***2013 Week 5 is open! Deadline Friday 9/20/13 @ Midnight EST***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 18, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job everyone in getting your week 4 games in well under the deadline! The franchise has been advanced and week 5 is now open! The deadline for week 5 will be Friday, 9/20/13 @ midnight EST.

Slider Adjustment:

We have adjust the INTERCEPTIONS slider from 45 down to 40. The reasoning is the amount of interceptions we have seen across the league throughout the first quarter of the season. While the change should slightly lessen the chances of a successful INT for the defense, there will be no change at this time to how the game has played thus far.

Game Play:

There are 2 trends I wanted to bring up as we reach the quarter mark of the season:

• There have been a lot of reports of "Quick Snapping" on offense throughout the start of our season. Please everyone make sure that you are giving the defense adequate time to set and make adjustments. You SHOULD NOT be regularly snapping the ball the moment (or a heartbeat after) your offense has set.
    • We have seen a significant amount of teams utilizing their tight ends and backs as their primary receiving targets in the passing game. While there is nothing wrong with utilizing these players/positions, all teams should be targeting their primary receiver(s) at least an equal (if not a majority) of the time. That's not to say that there won't be games here and there where you take what the defense gives you, but that should be the exception and not the norm.
    Please take a moment to review your own game play and make adjustments as necessary. Thank you all for your anticipated cooperation.

Please remember division games require a recap. The list of required recaps will be posted at a later time (Michael Overman).

Good luck everybody in week 5!

~Jim

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Alonso (ferocious)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David R. (ncsu12ddr)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (coachmimz20)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    Steve (sactown)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

• Like Like x 5
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thank you.

Read and understood. Thank you is in order as well! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

On the interception rule (and I'm not nor do I want this to turn into a slider debate of any means), it seems to me like it is a little bit harder to intercept this year using ball hawk. It doesn't seem to be as "gimme" as last year's game. I just think the passing game is extra hard this year for whatever reason. Just taking a quick look across the league's QB stats as a whole and that's pretty evident. I still don't know what it is, but the passing game is killing folks and I think it speaks to the difficulty in throwing this year more than it does to the play of opposing defenses. Just my .02.

4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I don't think the Ball Hawk feature is on for our league. But I agree I've had a hard time intercepting balls. Do the sliders affect a manually controlled player or just the CPU players?

5. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

The sliders effect the ability to catch an interception. I actually think 40 is still too high. You see Vontae Davis breaking NFL records with 6 ints in one game and across the board you have guys throwing an average of 2-3 ints per game.

• Like Like x 2
  6. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Hey hey leave Vontae out of this, that man is a beast :D, but yes i agree

• Like Like x 2
  7. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

I have thrown 14 ints. in 4 games......but most of them are completely on me....... & my guys were already dropping the ball on defense... too bad I have a bye this week..... wouldve broke Vontae's int. record!

• Like Like x 3
  8. CHUNKNESS

Get it right man, it was FIVE! ;)

VD was like gonorrhea on a hooker in that affair. All kidding aside, part of his BIG game may be due to my lack of Madden knowledge (user error) and part of it may be due to my team's lack of CPU ability. However, I look at my team and like to think I've got a pretty good team built. As Jon indicated, I will take the blame for a LOT of my INT's. But the INT counts were incredibly high through the first 4 weeks in general effecting multiple teams/users. Hopefully the decrease in the INT slider will help curtail those turnovers.

I've voiced this to Jim privately already, but I would much rather keep the pass coverage tight rather than the converse. Once we open up the passing game, we will have a pass happy league and scores would most likely be inflated due to that. I, personally, like that curl, slant, and in/out routes aren't "gimmie" routes any longer if a team calls the appropriate coverage on defense. I know that Jim and Michael are fully aware of the INT and coverage concerns that some people have. Don't feel like it goes unnoticed and everything is "status quo." Those two will gather plenty of intelligence, perform game testing, and make league adjustments if deemed appropriate and necessary.

• Like Like x 6
  9. thafuture3886

you could have used a better analogy lol :yuck:

• Like Like x 2
  10. CHUNKNESS

He was a dirty f*cker in that game. He deserved that analogy! :grumpy: :p

• Like Like x 3
  11. heathh

heathh Walk On

Ive thrown 4 Ints all season and 2 of them were my fault where I hit the wrong button and threw a covered receiver. The other 2 where just great plays! Its my fault if I force passes I think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CHUNKNESS

says the man who has Matt Stafford at QB... ;)

Great work, though, Heath! You have definitely made a statement up there in the NFC North!

• Like Like x 1
  13. heathh

heathh Walk On

No I'm not bragging. I'm just saying if you force oasses they will ge picked off. I've had at least 3 ints dropped. Lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

The passing game is extremely hard this year for whatever reason. I feel like my QB throws to the DBs instead of my receivers and it is frustrating!! Either that or the DB's are always in the perfect position. My WR's don't really go for the ball like the DB's do, it doesn't make sense.

15. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  16. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I have to agree with this change in the sliders... i have thrown 15 INTs in 4 games. Granted i suck and most of the INTs are on me, but i have not seen any defenders drop and int yet. Also, this maybe cuz my WR suck, but i have seen zero separation from my WRs. The deep ball is no-existent at least on my team. There has not been a time that i have been able to go over the top of the defense, and every time i have tried it has been picked up by the corner. Like some else said the WR seem to not go for the ball.

Now that i have that out of my system (being 0-4 makes you said stupid Sh*t). i have a question regarding controlling the WR while the ball is in the air. Could i control the WR and adjust the route to get in position to make the catch? It seems like the defensive guy can be manually controlled or at least my opponents have been doing it, now could i do the same with the WR?

thanks

17. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Here goes my .2, I do see the INT stats and all. It does seem that passing is harder this season, but I totally disagree with this. Ok, I threw 4 INT's last night after the advance to the sliders at 40 and I can tell you straight forward that all those were on me as the passer and trying to force it in. One was a hell of a catch by the LB on the middle by the goal line.

Simple as this, if the defender is within 2-4 yards from the WR he is covering. Expect a pick or a bat down. Owners just gotta be more protective of the ball. And instead of blaming the sliders, take accountability for your own mistakes. I used to blame the sliders all the time too, but once I started to record my games and seeing them, thats when I knew that the mistakes were mine and mine only, not the sliders or super defense. If anything I think the running game is easier but that just me. I could of ran more on the Giants and my boy James last night, but to keep it sim and balanced well there went my perfect season and 4 INT's.

To answer this Miki1369 , yeah honestly your WR suck LOL....J/k. But I also dont see a problem with this, DJax and Macklin have been burning defenders over the top all 4 games, I just dont throw it deep too much, maybe one or twice a game. Simple as this if you dont put a Safety over the top on these two, the CB will get burned 99% of the time. This might help you as Ive noticed a difference when throwing. As you release the lob pass hold the left stick up so you can lead the WR and not just lob it. Because if you just lob it and the WR has to wait for it, then the CB will have enough time to make up ground and pick it off. Another thing Mike and Im sure Jim, Michael and Doug will agree with this as its in the rules. You can take control of the WR to fight for a ball. But you cant to zig zag and confuse the CB or to manually rocket catch. Hope this helps.

Ill be posting videos from last nights games vs the Giants which I lost, and show you my mistakes and were my 4 INT's came from. Nothing to do with sliders. And also how the deep passes look.

ZO

• Like Like x 3
  18. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

The Ball Hawk feature you have to change it yourself Moe on the league settings, as the manually strafe for defenders. I know this because I changed mine since it was off on both categories.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

On this Loren I used to think the same, but I thought the same last Madden also, I guess it has to do with you having to hold the triangle button and not just tapping it like before. So on fast passes you as the defender have to be quick to switch to the covering man and hold triangle. But the Ball Hawk is most efective on deep passes were you have time to get in position and then do the ball hawk. Remember the Ball Hawk feature is used to fight for the ball at its highest point. I also have trouble with this, thats why sometimes I just let the CPU do its thing and I wont switch to the closest defender. The CPU does a pretty good job on INT's too. LOL, Better then me sometimes....

20. thafuture3886

I also think the high interceptions also have to factor in user error as everyone, including myself feels they can fit a pass into a tight space more often than not and it ends up being intercepted. Instead of forcing a pass into a tight space try throwing it away sometime and that way you can live to fight another play.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Were was this HINT last night Curtis???? :confused:, :p:p.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Thanks ZO, yeah on the deep ball i have seen the WR keep going while the ball is intercepted 5 yards behind him. I don't want to zig zag with the WR, all i want to know is, if its okay to control the WR while the ball is in the air and maybe slow down a bit or move him to where the ball is so i can at least give him a chance to catch the damn ball.

A perfect example happened on my last game against the Bucs, I threw a fade pass to the end zone from like the 35 yard line and Fitzgerald had revis beat, but instead of jumping for the ball he keep going to the back of the end zone while my opponent controlled CB Rives and jumped in front of the WR and made the INT.

Now if i would had control the WR i would had just stop and jump for the damn thing.

That's what i want to know about controlling the WR. Maybe that way i dont throw over 60 INTs this season (damn im on pace for that).

• Like Like x 1
  23. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Yeah try that lob pass hint I gave you. It helps a ton, this way you will see the QB over shoot the WR or at least lead him to were only he can catch it in stride. As for the controlling the WR, that is perfectly fine if you want to control the WR to fight for the ball. Just no rocket catch. And also controlling the WR to slow down or move him to were the ball is fine as per rules.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 1
  25. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Recap posted although in the wrong form, could it be moved? I have no problem with the INT sliders. Most if not all the ones in my games where because of trying to force balls I know i tend to do that myself. Another thing that is frustrating is when the WR route is a timing route and he takes longer to break or stop on his cut . Seen that a few times but it all adds to realism to the game IMO

• Like Like x 1