2013- Week 1

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by PAgamer07, Jul 28, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advanced. Deadline Tonight

2. PAgamer07

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Boilermakers will host Ball State (0-0).

=============== Northwestern Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (0-0).

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== California Golden Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Bears will host San Diego State (0-0).

=============== Michigan State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Spartans will host Western Michigan (0-0).

=============== #23 Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers travel to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Falcons (0-0).

=============== Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0).

=============== West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Mountaineers travel to Huntington to face the Marshall Thundering Herd (0-0).

=============== Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes are idle.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host FCS West .

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Bowling Green (0-0).

=============== Maryland Terrapins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Terrapins will host FIU (0-0).

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    WVU Takes Care of Herd
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    28 - 10

[​IMG]

--Huntington, WV

WVU rolled into Huntington for the annual instate rivalry game the Friends of Coal Bowl. The first drive of the game was a 3 and out for WVU followed by the same for Marshall leading to a 6 minute drive leading a WVU touchdown. After that, the Marshall QB ran left, ran right with a little bit of passing thrown in.

WVU completed enough passing to win but Trickett is definitely a different QB than what I had at the Cuse. The good news is i have 3 decent QB's my freshman is an 84 and I have two Juniors that are also in the 80's. I have 10 WR's to look at. This year I will be running a pro style but next year, I may have to move to a spread to match what talent I have.

My RB's had three touchdowns between them and split the carries virtually 50-50. Sims is a huge beast compared to Buie. Speed is about the same but Buie is a little quicker.

On Defense, I am still young especially in the backfield. I believe i forced more fumbles in 1 game than in the 8 games with 'Cuse.

Next week, we travel to Ann Arbor.

My Season Prediction 7-5 with a bowl game

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I won't be home til 8 cst, i work 12 hour shifts. So give to trey or something and someone can advance around 930 cst. unless the old man can stay up.

5. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

sonn wanna assign some recruiting points? :)

6. PAgamer07

How did the stats look? I did some extensive reading on some things and learned a lot I didnt know about sliders. I made minor tweaks and will continue throughout the season.

7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Total Offense

WVU: 292
    Marshall: 221

Rushing
    WVU: 120 - 40 Attempts - 3TD's
    Marshall: 72 - 19 attempts

Passing
    WVU: 172 - 12/21
    Marshall: 149 - 19/36

• Like Like x 1
  8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Lordy, I have the toughest schedule in Redshirts history. (user game wise)

9. PAgamer07

:bag:

• Like Like x 1
  10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Michigan ST. 52 - Western Michigan 24

We returned the oppening kickoff for a TD, and we never gave the lead back.

Our offense was outstanding. Our defense, was average I guess. Funny since we have like 4 All Americans starting in our 11 man unit. :/

[​IMG]

There isn't too much to say really. We jumped out 7-0 after housing the opening kickoff (300 xp) :D . WMU came back on their opening drive and scored to tie it up. After that we retook the lead and never looked back. The closest WMU got was 11 pts in the 3rd quarter. It was a two score game 35-24 going into the 4th but we took an int back for a td and blew the lead wide open from there.

Our defense didn't play all that well and Western's offense played better than the stats indicate.

All in all it was a solid win in the home opener. Next week is a bye before a huge trip to South Bend to play #7 Notre Dame in week 3.

Stats

MSU

Maxwell 17-20 269 4 TD 0 INT (he was a beast in this game. he threw some outstanding passes)

Nick Hill 23 att 124 yds 0 TD

Ben Fowler 6 rec 140 yds 1 TD

Paul Lang 5 rec 46 yds 2 TD

5 team sacks 2 int's

Bullough had 8 tackles and a pick 6

W. Michigan

Van Tubbergen 21/37 230 1td 2 int (he played better than the stats indicate)

Chance 9 runs 66 yds 1 td

Mussman 7 catches 77 yds

Braverman 4 -50-1td

defense never made it to the stadium

11. PAgamer07

Yikes. What are Maxwell's ratings? Those are phenomonal stats.

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

He's been on Michigan state it seems like 7 years so I'm sure he's rated highly.

13. PAgamer07

:finger:

14. BDSDIGITAL

Overall like 84.

