2013 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 22, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2013 Week 6

2013 Week 6!

Next advance deadline is:
    When I Tell the GF You Guys are Done

Sliders have been changed guys. May want to practice before kicking off this weeks game. Offensively, the CPU has an upgraded rushing attack and defensively they have a better pass rush.

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    2 FSU (20)
    3 Auburn
    7 Florida
    9 Clemson
    10 UNC
    11 VaTech
    13 Virginia
    15 Wake Forest
    23 Tennessee

NR Alabama, LSU, Georgia

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#9 Clemson at #13 Virginia

This should be a big game in the ACC. Clemson has some work to do after getting knocked off by Wake Forest last week. Virginia can prove they're ready to step up to the ACC CG this weekend by knocking off one of the typical contenders. I still like Clemson.

Alabama at Georgia (wow, UGA got upset last week w/the CPU sim ouch)

Coming off a devestating loss to Vanderbilt last week 13-18, the Bulldogs hopes of the SEC championship game may already be over. They'll need a big win against Alabama if they want to get the ship back on course. New comer coach Ceewo gets his first shot at SEC action taking on a tough UGA team. I think the Bulldogs will have plenty to prove this week so look out Tide. I'd say you're on the tracks and the train is coming through.

#2 FSU at #15 Wake Forest

WTF??? The noles don't belong being at the #2 spot in the nation. Wake Forest is coming off a big win versus Clemson last weekend and they've already surprised the ACC, can they continue by knocking off the Noles this weekend??? I've seen some of the Noles gametape, and coach Reccheem is continuing to become a better coach and it shows in his players. Wake won't have the squad to keep up in this one. FSU by 14 and Lonnie Pryor may go for 200+ again this week.

Player of the Week
    Alabama HB Trent Richardson, 30 car, 222 yds, 4 TDs, 10 rec yds

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    L. Pryor HB FSU
    R. Shephard QB LSU
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    J. Macklin WR PSU
    D. Allen QB OU
    L. Pryor HB FSU

2. GoGators

Miss 24
    #7 UF 41

Ground and Pound

The Gators took care of business at home against Ole Miss as they played host to numerous big name recruits this weekend. The Gators found a whole new arsenal to their offense after weeks of practice, the spread running game is finally coming to be.

The Gators displayed amazing balance as they rushed for 223 yds and passed for 205. Led by Freshman QB Mark Price, the Gators offense is looking sweet. The froshie knows this is his chance to prove he deserves the starting role while starter Trey Burton is on the shelf with an injury.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Miss
    UF​
    First Downs
    18​
    14​
    Total Offense
    444​
    428​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    41-216-1​
    32-223-3​
    Comp-Att-TD
    22-31-2​
    9-13-2​
    Passing Yards
    228​
    205​
    3rd Down Conv
    7-16 (43%)​
    5-7 (71%)​
    Turnovers
    0​
    1​
    T.O.P. 15:53 12:25

Players of the Game:
    Game BallQB M. Price 252.4 rating, 9/13, 205 yds, 2 TDs, 17 car, 114 yds, 2 TDs​

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What happened with Georiga and Vandy? Was that game simmed? I can't see Cole actually losing that game.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks for the kiss of death Gators!!!

FSU got whooped at Wake, 52-31. Too many turnovers, too much passing and I just couldnt get Wakes offense off the field. I have to figure out how to play defense again. Good game Wellar. Thank god you dont have a really good team or you would have wiped the floor with me!!!

5. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Wake Knocks Off Another Top Ranked Team

Those pesky Demon Deacons are at it again

After pulling off a major upset in week 5 taking out the number #1 Clemson team with a last second FG to win the game as time expires, Wake was up against #2 Florida State. No doubt Wake Forest has one of the toughest schedules in the NCAA but coming into the season unranked the Demon Deacons look to capitalize on this opportunity.

The Seminals won the opening coin toss and in my opinion made a poor choice to kick off the game as Wake marched down the field capping off a 48 yard run by FR HB James Williams. Down by 7 late in the 2nd quarter Florida State looked to tie it up before the half but they threw there first on 4 INTs on the day, this one resulting in a pick 6.

In the second half Florida State looked to make a comeback, scoring a TD then forcing Stewart to throw a bad pass resulting in a pick 6 for the Seminals tying the ball game back up. From this point on Wake did not look back. Late in the 3rd quarter on a 3rd and 14 Wake was looking to run the ball and take the 3 points making it a 2 possession game but James Williams had other plans, breaking free for a 21 yard TD run. Williams scored 1 more TDs rushing for 200 Yards on 22 Attempts scoring 4 total TDs.

Wakes defence played great, they struggled to stop the run early on but they were successful in causing huge turnovers, 2 in the red zone. Controlling the ball nearly 2/3s of the game Wake dominated #2 Florida State winning their second consecutive big upset 52-31

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    FSU
    Wake​
    First Downs
    15​
    17​
    Total Offense
    361​
    405​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    23-121-1​
    36-205-4​
    Comp-Att-TD
    12-17-2​
    15-18-2​
    Passing Yards
    240​
    200​
    3rd Down Conv
    2-4 (50%)​
    3-6 (50%)​
    Turnovers
    5​
    1​
    T.O.P. 10:32 18:23

[YOUTUBE]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnFJ4DV2UB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnFJ4DV2UB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#9 Clemson - 34
    #12 Virginia - 33

(Virginia had a 16-3 lead at half before I got booted off the game, so we agreed to play the restart like it was the third quarter.) Down by 13, Clemson got the ball first in the second half. Clemson looked to be doomed when Virginia picked off yet another pass but near the redzone, All-American DE Malliciah Goodman picked off a Virginia pass and returned it 80+ yards for the score to cut the lead to 6. From here, the teams would exchange a couple of scores before Virginia threw a pass to a wide open WR with 27 seconds left to take a 2 point lead. With the season on the line, Clemson (with all 3 time outs) drove down the field to get into field goal range and K Michael Lewis did the rest to give Clemson the 1 point victory. Next week, Clemson takes on NC State in Raleigh.

7. GoGators

I said FSU didn't belong as #2 in the nation. Thanks for proving that correct. Didn't see Wake beating the Noles though. WOW!!!

Wonder how coach Hokie is feeling now???

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I thought you wanted me to win and be ranked as high as possible and then beat the tar out of me at the end of the season at the Swamp, getting another crack at the BCS title game.

Wellar played great. I cant win too many games with 5 turnovers. We'll regroup and see how the rest of the season plays out.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I won't get my rematch in the ACCCG and it looks like Wake will have to wait to see who their opponent will be. Again my season comes down to 2 games, UNC and UVA.

But yeah I wish I could figure out how to stop Pryor. He burned me in another OD too.

10. GoGators

I think you should quit trying to recruit that WR this season and go after better LB's and Safeties to make tackles for you.

11. Hokie Effect

Probably so....but I am only recruiting that WR because you are...

12. GoGators

13. jello1717

Veddy inturesting!

Hokie and Noles initially both went after that HB that I signed. Noles persisted and lost, but Hokie dropped out after a week or 2.

Clearly he's much more afraid to recruit against UNC than he is to recruit against FU. (Of course one should be more afraid to recruit against an ACC school than some school from the crappy SEC).

14. GoGators

I think it goes back to the fact that the recruits know they'll be able to make a bigger impact at schools other than UF. Here, they'll just be another superb athlete in the crowd of many.

15. Hokie Effect

I am hoping when you get back home from your trip and log onto the OD for the first time in a week you soon discover that I am 1 more WR richer.

sidenote- I like the idea of spending sometime on the slopes at Lake Tahoe/Reno area than hittting up Vegas and making a week out of it. I might look into it next year. I make a yearly Vegas trip (May 8-12 this year), but never thought about stacking it with skiing.

16. GoGators

This is the first time doing it in Reno. I probably wouldn't do it again. There's a huge lack of direct flights from Reno to Vegas. Why, is beyond me. I'm going there due to some other people I know already being there and then hooking up with another group in Vegas after that. If you're going to look into it, assuming you're flying from the east coast like me (atlanta), I'd advise Salt Lake City/Park City as your ski destination. Pretty close and that's where my connecting flight from Reno to Vegas is through. Should save you a lot of time and money and Park City's pretty cool if you haven't been there yet. I made it out there last year for the first time and it was cool. You can grab a shuttle from the airport and once you're in PC, there's free shuttles running everywhere all the time. You won't need to rent a car which is huge in cutting costs.

17. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Yeah...but... its UTAH

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Alabama 10 @ Georgia 27

--After missing a head coach for a couple games the Bulldogs came out sloppy early. All American Aarron Murray threw two interceptions on two possesions leading to a 10-0 Bama lead.
    The Dawgs settle down on their next possession as redshirt freshman Chris Crawford gashed the Tide defense for big gain afterbig gain. Tony carter capped the drive with a 1 yard touchdown run to put Georgia on the board. The Bulldawgs didn't look back after that as the defense forced three turnovers and the offense moved the ball at will.
    The biggest play of the game came in the second quarter when Murray completed a 10 yard pass to receiver DJ Cox. Murray didnt get up after being and will be lost for the season. Murray finishes his career with some impressive numbers. 129 cmp, 204 att, 2115 yds, 24 tds, and only 4 ints. Starting tailback Tony Carter also went down in the game but Crawford filled in valiantly with 22 att, 153 yds, and 2 touchdowns. Orson Charles lead the receivers with 5 catches for 58 yards but dropped two balls at the goalline that should have been scores.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I blew it against Clemson...nevermind the fact I forgot I would be up by 2 if i kicked the XP lol...I still threw way too many INT's and my initial gameplan of pounding the rock went out the window when my star RB left the game with an injury...UGH! So I was forced to pass way too much for my liking when my WR's are subpar to be honest.

20. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Hey now no complaining about subpar WR's...take a look at mine, i don't think you can recruit worse if you tried lol

21. jello1717

Heels Survive Against 0-4 Maryland, 35-28

Maryland began the game by taking the opening KO to the house for a TD. On their 1st possession they marched down the field for another TD to take a 14-7 lead. UNC didn't get their 1st lead of the game until 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. We ran the ball decently, but had trouble on offense all day. Luckily Maryland's KR for a TD was answered at the end of the 3td quarter when Morris Brown returned one 77 yards for his own TD.

QB Bryn Renner was harassed all day as he would get sacked 6 times. He also threw a pick 6 with 3:46 remaining in the game to cut our lead to 35-28. Luckily for us, Mayland's 3rd INT on the day would end any hopes they had of tying the game. Dallas Kirk ran for 120 yards and 2 TDs on 27 carries to lead the offense.

Next for Carolina is a trip to beautiful Hawai'i.

22. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Im the only one left and will get it in sometime Wednesday... I played 2 user games Tuesday and just chilled the rest of the time...

23. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I think I still have recruiting to do. I will be on by 4:30pm central and knock it out.

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn blows out Hawai'i 66-20.
    Dontae Aycock straight tore it up, a more elaborate summary will come tonight in the mix of class, practice and class

25. jello1717

Man! I can't imagine what's going to happen when I start playing good teams! Everyone is destroying the CPU teams while I struggle with powerhouses like NC State and 0-4 Maryland!