2013 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 14, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2013 Week 3

2013 Week 3!

Next advance deadline is:
    Wednesday 10 PM EST

Sliders have been changed guys. I've tweaked them to try and compensate for the statistical categories that were dominated by users last season. They may not be perfect, but let's see how they go. Feel free to provide some input on them, but keep in mind that they are meant to be challenging.

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Florida (41)
    3 Clemson
    5 FSU
    8 Georgia
    9 Auburn
    12 VaTech
    14 LSU
    19 Tennessee
    22 Virginia
    23 UNC

NR Wake, Alabama

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#14 LSU at Wake Forest

Facing their second week of stiff SEC competition, will the Demon Deacons be able to rebound against the LSU offensive attack and Russell Shephard? I don't think so. LSU brings a team about as talented as Florida's to Wake and that spells disaster for the Deacons. The good news, it's at home so maybe Wake has a chance if they get the crowd into the game early. If not, maybe the alumni start giving up season tickets.

#23 UNC at #1 UF

UNC looks outmanned on paper in this one. The Gators dominate every category except pass defense. Turnover margin will likely be the big story in this one and UF is ahead in this category by +6. UNC faces a tough task coming into the Swamp looking for their second win of the season. Will they be able to pull off a huge upset? Lee and Kirk both seem to think so.

Player of the Week
    FSU HB Lonnie Pryor 17 car, 156 yds, 3 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    R. Shephard QB LSU
    A. Miller QB Aub
    M. Barkley QB USC
    R. Harvey HB USC
    L. Pryor HB FSU

2. GoGators

Oh yeah,

ACC 2 (one of these was against the CPU though)
    SEC 2

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Arkansas 14
    Alabama 28

Alabama bounces back from an embarrassing week 2 loss to FSU. In that game AJ McCarron would throw 3 picks, all in the 2nd quarter. Bama was determined not to turn the ball over against a lesser team in Arkansas. McCarron spent most of his day handing off to HB Trent Richardson. Richard would finish the game with 35 carries for 208 yards and 3 TD's. McCarron was efficient with 12/16 passing for 161 yards and a TD.

The defense was tough this game. The only Razorback scores was a Kickoff return for a TD and a late 80 TD run with less than a minute left in the game.

We know we have a long way to go to right the ship, but this was a nice beginning step in the right direction.

On a side note the Crimson Tide had 3 players visiting for this game:
    5* Athlete Calvin holiday
    5* Half Back Kalvin Everson
    4* Defensive Tackle Stanley Jackson

4. GoGators

Hey hey hey, welcome back!!!

Nice game Ceewo. Unfortunately, UF got knocked off, again only by 1 freaking point, by UNC last night. I'm not sure if Jello will do a writeup or not. The Gators struggled at the QB position as RS FR starter Trey Burton only completed 37% of his passes through 3 quarters. The killer was an INT in the red zone that allowed UNC to turn the tide in the game.

UF was able to stop all UNC's playmakers on defense, holding WR Boyd to 2 catches and HB Dallas Kirk to 50 yards. However, in the end, Coach Jello and the Tar Heels found a way to win. The play of the game may have came with 15 seconds left in the game. Florida was down 1 with one timeout left and driving. Freshman QB Mark Price came on in relief in the 4th and connected on a pass over the middle, but the Gators wouldn't get to the line quick enough and the Gators had to burn their final timeout. With only 10 seconds to play, Price had Anthony Martinez wide open on a deep out route that would of put them in FG range and stopped the clock. Unfortunately, the freshman played like a freshman and overthrew the ball leaving UF with only a hail mary attempt that wouldn't be.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Week 3
    #5 Seminoles Continue To Roll, Crush BC 59-3​

The Florida State Seminoles marched up and down the field Saturday in Boston, destroying an overmatched Eagles team 59-3. Florida State outgained Boston College 463 yards to 186. Lonnie Pryor continued his stellar senior season, rushing for 2 TD’s and catching a TD pass as well, all in the first half. The starters played only one series in the 2nd half, allowing the 2nd teamers some valuable playing time.

Next week brings the Hokies of Virginia Tech to town in a key ACC matchup.

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Will Secord 174.8 7 17 192 2 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Lonnie Pryor 15 147 9.1 2

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Lonnie Pryor 1 51 51.0 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Darrell Jones RE 4 3 1 0 1 0 0

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looking foward to it and I don't care if I have to run a goaline D the entire time.....Pryor is finished.

DC Bud Foster is pulling a Buddy Ryan and placed a hit on Pryor.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He's still going to run over, around and through the Hokie defense!!! Im looking forward to this one too. Im hoping I can play a bit better than our game early this week over in the Trifecta.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm at work so I don't have the game stats in front of me and I didn't upload the highlights so I can't access them but I'm going to take advanatage of the forums actually being up.

UNC Steals One In Gainseville Against #1 Gators

This game was a defensive battle throughout in this tightly contested battle between 2 top 25 teams. Things started off as expected early. The Gators ran a speed option where the QB pitched it to Gillisee (who is faster than anyone on UNC's entire team). 1 bad angle by the safety and then 2 missed arm tackles later and Gillisee is in the end zone. That play had the few Heels fans in the stands thinking "this is gonna be ugly." UNC would manage to get a FG to cut the deficit to 7-3 after 1. UNC's defense, despite their poor display of tackling early played very, very well. The would hold the Gators scoreless for the rest of the 1st half.

UNC's offense would use ball control to control the clock and did so very nicely at the end of both halves. In the 2nd quarter, they drove down the field to eat up about the last 3 minutes of the clock when QB Renner would complete a 9 yard TD pass with 20s remaining to put UNC up 10-7. UNC's defense continued to shut down the Gators offense in the 2nd half. They made their FR QB play like a FR. He only completed 37% of his passes and threw 2 picks and was sacked 4 times before finally getting the hook in the 4th quarter. The UNC defense also stifled the Gators ground game as they only allowed 27 yards on 26 carries.

