2013 - Week 6

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by TEClemson53, Aug 3, 2013.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Boilermakers were idle.
    This week, the Boilermakers will host Wisconsin (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Brandon Rice has committed to Iowa

=============== Northwestern Wildcats (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Northwestern won 48-38 against Miami University (1-2).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Northwestern targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #16 Arizona State Sun Devils (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 42-32 against USC (3-2).
    This week, the Sun Devils are idle.

=============== California Golden Bears (3-2) ===============
    Last week, California won 42-38 against Oregon (2-2).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Washington State (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following California targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Russell Harris has committed to San Jose State

=============== Michigan State Spartans (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State won 31-27 against Penn State (1-4).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Iowa City to face the #24 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 34-14 against Colorado (2-3).
    This week, the Beavers will host #13 Arizona (4-0).

=============== Washington Huskies (2-2) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies will host Stanford (1-3).

=============== #17 West Virginia Mountaineers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, West Virginia won 37-19 against Indiana (1-4).
    This week, the Mountaineers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following West Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Patrick Johnson has committed to West Virginia

=============== Utah Utes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 23-17 against UTSA (1-3).
    This week, the Utes travel to Pasadena to face the #20 UCLA Bruins (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Alex Weber has committed to Colorado State

=============== #13 Arizona Wildcats (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 41-20 against Texas State (2-2).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (3-2).

=============== #24 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 41-14 against Minnesota (1-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Michigan State (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Maryland Terrapins (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Maryland won 31-29 against Nebraska (3-2).
    This week, the Terrapins travel to Tallahassee to face the Florida State Seminoles (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Terrell Watson has committed to Maryland

2. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

slow day...

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I've been trying to post all day. Damn thing hasn't let me

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah I was trying to post a new thread today.

As far as content goes, the only idea I've had that doesn't look like its being done yet is like coach interviews throughout the season. ??

Is there anything else people would like to see?

6. PAgamer07

Text his ass :)

7. PAgamer07

Anything...

Coach interviews, recruiting, players, stats, power rankings, conference blogs, previews, etc, etc

8. BDSDIGITAL

Some of that is already being done though isn't it? I've done power rankings a bunch in the past but I thought someone else was doing them.

9. PAgamer07

Nope. I did them before the reboot. But that's it. Someone or yourself can also follow offensive or defensive players of the year possibly

10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Stanford's offense was able to make some plays thanks to the lack of Washington defense. The Huskies defense did force Kevin Hogan into one mistake in the third quarter as Tutogi picked off his pass and set the UW offense up on the six yard line. Bishop Sankey would run up the middle on the next play for the go ahead TD. Price and the run game would go into control mode in the fourth to help give Washington a 31-28 win.

[​IMG]
    K. Hogan: 16/24 66% 279-Yds 1-TD 1-INT
    A. Wilkerson: 24-Att 128-Yds 2-TD
    D. Cajuste: 4-Rec 76-Yds

[​IMG]
    K. Price: 17/23 73% 240-Yds, 8-Att 51-Yds 2-TD
    B. Sankey: 16-Att 82-Yds 1-TD
    A. Seferian-Jenkins: 4-Rec 91-Yds

• Like Like x 1
  11. BDSDIGITAL

Ok ill do coach interviews.

12. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Iowa escapes at home 21-20

[​IMG]

Jordan Cotton hops into the endzone for his first of 2 touchdowns on the day

#24 Iowa played host to Michigan State this week renewing a very old coaching rivalry between Coach Carder and Coach Smith who haven't played each other in about 2 years. This rivalry game didn't disappoint as this game went down to the wire.

Iowa won the toss and elected to receive and then proceeded to march the ball down the field with a very balanced attack to keep the Spartan defense on there toes. The drive was capped off by a Mark Weisman 1 yard touchdown run to give Iowa an early 7-0 lead. Michigan State would respond on there first drive but they were close to not getting any point but Iowa safety Tanner Smith didn't react when Spartan quarterback Andrew Maxwell threw a corner route into triple coverage and then a few plays later FB Niko Palazeti punched it in from 3 yards out to tie the game at 7. The first play of the Hawkeyes next drive was a turnover as the coaching staff wanted to take a shot deep but the pass was picked off and gave the Spartans great field position to start there next drive which would take up the rest of the first quarter.

