1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2013 West Virginia University Mountaineers

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by bawvu97, Jul 28, 2013.

1. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Roster Review

[​IMG]

Offense:

Quarterback

Clint Tricket: 84 OVR - 6'2 - 180 - Junior - Tricket is following one of the more prolific passers in WVU History Geno Smith. Tricket is not a speedy guy and has mediocre power and accuracy. He lost both major weapons that Geno had in Stedman Bailey and Tayvon Austin. As a transfer from FSU, I have to let him play.

Paul Millard: 82 OVR - 6'2 - 220 - Junior - Millard had a little more playing time in 2012 than Tricket. He is slightly more accurate than Tricket but has a little less gusto to throw with. I am not much of a deep ball thrower so he may get the nod against Michigan next week.

Ford Childress: 84 OVR - 6'5 - 225 - Freshman - Numerically he is on par with Tricket rating wise. I can't redshirt him (again) and he is definitely ready to start. I just don't know if now is the right time.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tricket ------------------------------------------------Millard---------------------------- Childress

The next few CPU games are going to be key for me to decide how to move forward.

Running Back

Andrew Buie: 84 OVR - Junior - Speed Back - 5'9 188 - Buie is the faster of the two backs but he goes down much easier than Sims.

Charles Sims: 87 OVR - Senior - Balanced - 6'0 215 - He can lower his helmet to take on DB's, etc but is easily chased down by Athletic DE's and DT's. A 5th year transfer from Houston.

I don't expect either one of them to light it up on the ground and the carries will most likely be split 50-50.

Wide Receivers - There are 10 WR's on this year's roster. None are expected to be as prolific and Stedman Bailey, Tayvon Austin or JD Woods

KJ Myers - 80 OVR - Soph - Speed WR - 6'2 195 - He had 2 receptions for 9 yards (1 TD) in 2012 and he is now the highest rated WR WVU has.

Kevin White - 78 OVR - JR - Possession WR - 6'4 210 lbs - a JUCO Transfer Lackawanna Community College

Ivan McCartney - 77 OVR - SR - Speed WR - 6'2 182 lbs - The guy has been on and off the field for the last 4 years. He left the team/got kicked off twice.

Cody Clay - 78 OVR - TE - So - 6'3 - 256 - More of a receiving TE than anything else

[​IMG]

Defense - 3 - 4

Shaq Rowell - 80 OVR - DT - Senior - 6'4 - 308 - His name is Shaq.

Will Clarke - 83 OVR - DE - Senior - 6'7 - 271 - Hopefully we get a chance to see him get his paws up.

Kyle Rose - 80 OVR - DE - Soph - 6'4 - 276 - He's got room to grow but he will be the anchor on this side for a few more years.

Linebackers

Doug Rigg - 80 OVR - MLB - Senior - 6'1 - 241 - One of the few seniors on defense this year. He's got decent speed but not much of a big hitter

One to watch True Freshman - Darrien Howard - He has a few guys ahead of him but I plan to try to get him in the mix a little bit this year. Definitely a coverage MLB but I like what he brings to the table. I see him getting tons of playing time in games that are out of hand either way.

Defensive Backs

Broderick Jenkins - 86 OVR - CB - Senior - 5'10 - 183 - It was painful to watch him give up so many big plays in 2012. Hopefully he can get his shit together in 2013.

Terrell Chestnut - 83 OVR - CB - Soph - 5'11 - 180 - WVU Could not do much against the deep ball in 2012. This guy was a freshman was 75% of the defense. Hopefully he has a little more to offer this year.

Karl Joseph - 86 OVR - FS - Soph - 5'10 - 197 - THis guy can hit especially if he can keep the play in front of him. He's got decent speed and quickness but isn't much of a cover guy.

Darwin Cook - 86 OVR - SS - Senior - 5'11 - 281 - Another hard hitter alot is going to depend on the what kind of penetration (uh huh i said penetration) the front 7 get on the QB.

Special Teams

Kicker

Josh Lambert - 73 OVR - Freshman - He see the ball, he kick the ball. He has mediocre power and accuracy. I don't see him going for any 60 yarders for a while.

Punter - 74 OVR - Soph - Also not an extremely powerful or accurate kicker. He definitely won't be flipping the field on anyone.

2013 Schedule

@ Marshall
    @ # 19 Michigan
    Vs Penn State
    Vs Utah SuperBowlNachos
    @ Indiana
    @ # 2 Ohio State
    Vs Illinois
    Vs Purdue PAgamer07
    Vs Northwestern @schreck827
    @ Minnesota
    @ Maryland ryalaman
    Vs # 16 Oklahoma State

Season Prediction 6-6 - I still can't pass and 6-6 might be very generous

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

3. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Still writing pops :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. PAgamer07

LOL I know, just had to put a hillbilly pic in here before I forgot.

5. PAgamer07

Nice work. And holy crap your secondary is loaded.

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Clint trickett hahahahahaha

7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:

[​IMG]

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

So 2 years ago. How was your 2012 bowl ?

9. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    That will live in infamy young Tre...... 2013 means as little as 2012. Now come give me a hug lol and don't hate because we lost to the football powerhouse in Syracuse to finish off our season :)

10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

:yellowcard: removing helmet in field of play.