2013 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Week 7

We are now into week 7. No user games again, keep up the fast pace. Still looking for an ACC owner.

Game of the Week:

#14 Wisconsin @ #3 Ohio St (maslerboros16)

Next advance no later than weds night at 11pm EST

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Minnesota 14
    Michigan 17

The Little Brown Jug stays in Ann Arbor after a Michigan 17 - 14 victory over the Gophers. The best stat on the day was Chris Parker's 0 interceptions after a horrible showing one week ago against Indiana. Senior bookends Criag Roh and Anthony Lalota combined for 11 tackles, 4 for a loss and Lalota's 2 sacks. Michigan's record is now even at 3 - 3 with next week's game against Illinois ahead.

On a side note Lalota's two sacks has his career mark at 39 just five behind the 44 put up by now Baltimore Ravens All-Pro Terrell Suggs during his Sun Devils career from 2000 - 2002.

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Oklahoma 42
    Kansas 20

Oklahoma finally put together a complete game. The Sooners played their first game without turning the ball over. Turnovers had killed us in a couple of games. QB Culp would settle down and not force any throws. He finished with 2 TD's. We used a mixed assault in the first half while building a 28-6 lead. After the half Oklahoma would just grind out the ball. The ground game finished with 33 carries for 176 yards and 4 TD's. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and not just a lucky game against Kansas.

On a recruiting note, the Sooners signed two players this week. First was 3 Star MLB Ryan West. The other was 5 star WR A.J. Brooks. We are excited about this signing. Hopefully he will provide a spark to our passing game. We also got a soft comit from 5 star wideout Andy Marks. Hopefully we will be able to announce his signing next week.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 27
    Florida State 13

The Seminoles came into the game reeling from the stunning coaching change but overall the team performed well in its first game under its new coach. A couple missed field goals were the difference in the first half and Miami took a 7 point lead into the half. Points did not come easy for Miami in the first 3 quarters. Starting QB Highsmith was injured in the first quarter and backup Austin was rattled in front of the wild Seminoles crowd. Highsmith returned midway through the fourth quarter to throw the go ahead TD. He also connected on a nice deep ball that helped Miami score its final TD.

Overall this was a well played game on both sides. Florida State moved the ball well but had trouble getting touchdowns. They had to kick field goals on multiple trips inside the 30 yard line. Miami also was shut down in the red zone on a couple occasions, including one where the team was inside its opponents 5-yard line.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 56

Wisconsin 42

Scary game as the Badgers nearly pull off the upset. Full summary in thread.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah not sure what goes on wit the cpu games, as you noted in your summary thread I had no problem against a highly ranked at the time Wisconsin team, but then I almost lose to an unranked team with a losing record in Minnesota last week.

Looking foward to our game as both of us should be undefeated and ranked top 3. I know you still have that bitter taste of last years game being up 21-0 and losing late in the 4th. Winner is on path to BCS title game.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohhhh yes....lol

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Actually if OSU wins it just eases my path to that bcs game

9. Hokie Effect

I just saw that you play OSU at the end of the season, so I guess you are not rooting for the Nittany Lions then. It looks like its a 3 team battle to face USC in the BCS title game.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't intend on losing to either of you....just to give you a heads up...lol

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I want everyone to lose at least 1 game except OSU, so I can get another crack at that school :)

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

haha well at least you are rootin for me...in a way??

13. Hokie Effect

Penn St- 14
    Purdue- 21

Damn it!!! It must be a mental thing because I can not play with a backup QB. 4 more INT's and a fumble on a sack. 5 TO's by my backup QB!!! 2 of the picks were for TD's!!! I guess thats what I get for talking about the BCS title prematurely today. Looks like I am now on the outside looking in for the Big 10 title as well. 2 more weeks without my starting QB, hoping he will be healthy for the OSU game.

14. Hokie Effect

Just the Texas Tech game left....

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Purdue is my hero :D....nah I'm jk, tough loss man

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Recchem has to recruit as well, He will pry on tonight

17. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

When the kids get in bed, I'll get it done. Should be done in an hour and a half.

18. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Couldn't do anything right, K-State beats Tech in Lubbock, 27-24.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep, getting it done now...sorry for the delay.

20. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 55
    Colorado -21

Texas Crushes Colorado to Improve to 3-0 in Conference Play