The Iowa defense was able to hold Michigan State to a field goal after the turnover to make it 10-7 Spartans. The Iowa offense then got shutdown by the Michigan State defense and was forced to punt. On the second play of there next drive Andrew Maxwell hit Tony Lippett over the middle and split the safetys and ran 83 yards for the touchdown to make it 17-7 5 minutes before the half. Iowa desperately needed points on there next drive and they got it as on there 3rd play of the next drive Jake Rudock found Jordan Cotton who jumped in front of the diving safety to catch the ball and then scooted 75 yards for the touchdown to pull the Hawkeyes within 3. Both defense's clamped down after that Maurice Fleming picked off Maxwell on there next drive and then Rudock gave it right back to head into the half down 17-14.

Both defenses played lights out in the second half especially Iowa's and in the third the Iowa offense was able to hit another big pass play with Jordan Cotton who was able to make a defender miss and then scampered 60 yards for the touchdown to make it 21-17 heading to the 4th.

The fourth quarter was insane, both offense's struggled to move the ball but then Michigan State went on a drive and started getting things rolling and were literally running at will and gaining 4-5 yards a run and they would also convert multiple 3rd downs and that was chewing up the clock, which in the back of every Hawkeye fan was these guys are gonna run the clock out and score with no time left to win. Michigan State would get points but it was only a field goal after the Spartan tightend dropped a crucial 3rd down to make it 21-20 Iowa with 2:42 left and Michigan State had all 3 timouts remaining. All Iowa had to do was convert some first downs and this game was over. First play of the drive was a short 3 yard run, then Rudock would find his tight end CJ Fiedorowicz for a 35 yard gain and got the Hawkeyes just inside the 50. On the ensuing first down the Iowa offense was in no hurry to snap the ball and snapped it with 1 second left on the play clock and ran it for 2 yards time out Michigan State. Knowing Michigan State is expecting the run Iowa tried to hit a quick slant to Cotton who dropped it but Jordan Cotton would redeem himself on third down as he would be the target again and jumped up made the catch but was being mauled by 3 Spartan defenders trying to knock it out but were unsuccessful first down Iowa. After back to back runs and the rest of the Spartan timeouts used,Iowa was faced with a 3rd and 4 and Weisman was only able to get 3 yards but the clock was running. Unfortunately for Iowa if they kicked the field goal now Michigan State would have had 30+ seconds or so to return the kick and let there offense get a crack at the win so instead of kicking the field goal Iowa elected to go for it and the win and if they didnt get it Michigan State had to start on there own 4 yard line and get into field goal range. So here it was the biggest play of the game and Jake Rudock kept it on the QB sneak and got the first and one kneel down later the game was over. Iowa wins 21-20.

Great Game again @BDSDIGITAL

[​IMG]
    QB Jake Rudock 8-14 256 Yards 2 TD 2 INT
    RB Mark Weisman 16 Att 42 Yards 1 TD
    WR Jordan Cotton 4 Rec 180 Yards 2 TD
    DEF James Morris 5 Tackles 2 Sacks 1 INT

[​IMG]

QB Andrew Maxwell 12-20 236 Yards 1 TD 3 INT
    RB Nick Hill 23 Att 99 Yards
    WR Tony Lippett 3 Rec 94 Yards 1 TD
    DEF Darqueze Dennard 2 INTS

13. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah great game. Gut wrenching loss. I should have scored on the drive early in the 4th and should have scored a td on my last drive. I briefly thought about going for it on 4th on that drive instead of the fg, my thought was either way I was going to have to make a stop on defense to win regardless of the result of that drive. I thought getting my 3 points was my best bet. Down 1, had I made the stop and gotten the ball back, I think I could've gotten back into fg range to win it with the way I was moving the ball in the second half. Hindsight being 20/20 I probably would go for it, but I think I made the right decision. Just didn't work out for me that time. What would everyone else have done? Just curious.

Two things Iowa does really well 1. They make you pay for getting lazy. I threw a few lazy passes and he made me pay for all of them. 2. His defense didnt fare well on 3rd downs in the game as a whole, but on every crucial 3rd down they got the stop they needed.

It was a heart breaker. Hats off to you. That probably cost me a shot at the division.

• Like Like x 2
  14. PAgamer07

Sounds like a great game. When in doubt take the points on the road go for it at home...
    Can't remember who said that but that's my philosophy

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Idk you might still win the division as im gonna be gone all next week (Tuesday-Sunday) so im gonna miss @NW(Chad) @Wisconsin, and possibly my home game against PA. So you never know, but yea man great game and to answer your question about going for it or kicking the field goal...I would have gone for especially with the 3 timeouts and you were deep into my side of the field.

16. BDSDIGITAL

That won't be my only conference loss unfortunately.

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

The game froze for both Perry & I when we tried to upload highlights or report back to the main screen so no story on the dynasty wire = no stats...... but I do have this

• Like Like x 1