2013 WEEK 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 9, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2013 WEEK 1

2013 Week 1!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Wednesday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Florida
    3 Georgia
    5 Clemson
    7 VT
    9 LSU
    10 FSU
    14 Auburn
    15 UNC
    18 Virginia
    25 Alabama
    27 Tennessee
    75 Wake Forest

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Some big games this week:

Tennessee at #15 UNC

#9 LSU at #7 VaTech

Heisman Watch

Player of the Week

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    R. Shephard QB LSU -
    A. Miller QB Aub --
    M. Barkley QB USC --
    L. Pryor HB FSU --
    M. Goodman RE Clem --

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looking foward to LSU vs VT the sequel....but what is this Sheppard's 6th year of elgibility. I think the NCAA needs to investigate. But it should be a good QB match up between Exum and Sheppard, both are great dual threat QB's.

3. GoGators

I agree it seems like Shephard is playing his 5th season. I don't recall him getting redshirted. There's something fishy going on over there in the Bayou!

4. GoGators

Remember to post your playbooks guys. Especially those with user games in week 1.

5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Did redshirt Shepard as a Freshman. Had Jefferson so not need to use him.

6. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Offence: Oklahoma
    Defence: 4-3

Don't have time to do a full summary working in a bit. Freshman RB Williams? i think ran for over 250 yards in a dominating first game. Wake wins big scoring 4 rushing TDs as well as the opening kick off for returned for TD.

7. GoGators

just an FYI guys, I forgot to modify the slider settings before advancing. They will be getting changed for week 2 so expect the difficulty to be worse. I'll post them when we advance so everyone is aware.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Oh sure! Have easy sliders when I have a USER game!

9. GoGators

Put your mangina back in your pants. No pouting allowed!

:violin:

10. jello1717

UNC plays SEC teams in weeks 1 and 3.

Which one is part of the ACC/SEC challenge?

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

and week 13 or 14

12. GoGators

The ACC/SEC challenge kind of went out the window this year. The schedules were jacked up because the ACC had less conference matchups than the SEC. Plus, the only non conference user games we can schedule are ACC vs SEC, so I guess theoretically, they all count. There's no set matchup this season for ACC vs SEC due to the schedules if that's what you're asking.

13. KnightNoles

are all the games being played tonight?

that be Noooiiice

14. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Great Start For The Vols Upsetting #15 UNC 17-13

After a horrific end to the 2012 season, the Volunteers have seemed to right the ship or at least they hope, with a season opening road win over the North Carolina Tar Heels 17-13.

Wasn't a pretty win at all for the Vols as the offense pretty much did nothing. A pick-6 along with an interception return inside the the Heel's red zone allowed for enough scoring to put the Vols on top.

Players of the Game
    TENN RB D. Oku
    23 Car,88 Yds, TD

UNC D.Sharpe
    3 REC,16 Yds, TD

Great game played by coach jello, probably deserved the win and would have gotten it without the two costly interceptions.

15. GoGators

I said it before and I'll say it again. S-E-C!!! haha.

Was UNC caught looking ahead to week 3 a little bit???

16. jello1717

I certainly wasn't looking ahead. Why would I care about the Florida game (or Auburn game) since that's not even a conference game? I'll be looking ahead to the Virginia and Virginia Tech games as those are the only user games that matter for UNC this year. Also, this certainly wasn't an upset at all. My team blows (once again). The higher rated (not ranked) team won. I'd imagine that once again my team will be lower rated than every user team that I play this year.

Anywho. I don't throw 2 picks and I win this game. Cheese was nice enough to not mention that the pick six was something like a 90 yarder and that one killed me. The other pick was nearly a pick six, but he punched it in shortly afterwards anyway. My defense is easily the worst part of my team (I think I have a 90 D-lineman and 10 mid-to-low 80s guys on D) but they played very well in this game which was shocking. I think they held UT to 150 yards of total offense. This was my first game ever (of any kind) with my new playbook and I'm liking it so far (despite only scoring 13 points). I think it could be just as effective as ND's pb.

17. Hokie Effect

Virginia Tech- 38
    LSU- 14

This game was alot closer than what the score shows. Virginia Tech was able to drive the ball with a heavy dose of the running game to take a 14-0 lead. LSU turned the ball over on their first possession as they entered the redzoneo answer the Hokies first score. This would be a common theme for the Tigers as they turn the ball over a total of 3 times. Sheppard seemed poised to prove to the SE that he is a deserving MVP canditate by showing off his arm early playing near flawless......but Sheppard goes down with a back injury and will be out 2 weeks. This is when the game started to slip away for LSU. The injury bug happened on the VT sideline as well. David Wilson was in and out of the game with a shoulder injury. The Hokies schedule doesn't get any easier as the face Auburn next.

18. GoGators

Nice win Hokie. I think I recall reading some where that the Tigers coach wasn't too concerned with Shephard going down since he felt he had a capable backup carrying the clipboard. What happened?

ACC 1
    SEC 1

19. Hokie Effect

His capable back up QB threw 2 picks(1 pick 6)....but other than that LSU's passing game was very effecient with both Sheppard and his backup. He just had trouble stopping the run and most of my runs were traditional handoffs with a good mix of option. I only had to throw the ball 9 times. If LSU can find a way to stop the run they will be very competitive in the SEC.

20. GoGators

#21 WVU 14
    #1 UF 55

Gators Win Opener

Coach KSherm has some new shiny toys to use this season and it shows. In what was suppose to be a close game as predicted in Vegas, the Gators mopped the floor with the visiting Mountaineers.

UF looked out of sync early on offense, but that's to be expected with a freshman at QB. Trey Burton got the start and after he settled down from getting his first action in the Swamp, he went on to be player of the game.

The Gator defense however didn't struggle at all. One of the best units in the land played lights out defense as soon as the coin toss was over. WVU looked like a JV squad at times trying to move the ball. This looks like an impressive unit, while I'm sure they'll get tested later in the season, things looked really good today.

With a commanding lead, the Gators got to get everyone involved today. The first unit played the first half but in the second half, coach KSherm worked everyone in. Freshman QB Anthony Johnson played the 3rd quarter and after throwing an INT on his first play, he settled in to go 7/9, 50 yds and a TD. Superstar freshman QB Mark Price would play the 4th. As he ran out onto the field the fans in the Swamp errupted as they've been praising this kid since signing day. And boy he didn't disappoint. His first carry went for 15 yards as he ran through multiple arm tackles. Unfortunately, he would get banged up on the play and need to come out for a short span but we've been assured he's ok and there are no lingering effects. He finished the day 2/3 65 yds TD while adding 28 yds on the ground on 4 carries with a TD.

Also getting in on the action was highly touted freshman RB Isaac Sanders as he had 5 carries for 31 yds with a long of 19.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    WVU
    UF​
    First Downs
    9​
    23​
    Total Offense
    223​
    477​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    30-63-1​
    37-183-3​
    Comp-Att-TD
    11-18-0​
    22-32-4​
    Passing Yards
    160​
    294​
    3rd Down Conv
    5-12 (41%)​
    5-10 (50%)​
    Turnovers
    4​
    1​
    T.O.P.
    9:56​
    18:03​

Players of the Game:
    Game BallQB T. Burton 173.1, 13/20, 179 yds, 2 TDs, 3 car, 28 yds, TD​

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hey i did my recruiting, let's hit week 2!!

22. KnightNoles

Advance this SHIZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz