2013 VFL Draft Recap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by YungLew15, Nov 18, 2012.

1. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

2013 VFL Draft Recap (Rounds 1 & 2)
    Picture 2.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

3. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Hey YungLew

On my depth chart it says Chris Lockhart is 83 OVR not 86

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

his scheme is different than yours

5. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

I win the BIGGEST BUST DRAFT for the top 2 rounds.

FOR SURE

• Like Like x 1
  6. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Yea the ratings are based on my schemes so they will differ.

7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

what scheme are you running lol

8. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

lol. Zone Run

9. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

I don't care what the Overall says...i just played my first game with Akia Green. Dude is a monster.

97 Speed

98 Accel

89 Elusive

He's a Wallace from the Steelers clone

10. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

My CB Mims is decent but slow development...sucks

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

A
    And here I was gonna trade you and make him my slot guy ugh...you weren't supposed to play the game lol

12. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

[​IMG]

Draft Analysis​

1st Pick
    [​IMG]
    Name: Akia Green
    Position: Wide Receiver
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 187

Analysis: Akia Green had a solid junior season hauling in 81 catches for 1,089 yards and 13 TDs. He also excelled as a punt and kick returner, bringing back 3 TDs. He also had an impressive combine, raising his stock. Some have questioned Green's frame, as he is slender and thin in the legs and shoulders. However, he screams big play ability with his 4.29 speed and solid hands. He is very elusive and can take it the distance any time he touches the ball. Excellent pick by the Chargers here as they fill a position of need with a player who has been compared to Steelers WR Mike Wallace.

Grade: A+

2nd Pick
    [​IMG]
    Name: A.J. Mims
    Position: Cornerback
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 201

Analysis: A.J. Mims finished his junior season with 41 tackles, 2 sacks, 7 ints, and 2 fumble recoveries. He has excellent speed, agility and acceleration and has fluid hips allowing him to be an above average in Man Coverage. Mims also has great size for a CB, standing at almost 6'2 and 200 pounds, he is able to be physical at the line of scrimmidge and jam bigger WRs. While he has average awareness, he had difficulty at the combine dissecting plays and learning new schemes. Solid pick by San Diego, Mims should add solid depth to their secondary.

Grade: B

4th Pick
    [​IMG]
    Name: Danny Martens
    Position: Quarterback
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 229

Analysis: Danny Martens was somewhat of an enigma coming into the draft. A Career backup in college, there wasn't much film on him, and he played sparingly in his four years. However, his college head coach raves about his potential as he has all the measurables to become an impact player in the NFL. He is the definition of a gym rat, as Martens lives, breathes and dreams football. A coaches son, Martens showed incredible understanding of the X's and O's at the combine. He also has a strong arm and an excellent deep ball. Expect Martens to be groomed as the QB of the Future in San Diego, with some rumblings suggesting he could supplant QB Philip Rivers who had a shaky season last year.

Grade: B+

5th Pick
    [​IMG]
    Name: Jon McCoy
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 236

Analysis: Jon McCoy had a very productive college career, in his senior season he had 75 catches for 895 yards and 13 TDs. McCoy has excellent size, standing an impressive 6'5 inches and 236 pounds. He is an instant mismatch for DB's in the redzone and has elite jumping ability and can make the spectacular catch. After the Chargers lost WR Mike Williams to free agency, they were in need of a big target for Rivers. During the combine he displayed a 43 inch vertical and fantastic concentration in traffic. While he does not have great speed, he uses his frame to catch the ball at the highest point with his hands. Expect McCoy to contribute right away in the Red Zone for the Bolts.

Grade: B

6th Pick
    [​IMG]
    Name: Kalum Bynes
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 319

Analysis: Kalum Bynes is somewhat of a late bloomer. He played LG for three years before being put at defensive tackle during his senior season and he had a good season. Bynes had 30 tackles, 14 pressures, 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. During the combine he showed good strength, doing the bench press 40 times. While he does not have good burst, he keeps his shoulder pads low, allowing him to get leverage. Look for Bynes to develop into a solid backup DT for the Bolts.

Grade: C

• Like Like x 3
  13. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Really? I thought Maj said if we were able to get it in...in the advance time that it was ok. Sorry...i wont play any others!

• Like Like x 1
  14. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I think he was kidding. Y'all can play preseason games.

15. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Its kind of funny how the draft worked out ... the cpu drafted my team through the first 3 rounds and actually drafted players I scouted at the positions I wanted ... not sure if it was pure luck or if it actually attempts to go after players you recruit but either way it went well for me, actually better than I thought

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I meant you wasn't supposed to play to figure out how good he was lol

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Crazy stl went with a qb

18. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

HB Bull Griggs actually came out to a 90 OVR in my scheme. I run the Balanced Offense, but have Power Back selected as my running back preference.

• Like Like x 3
  19. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Hows the Arik Casher at FS project going? lol and Bonner?

20. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Holy s---!!!!

21. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

yea i knew griggs was gna be a beast! guy had A trucking and A strength

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I was going Greg in the 2nd if green was gone...but both them fools were gone...

Cashier came in at 77 in my scheme...he's rated low because his zone coverage is low but everything else is nice...Bonner is a beast....his only issue is route running which I will address....in practice he caught everything I threw at him if his hands touched the ball....should be a beast like Calvin Johnson...I'm going to do a report on my draft soon...just waiting on this pending trade....

23. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, I had to take Griggs in the 2nd even though he was project to go in the 3rd. I was dumb and spent a buttload of scouting points on him & got his OVR before the draft lol

I was pretty blind the rest of the draft though

24. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

But he worked out...ummm can you vote on that trade proposal though?

25. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

You guys did SO MUCH work on the draft.... I didnt. It shows - how much I suck.

• Like Like x 1