2013 Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Week 10

We are now in Week 10. Two big user games this week. Next advance will be no later than monday at noon est time. Keep up the great work guys

Games of the Week:

#8 Miami (bravejaf) @ #2 VA Tech (DJ391)

#13 Penn St (Hokie Effect) @ #3 Ohio St (Maslerboros16)

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wow, this OD is really moving now. Might see my FR QB become a SR after all. Great job getting those games in everyone so Hokie and Masler have at least a shot at getting their user game before Hokie heads of to his fun in the sun!

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Corso and Herbstreit are going with PSU, so are the Headlines.

I outclass Hokie on offense but he outclasses me in Defense, stat wise at least. This could be a veeeery interesting game.

What's everyone think? Will one of us blow the other out? or will it be a tight battle like last year?

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    #5 Michgian St @ Michigan

Michigan State 29
    Michigan 45

With 3:05 left in the first quarter Michigan found itself down 13 - 0 against arch rival and fifth ranked Michigan State. Then Coach Suge Knight went to the ground using his stable of backs to close the gap to 13 - 7 after an 8 play 73 yard drive was capped with a Vincent Smith 1 yard plunge into the end zone. Michigan stopped the Spartans on downs when starting QB Stanford Carpenter faked an inside handoff and went up top to TE Webb for a 63 yard TD catch and run to even out the score at 13 - 13 when the PAT was missed. After a FG sandwiched between to MSU punts Michigan K N Andrews missed a 44 yard FG. The Spartans seemed to capitalize on the miss when their RB broke free along the Michigan sideline with daylight ahead when Wolverine S Isaiah Bell delivered a crushing blow which knocked the ball out. SR CB Kenneth Lyles scooped up the ball and returned it 79 yards for the score and gave Michigan and the filled to capacity Big House momentum for the rest of the game. With possession of Paul Bunyan's Axe for another year Michigan (5 - 4) takes on Northwestern in two weeks at the Big House needing a victory in two of the remaining three games, against NW, the school from Columbus and Texas Tech, to reach a bowl game.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am rooting for a plague reminiscent of that which struck London from 1665-1666. While i do not wish death to anyone, severe swelling of the genitalia and ears will do. And for the cherry on top a halftime show featuring William Hung and Larry Platt.

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Bedlam Game

OSU 21
    OU 31

Oklahoma has turner their season around. The win over the Cowboys has increase our win streak to 4 games. This would be our first full game without star HB Stephen Houston who was injured for the season the in win over Nebraska. We went with HB Herbert Howler as our starter, and he would struggle, averaging only 3.6 ypc and a fumble. But he did add 2 rushing TD's. Overall the offense was efficient, but they did not lose the came.

Defense was the story. Coming into the game we knew we would have our hands full with Ryan Smith, OSU's all-time leading pass, and HB Dexter Pratt. Their first three drives they drove down the field at will, but we managed to hold them to 2 FG's on the 3 redzone opportunities.

Player of the Game had to be Sophomore FS Brian Higgins. Higgins had two huge plays in the third quarter that opened up the game for the sooners. He finished with 7 tackles, 1 int, and a FR for a TD. Here are his two big plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFdqV453EtI

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 49
    Ohio State- 28

Penn State jumped on the Buckeyes early and never looked back. Penn Stae was up 28-0 before the Ohio State scored and the Nittany Lions held a 35-7 lead at half. Penn State was led by a very effecient throwing performance by Johnson (thank god he is back from injury) 14/15 205yds 2 TD 0 INT and Dukes on the ground with 178yds 1 TD. Ried added another 68yds 3 TD as Dukes was in and out with injury. Ohio State was able to move the ball the scond half but losing the turnover battle -3 and a 28 point halftime defecit it was a little to late.

GG and again I wasn't trying to run up the score. Until next season....

Thanks again everyone for a fast advance so I could get this game in. Damn Purdue, hopefully I don't get f'd on a sim and am still in the title hunt when I get back from Mexico!!!

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

GG

I'm more tired of being so close to the Title game and then ruining my season. It's a curse. Whatever.

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

there is no title hunt for psu lmao

10. Hokie Effect

I will be the highest rank 1-loss team when all things are said and done.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami should be pretty high as well if I can somehow beat VT this week.

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

haha we will see how this one shakes out, if i dont lose today im not losing to anyone

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

i wouldn't say that. i refuse to go without a fight, i may have slipped up against hokie...again...but from now on...no mercy

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Win or lose I should be done with user games after this match. I haven't lost to a CPU team in months so if I win this game there is little chance I lose any games the rest of the way.

(I'm undefeated in Tradition against CPU, except with Duke in The Rise)

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

I know losing way too well, not sure why it still gets me upset. Maybe because now I have a team that are Title contenders?

16. Hokie Effect

VT beats Miami + Ohio State beats VT + Penn State wins out = Penn State vs USC in the title game

Simple math.....

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

You are forgetting the undefeated Louisville.

If VT loses then it's going to be USC vs Louisville (assuming they win out).

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech- 28
    Miami- 14

Well hokie got one part of that equation right because Va Tech dominated on D point blank period. The Hokies went up early 14 to 0 behind the legs of Superback David Wilson who had 21 rushes for 121 yards and 3 tds. Gregory completed 80 percent of his passes throwing 1 TD and 0 picks. The Hokies never turned the ball over as the Canes threw 2 costly picks that killed drives, turnovers indeed was the difference in this game. Derwin Davis caught 3 passes for 77 yards and Logan Thomas caught 3 also for 45 yards and a TD, 1 on a huge 4th down in Hokie territory.

The only road block in the Hokies path is the Ohio State buckeyes and then its the ACC champ which by winning this one the Hokies will be there definately against the computer unless Maryland meltsdown horribly.

LOOK OUT USC THERE WILL BE NO EASY NATIONAL CHAMP GAME FOR YA THIS YEAR.....

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

End the speculation and the formula talks now Va Tech will be in the BIG game this year so enjoy your BCS bowls hahaha

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good game DJ. The big plays were the 4th down conversion where you scored the TD before half and my interception in the red zone in the 4th quarter. The second interception was pretty much pointless, I had 80 yards 2 drive and needed 2 touchdowns. I had to go deep and it didn't work. I really can't blame Highsmith on that one. Other than the 4th quarter interceptions Highsmith played great and he once again carried my team. Too bad defense couldn't stop the Hokies throughout the game.

21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya stamp your ticker to getting destroyed in the Champ game by USC. Id rather see the cardinals in the champ game than the hokies, more of a challenge.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm still going to beat you DJ. Enjoy your BCS Bowl

23. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Texas Tech 31 Texas A&M 21

[​IMG]
    TECH FS RYAN HOLMES STEALS A PASS

The Texas Tech Red Raiders play a solid game at home, and knock off the Aggies.

If we could play about 4 more seasons on this game, I know I'd be talkin title smack with the rest of ya'll. For now, I'll be happy making the Daisy " Do-A-Dollop" Sour Cream Bowl.

24. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

ya i dont plan on losing to anyone so good luck trying

25. Hokie Effect

I love to see the trash talking. The Ohio State vs Virginia Tech game is gonna be huge and it hurts to say, I am rooting for the Big Ten and Ohio State over the Hokies.