2013 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Week 9

we are now in week 9. No user games this week. Next adv to later than saturday.

Game of the Week:

#9 Texas (cnic75) @ #8 Oklahoma St

Hey MASLER watch the user sacks, I dont wanna see you break 20 sacks with any one guy this season, that DE has 17 already.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oregon State - 20
    UCLA - 31

UCLA rebounds nicely from the beating they took the week prior from Penn State, handling the Beavers 31-20 at home. Dalton Hilliard continued his stellar season, going for over 100 yards for the 5th time this season. QB Robert Cannon threw for 3 scores as well. The big news in LaLa land is that the Bruins need only one more win to clinch a bowl bid!!!

3. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 41
    Oklahoma State - 14

Texas finally holds Dexter Pratt to under 200 yards rushing. The Oklahoma State back had demolished the Longhorn run defense in every other game they played. He only had 30 yards on 17 carries. Texas was able to keep the Cowboys from scoring any offensive touchdowns on the day. One of the Cowboys scores came on a 30 yard interception return and the other came on a 65 yard fumble return. Texas used the ground game to dominate. Willie Mills had 93 yards on 17 carries. Brandon Jones added 64 yards on 18 carries. Quarterback Paul Bailey aldo ran 6 times for 58 yards. All on the Longhorns touchdowns came on the ground.

Texas will next travel up I35 to face Baylor in Waco.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 63

Indiana 42

I now see how Hokie and Big Suge had troubles with this team. I gave up 400+ yards through the air. Just couldn't stop their offense until late in the 4th when I scored 21 unanswered points to seal the victory.

As for the DE, I don't user control them anymore. So from now on any sacks they get will be on their own.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 41
    Iowa- 14

Welcome back Johnson as my starting QB returns from injury throwing for 358yds 6 TD and only 1 INT. Brown was the target of choice with 147yds 3 TD. Dukes and Reid split carries again for 107yds as the ground game struggled. Looks to be a big matchup with Ohio State next week as the Nittany Lions are finally at full strength.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech- 42
    BC- 18

After a slow first quarter the hokies pulled it together scoring 14 points in each of the later quarters. Heisman leadman David Wilson had another oitstanding game running the ball 40 times for 216 yards and 2 tds. Freshman speedman Derwin Davis had 4 receptions for 129 yards and apair of TDs but also had 2 fumbles on punt returns that shoulda been called fair catches but u know how it goes. The D forced 5 picks this game. Next week is the big one for the Hokies against the Canes.... ARE YOU READY!!!!

7. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

More last minute magic by the CPU, and poor play down the stretch by Tech, send the Red Raiders back to Lubbock with a loss, 28-24 to Baylor. Baylor HB Martin has 169 yards and 3 TD's on 17 carries.

With three ranked teams, and Michigan left on the schedule, it seems unlikely Tech will reach last seasons win total of 5 games.

8. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 35
    ASU -10

Oregon put together its most complete came of the season in a rout of No. 7 team in the nation. The defense was stellar with six sacks, two interceptions (one being a pick six) and countless deflections. On offense, Perkans ran for 50+ yards with Wilcox and freshman Eric Berry each gaining around 30 as well. Jackson and Gaines finally came through with some big plays at the WR position.

9. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#13 Maryland 24
    Florida State 31

Senior RB Lonnie Pryor rushes for 3 TD.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Highsmith and Miami win another game. The offense was not on the field very often but made some big plays when they got the ball. Highsmith hooked up with his receivers for 4 more touchdowns, giving him 20 on the season. Miller, Kent and Reid were the main targets for the pass offense. Miller and Kent both caught long touchdown passes and Reid punched in two short scores. Starting half back Darby missed most of the game with an injury so running wasn't effective for Miami. He could have returned late in the game but Miami chose to rest him for the game against Hokies.

On defense the Hurricanes started off with a bang. Ingram picked off a pass on the opening drive and returned it for a score. The rest of the game the defense didn't give up many points but had trouble getting off the field. Time of possession was dominated by Carolina but Miami managed to hold UNC to just 10 points.

Next up for Miami is a showdown with #2 Virginia Tech. This will most likely decide the ACC Coastal division and could be an important game in the National Title picture.

Miami - 35
    North Carolina 10

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 49
    Purdue 54

A slip up in last week's post game seemed to doom the Wolverines. Last week the coach made a statement about Paul Bunyan's axe and the rivalry game against MSU but the game i actually next week. So in true trap game style the fiery Boilermakers extend the win streak started against Penn State to three games. The six turnovers committed by Michigan, three were picks by Chris Parker who played the majority of the game and also completed three pass for touchdowns. Purdue RB James carried the rock 25 times for 267 yards and 4 TDs. Hopefully Michigan can pull it together before next weeks game against the Spartans at the Big House.

12. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Three of my losses are by a combined 10 points to teams rated B or less! They all made spectacular 4th quarter plays to beat me! AHHHHH!

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Boiler Up!! I am actually a Purdue fan :) kinda shocked to see them handling the Big Ten powers the last couple of weeks.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll be sure to stop that when time comes lol