2014 C2C Mid-Season Coach Interviews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MaxATX34, Jan 14, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Thought I'd take the liberty of making one of these.

ESPN has you on the phone and the fans want to know!

1. What has impressed you the most about your team this season?

2. In what area does your team need to improve for a strong finish?

3. Is your squad BCS bound?

4. Who is your biggest surprise player this season?

5. What game is circled on your calendar right now?

6. How is your recruiting class coming along?

7. Any potential award-winners/record-breakers on your team?

8. When its all said and done, who do you think will be hoisting the crystal?

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think the run game and defense have been even better than expected. Traylon Shead has really shouldered the load on offense, especially after Connor Wood's injury. On defense, there are some upper-classmen actually living up to their billing. Caldwell(CB) and Lee(FS) especially.

The defense can always get better right? Getting Connor Wood back will definitely ease the minds of his coaches as the passing game isnt perfect yet.

I dont know yet. The loss to WVU makes things precarious but if history is any indicator, we locked up our spot in the Big 12 Championship Game. So right now our chances are good but not great.

its hard to be surprised when they all look good on paper, but Traylon Shead is very important to Texas right now. We have a talented young back that is trying to red shirt and Shead has to stay healthy for that to happen.

They're all circled! No, but the Huskers took away our shot at the National Championship last year. We cant afford to sleep on anyone though.

There are a lot of holes to fill, but the class looks solid so far. Picked up a couple of studs at "need" positions and we figure to finish with one of the top 5 classes.

Well, when Connor Wood comes back he may have a chance to break some records. History has shown us to be a team full of stars rather than a program known for racking up individual awards. Dont forget about our P/K Patrick Morales though. He is one of the best in the country.

Ohio State is #1 right now so I'll have to give the nod to them. Of course, I'd be lying if I said Texas isnt trying to 1-loss their way to glory.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll post after I get a more accurate assessment of my squad. I have only played one user game through week 6 but I get BDS this week. After that game I should know if my team is a contender or a pretender.

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

1. The passing game has been great for Wvu this season. At the start of the season we were looking to be a run first team but just don't have the running backs for it. With brunetti at qb and a solid wr corp, passing has become the main focal point at Wvu.

2. We need better play up front on both sides of ball.

3. I think we are BCS bound. I look at the schedule and don't see any reason why we can't represent the Big East in a BCS bowl.

4. So far it's been our young wrs behind our two studs on the outside. We thought there would be a huge drop off when we went 3 and 4 wide, but what they lack in experience they make up for in speed.

5. NOTRE DAME! we are looking to kick those little leprechauns all over the field.

6. Piss poor. We've been able to fill one position with a :4 stars: olb but other than that it's tough sledding. We are focusing on some juco players that we hope will help out next season while we are getting bak in the recruiting race with the other teams

7. QB brunetti has a shot to possibly win something and break records.

8. I'd like to say WVU but that coach at Oregon looks to be the one to do it this season

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Ha ha, thats funny since the rest of us could have answered that question before the season even started. [​IMG]

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

ESPN has you on the phone and the fans want to know!

The defense has been stout shutting down all our opponents. In both our user games we have forced 5 turnovers and cruised to victory.

We need to boost our passing game vs users. We havent really opened up the playbook yet though as we've been in position to play smart, safe football.

Yes.

Josh Huff redshirt senior wide receiver. This guy is a stud on paper and a 4 year starter but couldn't catch a cold, big dissapointment.

USC. It's the only game that matters every year.

Garbage.

Of course not.

Oregon

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The offensive line has been excellent so far this year.

Special Teams!!!!! Field Position is going to be a real factor against Florida, Michigan, and Oklahoma

Oh I'd have to think so. Unless Bondzai is able to play his game against me with his faulty disk. If he can then you never know.

QB Taylor Graham has been very good. He's thrown alot of picks, but most of that is me. When I've made good decisions he's been great.

Florida

so/so...I filled all my need positions but missed out on my top prospect which was QB David Smith...I'd grade it a C thus far.

Probably not.

This might be our year! But I'll say Beazus get's over the hump this year.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

