2013 - TWIT - Week 9

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

2013 - TWIT - Week 9

The 1st BCS poll is out Tennessee is #1......big shock eh?....North Carolina is #2.... One of the unbeatens will fall this week Tennessee or Alabama....you make the call..."Tiger Bowl" this week always a great game...also, Clemson is back in the ring against Georgia Tech....whooooa good week of football!!!

COACHES'
    Column 1
    RANK LW NAME/VOTES WINS LOSSES
    1 1 Tennessee (41) 7 0 Had to be some "Super Simming" going on in this one…Tennessee 34 Notre Dame 13
    2 2 Alabama (20) 7 0 Richardson had a subpar game but the rest of the Tide showd up to down Ole Miss 70-28
    3 3 North Carolina 6 0 As the media darling they show up #2 in their poll. The Tarheels also sit at #2 in the 1st BCS poll out this week.
    4 4 Georgia Tech 8 0 Even with Smith slowed the Yellowjackets man handle a Juggsless Miami team 55-16.
    5 5 Oklahoma 6 0
    6 6 Michigan 5 1
    7 7 Penn State 5 1
    8 8 LSU 7 1 Rynoaid said he meant everyone of the 76 points LSU put up on South Carolina.
    9 9 Auburn 5 1 Barnes rushes for 200+ and backup Aycock eclipses the 100 yard mark at the Tigers rough up Miss St.
    10 11 Florida State 6 1 Down 21-14 at half….Florida State outscores Bruins 49-14 for the 63-35 win. Secord 480 yards passing and 8 TD's.
    11 10 Clemson 6 2 Great defense and a solid running attack propel Clemson over Blue Devils 49-7
    12 12 Virginia Tech 5 2 Exum throws for 362 yards and "The Peak" rushes for 140 in blowout 66-28 over the Terps.
    13 13 Georgia 5 2 Halts 2 game losing streak with big win over Kentucky 70-31. Scales throws for 422 yards and 7 TD's.
    14 15 Wisconsin 6 2
    15 16 Florida 6 2 Arkansas was no match for the Gators 675 yards total offense.
    16 17 Texas 7 1
    17 18 Iowa 4 2
    18 19 Cal 4 1
    19 21 Troy 6 0 Keep your eye on this school….could make a 1 loss team very unhappy at the end of the year.
    20 14 UCLA 4 2
    21 22 Louisville 6 1
    22 23 Arizona State 5 1
    23 24 USC 4 2
    24 25 Oklahoma St. 6 1
    25 N/R Michigan St. 6 1
    UR UR Miami 3 5 Snow keeps coach Juggs from the game…free fall continues in Miami.

Big User Games

#1 Tennessee 7-0 (4-0) @ #2 Alabama 7-0 (4-0)

[​IMG][​IMG]

The "Third Saturday in October" is upon us and this game looks a lot like last years #1 vs #2 Matchup. Tennessee is ready to atone for its only loss in two seasons at home to Alabama last season. The cast for Tennessee has changed little from last years matchup. Gone is the "X Man" insert 'Sweet' Fred Alexander at QB. Alexander is no stranger to the spot light of this game he lead the Vol's to an improbable win in Tuscaloosa 2 seasons ago as Tennessee made there way to there 1st national championship. The Vol's will be able to call on HB Bryce Brown this year, he was sidelined for the meeting last season. The combination of Brown and the team speed of Tennessee can be overwhelming. Bottom line Tennessee is a very dangerous team.

Alabama is breaking in its 3rd QB in 5 seasons but Aaron McCarron has big wins over Clemson and Georgia this season and has proven he can run the Bama offense. HB Trent Richardson is on the blistering pace he was last season but is every bit the back Brown is. Alabama's offense overall is not as dangerous as Tennessee's. Look for the defense to carry the load at some point in the game. Last year's 100 yard interception return for a TD by the Tide was the difference maker. These teams are dead locked at 2 wins a piece in the series. Schedule time to catch this game you wont to miss it.

TV:??? No game time scheduled yet.

#11 Clemson 6-2 (5-1) @ #4 Georgia Tech 8-0 (6-0)

[​IMG][​IMG]

This game has payback written all over it. Last year Georgia Tech seemed to be a lock for the national title game but looked past a hungry Clemson team. The Clemson victory has to be one of the all time great upsets in Tradition history. Clemson has struggled to find harmony with their new offensive coordinator and the talk is he is gone after this season. What the Tigers do well though is put together good defensive game plans. They will need to pull another rabbit out of the hat to stop Georgia Tech and stay alive in the ACC.

