2014 Bowl Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Bowl Week 3

Bowl Season is upon us and we have alot of great matchups this week. Get the user games scheduled asap. Next ADV no later than friday night.

Music City Bowl:

Tennessee @ Florida St (AbolishtheFed)

Capitol One Bowl:

Florida @ Ohio St (Maslerboros16)

Fiesta Bowl

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) vs Texas
    Rose Bowl:

Penn St (Hokie effect) vs Miami (Bravejaf)

Sugar Bowl:

Oregon (Tmac6412) vs Nebraska (Pipehitter531)

Cotton Bowl:

Georgia vs Oklahoma (Ceewo)

Alamo Bowl:

Texas Tech (CWHarris1) vs Purdue

Orange Bowl:

VA Tech (DJ391) vs West Virginia

National Championship Game:

USC (HovatheGodMC) vs LSU

Good Luck Everyone

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am not able to log in for a few hours but did Michigan not make a bowl game?

3. Hova

lol My bad. You actually made a BCS bowl, and guess you get to playyyyyy? Texas.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Florida is a better opponent

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Thank you maybe I can avenge my 50 point drubbing at the hands of CNIC in last years conf challenge.

6. Hova

Holy Shit I am updating the records and the WR from Fresno St had 149 Receptions on the season. They must throw to him every play

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    149? If he went to USC he'd hold out of training for more pay.

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Lmaooooo at the sc reference howd he not win heisman? Haha oh wait cause Davis is abeast lol... No but he had damn near double the receptions with the same production so imagine if i were an asshole and git him 149 rec lol

9. Hova

Texas ended up passing Penn St as I expected with the big W.

Results and Records are fully updated now through Bowl Results

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

That's awesome!

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State dominates Florida (avenging the 2007 BCS NC loss) in the Capitol One Bowl 35-20. Florida was able to shut down OSU's run game but could do nothing to stop the pass, even though they recorded 4 INT's. Qb Rhoden was on fire as he threw for 499 yards and 4 TD's. He also managed to run one in, the only time Florida's rush defense slipped. JR WR James had a great game, possibly his last, catching 9 passes (one for 84 yards) for 2 TD's. HB Griffin touched the ball only 10 times for 38 yards, he went out of the game after a minor injury.

Ohio State caps off the season at 11-2 and showed EA not to mess with them EVER AGAIN.

12. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Column 1
    Georgia 14 Oklahoma 17
    14 Score 17
    12 First Downs 20
    350 Total Offense 338
    26-187-2 Rushes - Yards - TD 31-119-1
    13-28-0 Comp - Att - TD 17-34-1
    163 Passing Yards 219
    3-11 (27%) 3rd Down Conv 7-12(58%)
    1-5 (20%) 4th Down Conv 0-1 (0%)
    0-0 (0%) 2-Point Conv 0-0 (0%)
    1 Turnovers 3
    0-0 Penalties - Yards 3-15
    10:11 T.O.P. 14:24

This is the 2nd straight season that Oklahoma has played in the Cotton Bowl. Last year we were dominated by Alabama. HB Trent Richardson ran wild against our defense, going for 250+ yards. We did not want to see a similar performance against the Bulldogs.

1st Quarter
    Georgia got the ball first and moved the ball at will. HB Winston finished the drive with a 36 yard TD run. Here we go again.... Oklahoma was not having much luck on offense. The WR's were dropping balls, 8 in total on the game. 3 were on the opening drive. But we some how managed to get into the red-zone. Senior QB Harris would once again throw a red-zone INT.

2nd Quarter
    Both offense would slow down. It wasn't until late in the quarter that Oklahoma finally got a drive going. Senior HB Herbert Fowler was beginning to find some running room and finished the drive with a 1 yard run. Not to be out done, Bulldog HB Winston would break a 76 yard TD run just 15 seconds later. Oklahoma would come right back and score before halftime. Harris would connect with Kemp for a 12 yard TD strike.

3rd Quarter
    Late in the quarter, Georgia was driving..looking to take the lead. Senior CB Jeremy Stover may have saved the game when he intercepted a pass to kill the drive.