1. What has impressed you most about your team this season?
    Easy, the play of new QB Trey Jones. Trey is a Juco transfer, and I figured I would have zero passing game this year, even with stud WR Tharold Simon, because I assumed that the QB position would be a disaster. The first 2 CPU games I didn’t try to throw much, but then he went for 300+ vs USC (because we fell behind), and 350+ vs Florida, so there may be something there after all. Of course, have a 6’4” speed WR to throw to helps…..
    Defense. We suck at it. We can’t tackle, can’t get off blocks, can’t cover WR’s, can’t rush the passer. Other than that we’re pretty good.
    Nah – we suck at defense. The problem is we’re young and not very talented compared to the other superstar teams in this OD. So we’re probably not making a run, and I’m not real confident that I’ll get a user win with this team. That said, I’m actually pleased overall that we only lost to USC and Florida by a combined 5 points. I figured both games would be 2 scores blowouts.
    3. Is your squad BCS bowl bound?
    Not likely, unless we somehow beat Alabama. But unless the Tide plane crashes on the way home from one of their games, that ain’t happening.
    4. Who is your biggest surprise player?
    QB Trey Jones.
    5. What game is circled on your calendar?
    Alabama (I guess). I have zero chance of winning, but I promise to at least try this year. This team is bad, but they are bad players I recruited, so that’s something.
    Pretty well, all things considered. We’ve signed 11 guys, mostly 4 stars, and I’m likely going to get every guy I targeted but one. None are stars, but all should be able to contribute next year.
    7. Any potential award winners/record breakers on your team?
    WR Tharold Simon is having a ridiculous season. He has just over 1,000 yards in 6 games (nearly 400 yards in 2 user games vs USC and Florida) and 8 TD’s. He has about 6-7 catches of more than 50 yards already, including a 96 yard TD on a corner route early in the season. Flat out stud.
    HB Jakhari Gore is having a great year as well, with about 850 yards so far, but his stats in user games are less impressive, mainly because my defense is so bad that I’ve fallen behind quickly in both games and had to throw to keep up.
    8. When it is all said and done, who hoists the crystal?
    I think Cole gets Oregon to the title game, and he’ll play whoever wins the SEC, I’ll say that’s Florida. Oregon wins the title.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Our defense. We have shut down CPU opponents and are holding them to under 10 points on average so far, which for a B+ rated unit is pretty impressive. Against Texas, I thought our defense played really well - the offense didn't help them out at all and we were still in the game in the 4th quarter. The switch to the 3-4 base seems to really fit our personnel, and we're able to maximize our results with the talent that we have.

Protecting the football. We were good at that up until the Texas game where we turned it over 7 times, including 4 fumbles. Those fumbles CAN NOT happen moving forward. We can live with the picks a bit as the last two were in comeback efforts, although we should be cutting down on those as well.

Yes, I think we are. We still have Oregon and Ohio State on the schedule, but I think we'll win one of those games. I think with our strength of schedule, we can make a BCS game at 10-2. If the chips fall right and we win out, anything is possible.

FR(RS) QB turned WR Bryce Crowder. We were so weak at WR that this QB needed to be converted, and he worked his way up to #2 on the depth chart. He is our #3 receiver in both receptions and yardage, but leads the team in touchdowns. Without his performance, we would not be as balanced on offense; he adds some depth so that our opponents cannot overplay our best WR Sheldon McClain.

We have two whole weeks circled on our calendar, and they focus on Oregon and Ohio State. I fully expect to be carrying just the one loss into the Oregon game, before we head to Columbus the following week. Those two games will make, or break, our season.

Time will tell, but it is shaping up nicely. We have the bulk of our recruits coming in to see our game against Iowa State this weekend. We have 25 available scholarships this season, and look to be on track to sign at least 20 if you factor in those last few after the season ends. I must say that for needing so many recruits, the quality guys that we have located in this class and appear to be on track to sign has surprised me a bit.

At this point, I don't think so. There are some real studs out there in college football. Even though we run the spread, we're finding that even with Robinson's great arm we can't just sit back and pass, so we're staying balanced. This is keeping his stats rather grounded, but as teams adjust to us, we'll adjust to them.

Unfortunately not. With the great teams that are out there in the NCAA right now, I think we're a step away at the moment. I think you have to go 13-0/14-0 to hold that trophy this year, and with last weeks loss to Texas, I think we just have too much ground to make up. That said, if we can pull off a miracle and beat both Oregon and Ohio State to close our season, that may be enough to get us to the dance. Winning it, of course, is a whole different ballgame.

Oh wait... you didn't ask if OU would be holding the crystal, now did ya? It is far too early to tell if you ask me. If I have to go out on a limb, I'm going to go with Ohio State. They're ready.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Their ability to play through a faulty disk.

Defense, it’s kind of like a sieve.

Fuckin A!

It’s no surprise, but Paris Alavarez is running the ball well.

What kind of dumbass interview question is that? Did you just graduate from some lame ass broadcasting school in North Dakota? It’s Ohio State you moron.

Pretty well. I picked up a couple of nice linemem and a FB which was a need.

QB Jason James could end up doing something big. If nothing else he’ll have the respect of all the guys on campus for telling people he’s the nephew of Jesse James and caught Sandra Bullock at a weak moment when they split up.

