2013- Week 9

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by TEClemson53, Aug 6, 2013.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Advanced.

2. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Illinois wins 60-46

Illinois offense: literally impossible to stop
    Illinois defense: K, have lots of yards and we'll come up with a superhuman INT in the red zone. Literally 6 of them.

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Side note: CJ Brown sucks, Ricardo Young is my starter now.

4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Wow, just snuck past Iowa, tough knock down drag out game. Sorry to end your run this way @ZCar352, but your boys pushed me like crazy. Couldn't run to save my life, will get the info up tomorrow. Having a thunderstorm and got disconnected while I was doing highlights, but looks like they are downloading (really slowly).

5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Wow, just snuck past Iowa, tough knock down drag out game. Sorry to end your run this way @ZCar352, but your boys pushed me like crazy. Couldn't run to save my life, will get the info up tomorrow. Having a thunderstorm and got disconnected while I was doing highlights, but looks like they are downloading (really slowly).

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

@bawvu97 can you play tonight around 8?

7. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Yes Sir. I am home all day today also

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Mannion Pulled, Vaz Brings Beavers Back
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oregon State & Michigan State squared off in a late season out of conference match up which turned out to be another page in the Pac12/BigTen rivalry challenge. In this 2013 season, the Pac-12 had come up winless against the B1G (I think) and throughout the first quarter, this looked to be just the kind've game Michigan State wanted. Boring, no scoring & a defensive struggle. That fits the B1G mold. Beaver QB Sean Mannion led two first quarter drives past midfield but on both possessions Mannion threw 2 interceptions to Spartans SS Isaiah Lewis who seemed to be all over the place. However, Michigan State was unable to capitalize on the takeaways and they found themselves headed to the 2nd quarter still scoreless. The Spartans running back Nick Hill & QB Andrew Maxwell got the ball rolling early in the 2nd quarter. Maxwell found WR's Bennie Fowler & Tony Lippett with a mix of running back Nick Hill slowly moved down the field on the Beavers defense. As the Spartans inched closer to the endzone it got tougher for the Michigan State offense. The Spartans stalled just inside the 5 yard line and had to settle on a short field goal from kicker Kevin Muma to lead 3-0 midway through the quarter. The Beavers put points on the board with there next possession also. Beaver RB Storm Woods busted off a few 5-7 yard runs to keep the chains moving while QB Sean Mannion continued to occasionally hit the right targets in WR Brandin Cooks and WR Richard Mullaney. The Beavers got into the Michigan State redzone but didn't go much further and kicked a field goal of their own from 38 yards out with kicker Garrett Owens to knot it up 3-3. On the ensuing drive for Michigan State, QB Andrew Maxwell was sacked by RE Dylan Wynn and jarred the ball loose at the Michigan State 10 yard line and the Beavers pounced on the ball to recover. It looked like Oregon State would find the endzone just before half but Mannion tossed an interception on an out route in the endzone that was caught by MLB Max Bullough who took the interception back 95 yards as time expired in the half to give Michigan State a 10-3 lead at the half.

In the 2nd half, the Beavers started with possession and the fans in Reser Stadium saw back up QB Cody Vaz trot out to lead the Oregon State offense. Sean Mannion tossed 4 first half interceptions and somehow the Beavers still had a chance to win. Vaz came out slinging and hit Brandin Cooks over the middle off play action, then hit WR Richard Mullaney on a curl. Mullaney slipped past the last Spartan defender after the catch and ran for the 57 yard score to again tie things at 10. The two went back and forth with possessions in the 3rd quarter while Michigan State had moved into Oregon State territory just before the end of the quarter and looked to ride the momentum into the 4th. An early score in the 4th would've put Oregon State in a crucial hole. The Spartans stauled past the 30 yard line and opted to attempt a 49 yard field that had plenty of power behind it but went just left of the uprights and Oregon State took over. The Beavers rode RB Storm Woods down the field and Cody Vaz hit WR Mullaney again and another big pass play to TE Connor Hamlett. A few run's & plays later Cody Vaz snuck in from 1 yard out to give Oregon State there first lead of the game 17-10. Early in Michigan State's next drive, Andrew Maxwell tossed his 2nd interception of the game to MLB Michael Doctor deep in their own territory. The Beavers ran off some clock and kicked through another Garrett Owens field goal. The Spartans attempt to comeback ran out of time in the final minute as the Beavers hold on at home 20-10 over the Spartans.

I would have video but my damn cats wanted to go ape shit and run around the room and they caught the cord running to my computer and unhooked the game capture. I didn't see it was unhooked until late in the 4th quarter.
    Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Vaz: 6/8, 124 Yards, Pass TD, Rush TD
    RB Storm Woods: 19 Att, 86 Yards
    WR Brandin Cooks: 4 Rec, 65 Yards
    WR Richard Mullaney: 3 Rec, 79 Yards, TD
    LE Scott Crichton: 5 Tackles, Sack
    LB Michael Doctor: 3 Tackles, 2 INT

[​IMG]
    QB Andrew Maxwell: 11/21, 148 Yards, 2 INT
    RB Nick Hill: 19 Att, 57 Yards
    WR Bennie Fowler: 4 Rec, 60 Yards
    LB Max Bullough: 5 Tackles, Sack, 95 Yard INT TD
    LE Marcus Rush: 4 Tackles, Sack
    CB Darqueze Dennard: 2 Tackles, INT

Video

9. PAgamer07

Im back to work :(

10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

NWIA.PNG
    NWIAScore.PNG

Northwestern Leaders of Legends

NW Juke Close.jpg
    This was a classic, rainy, sloppy nasty game. Iowa is a tough as nails team, and they didn't give me much room to breathe in this game from start to finish. It's a shame Zac had to be gone this week, but the cpu definitely didn't sell him too short, they took it to me and I had to fight for every yard and first down, let alone scores. They held me to 43 freaking yards rushing on 31 carries. Every time I tried to run, I was literally lucky to gain 2 yards. My longest run of the day was 8 yards, on my RB's other 26 carries I had 33 yards. Unbelievable how dominant they were against the run. That being the case, we had to rely on the strong senior arm of Kain Colter, who is without a doubt a major MVP candidate.

Time and again, our offense had to count on Colter to make a big play, and he came through in the key points needed. The game was back and forth all the way, but started well for NW as the D forced a 3 and out on the opening Iowa drive. The NW offense grabbed that momentum and good field position to drive down the field for a 2 yard TD run by Treyvon "Don't Call me Martin" Green. Iowa came back quickly though, and managed to score on a 15 yard TD to a wide open TE, and the game was tied 7-7 after 1.

NW had a nice drive stall out and had to settle on a 38 yard field goal. The D held strong though, and the NW offense got a nice drive into Iowa territory and appeared poised to go in for another score, but then, an incredibly intuitive DB broke on an in route before the receiver even started to, giving him a perfectly easy interception to end that drive. Iowa of course capitalized with a TD of their own to go up 14-10. NW got the ball back with under 2 minutes in the half, and had a drive get inside the 4 yard line with 4 downs to work with. The Iowa D stuffed 2 straight run attempts, then was all over Colter and batted away a 3rd down pass. NW settled for the 22 yard field goal to go into the half down 14-13.

NW got the ball to start the half, and was able to drive in for a TD. We opted for the 2 pointer to go up 7, but failed miserably, 19-14. Our D then was able to hold for a 3 and out, and again we had hope that we could pull away a bit. Then, a bone head pass lead to another interception, and great field position for Iowa, who wait for it... scored a TD and converted the 2 point conversion to go up 22-19 as the 3rd period ended.

I'm running out of time, so long story short, I scored on the next possession to take the lead back by 4. My D held them, and I was then able to somehow hold on to the ball for the last 5 minutes to win the game. It took several 1 and 2 yard runs, followed by key 3rd down conversions to make it happen. Clutch Colter we'll call him.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

lol Treyvon

• Like Like x 1
  12. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG][​IMG] 30 - 27
    --Morgantown, WV

WVU won the toss and elected to defer to the 2nd half. Purdue drove a good bit of the field and was forced to punt. WVU did what I like to do best, drive the ball methodically down the field leading to a Buie 2 Yard TD run. On the subsequent drive, Purdue turned it over eventually leading to a FG leading to a 10-0 Lead. Purdue managed to score two FG's right before the half leading to the 10-6 lead going into half time. This was due in part to an ill advised Childress pass thanks to WVU in the Grey and Purdue in the White. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

WVU took the ball at the beginning of the second half, stalled and punted to the Boilermakers. Coach Jesse coached his team to inside the red zone with Eting hitting his RB on a screen thanks to a blitz by WVU. This TD gave Purdue a 13-10 lead. At the end of a 4 minute drive, WVU settled for a FG tying the game.