4th Quarter
    After the INT, the Sooners would drive down and kick a go ahead 21 yard FG. After that the Sooner D and running game was able to finish off the feisty Bulldogs.

Oklahoma finishes the season with a bowl win for the first time in the coach Ceewo era. We finished 11-2 with losses to Texas and Baylor(ugh). The seniors played well in the bowl game.

Looking forward to next year we are excited about the continued development of WR Mike Harris(jr) and WR Andy Marks(fr). Both played extremely well. We also will lose 2 senior HB's who combined for 1244 yards and 22 TD. Redshirt Freshman Chaz Benjamin will have big shoes to fill.

13. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 42
    Miami- 21

The Nittany Lions were able to strug off 3 early turnovers and put up a great balance offensive gameplan together with 298yds in the air and 196yds on the ground and 7/8 3rd down conv. Penn State was able to put constant pressure on Miami's offense recording 8 sacks and knocking out the starting QB late in the second half. This game was actually very close early in the second half when Miami fumbles an option pitch that Penn State scoops up for 6 to make it a 2 score lead that they would never look back. GG Bravejaf.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

In good for the Miami program, freshman James had a huge game. He rushed for around 150 yards and averaged almost 7 yards per carry. Sadly the offensive line only blocked for run and not pass so Austin/Robinson got murdered. Defensively Miami made some picks but struggled to cover the slot receivers.

Looking to next season, the leaders need to be:
    James - (FR) 1002 yards rushing, 16 TD
    Richardson - :)rs: SO) 100 tackles, 2 INT
    Matthews (SO) - led teams in sacks, tackles for loss

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Texas 25
    Michigan 34

trailing 19-7 at the end of the first half Michigan looked to repeat is miserable showing in Austin fromw two years ago. But Stanford Carpenter stepped it up in a big way throwing for two TDs threw the air while SR HB added three on the ground to upset Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. Freshman Rhett Rollins hauled in 8 passes on the day for a TD and 124 yards. Michigan ends the season 10-3.

16. Hova

Took down the mighty Longhorns! haha Nice win

17. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

yezzir.....good on ya, man. so glad they went down. i was so mad after the big 12 title game.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

i think losing conference pains me more than not getting a national championship

19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    They are good especially Earl Campbell in the backfield. On their first drive he broke through four tackles and tip toed the sideline for a forty yard scoring run.

20. Hova

If everyone gets there bowls in we can get to the offseason by this afternoon. Last time I checked just harris and DJ have CPU games and Nebraska and Oregon are playing at 1pm EST

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

VaTech-49
    WVU-18

va tech raidedthe air in this game throwing for 578 yards all from starting qb Rashaun Smith. Derwin Davis broke the single season recieving yards record having 89 receptions for 2135 yards. Thars more impressive because Ca Tech had a receiver with over 1500 yards freshman Mike Davis and a 1000 yard rusher in Greg Halloway. Derwin also won the Heisman and the Maxwell but not the Best Wr? Righttt.. Smith was the first freshman to win the Best Qb award as well as Adkins winning the Thorpe.

Overall it was a great season for a young Hokie team that will return atleast 90% of their starters having 51 underclassman.

22. Hova

I am headed out of town. Harris is playing tonight. I will be back and advance first thing in the morning and play my Title Game if I have time before work

23. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 24
    Nebraska - 10

The Oregon Ducks were able to capture their first major bowl win under coach tmac6412 as the Ducks were able to beat Nebraska 24-10. Things started bleak for Oregon when Nebraska's backup RB broke open a long run for a TD to take an early 7-0 advantage.

However, a combination of a great defensive effort and timely plays on offense helped the Ducks get the W. Oregon were led by a slew of seniors.

Despite being held in check for most of the day from a tough Cornhusker front 7, Taylor Wilcox managed 51 yards and a few nice runs.The Ducks QB also had a nice last game with two TD's and 200 yards passing.

On defense, Parker and Clamente combined for three picks.

24. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Red Raiders get their first bowl win under Coach Harris, beating Purdue 28-14. This one's been a long time coming.

25. Hova

Congrats Harris!!