Any coach that doesn’t say his own team is a pussy.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

After my last game I would have to say the play of Josh Manning has to be the most impressive thing this season for Florida. He made enough big throws to win the LSU game and single handedly won the game against Ohio State. For the season Manning has just 2 interceptions in his first 6 games. The lack of turnovers has allowed the offense to control the flow of the game. Manning is also getting loads of help from true freshman tight end Justin Guidry, who leads the team in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns.

The defense needs to improve. The front seven has talent and I'd argue the starting linebackers are among the best units in the country. The Ohio State offensive line overwhelmed the defensive line in that game and Smith had huge lanes to run through. In the LSU game it was the pass coverage that nearly cost us that game. LSU had close to 400 yards passing and WR Tharold Simon accounted for more than 200 yards receiving in that game. Against Texas and Alabama we can't expect to score on every drive, so the defense will need to improve.

We should be in line for a BCS bowl if we can win at least 1 of 2 the remaining user games on the schedule. The ideal situation would have us winning those games and locking up the #1 spot going into the BCS Championship.

I have to go with Manning on this one. He was benched in the first game after a poor performance but has turned into a different player since that game. He currently has a QB rating that is comfortably over 200.0 and has just 2 interceptions on the season.

The Texas game is big but Florida's most important game will be the conference title game. The Gators have watched Alabama walk away with 4 consecutive conference championships and that is not sitting well with fans in Gainsville. A one-loss season means nothing if Florida again finishes second in the conference.

Not as well as I would like this season, but still happy with some of the recruits I landed. Upset I missed out on the #1 player for the second season in a row but I did lock up a couple solid :5stars: players. The next few weeks will be key for Florida's recruiting as many players are close to signing with the school. Either way the Gators should be loaded next season thanks to an impressive haul the previous season. Most of those players are sitting out this season so they will be redshirt freshmen next season.

Justin Guidry should be taking home a freshman All-American spot and he should be a strong contender for C2C Freshman of the Year. Aside from that I don't see any players having a dominant season, but Fields could make a late run at his second straight Linebacker of the Year award.

I'm going with Florida. This is our year and we are not going to let Texas or Alabama screw that up. If I do lose one of those games then Texas and/or Alabama may sneak back into the race. Oregon is also a team to look out for, they have a couple tough but winnable user games. Nebraska proved they could beat Texas so the Huskers could also make some noise this year.

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

We lost a lot of talent from a Husker team that made an appearance in last year's National Title game. Although the marquee players are gone, I believe this team is setting out to prove that last year was no fluke.

I think our running game will need to improve in order to win Nebraska's remaining user games.

Tough to say. I guess we have a decent shot.

CB Lawrence Rush was picked on a lot by the opposition in his first year. This year, the Sophomore has been a difference maker and already has two defensive scores.

Its gotta be Texas. Not so much the regular season match but the Conference Championship Game.

This year has been difficult. Nebraska lost key recruits to Texas, Notre Dame, and USC but then again, whats new? Luckily, the Huskers only have 11 available scholarships so we should be able to field a decent recruiting class this year.

Senior DT Chase Rome is having an outstanding season and should be a finalist for the Lombardi Award.

Oregon? Florida? Texas? All three have a decent chance to win it all this year.

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The running game with Dontae Williams has been amazing. This guy makes Baxter look like a chump.
    The OL and DL have been dominating and hope to keep that going.

QB play with BJ Charles needs to step up or he will be supplanted by Scroggins.

Yes. I am looking forward to proving that 6th star isnt a fluke.

DE Rod Rouse has been a beast with 4 sacks already in the season.

Oregon

Very nicely. I have 9 top 150 recruits including a 5 star ath which looks like a WR.

Dontae Williams

I think this is the Gators year.
    [​IMG]

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

We are with Coach Papa Perry at a local bar called O'Malley's in his hometown. (He is shitfaced)

The way our defense has played. Yea we have had some bad losses but they are mainly from turnovers that were turned into points rather than bad defensive plays.

We have to start winning the turnover battles and stronger play in the secondary could help.

I'd like to think so, but with us already losing 2 user games I have to think that Dru may keep me from getting there.

OLB Nick Russell has established himself as a very balanced player. Brought in to simply rush the QB, he has shown good coverage skills with 2 INTs on the year.

Nothing against Smalls, but I can lose to him and still make the SEC title game. Coach Dru and the Tigers are my number one threat and I need to get past what has appeared to be a pesky bunch of over-achievers.

This class is doing quite well for everything I need. With the chance of Nick Russell leaving early with senior team mate Vincent Robbins, we needed a guy that could come in and play that Jack linebacker role and Isaac Williams is that guy. He will definitely be the highlight of this recruiting class.

Jason Robinson looks to break the Alabama career rushing yards and TD records by the end of the season. He only needs one more TD and about 400 more yards.

If he doesn't choke, Coach Cole and the Ducks have this wrapped up. His team is playing great ball and has made a habit of winning the turnover battle. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Leon hoist the crystal.