2013 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Week 5

We are now into week 5. No user games this week. Next ADV no later than sunday night at 10 pm EST time.

Game of the Week:

#4 Penn St (hokie effect) @ #10 Wisconsin

Don't forget your write-ups guys and make sure you have posted in the thread about complaints before we advance again.

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Kansas State 14
    Oklahoma 17

Oklahoma cannot seem to get anything going on offense. The passing game has struggled. We relied heavily on Junior HB Stephen Houston who carried the ball 29 times for 162 yards and TD.

The defense made a couple of huge plays that save the game for the Sooners. CB Gabe Lynn had a nice pick in the end zone right before half-time. Late in the game K-State was driving down for the tie or win, on 4th down Junior DE Shelton Watson came up huge with his 2nd sack of the day, saving the game for the Sooners.

Next up a huge game against Texas. The offense better be ready to hit the practice fields this week.

3. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 48
    Missouri - 7

Texas Blasts Missouri to Open Conference Play

The Texas Longhorns came out firing on all cylinders today in a dominating win in Missouri. Texas used a balanced offense and a crushing defense to start conference play with a victory. The offense put up 508 yards (224 rushing and 284 passing). The defense held the Tigers to just 136 yards of total offense. Missouri's run game was nonexistant and ended the game with -17 yards on 19 carries.

Texas will next travel to the Cotton Bowl to face Oklahoma in the Red River Shootout.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Iowa 24
    Michigan 44

The Wolverines return to Ann Arbor victorious after the loss to USC and last weeks bye with a win against Big Ten for Iowa. The 20 point victory came on the back of a stingy and opportunistic Michigan defense who collected 10 tackles for loss, 7 sacks and 3 interceptions en route to scoring two defensive touchdowns. SR DE Anthony Lalota accounted for 7 tackles, 3 of which were for a loss, and 4 sacks while JR DE Craig Roh had 6 tackles, 2 for a loss, one sack and a 54 yard fumble return for a TD. Roh was named MVP of the game. Next week Michigan takes on Indiana in Bloomington.

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va tech- 49
    Duke- 20

In what was a fairly close game the Hokies come up with a 28 point 4th qtr to blow out the blue devils as QB Gregory had a career day throwing for 294 yards and 4tds. Two of which were to Freshman phenom Derwin Davisvwho had 4 catches for 143 yards. Heisman leadman David Wilson turned in yet another great game going for 148 yards and 2tds before being injured late in the 4th when coach DJ decided his services were no longer needed and left him out. Va Tech is still eyeing an undefeated season as the only hurdle they see is in conference rival Miami who won on a late game ending FG.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 31
    ASU - 36

Let another close one get away with this one. 3 more picks for the Freshman QB. I took the lead early in the 4th quarter only to have the kick off returned for a TD. They stopped me and scored again and it was pretty much over. Had a chance for miracle with 18 seconds left but threw my final INT to seal the win for the Sun Devils. Next up, we travel north to Berkley to face the Cal Golden Bears in a key game for us.

7. Hova

#1 USC 63
    Washington 6

USC totally destroys Washington at home Saturday. QB Matt Barkely got to end his day early in the 3rd QTR after leading the trojan offense to a blowout lead. He had 358 yards passing and 5 TDs, throwing no interceptions after having some trouble with this recently. Defense held strong most of the game as well. USC continues their march to glory next week when they head to the desert in Arizona.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

#4 Penn State- 63
    #10 Wisconsin- 10

The well rested Nittany Lions beat down the Badgers outgaining Wisconsin 578yds to 265yds. The Penn State offense was effecient and balanced, but starting QB Jonathan Johnson who had been playing great this season goes down to injury early in the 1st half. Penn State didn't skip a beat with back Anthony Jenkins who threw for 219yds 2 TD and added 2 more TD on the ground. Johnson will be out 4 weeks, but if Jenkins can manage the offense Penn State should have their starting QB back for the conference deciding match up against Ohio State.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 56
    NC State 21

NC State's running back Washington is a beast. He broke two huge runs on my defense, including a sick stiff arm (see link below). When he wasn't destroying my defense the NC State didn't do much. On on the offensive side Highsmith led the charge for Miami. He had 3 TD passes and 2 TD rushes. Freshman Reid was the recipient of 2 of the TD receptions. In bad news for Miami the team's best defensive player, LB Clint Morgan, will be out for 4 weeks.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18315477

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

3rd and goal, 5 seconds remaining. Texas Tech leading 28 to 24, only a TD will do. Kansas Jayhawks 3rd string HB, (an 81 overall) 5'11" 178lb Bryce Robertson sweeps right out of a shotgun formation, but is met in the backfield by the 6'7" 219lbs SS Sammie Dickens (who had 11 tackled, 3 for a loss on the day), and by the 6'3" 280lbs All-Amercian DE, Jake Paul.
    [​IMG]

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

TD JAYHAWKS!​

Kansas 31
    Texas Tech 28

I don't know how better to summarize.

12. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Ducks - 23
    Notre Dame - 17

Score should have been at least 32-17, but my kicker pushed three field goals wide right. The game was never really in question thanks to Brian Perkins running for over 120 yards and his backup (Wilcox) also having a solid day running the ball. The Duck defense came up big with two fourth-down holds and several stops on third down as well.

13. Hova

Wow that blows harris

14. Hova

I'll try to advance tonight If i have time If FSU plays today. If not I may not be able to get on until sunday evening to advance, just a heads up for you guys

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

getting on now