2013 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Week 11

We are now in week 11. Next advance will be weds night. No user games this week and a few byes.

Game of the Week:

#2 USC (Hovathegodmc) vs #7 Arizona St

Keep the summaries comin along with updated recruiting results.

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

TAMU 21
    OU 27

Oklahoma survives again. We jumped out to an early 17-0 lead, on the back of Herbert Howler 2 short TD runs. Late in the second half we thought we had held TAMU to a FG, but they faked and got a TD to make the score 17-7. TAMU got the ball at half and proceeded to drive down for a quick TD to cut the score to 17-14.

A&M played tough D in the second half. They got within 6 at 27-21. They had the ball with under 2 minutes to go and drove the ball down inside the Oklahoma 10. I figured we had managed to give this game away. The Sooners defense decided that they had seen enough. TAMU QB Slaughter thought he had a TD on a slant pass, but LB Rondell Lewis managed to pick it off sealing the win for the 9th ranked Sooners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiCL6VrY_Qk

3. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Did they give you a touchback, or did you get the ball on the 1 yard line?

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami had an ugly day but managed to get a win against Northern Illinois. The offensive stats were similar for both sides, each gaining around 340 yards total offense. Miami QB Highsmith had another forgettable day. He threw 2 interceptions and left with an injury. In his place Austin got the Hurricanes a couple late touchdowns to seal the win. The main targets for the Miami quarterbacks were wide receivers Kent (SR.) and Reid (FR.). Each had more than 100 yards receiving and a touchdown. Blocking was the biggest problem for Miami's offense. The quarterbacks were under constant pressure and the running backs couldn't get going.

Over on the defensive side the Hurricanes gave up a bunch of yards but the Huskies could not capitalize. They missed 2 field goals and also had some redzone turnovers. Nixon and Richardson each picked off passes in the game and senior defensive end Dye had a couple more sacks.

Miami 28
    Northern Illinois 9

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

1 yard line. I had to fight my way out. almost got a safety on the first play. The second play my RB fumbled, thankfully my OL recovered. After that I was able to get a first down and run out the clock.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

OSU 56

MSU 28

No wonder MSU went undefeated for as long as they did, stingy defense. But it was still no match for the Buckeyes as they took out their anger from last week out on the Spartans (as much as it pained me). Midway through the 2nd quarter MSU HB Caper was hurt for 4 weeks on a sprained elbow (that also hurt me).

Full summary in thread.

7. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Tech knocks off another ranked team on the road.

The Red Raiders are this years cardiac kids, beating the #16 Oklahoma State Cowboys, at home, on a fourth down TD pass from Seth Doege to Marshall Johnson with 39 seconds to play. The Cowboys drove down inside the Tech 30, but missed a FG with 1 second to play.

Texas Tech knocks off Oklahoma State 23 - 20.

The good news keeps coming as Tech signs 3 more recruits!

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

It was nice to see that the pollsters recognized real talent over the sizzle of that overrated school out west HAHAHA

9. Hova

Ya after me having 2 byes, we all know EA's infamous poll logic. I will be number one again after I blow out arizona st and you have a bye

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

nah you wont for long especially after i blow out OSU

11. Hova

I beat #1 and #2. You beat no one in the top 5

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Obviously dont matter that was early againt preseason over hyped teams not proven squads

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

never never NEVER gunna happen....i will shut that blacksburg crowd UP and earn my TITLE RIGHTS....i have one last chance...i gotta take it

14. Hova

If I beat the #1 USER TEAM in the country how is that not proven? Along with 2 other top 5 teams. It's the retarded EA logic and you know it. I will pass you next week and then you will pass me again. Who ever had the LAST big win gets the number 1 ranking. The poll takes in effect nothing else at all OBVIOUSLY

15. Hova

#1 USC 48
    #7 Arizona St 23

"USC welcomed Arizona St to the coliseum which would result in a shootout in LA. A bad idea for the ASU defense as Matt Barkley went off on them breakin the USC passing record with over 400 yards passing and 6 TDs. He then was sent to the bench for QB Ricks to finish of the 4th QTR mainly on HB Bolden's legs. ASU made some insane plays on offense like a 97 Yard TD run by J miles who had 195 yards rushing on the day, a bad sign for the USC defense. The WR corp of USC had 3 guys over 100 yards, Barkley spread the ball around perfectly and put an unstoppable passing game on the field. USC heads to oregon st next week."

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 31
    Washington - 24

The Bruins hold for dear life in this, holding off a late rally by the Huskies in Seattle. The Bruins improve to 5-1 in the Pac-10 and face Arizona next week at home. Dalton Hilliard had another nice day, rushing for another TD. The defense came up big when they had to, knocking away a potential tying TD pass in the closing seconds.

17. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas Remains Unbeaten in Conference Play with Win at Home

The Longhorn defense records 8 sacks in today as Texas cruised to a 62 - 7 victory over the Jayhawks. The defense only allowed 164 yards of total offense. Kansas went backwards in the rushing category. They had -20 yards on 22 carries. The Texas offense ran the ball 51 times for 271 yards with Brandon Jones going over the century mark for the second time in 2 games. The Longhorns threw for 225 yards with 6 touchdowns.

Texas has a bye next week before traveling to College Station for its annual meeting with the Aggies.

18. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

FSU 27
    Clemson 17

FSU (5-5) (4-4) went to Death Valley and defeated Clemson (4-6) (3-5) on a day when the Tigers brought in 17 prospects to watch the rivalry game. Clemson was held to 259 yards of offense, 23 rushing attempts for 65 yards and 18 completions out of 26 pass attempts for 194 yards.

Clemson jumped out to an early 10-0 lead. The Tigers opening drive covered 75 yards in 11 plays. They were 2-2 on 3rd down conversions on the drive. They would only convert 1 more 3rd down in 7 attempts the rest of the game. They were successful on 1 of 3 4th downs. Following the opening score, the 'Noles were driving, but the Clemson defense came up with a fumble recovery off an option play. Clemson went 25 yards in 8 plays and kicked a field goal for the 10 point advantage. The Seminoles would score 1 rushing TD and 1 passing TD in the second quarter to take the lead going into halftime.

FSU received the ball to start the second half. They drove the ball for a first and goal at the Clemson 6 yard line, but were penalized for holding on an apparent touchdown scamper by senior RB Lonnie Pryor. The 'Noles could only get back to the 4 yard line on the next 3 plays and elected to allow freshman Erik Long to kick the 21 yard FG. Clemson would come back to tie the game on a 30 yard TD pass. FSU came back with a TD of their own to take the lead back, using a strong running game. Clemson would be stopped on their ensuing drive and freshman kicker Long would tack on a 46 yard FG. Clemson threw an interception to FSU junior linebacker Kyle Whitaker to seal the game. FSU would run out the clock for the victory.

On a sad note, senior captain ILB CJ Mizell appears to be lost for 7 weeks, as he tore a chest muscle. Three or four other injuries appear to be minor.

FSU is now watching their TVs hoping Maryland continues its second half collapse. FSU finishes 4-4 in ACC play, with a head to head victory over the Terps. Maryland is 4-2 in ACC play with games against NCSU and BC remaining.

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Better say the hail mary lol