2013 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Week 12

Now into Week 12. 1 user game this week. Next ADV no later than friday at noon EST time.

Game of the Week:

#7 Oklahoma (Ceewo) @ Texas Tech (CWHarris1)

One more thing guys, Texas did have a restart last week and I did pm him telling him I would throw it out because It is in the rules. I know he did not purposely restart but I cannot allow restarts. However, this morning when I adv I totally forgot to throw it out, But I dont think it matters since he would have easily won the sim anyways. Just a reminder to everyone restarts will not be tolerated, not that you guys do it anyways. Thanks.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Assuming we don't fly through advances I most likely won't need my appointed sub. I will be gone Thursday through Sunday but I have a bye week 13. I also should be done with my recruiting after this week.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 56

Purdue 49

Buckeyes outlast the Boilermakers in a shootout. Purdue had a seemingly crazy run defense so the Bucks took to the air as Rhoden dominated the day with 8 TD passes. He broke two OSU records with the most TD's thrown in a game and most TD's in an OSU QB Career.

4. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Sounds like a fun game. It's always nice to win a shootout.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was up by two scores for a while but they pick 6ed and you know, went "god" mode. But with Rhoden lightin em up I wasn't going to lose..he had a great day, I couldn't believe it

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 12 vs. Wake Forest

Miami rolled through its last conference game en route to its 9th win of the year. If the team can beat Akron in a couple weeks they should get a BCS Bowl, not bad for a young team that lost a lot of talent. Leading the charge against Wake Forest was senior quarterback Highsmith. He had 6 total touchdowns in this game, 3 passing and 3 running, and he also completed 20 of 25 pass attempts. He did make some mistakes, throwing 2 interceptions, and one mistake cost Miami a touchdown. There is no stat for interceptions thrown in the end zone but I'm confident Highsmith would have the lead.

On the defensive side the Hurricanes gave up some points but also made some big plays. Junior cornerback Thomas led the way in this game, picking off a pass and returning a fumble for a touchdown. Seniors Morgan and Dye also had good games. Dye had 2 more sacks in the game and Morgan tied for team lead in tackles with 8, 3 for loss.

Miami gets a bye in week 13 followed by the game against Akron in week 14 to finish the season. They will not get a shot at conference championship this season but the team will be fighting for that title next season.

Miami 49
    Wake Forest 17

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Texas Tech 21
    Oklahoma 30

The game started with Oklahoma receiving the ball. The drove down the field and then did what has happened way too many times this year, we threw a pick in the redzone. And then the defense did what the have done all year and that was bail out the offense. One the first Texas Tech snap we got a sack on Doege for a saftey. The rest of the game it was Oklahoma's ground attack vs Texas Tech air attack.

It was close the entire game with each matching TD drives. Late in the 3rd quarter Oklahoma had a 2 point lead, when Culp threw his second pick of the day. At this point I was very worried. We had held the lead the entire time, but we also were having problems containing the air attack. But the defense stepped up again and intercepted Doege for the second time. This time Oklahoma just ground the ball out, taking approximatley 4 mintues off the clock. The drive ended with a 4 yard Herbert Fowler TD run and only 58 seconds left on the clock.

This would be our 6th win in a row after a slow start. We have one game left and that is against FSU after a bye week.

GG CWHArris.

8. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Kept up as long as I could, but the Oklahoma run game was too much down the stretch. Got company, so I'll post a summary early tomorrow.

Excellent game, it was a lot of fun.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Northwestern 15
    Michigan 30

Stout defense and solid offense was the recipe for Michigan this afternoon as they dominated the Wildcats this afternoon. Were it not for a bad option tip and two "mysterious" tips the Wolverines would likely have posted a shut out in this one. Next week is The Game.

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I had a new "mysterious" tip, against Texas A&M, I think. They were running an option, I ran in the backfield and hit the ball/running back just as it was getting to him, the ball hit the ground, and the play was whistled dead. It was a backwards pitch, clearly a fumble, but I guess the CPU considered it an incomplete pass.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Arizona - 31
    UCLA - 42

UCLA continued its surprising season, taking down the #17 Wildcalts at home. Leading by only 4 with under 2 minutes, the Wildcats were driving when UCLA's defense came up big with a strip and and return for TD that sealed the deal. UCLA looks continue its winning ways with a tough road test next week against the Ducks in Eugene.

12. Hova

#1 USC 56
    Oregon St 7

USC traveled up to Oregon St and humiliated the beavers in their own backyard. QB Matt Barkley had one of the best 2 quarter performance in his career. He went 15 for 19, for 330 yards and 5 TDs. His passer rating was over 300 for the game. He was sent to the bench at halftime along with the rest of the starting offense as the game was already wrapped up 49-7 at the half. USC fans got to see a little bit of the future with the play of QB Ricks who went 7 for 9 and 94 yards. USC heads back home for one more conference game against ranked Cal, then it is off to the rose bowl for a possible Pac-10 champ game with the UCLA bears.

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Go UCLA!

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

maybe he can do us all a favor and upset USC (y)

15. Hova

Haven't heard anything from tmac. Hopefully he logs on tonight. I will be advancing when I wake up in the morning

16. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Sorry for the delay guys. Oregon managed to beat the worst team in the PAC 10 31-13. Perkins ran for 2 scores and Wilcox also had 97 yards rushing.