2013 Texas Rangers Review

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by BigSmooth33, Jun 1, 2012.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]
    GM Chris Galligan, aka CeeGee, had a busy offseason attempting to stack the cards in the Rangers favor for the AL West and AL Pennant. ​
    The Texas Rangers made major trades to add to an already potent offfense. Miguel Cabrera was traded to Texas to make for a lineup that can literally knock one out of the park on any at bat. ​
    Projected lineup: ​
    1. Elvis Andrus - SS - Brings some contact and speed to the lineup
    2. Ian Kinsler - 2B - Solid mix of gap power with speed
    3. Josh Hamilton - CF - This is where things start to get out of hand...
    4. Miguel Cabrera - 1B
    5. Jose Bautista - LF
    6. Nelson R. Cruz - RF
    7. Adrian Beltre - 3B
    8. Michael Young - DH
    9. Allan de San Miguel - C
    What an incredible offensive lineup. From an outsider's perspective, the only weak point in the lineup is maybe at the 8-9 spots, but who doesn't have holes there. If the rookie catcher can live up to his potential quickly, the Rangers could roll in the AL West. The only other thing to note is that despite their offensive prowess, this lineup could have a tough time with some of the top tier right handed pitchers in the majors, as there really isn't another lefty bat to fear anywhere on the roster other than Hamilton... As if Hamilton isn't enough to fear itself.
    Defense could be a problem, but the pitching staff also received some major tools to upgrade an already stout starting rotation.
    Projected rotation:
    1. RH Roy Halladay
    2. RH Yu Darvish
    3. LH Derek Holland
    4. RH Neftali Feliz
    5. LH Matt Harrison
    6. RH Michael Kirkman
    With this rotation feeding to Alexi Ogando, Yoshinari Tateyama, then closing with Joe Nathan, the bullpen should be good to go by the 7th inning. The key will be to keep these arms fresh and ready for the long season. ​
    It will be interesting to see how things pan out in Texas. This prognosticator predicts an easy AL West title and serious contention for the AL and World Series titles. ​
    After this season, GM Galligan will have some serious decisions to make, because 2B Ian Kinsler and RF Nelson Cruz are among the major keys that the Rangers will need to hope to retain.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Geez. Now that I see this team on paper if they don't win the World Series, Chris needs fired. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

BigSmooth33

Nice writeup (y)

I'm hoping my Catcher can draw a ton of walks and just get on base for the rest of the guys behind him... He has a 9 "eye" rating and he drew 152 walks last year in only 407 at bats in the minors for an OBP of around .450... I don't expect him to hit very well, but if he can at least get on base the rest of the guys should be able to knock him in.

Pagamer07

I agree, baring injuries, if I don't make the Playoffs with this Roster I need to be fired lol.