2014 BOWL SEASON

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

It is here, the day we have all been waiting for. The bowl for all the glory and the shit bowl for Michigan.

National Championship Game

#1 Ohio St (Abolishthefed) vs #2 Oregon (Cnic75)

Good Luck to everyone in bowl season!

Next ADV no later than SAT at 9:30 PM EST

Dont forgot your bowl pics and videos!

2. Hova

Whats up with all the trash teams in the BCS bowls? Are those all auto bids?

3. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Sucks I play a CPU Alabama team. Not going to take them lightly but I was hoping to get a shot at KillerNuts. Booooo

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL, why do my running backs keep winning Heisman despite not leading the league in any category? Malcome won nearly every award a running back can win but didn't lead any rushing category

1570 rushing yards - 4th

19 rushing TD - T-8th

5.3 yards per carry - too far to count, second among running backs on my roster

He did have 3 receiving touchdowns, giving him a total of 22 for the season.

Going to call it now, 2016 Heisman = Rasheed Cunningham

5. Hova

Did NIU get a BCS Bowl? WTF?

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will take out the Big Least champion when I get home from work and the gym tonight. Barring a shocking result, I should finish #2 in the country after the bowl season.

7. Hova

Ya its all HBs everytime. Its like WRs in ncaa 11 LOL. Always broke... About ready to do our own Heisman vote

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I know Johnson last year and now Keller this year take issue with the Georgia favoratism for Heisman lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I didn't want Crowell to win. I could have tried swaying him back if he didn't win the award. Malcome is a senior so I will take the trophies :).

10. Hova

gI_KonicaMinoltaGatorBowlLogo.jpg.jpg
    #13 Michigan 33
    Auburn 0
    Michigan took a trip to Jacksonville this bowl season to take on the Auburn Tigers. They ended the season on a strong note, shutting out Auburn 33-0. Michigan relied heavily on the running game with the Oline struggling in pass protection like always. They were able to set up a few plays with the run though, resulting in 1 TD pass from QB Thomas. He actually threw ZERO INTs. HB Rawls and HB Holt were both at the 100 yard level and Holt had 2 strong TD runs, perhaps showing the future of the Michigan offense. Here was a great run by HB Holt to seal the Gator Bowl victory:
    2014 Season Stats:
    HB T. Rawls 244 Attempts, 1795 YDs, 17 TDs
    HB S. Holt 112 Atts, 1005 YDS, 13 TDs

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]
    Notre Dame 28
    Alabama 13
    Pasadena, California -- "I didn't come here for this type of weather," Coach Kelly chuckled, "I could have had this in South Bend." The Notre Dame fighting Irish met the Alabama Crimson Tide for the first time since 1987, a game that Notre Dame won 37-6 in South Bend. These Irish must have woken the echos from that old team for this game as Notre Dame was able to beat Alabama 28-13 on an unusually cold and rainy day in Southern California. Perhaps the Tide being from warmer climates felt comfortable in this type of environment.​
    Irish running back George Atkinson rushed for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns on 21 attempts on the day. QB Reggie Williams was 7 for 14 for 116 yards and a touch down, one of which included a 75 yards pass in the second quarter.​
    What was so surprising about this game was Alabama led in total yards, and passing yards, however couldn't find away to put points on the board. The Irish defense definitely bent but didn't break throughout several key Alabama drives throughout this game. The Irish victory capped a great season by team. The Irish have a lot to look forward to as a lot of players on their team in key skill areas are only sophomores and should stay with the team next season.​

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

LSU - 33
    Iowa - 7

It looked like it would be one of the best Capital One Bowls ever, pitting the #7 and #9 teams in the nation against each other. However, this game did not quite live up to its bill as the Tigers dominated. As a group, LSU ran for just under 200 yards on 34 carries. Randall showed that he has the ability to be accurate and manage games, going 10/11 for 150 yards and a TD. The defense was probably the biggest game changer, though, holding Heisman trophy candidate Keller to just 47 yards on 14 carries. The Hawkeye passing game was also kept off balance by a steady pass rush. LSU was able to record 6 sacks and held Iowa to 5/15 passing. Iowa's special teams certainly made things interesting and gave Iowa pretty good field position on several drives. These drives usually got killed by sacks just inside field goal range though, keeping Iowa from putting more points on the board.

gg uncleho

13. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

[​IMG]
    Florida - 27
    #11 Nebraska - 0

Slow and steady was the gameplan James Lofton wanted for this game and it played out exactly as he had envisioned. The Florida team we all knew was there, but never really materialized consistently this year, showed up at Raymond James Stadium today. Other than a couple of turnovers on Florida's part, it was complete domination by the Gators on the ground, through the air and on defense, especially. "I was glad to see our guys come out and perform at a level we knew we were capable all year long.", Coach Lofton stated. "This is a great bowl win that we're going to enjoy and carry into next season."​
    Standout performers in this game included a couple players that may or may not be back next year including Mackey award winner TE AC Leonard who had 6 catches for 189 yards and a TD. He is expected to declare for the draft in the coming weeks, but has been very tight lipped about his intentions leading up to this game. He would be joining MLB Michael Taylor as possible first round picks. Taylor ended this game with 4 Tackles, 2 for a loss, as well as one forced fumble that he recovered and took in for a touchdown.​
    Another bright spot in this game was a great performance by red shirt sophomore halfback Wendell Paul. Paul carried the ball 26 times for 147 yards. He looks to be a significant factor for the Gator offense in 2015.​

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]
    Georgia 38
    Louisville 0
    The Georgia defense played a stellar game. The Cardinals passed for just 96 yards and QB Bridgewater threw 2 interceptions. The Louisville running backs also struggled but Bridgewater was able to break a few long runs, finishing with 51 yards. On offense Georgia used a balance attack to light up the scoreboard. Heisman winner Malcome ran over the Louisville defense, rushing for 129 yards on just 10 carries. He scored a 74 yard TD. The other touchdowns came from the arm of Mason. He passed for 4 touchdowns, including 2 to WR #1 Seay. TE Rome and WR #2 Wesley caught the other touchdown passes.
    The win means Georgia will finish near the top of the polls, but were denied a chance at BCS title thanks to an early loss to Bama. The Bulldogs lose only 11 seniors so expect another loaded team next year.

15. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Yeah good game KillerNuts, it was brutal his secondary defended 7-8 passes, defense put up the 6 sacks and a forced/recovered fumble. While the LSU offense just outplayed Iowa's defense, they just got out and blocked the hell out of all of my guys in the run game, and we only recorded 1 sack and put almost no pressure besides that. I really need to get an effective passing game but the next couple of years will be rough.

16. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Ohio State - 30
    Oregon - 38

Oregon overcomes four 1st half interceptions to become National Champion again. Bryan Bennett had more interceptions at halftime than he did completions. The zone defense was giving him fits. He was able to settle down in the second half and complete a few passes that helped the Ducks come out on top. The Player of the Game was Deanthony Thomas. He found the endzone 3 times on the afternoon. Tra Carson and Bennett had the other 2 TDs on the day.

The Buckeyes used quick passes and timely runs to keep the Duck defense at bay. This was the first game all season that they were held without a sack. They finish the season with a college football leading 99.

Oregon will begin the season with a bulls eye on its back. They will have a pretty stout team returning to make another run at a title.

gg abolishthefed. You really had me frustrated in the first half. Good luck next season.

17. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

Congrats cnic75. Looks like this was a good game.