The fourth quarter was when the fireworks started with Eting hitting his TE on a PA Pass for 16 yards. WVU answered quickly 3 minutes later with a quick corner router with Mario Alford left pretty much on his own. This tied the game at 20. With 3:12 left, Purdue and WVU exchanged 2 TD's and a FG.

Purdue took the kick and methodically drove the length of the field when Eting hit his HB Gregory again for a TD going up 27-20 over WVU with 1:26 left in the game. WVU opened up the playbook a bit drove down the field but was sacked on third down leaving WVU 4th and 18 with 30 seconds left. Childress managed to hit Dante Campbell on a post route leading to a TD with 30 seconds to go firing up the crowd at Mountaineer Field.

WVU forced a sack followed by an INT by WVU's Defense with 19 seconds to go. WVU ran the ball to the middle of the field, spiked the ball to stop the clock and lined up for FG. The Boilermakers did not go down easy and iced Freshman Kicker Lambert for his 36 yard FG. Lambert took a toke from the peace pipe ignored the ice and drove it home for 30-27 win over # 10 Purdue.

[​IMG]
    GG @PAgamer07

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

So that new save drafts thing doesnt work?

14. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Apparently not huh buddy? :)

15. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    All updated buddy

16. JohnnyClutch

Still getting a white rectangle where the video is supposed to be.

17. PAgamer07

Great recap Eric and a tough game to lose. Looking forward to the rematch next year

• Like Like x 1
  18. JohnnyClutch

I've beat two users in a row.

[​IMG]

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Is it week 10 yet?

20. JohnnyClutch

We're working on it, I believe.

21. JohnnyClutch

[​IMG]5-3 (3-2) vs 4-3 (2-2)[​IMG]
    10/26/13 4:30pm
    Husky Stadium
    Both teams came into this one looking for a conference win to help them gain some position in the Pac 12 standings. A win for Washington would help them stay atop the South Division and make a big match up next week against Utah. Washington would open up the game running the ball well. Maybe the defense was focusing on the run a little too much because on a pass play TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins was able to make a sweet move on the linebacker to get open. He would make the catch and run it 55 yards to put the Huskies up 7-0. The Golden Bears first drive would be cut short when safety Parker intercepted a pass and got both feet down at the sideline. With the short field position, Washington was able to take on three points with a 42 yard field goal by Coons. Another short drive by Cal was ended with an interception. This time it was safety Shaq "The Little Aristotle" Thompson who returned it to the 35 yard line of Cal. This would set up a nice little 13 yard angle pass from Keith Price to Jesse Callier. The second quarter would come around and Washington would open up a 20-0 lead on a Coons 23 yard field goal. Cal would finally get on the board with a 24 yard option keeper by Kline. On their last drive before the half Price would go down with an injury.

The Bears would come out on fire to start the half. They would cut the lead to six on a screen pass TD to Lasco. The Husky fans would roar as Price came out and was the QB for the first series in the second half. Washington would eventually get into the end zone on the legs of Bishop. Wide receiver Washington would catch the two point conversion to make the game 28-14. Kline would throw his third interception of the game in this quarter and Peters would have a pick in consecutive games.

The fourth saw a lot of runs and ball control from the Huskies. Coons would add another field goal from 39 yards out. The successful running game of Washington would prevent any notion of a comeback from Cal. The Huskies win their second game in a row 31-14.

[​IMG]
    Z. Kline: 15/26 57% 179-Yds 1-TD 3-INT, 8-Att 21-Yds 1-TD
    D. Lasco: 7-Att 27-Yds, 2-Rec 19-Yds 1-TD
    B. Treggs: 5-Rec 52-Yds

[​IMG]
    K. Price: 12/17 70% 198-Yds 2-TD, 8-Att 35-Yds
    B. Sankey: 18-Att 62-Yds 1-TD, 4-Rec 45-Yds
    A. Seferian-Jenkins: 1-Rec 55-Yds 1-TD