I believe the 3rd quarter was scoreless for both teams. The Gators would get a FG to tie the game up as the UNC offense continued to sputter. There were @ least 3 big 3rd and longs where Renner would hit a receiver in the hands to only have a Gator defender knock the ball away. Early in the 4th the Florida QB hit WR Debose for about a 50 yard TD pass. Prior to this they had done a fairly decent job of blanketing him as their #1 gameplan was to take Debose out of the game and see what the FR QB could do without him. On this play he got past the last layer of defense and no one on the UNC team can catch him from behind. This put FU up 17-10. UNC would once again use great clock management as they drove down the field. They used up about 3 minutes and got the ball down to the 2 yard line with under 1 minute left. HB Dallas Kirk took the pitch and could've gone untouched into the end zone but he dove @ the 1 yard line to force the Gators to burn a TO (this would prove to be huge). The next play Kirk punched it in to cut the lead to 16-17. Coach Jello calls a fake FG as he has no intention whatsoever to play these guys in OT on the road. Florida comes out in a FG defense, but right before the ball is snapped they audible to another defense. As their players are moving around the ball is snapped and the FR #2 QB throws a bullet pass to the back of the end zone to a FR HB for the 2pt conversion. Florida would try to get into FG range, but they didn't have enough TOs remaining and were unable to get there.

Oh yeah. This, plus the Wake victory over LSU makes it:
    ACC - 4
    SEC - 2

9. GoGators

Damn you Jello! What a crappy feeling to wake up to the morning after getting beat by UNC at home. Damn!

I like the ring of this one better:

BCS National Championships:
    SEC - 3
    ACC - 0

Count anything and everything else you want but it's the banners that count boys!

10. GoGators

Damn you Jello! What a crappy feeling to wake up to the morning after getting beat by UNC at home. Damn!

SEC - 3
    ACC - 0

Count anything and everything else you want but it's the banners that count boys!

11. GoGators

SEC - 3
    ACC - 0

12. Hokie Effect

Damn Gator got took on the 2 point conversion again!!! What is that 0/3 defending the game winning 2 point conversion try. I bet you never line up in FG block ever again and I know what your team will be practicing the rest of the week. Having Florida lose early will definately open up the BCS race.

13. GoGators

Florida in no way had a strangle hold on the BCS this season, it's been an open race from the get go.

Yeah that damn 2 pt conversion. I knew he was doing it and audibled too but EA's jackass programmers go ahead and allow a freshman RB to run a 7 yd in route across the formation and make a diving catch off a FG fake before my base defense can even react. Stupid! Taking nothing away from Jello's win last night, but there were a lot of things that happened in that game that I'm just getting fed up with. I can't wait until they fix the gameplay in `11 or so I hope.

Anyways, back on subject. UF won last year with 2 losses. If you're going to lose, lose early. I'm not sure I can get through the SEC this year with my QB play but maybe. I learned somethings last night so who knows what can happen going forward.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

He got lucky against Georgia last year when his psychic defender went superman and deflected my game winning pass.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Georgia beats South Carolina 52-0. Didnt get the stats because I wasnt sure if I would be able to post but Murray threw for over 300 and 5 td's. New starting halfback Carter rushed for about 150 and a score and freshman receiver Smith caught around 8 balls for over 100 yards and 3 touchdowns.

This should pretty much lock down the top two recruits on Georgia's board in the DT Tyler and the 6'5" athlete who looks like a stud receiver down the road. We also insta signed the #4 guy on our board this week.

16. jello1717

One of his favorites was when my 80 SPD TE outran his 91 SPD OLB on a post route for a big 1st down.(y)

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Man Sherm, you trying to knock a brotha down...USC then Miami? GEEZ! lol

i did take them down though, 55-38 I believe...had the game of my life against them.

18. jello1717

Hmmmm. Now you care about some other stat, but a few posts above it, you liked this one:
    even making sure to note that 1 of the ACC wins was against the CPU, and thusly, must not be as important. But now that the ACC is beating up the SEC (for the 2nd year in a row) you want to reach back into history to come up with something new? :dance nana:

19. GoGators

Mo, I'm sorry. Miami is a conference game so you can't blame that one on me.

As for Jello, oh come on. My Florida team has won 2 titles over ACC teams by more points than the regular season games we've lost. So I guess the story goes, the ACC is the paper champs. All hail the preseason powers hahahaha.

20. jello1717

The last time I checked the SEC was made up of more than Florida. You go on and on about how good the SEC is and how weak the ACC is, and yet, in head to head games the last 2 years it's been...
    A-C-C!
    A-C-C!!
    A-C-C!!!
    A-C-C!!!!

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i gotta wait until week 14 to play my ACC/SEC game :(

22. GoGators

Yeah, I blame the jacked up schedules on the ACC this year too haha.

23. jello1717

It's about that time that I'll be playing my 3rd SEC user game (compared to 2 ACC user games).

I think the last 2 years (I played 3 SEC users last year too) UNC has become an honorary member of the SEC.

24. Hokie Effect

Virginia Tech- 45
    Georgia Tech- 0

The Hokies rebounded well from last week's defeat with an impressive 45-0 stomping of the Yellowjackets. Virginia Tech outgained Georgia Tech 525yds-198yds, with most of the Yellowjackets offense coming in the second half against the 2nd team D. David Wilson led the Hokie rushing attack with 173yds 3 TD and Antone Exum combined for 246yds 2 TD on the ground and in the air. The Hokies will be tested again next week as they face FSU and hope to avenge last years imbarressing defeat.

25. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Awfully confident for someone who won by a score....