2014 Auburn Tigers

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Total Doubt, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

Apr 23, 2011

Auburn Silences The Cowbells!

Auburn University came into the game searching for an identity. Previously, they were searching for a coach. Well, against Mississippi State, it's clear to say that they have found both. Auburn hired Coach Total Doubt to come in and return the Tigers to their glory days, and he and his team looked very impressive, taking down Miss. St., 59-21. It was clear that the offense struggled early on to get anything going on offense. That, however, would be short-lived. On the first play in the 2nd quarter, Auburn QB Matt Breedlove connected with WR Juan Medlock for a 47 yard TD score. On the Tigers next possession, Breedlove took an option keeper 67 yards for a score. That's when the flood gates opened. Auburn would put up a total of 42 points in the 2nd quarter. Breedlove also threw scores of 30 yards, and 45 yards to WR Michael Roach. While backup quarterback, Chuck Walker, who came in for the injured Breedlove in the 2nd quarter, also hooked up with Medlock for a 21 yard score, and with WR Pat Scott for a 20 yard score. Mississippi State finally got on the board in the 3rd quarter when QB Dylan Favre hooked up with Michael Carr for a 43 yard TD. Auburn would answer back when HB Jeremy Williams rushed into the endzone from 3 yards out, upping the lead to 49-7. On their next possession, Favre would again find Carr in the endzone for a 10 yard score. On the ensuing kickoff, Trovon Reed would take it 96 yards to the house to put the Tigers ahead 56-14. The only scoring in the 4th quarter came off a 35 yard FG by Auburn, and another Favre to Carr 1 yard TD pass.

After the game, Coach TD was asked about his team's performance, where he said, "I'm proud of our guys. We have been preparing all week for this game, trying to implement this scheme, and we came out a little flat, but we were able to get things going. I think we have a bright future ahead of us, with Matt and Chuck at quarterback. It's going to be a tough decision as to who will get more reps, but I think with either kid in there, we should be fine. As for our defense, we really came out and played great football. We were able to pressure Dylan and make his life hell today. We pushed their O-Line around, and that's the kind of showing I want day in and day out. Good, hard, physical play. We still have a long season ahead of us, both on the field, and in recruiting, but tonight was definitely a step in the right direction. This job is a dream come true for me, and when I got the opportunity, I just couldn't say no. I'm an Auburn man, through and through. War Eagle!"

Total Offense: 521 yards
    Rushes: 36 carries/247 yards/2 Touchdowns
    Passing: 13 completions/23 attempts/274 yards/5 Touchdowns/0 Interceptions
    Turnovers: 0
    Turnovers Forced: 2 (1 Interception, 1 Fumble)
    TOP: 17:13

Offensive Player Stats
    QB Matt Breedlove: 7/14 137 yards, 3 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions. 7 rushes, 88 yards, 1 Touchdown.
    QB Chuck Walker: 6/9 137 yards, 2 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions. 5 rushes, 14 yards.
    HB Jeremy Williams: 16 rushes, 98 yards, 1 Touchdown. 1 reception, 3 yards.
    HB Wesley Rollins: 7 rushes, 45 yards.
    WR Trovon Reed: 2 receptions, 22 yards. 3 Kick Returns, 131 yards, 1 Touchdown. 7 Punt Returns, 62 yards.
    TE John Robinson: 2 receptions, 27 yards.
    WR Pat Scott: 2 receptions, 49 yards, 1 Touchdown.
    WR Michael Roach: 2 receptions, 75 yards, 2 Touchdowns.
    WR Juan Medlock: 2 receptions, 68 yards, 2 Touchdowns.
    WR Brian Greene: 2 receptions, 30 yards.

Defensive Player Stats
    LOLB Ladarius Owens: 9 Tackles, 4 Tackles For Loss, 1 Sack.
    RE Craig Sanders: 7 Tackles, 3 Tackles For Loss, 2 Sacks.
    LE Mark Williams: 4 Tackles, 3 Tackles For Loss, 1 Sack.
    DT Dan Dahl: 2 Tackles, 1 Tackle For Loss, 1 Sack.
    DT Kenneth Carter: 3 Tackles, 2 Tackles For Loss, 2 Sacks.
    SS Wyatt Hawkins: 2 Tackles, 1 Tackle For Loss, 1 Interception.