peterson, the 4*, comes in with 90 throwing power and is already slightly better than Keith was last year so we shouldn't miss anything. Problem is, the game is recognizing him as a transfer. If I can't get him on the field, it'll be one of the other capable freshmen, and the 'QB' category will drop down to neutral/worse.

RB-added a nice, speedy back, Davis, to come in and split time with McKinney when Dri Archer gets hurt. Last year when Archer went down, I was hurting for speed in a bad way.

TE-added 2 freshmen. One is balanced and the other, Cain, had D/61 rated hands but is fast, like really fast. 83 speed but it feels faster on the field. But still, 61 hands. Well, he's catching everything I throw at him in practice so he'll unseat the starter (who tends to get raped in the run game). I can't tell you how many times I've almost not recruited a speed guy and had him come in and play lights out. dumb.

OL-added a 4* T to go with the one I brought in last year. The interior isn't great, though. I'm keeping the new guy's position T but he'll probably shore up the G position his first year.

LB-4* Sherman=BAMF. Sherman coming off the same edge as 88 ovr DE Nix=your ass. I'm just glad the cpu didn't recognize Sherman as a transfer, too.

CB-I'm really excited about what 6' A speed juco Adam Gross brings to the table in nickel and dime sets. I thought about redshirting him but, hey, you gotta win now, and he'll get his opportunities. I only practiced for a bit but he already got a pick6 off me.

S-wow. Added 2 4* FSs. Lester will take the open FS job. After being promised the FS job, long time North Carolina commit Curt Russ will back up both S positions, take turns in nickel sets with CB Gross (Russ will be the pass rusher of the two with his 90 speed/98 acceleration/86 tackle) and most likely take over the SS job next year.

Ret-added several players with speed who can handle kickoff duties better than the no-name 3rd string SS I had doing it last year. Also, I can roll Dri Archer out there since I won't lose that much playing Davis in his stead.

Where we got worse:

Nowhere hater. Maybe DT. We lost one of the three-deep and another is redshirting but we return the #1 DT to a 3-4/multiple scheme.

Predictions:
    12-2, Conference Champions

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

After taking over this team one season in, things have really changed in New Mexico. 20 of the starters (included 6 deep WRs and 2 TEs) were not on the team in 2011. It's an incredible turnabout of players. This is a school that won a combine 2 games in 2009 and 2011, now having won 8 games in te past 2 seasons.

In his true freshman season, Marcus Bishop threw for a nice 2065 yards in his limited starts. The number is good enough to put him 4t on the schools career stat leaders since 1970. in true freshman LaDarrius Thompson's true freshman season, he put up 515 yards and just 2 TDs in a full time starter role. He should be able to easily surpass those numbers in a more run heavy offense this year. That being said, it will be a run heavy offense. this offensive line is the veteran focal point of the team with 3 seniors and 2 juniors. The team has decided to redhirt Bishop and redshirt sophomore Dustin Walton will be handed the reins. There will be a lot of dual TE sets with the dynamit duo of Chad Green and Phil Brothers and we will play to our strengths. Hopefully to limit turnovers and we feel like we have a solid chance at victory.

The defense has made the transition to a 3-4 and couldnt be more excited. New defensive coordinate Jermaine Cole has had years of success running the 3-4 as an assistant at Virginia Tech and Texas Tech and believes he has the tools to bring the success to NM. It all starts in the middle with Calvin Smith and big AJ Brooks rotating in the nose tackle position. It will free up a lot of plays for the linebackers. And the linebackers are exciting. Lead by the JUCO trio of Allen McKinnie, Xavier Tate, and Dalton Alexander. DA won over the team in camp and is considered by many as the best player on this roster. He is so athletic that it leaves the option of leaving him on the field on passing situations to cover many WRs and all TEs. JUCO corner Corey Sherman immediately steps in as the best player in the secondary with SS Shawn Dangerfield transitioning from starting safety to the #2 corner, making room for Juco Taylor Schlopy and redshirt freshman Carlos Horne to start at the safeties. Both are great in the cover 2 deep safety playcalling, which will be run a lot with the upgrade at corners.

and the player we are most excited about is Fransisco Enea... a kicker. a true freshman with a massive leg. combine with senior punter Ben Skaer, this special teams will be a huge upgrade over last year and will be able to score a lot more points.

we are still very young but very talented for New Mexico standards. no player will be the focus and we think we can surprise attack the conference this season

4. DirtycashDylan

:confused: Let's get more than a 1/3 of the league participating.

5. DirtycashDylan

nevermind...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

To be honest, I could write the same preview for my team each year because I seem to be under the ire of EA Sports in terms of luck when it comes to NCAA:

-CPU games - Either will be a game where I'm overly matched or will be a game that the CPU will magically find a way to pull it out. Then after the season is no longer in doubt, the game will let me have a game at the end of the year because it feels pity.

-Conference Games -> Will get two breaks a season and only two. These two breaks will come in the same game. NCAA will tease me long enough in a user game and then will magically take it away when it fears that I might have more than a 51% chance of winning the game. I have a 50-50 chance of putting a small scare in anyone not the commissioner or Nikpin because the game knows better than to give me a chance against those two. Also one conference game a year, one lucky opponent will get every imaginable break and I will have horrendous luck causing me to throw my XBOX Controller across the room at least once.

Plus, the games that I do manage to win, at least every other will have some sort of extra circumstance that puts the result in question. (aka: power outages, internet disconnects, injuries due to improper sexual positions, etc..)

Season Record: Anywhere from 0 wins to 5 wins(in a miracle year)

The personnel are just interchangeable players with different names. I swear you could give me the #1 team in the country and this pattern would be the same.

Oh well, at least I have my health and things in RL Football have been a lot better as well. I'm still having fun being the lovable loser. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Things stayed about even this year. Shored up some things on defense.

QB- Dustin Luke's Sr year should be a memorable one. Watch out. Was also able to add a 3* QB Eddie Payne who sports a respectable 84 THP 81 THA who is redshirting this year and has a chance to step in next year if the Aggies don't sign an elite QB (which it is looking like they wont).

HB- As hard as it is to replace the two punch combo the Aggies lost last year at HB Coach Hammons is excited about his 73 OVR 4* HB he signed last year Eddie Brown.

On D the Aggies added young bodies at several positions but their biggest improvements had to be in the linebacking corps. Juco OLB Alex Hunter moved over to MLB where he will finish out his two years at 77 OVR with 84 SPD. 4* Freshmen OLB Phil Shaffer came in at 76 OVR with 80 STR (making him the strongest non lineman player on the team) which we are also excited about.

Have a lot of holes to fill this year on the recruiting trail though. The Aggies have done an excellent job the last few years building a good solid roster, but lack playmakers after this season lets out in a few positions.

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Are those this seasons previews at the top or did DC bump an old thread?

9. DirtycashDylan

Old. I was gonna start a new one for this year but remembered no one did it last year, so I bumped this thread to bust balls, then decided to edit and not bust balls.

10. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

My team's looking okay but we do have some weaknesses. Dime defenses kill me. I can't run at all on them. And so does man to man. Pretty much any corner in the conference shuts down McKnight in single coverage. And if you want to gash me on defense, I can't stop the read option at all. Also I seem to have lots of trouble with the called qb draw play.