***2013 Week 6 is open! Deadline Monday 9/23/13 @ Midnight EST***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 21, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job everyone in getting your week 5 games in! The franchise has been advanced and week 6 is now open! The deadline for week 6 will be Monday, 9/23/13 @ midnight EST.

Slider Adjustment:

N/A

Game Play:

(To Reiterate)

There are 2 trends I wanted to bring up as we reach the quarter mark of the season:

• There have been a lot of reports of "Quick Snapping" on offense throughout the start of our season. Please everyone make sure that you are giving the defense adequate time to set and make adjustments. You SHOULD NOT be regularly snapping the ball the moment (or a heartbeat after) your offense has set.
    • We have seen a significant amount of teams utilizing their tight ends and backs as their primary receiving targets in the passing game. While there is nothing wrong with utilizing these players/positions, all teams should be targeting their primary receiver(s) at least an equal (if not a majority) of the time. That's not to say that there won't be games here and there where you take what the defense gives you, but that should be the exception and not the norm.
    Please take a moment to review your own game play and make adjustments as necessary. Thank you all for your anticipated cooperation.

Please remember division games require a recap. The list of required recaps will be posted at a later time (Michael Overman).

Good luck everybody in week 6!

~Jim

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Alonso (ferocious)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David R. (ncsu12ddr)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (coachmimz20)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    Steve (sactown)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Read and understood (again). Thx Jim!

I would also like to touch on a trend that I have noticed with the "run free" feature in this year's version of Madden. I notice that opponents have a tendency to utilize the "run free" features before they engage with a defender and/or they use multiple spins/jukes in attempt to completely confuse the AI in a blaze of fury. I have absolutely no problem with guys using the "run free" feature as I think it is a great addition to the game. However, please remind yourself that we are playing in a sim league. Use it tastefully as you believe you would see players making moves on a football field; not in an arcade game. Please understand that this message is NOT directed toward anyone in particular, nor do I believe it is a reason why any team in particular is winning games. It is just an observation that I have made in my own league games, scrimmages, or video highlights from other games. I think everyone should be mindful of this as well in order to maintain the integrity of our league play. (y)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  4. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

I think there were only 3 remaining games?

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Correct. They will be played (or simmed in the case of the Cardinals/49ers) tonight... Saints/Patriots, Cardinals/49ers, Redskins/Cowboys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Done...

7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I ended up simming the game between me and the 49ers