1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2014 C2C Freshman of the Year: Nomination Stage

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay guys, after finally completing the 2013 award, it is time to send in your nominees for 2014.

Rather than ask for PM's, I think it would be better if you guys post in this thread. Perry can stick the thread, and you can submit nominees all season as you see your Freshmen develop.

I think a rolling nomination phase will be more effective after learning a bit from last season's award.

Post 'em if you got 'em!

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Are first year JUCO's eligible? If not, ignore my QB below:

LSU candidates (I'll post stats as the season progresses):
    QB Trey Jones (JUCO Jr) - starter
    WR Scott Vinson (RS Fr) - 4th WR
    OLB Matt Brooks (true Fr) - starter
    MLB Tyler Spicer (true Fr) - 2nd string
    OLB Jason Miller (true Fr) - starter
    SS AJ Jackson (RS Fr) - starter

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No first year JUCO's -- we'll stick to true froshies and redshirted froshies.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

OK, figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

No need for nominations, the award is going to FR Justin Guidry on Florida. He is starting at tight end and playing wide receiver in 4/5 wide sets. In his first game he had 4 catches for like 120 yards and 1 TD. The 6'6 TE/WR has better hands than any receiver on my roster and has good speed for his size.

I also have a freshman starting at SS, though I'm not sure it will be RS FR Kevin Waller (slow) or FR Ryan Garrett (faster, lower overall rating). Not sure if I have any other freshman playing significant time, outside of my punter/kicker.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont think I have any Freshman contributing anywhere. Ill check on this though