2014 Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into Bowl season.

We have a user game this week

@Hokie Effect vs @bravejaf

I dont know if you guys can play tonight or before 8pm on sunday so we can do the offseason??

Let me know what you guys think, everybody else needs to get your games in by then so we can start the offseason 9pm EST on sunday evening.

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #3 Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 34-31 against Georgia (9-4).
    #3 Alabama will face #7 Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl.

=============== #14 Florida State Seminoles (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 34-10 against Virginia Tech (10-3).
    #6 Florida State will face Ole Miss in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

=============== #24 Georgia Bulldogs (9-4) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 34-31 against Alabama (12-1).
    #15 Georgia will face #9 Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #25 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-4) ===============
    #25 Iowa will face #20 Florida in the Outback Bowl.

=============== #15 LSU Tigers (9-3) ===============
    #17 LSU will face #16 Oklahoma in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-7) ===============

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-6) ===============
    Michigan will face Auburn in the Gator Bowl.

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (11-1) ===============
    #4 Oregon will face #6 Penn State in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-1) ===============
    #7 Penn State will face #4 Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #17 UCLA Bruins (9-3) ===============
    #18 UCLA will face #18 Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #1 USC Trojans (12-0) ===============
    #1 USC will face #2 Boise State in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #10 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 34-10 against Florida State (10-3).
    #14 Virginia Tech will face #5 Texas in the Orange Bowl®.

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I got a rematch against Texas.

lol - hope it goes better than last time.

-.- a 4 week injury only goes down to 3 weeks across a 28 day period.

3. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Fucking Alamo Bowl. Fuck.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] V. [​IMG]
    For the second straight season the Michigan Wolverines found themselves in Jacksonville to take on a tough SEC opponent. And for the second straight season the Wolverines return to Ann Arbor with the Gator Bowl trophy. While the Gator Bowl is not on any Wolverines' wish list for bowl appearance, the team put its full effort and focus into winning the game. To their credit they accomplished that in a fairly dominant way in spite of the rainy conditions Michigan led by Senior QB Devin Gardner come out on top by the margin of 28 to 16. Gardner finishes his career on a high note after many ups and downs, tallying 223 passing yards and three touchdowns to three different receivers. The Michigan defense came to play all day long as Jordan Evans had two sacks and another tackle for a loss while linemate Richard Ash added a sack and tackle for a loss. the biggest play of the game may have been the jarring hit Safety Tyler Perkins laid on Auburn punt returner Jeremy Richardson as Auburn was trying to build up some momentum after forcing a Michigan punt midway in the fourth quarter. The turnover was Auburns third fumble of the game and proved to be the end of their chances to close the gap on Michigan. The victory allows Michigan to send the 14 Seniors in its starting two deep. For Michigan fans all eyes are on the recruiting path to see if Coach Suge Knight can pull in some players or this could be the best feeling for them in foreseeable future.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

@bravejaf

I am free all day/night today and tomorrow. Just give me some times.

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#23 Georgia 21
    #13 Wisconsin 20

Wisconsin was superhuman most of the game, picking off 5 passes by players who weren't near the receiver when I threw the ball. They also stopped me on 3 straight 3rd & 1 plays and two 4th & inches plays. QB Zach Brown was able to throw a TD for the lead with 40 seconds left and the defense held on for the win.

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ole Miss 3
    FSU 56

For the first time in five seasons FSU failed to win the ACC title. We would rebound and hand Ole Miss an embarrassing loss. Scott Jones threw for over 300 yards and 4 TD's. The defense was stingy most of the game. Jeff Luc led the way with 9 tackles. The FSU faithful now nervously await the offseason. We are graduation some key members of our team in WR Greg Dent, MLB Jeff Luc, and CB Lemarcus Joyner. We also have 6 - 95 overall or better underclassmen who will decide if they are going to go to the NFL. WR Victor Simpson(99), QB Scott Jones(99), DE Chris Bush(97), SO HB Kevin Lester(97), DT Nick Randle(97), FB Ray Hardy(95). Its going to be an interesting offseason and the Seminoles team could have a very differant look next year.

8. Hova

"USC National Champions Again"
    [​IMG]

USC 35
    Boise St 7

"USC started off very slow in this one falling down 0-7 early thanks to TWO baxter fumbles. However Baxter continued to persevere and was determined to end his career as a champion. He never looked backed rushing for 155 YDS and 2 TDs. The defense was dominant all day holding Boise St to only 7 points. QB Stanley had a huge game with a passer rating of 250, throwing for 247 YDS and 3 TDs. USC wins their 3rd championship in 5 years. Off to Disney land!!"

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

My xbox red ringed this morning. Just got a new one, will be playing my game tonight.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Can you play at like 7 PM EST tomorrow night? I have a C2C game at 8 PM EST so that would probably work best. Not sure what the rest of my day looks like tomorrow.

11. Wick36

Virginia Tech 44
    Texas 7

The Orange Bowl broke the golden rule of having a rematch played and they paid for it. The Hokies crushed the Longhorns, who had defeated them in overtime at the beginning of the season.

Tech had another outstanding defensive performance. It leaves you wondering, though, where was this before the FSU and UT games?

Hicks was nearly flawless until the end of the game, when it was irrelevant, where he struggled a little bit.
    Rodgers made some big plays on screens against the very aggressive Texas defense.
    Mark Scott had another great day filling in for Chris Ryan. This gives me some extra confidence with moving into the multiple or 3-4 defense like I want to.
    Foster and Gardner made some big plays.

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

7pm est is fine, but let me know if anyime opens up earlier this afternoon.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Will do. I picked that time because I have no idea what my schedule is like today. I have some friends in town and not sure what time they will be heading back to Cleveland.

14. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 45
    Cincinnati - 7

Cincinnati could not do anything on offense all day. Alabama held them to 161 yards of total offense. The Bearcats only score came on a fumble returned for a touchdown. The Crimson Tide was led by the usual suspects on offense. Ryan Horn threw for 342 yards with 4 TDs and 2 interceptions. Joey Taylor ran for 91 yards. All-Freshmen Tucker Gray caught 7 passes for 92 yards and 3 scores. It looks like Alabama will finish the season in the #2 slot again.

15. Wick36

The rankings on the wire are different every time... kind of weird.

16. Hova

You should be done by 9 with your C2C right? Youll pry have players leaving to do wont ya

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I should be done by 9 PM if everything kicks off on time.

18. Wick36

Hoping Sharpe, Cameron, and Foster will stay for the Senior Seasons...

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The PSU/Oregon game is difficult to summarize. Oregon was leading the game at half by 3 points and the game disconnected. We decided to replay the game with Oregon having the ball and an assumed 3 point lead. Basically the game came down to the final seconds. Oregon had the ball inside the 3 yard line but were trailing by 6. They failed to convert the first 3 attempts, all runs up the middle including a couple QB dives. On 4th down Oregon tried a HB dive up the middle but were stuffed.

I played out the rest of the game against the CPU, super simming most of the game because I didn't want to bother with playing this portion.

GG Hokie Effect, sorry we couldn't just play out our first game. The result may have been different.

20. Hova

Hokie what is wrong with your connection ?? lol you may want to look into that