2014-2015 Legendary Veterans MVP Award Watch

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by HuskerPower, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

2014-15 Legendary Veterans MVP Award Watch

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    RANK SCHOOL PLAYER POS Season Stats[/SIZE]
    1 #1 South Carolina (13-0) Shon Carson RB 296 Car, 2,200 Yds, 38 TD, 19 Rec, 152 Yds
    2 #7 Georgia (10-2) Todd Gurley RB 323 Car, 2,149 Yds, 34 TD, 19 Rec, 173 Yds, 2 TD
    3 #6 Miami (11-1) Ryan Williams QB 201-308, 3,622 Yds, 36 TD, 15 Int, 51 Car, 74 Yds, 2 TD
    4 #5 Louisville (12-1) Dominique Brown RB 321 Car, 1,917 Yds, 21 TD, 13 Rec, 135 Yds, 2 TD
    5 #13 Virginia Tech (10-3) J.C. Coleman RB 295 Car, 1,805 Yds, 24 TD, 11 Rec, 172 Yds[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

The preseason Legendary Veterans Award Watch has been released!

After the season begins, I will see exactly how each particular player does each week. It will be opinionated of course, but it will all be based on stats. Not just previous game stats, but season stats, and at the end of the season, right after conference championships, we will host a private vote and see who wins the coveted "Legendary Veterans MVP Award"!
    *keep in mind that the order will change on a weekly basis, based on performances. At conference championship week, only the top five will remain. If a different player from a team emerges as a star, they will replace the current player.

2013-14 MVP: Miami RB Duke Johnson

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

3. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

;)

4. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

I would change Julian Horton to Jonathan Williams for sure. Horton is good, but he isnt even my fav receiver. HuskerPower

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

HuskerPower
    I would changemy MVP watch to Raymond Sanders. He is the starting RB for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

Changes have been made.

7. LeGeNd RiPs

You didn't have to change it yet man.

8. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

I know but I don't want a player that doesn't even start to be on the MVP watch.

9. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

lol this list is like the preseason Heisman ALL QBS! :D

10. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

Updated

• Like Like x 2
  11. LeGeNd RiPs

Good shit bud.

• Like Like x 2
  12. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

Season stats updated

13. Ghost

Clear who will MVP and Heisman if something doesn't change lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. LeGeNd RiPs

Cheesewater's takin that shit!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ghost

Lol Good luck, I know I won't be winning any awards this season

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeGeNd RiPs

Your QB is gonna be a beast in the next couple of years. Just a sophomore.

17. Ghost

True, future looks bright for Kentucky, especially with these recruits that should be coming to my school.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

That's a shit load of yards for Allen

19. Ghost

lol Arkansas is a Air Raid team, He probably passes a lot. Now look at Manziel stats lol, Those are ridiculous

20. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

That was in two games as well

21. wahoogamer

wahoogamer Walk On

I assume your referring to me here but are they really ridiculous. like if that happened in real life you'd be shocked 44 carries for 187 yards in two games including sacks against two marshmallow teams?

22. Ghost

RL is not the same thing as a video game. it's bad when Your QB has twice as many rushing attempts as your RB's and you have 5 fumbles, so it's clear you been scrambling a lot or running with him too much and I promise you in RL, manziel would not have 44 rushing att in 2 games.

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Manziel didn't have a two game stretch last year with 44 carries. He did average about 15 carries per game over the course of the regular season, during which A&M averaged 83.5 plays per game (source: http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/plays-per-game). Roughly 18% of the plays A&M ran were plays where Manziel was the rusher. If you put passing attempts in (about 36 attempts per game), you end up with 51 plays for Manziel out of the 83.5, or about 62%. Not sure how many plays wahoogamer has run each game, but to get the same average he would need to have run about 244 plays total in those two games. Assuming 70 plays per game (I don't know how many have been run, but just putting 70 out there as a number), you'd be looking at 31% of the plays being rushing attempts by Manziel. Some would be due to sacks, so that would lower the percentage. If you put the pass attempts in (71 according to dynasty wire), you're looking at 115 plays going through Manziel. Using 140 plays as the base, that's 82%. I checked the other 2 QB's on the Top 25 passing on the dynasty wire (Brandon Allen of Arkansas and Aaron Murray of Georgia). Both have played 2 games as well (granted one was a user game against each other). Allen has 68 plays (13 rush, 55 pass) and Murray has 80 (16 rush, 54 pass). Using the same 70 plays per game number, you're looking at 49% of plays for Allen and 57% for Murray. I do expect Manziel to be higher than those guys based on his skills and scheme, but not by that amount.

Understanding this is different than real life, I don't expect the percentages to match up perfectly (and don't think anyone else does, either) given that we're playing games that are about half as long as real life. I get that there will be times where you'll drop back to pass, find nobody open or the pressure is on and you'll need to scramble/run with your QB, and it may also be due to the teams that have been played against so far. My only concern with stats (and this goes for the entire league) is that they try to be kept in line with real life as much as can be in terms of attempts. I've got no issue with a guy putting up superstar numbers (I think there SHOULD be people doing that) and think everyone else is probably on the same page.

• Like Like x 4
  24. LeGeNd RiPs

WOOO!!!! CHEESEWATER!!!

25. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

Updated with week 3 season stats, rankings, and record.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.