2013 West Virginia University Mountaineers

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by bawvu97, Jul 28, 2013.

1. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Roster Review

[​IMG]

Offense:

Quarterback

Clint Tricket: 84 OVR - 6'2 - 180 - Junior - Tricket is following one of the more prolific passers in WVU History Geno Smith. Tricket is not a speedy guy and has mediocre power and accuracy. He lost both major weapons that Geno had in Stedman Bailey and Tayvon Austin. As a transfer from FSU, I have to let him play.

Paul Millard: 82 OVR - 6'2 - 220 - Junior - Millard had a little more playing time in 2012 than Tricket. He is slightly more accurate than Tricket but has a little less gusto to throw with. I am not much of a deep ball thrower so he may get the nod against Michigan next week.

Ford Childress: 84 OVR - 6'5 - 225 - Freshman - Numerically he is on par with Tricket rating wise. I can't redshirt him (again) and he is definitely ready to start. I just don't know if now is the right time.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tricket ------------------------------------------------Millard---------------------------- Childress

The next few CPU games are going to be key for me to decide how to move forward.

Running Back

Andrew Buie: 84 OVR - Junior - Speed Back - 5'9 188 - Buie is the faster of the two backs but he goes down much easier than Sims.

Charles Sims: 87 OVR - Senior - Balanced - 6'0 215 - He can lower his helmet to take on DB's, etc but is easily chased down by Athletic DE's and DT's. A 5th year transfer from Houston.

I don't expect either one of them to light it up on the ground and the carries will most likely be split 50-50.

Wide Receivers - There are 10 WR's on this year's roster. None are expected to be as prolific and Stedman Bailey, Tayvon Austin or JD Woods

KJ Myers - 80 OVR - Soph - Speed WR - 6'2 195 - He had 2 receptions for 9 yards (1 TD) in 2012 and he is now the highest rated WR WVU has.

Kevin White - 78 OVR - JR - Possession WR - 6'4 210 lbs - a JUCO Transfer Lackawanna Community College

Ivan McCartney - 77 OVR - SR - Speed WR - 6'2 182 lbs - The guy has been on and off the field for the last 4 years. He left the team/got kicked off twice.

Cody Clay - 78 OVR - TE - So - 6'3 - 256 - More of a receiving TE than anything else

[​IMG]

Defense - 3 - 4

Shaq Rowell - 80 OVR - DT - Senior - 6'4 - 308 - His name is Shaq.

Will Clarke - 83 OVR - DE - Senior - 6'7 - 271 - Hopefully we get a chance to see him get his paws up.

Kyle Rose - 80 OVR - DE - Soph - 6'4 - 276 - He's got room to grow but he will be the anchor on this side for a few more years.

Linebackers

Doug Rigg - 80 OVR - MLB - Senior - 6'1 - 241 - One of the few seniors on defense this year. He's got decent speed but not much of a big hitter

One to watch True Freshman - Darrien Howard - He has a few guys ahead of him but I plan to try to get him in the mix a little bit this year. Definitely a coverage MLB but I like what he brings to the table. I see him getting tons of playing time in games that are out of hand either way.

Defensive Backs

Broderick Jenkins - 86 OVR - CB - Senior - 5'10 - 183 - It was painful to watch him give up so many big plays in 2012. Hopefully he can get his shit together in 2013.

Terrell Chestnut - 83 OVR - CB - Soph - 5'11 - 180 - WVU Could not do much against the deep ball in 2012. This guy was a freshman was 75% of the defense. Hopefully he has a little more to offer this year.

Karl Joseph - 86 OVR - FS - Soph - 5'10 - 197 - THis guy can hit especially if he can keep the play in front of him. He's got decent speed and quickness but isn't much of a cover guy.

Darwin Cook - 86 OVR - SS - Senior - 5'11 - 281 - Another hard hitter alot is going to depend on the what kind of penetration (uh huh i said penetration) the front 7 get on the QB.

Special Teams

Kicker

Josh Lambert - 73 OVR - Freshman - He see the ball, he kick the ball. He has mediocre power and accuracy. I don't see him going for any 60 yarders for a while.

Punter - 74 OVR - Soph - Also not an extremely powerful or accurate kicker. He definitely won't be flipping the field on anyone.

2013 Schedule

@ Marshall
    @ # 19 Michigan
    Vs Penn State
    Vs Utah SuperBowlNachos
    @ Indiana
    @ # 2 Ohio State
    Vs Illinois
    Vs Purdue PAgamer07
    Vs Northwestern @schreck827
    @ Minnesota
    @ Maryland ryalaman
    Vs # 16 Oklahoma State

Season Prediction 6-6 - I still can't pass and 6-6 might be very generous

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

3. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Still writing pops :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. PAgamer07

LOL I know, just had to put a hillbilly pic in here before I forgot.

5. PAgamer07

Nice work. And holy crap your secondary is loaded.

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Clint trickett hahahahahaha

7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:

[​IMG]

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

So 2 years ago. How was your 2012 bowl ?

9. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    That will live in infamy young Tre...... 2013 means as little as 2012. Now come give me a hug lol and don't hate because we lost to the football powerhouse in Syracuse to finish off our season :)

10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

:yellowcard: removing helmet in field of play.