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Beavers Throttled Air Force
    [​IMG]
    Oregon State opened up the coach Eidson era with a fly over of the Air Force Falcons. It's a good problem to have but Coach Eidson was unsure whether to start QB Sean Mannion or proven QB Cody Vaz. Eidson went with Mannion and for now, he's won the job. The two squads started out a little slow before Oregon State got things going on a 12 play drive that ended on a RB Storm Woods 3 yard touchdown. Air Force fumbled just past midfield early in the 2nd quarter but OSU was unable to capitalize off the turnover. The Falcons jumped on the board and knotted things up when QB Kale Pearson shook off a few tackles and rushed up the middle on the option keeper 58 yards and it was 7-7 midway through the 2nd. From there on out the game went sour for the Falcons. Beaver QB Sean Mannion went on another 10+ play drive and hooked up with WR Obum Gwacham from 8 yards out to lead 14-7. Air Force responded rather quickly when RB Andrew LaCoste blasted off two OSU tacklers and went 53 yards into OSU territory but that was as far as they would go and kicked a field goal to trail 14-10. Mannion answered again for Oregon State on another long drive that was capped with another touchdown toss from the 6'5" QB to WR Kevin Cummings.​
    The defense finally slowed down the Air Force triple option that had racked up over 200 yards in the first half and gave the Beavers another chance for points before half. From the Air Force 14 yard line, Mannion pulled the trigger again and found star WR Brandin Cooks over the middle in the endzone for his 3rd touchdown toss of the afternoon to lead 28-10. Air Force was able to snag a garbage field goal before half because Coach Eidson was dicking around with his LB and left a wide open TE down the field for a 60 yard bomb but he was brought down at the OSU 4 yard line and Air Force trailed at the half 28-13. The 2nd half was even uglier then the first half. The Beaver defense woke up and only allowed 2-3 first downs in the half after being ran all over in the first half. On offense, Mannion tossed his 4th touchdown to Kevin Cummings while Storm Woods ran in his 2nd touchdown of the afternoon also to lead 35-13 at the end of the 3rd qtr. The back up's finished out the game for the Beavers who kicked through a late field goal for the final victory score 45-13. The #24 Beavers will now dig into there tough schedule with a game vs Purdue next week.​

Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Sean Mannion: 19/27, 247 Yards, 4 TD
    RB Storm Woods: 24 Att, 173 Yards, TD
    WR Brandin Cooks: 5 Rec, 104 Yards, TD
    WR Kevin Cummings: 7 Rec, 86 Yards, 2 TD
    CB Sean Martin: 5 Tackles, 2 FF
    [​IMG]
    QB Kale Pearson: 3/11, 78 Yards
    QB Kale Pearson: 11 Att, 86 Yards, TD
    RB Andrew LaCoste: 10 Att, 102 Yards
    WR Christian Glenn: 1 Rec, 42 Yards
    LB Jared Jones: 6 Tackles, Sack
    Video

16. BDSDIGITAL

Western mich is pretty bad tho. It would be a lot more unrealistic if I went 15-30 148 1td 1 int or something like that. I had mismatches at every position really.

17. PAgamer07

yes i was bored at work

18. PAgamer07

How do you like Oregon State?

19. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

So far so good. Got orange uniforms so I'm good To go

• Like Like x 1
  20. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    They also play on a field named after a taco company :)

21. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I thought you wrote you were boned at work. I was like easy there big fella

22. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Iowa Defense Keeps Falcons in check win 48-16

The 2013 Season kicked off in Iowa as the Hawkeyes took on the Falcons of Bowling Green. The Falcons won the toss but elected to kick and it turned out to be a great decision as Iowa's first drive ended with a Jake Rudock interception on his first pass of the game and Bowling Green marched down the field and kicked a 20 yard field goal 3-0 BG. Iowa's offense got it in gear on there second drive with the three headed back field of Weisman, Bullock, and Canzeri. Jake Rudock rebounded on this drive connecting on all of his pass attempts and ended the drive with a 10 yard play action touchdown pass to CJ Fiedorowicz to make it 7-3. The Bowling Green hurry up offense was confusing the Hawkeye defense up until they got into the redzone and the defense clamped down and forced another field goal at the end of the 1st quarter to make it 7-6 Hawkeyes.​
    The second quarter was dominated by the Hawkeyes and redshirt freshman corner Maurice Fleming but on there first drive of the quarter Mark Weisman found the endzone from 6 yards out to make it 14-6 then after another Bowling Green field goal Iowa tacked on a field goal to make it 17-9. Then Maurice Fleming took control of the game first he picked off Matt Schilz and returned it 35 yards for the touchdown 24-9. Then on the next Bowling Green drive they drove down the field and got deep into Iowa territory before the half and again Maurice Fleming picked off Schilz and returned it for a new NCAA record 98 yards for another touchdown to make it 31-9 at the half.

The third quarter saw Iowa's defense dominate and Mark Weisman score again and then Iowa tacked on a field goal at the end of the third to make it 41-9 and then the mass subs for offense and defense came in and Iowa was able to score again in the 4th on a Damon Bullock 1 yard run which was set up from another Maurice Fleming interception and new school record for interceptions in a game(3). Bowling Green scored late on a 32 yard run to make it 48-16 then Iowa would run out the rest of the clock after Bowling Green recovered the onside kick then was stood up on the goal line at the end of the game.

[​IMG]

QB Jake Rudock 10-12 143 Yards 1 TD 1 INT
    RB Mark Weisman 20 Att 94 Yards 2 TD
    TE CJ Fiedorowicz 3 Rec 37 Yards 1 TD
    DEF Maurice Fleming 3 INT 2 TD (NCAA Record for longest return INT 98 yards, School Record for INT's in a Game)

[​IMG]

QB Matt Schilz 31-48 275 Yards 4 INT
    RB Andre Givens 14 Att 45 Yards 9 Rec 24 Yards
    WR Herve Coby 3 Rec 50 Yards
    DEF BooBoo Gates 11 Tackles ​

• Like Like x 1
  23. BDSDIGITAL

Weisman kills me every time I play cpu Iowa. Beast.

24. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I remember Canzari pissing me off last year when I was Wisconsin

25. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

They have high expectations there!