Georgia Tech had this game circled at the start of the season and it here now. They are ready and rabid. Will they be to intense? The Yellow Jackets will look to slow the Clemson run game and force them to pass into that scary Tech secondary. If they get out in front don't look for them to slow down pay back is a ......

#9 Auburn 5-1 (3-1) @ #8 LSU #8 7-1 (3-1)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Besides games I play in, this is my favorite rivalry in Tradition. Always something crazy going on in this one. This game will be high scoring, it will have quick strike scores, and a high degree of "cheese". Sheppard vs Rollison both these guys can scramble, run the option, and kill you outside the pocket with nice passing. LSU comes into this one relevant. The Tigers are on a roll and are eyeing their first SEC West Title. LSU has home field advantage, lots to prove, and knows they can beat Auburn having done it in 2009 and 2010. One thing concerns me....This might be the biggest game in LSU history and no recruits are scheduled to visit...where is the LSU swagger?

Auburn the beast of the WEST (These Tigers have been the only representative from the SEC West in the Conference Championship 4 years in a row) Tiger bowl champion in consecutive seasons looking to make it 3 in a row. After dropping another one Tennessee, Tiger coach Ramirez put his team through another round of 2 a days. (This could bring an investigation by the NCAA) These guys are firing on all cylinders and the coach has been quoted as saying I will not lose to Rynoaid and I'll post it on the forum. He may be right but don't expect the LSU fans to leave out cookies and milk when you arrive. It is going to down right hostile in Baton Rouge and even more unfriendly on the field.

Other National TV Games

#13 Georgia 5-2 @ Washington 3-3

The Dawgs start their climb back towards the Top 10.

Norte Dame 2-4 #3 North Carolina 6-0

Norte Dame has been passed around the Tradition this year…Carolina gets sloppy seconds (thirds).

Regional TV Games

Maryland 2-4 (2-3) @ #10 Florida State 6-1 (4-1)

Gonna be ugly for the Terps.

Miami 3-5 (2-3) @ NC State 4-3 (2-2)

Miami will win with or without Juggs this week.

Boston College 2-5 (1-3) @ #12 Virginia Tech 5-2 (2-2)

Cant wait to see what happens with 'The Peak'…..VT best Media department in the league.

IDLE

Florida

Coach Steelah says "Get your games in skanks!!"

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great write up jfosh as usual. I see u are using my nicknames!!!

and yes FS Frazier was #1 on my list all year! Even BB was behind him.....eff me!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am not really liking how every QB is good in this game. I can basically start anyone........they all produce good results.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

They are not all the same...just ask the Wetumpka Wizzard...If we adjust the sliders (which I plan on doing next season) we should see some seperation.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

well i have 3 qbs with about the same THP and THA.....are these the only ratings that matter?

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

There are some really big games this week. The Bama-UT game is must see TV. The loser takes pole position, with the Tarheels likely to leapfrog the loser and take a firm grab on #2 in the country.

The GT/Clemson game makes me wish we all had broadcast equipment. A bigtime game in the ACC. Clemson has talent everywhere, but will GT's revenge factor be too much to overcome? With a dominant performance, the Jackets could even jump into the top 2 spots in the polls.

Great stuff Foshie. It's been said before, but this format paints a perfect picture of what's going on each week.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Depends dude, I still believe THP and THA are ultimately the most important, but I definitely varying degrees of success.

I think the QB-WR battery in combination is important. Nasty WR's will make an average QB look better.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

Awareness counts...I'm sure Helli would sign off on that.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    THA is so important in this game...especially with the pass rush being so much better...it's so better to have an accurate QB than one who can heave it 50 yards.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

What happened with Clemson vs GA Tech???

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was up 14-0 when the game lagged out. I wasn't having anything of Clemson...I already guaranteed victory in one of these threads and we came out like ghostbusters, with my backup RB returning a kick for a TD...then getting another TD (Luallen pass)...he told me to play CPU after the DQ.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

how do you get those pictures from the game?

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

U need "something" to input the signal from your xbox to CPU...then you can do a screen captrue.

the something would be like the dazzle, or in my case the haugepauge hd-pvr.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

week 10 action.....LSU @ Alabama....who is gonna bounce back...each team suffered big rivalry game losses in week 9.

10:30 EST 12/22

www.justin.tv/jfosh

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

or an iphone... check out Coast2Coast pictures...

Week 7

Week 6