1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2014 Clemson Tigers

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

[​IMG]

Season Outlook:

Welcome back Tiger Fans!!! Your 2014 Tigers look to improve on a successful 2013 season by getting back to the NC game and coming away with a win. 2013 was a great year for Clemson on the field and the recruiting trail. This year projects to be more of the same.

Your offense will be led by senior QB #1 Tim Harper and All-American sophmore WR #82 Sammy Watkins. The will be Harper's first year as a starting QB in the college ranks so hopefully the spotlight and high expectations will not prove to be too much for this signal-caller. WR Sammy Watkins on the other hand, started every game last year and is a sesoned veteran as a sophomore. Big things are expected out of this 6'2" 211 burner of a wide-reciever.

The running back duties will be split between senior HB #24 Demont Buice and sophomore HB #31 Mike Davis. Each back brings a little something different for defenses, Buice is a bruiser and is very difficult to bring down. Davis is much more of an elusive back with better acceleration and ball skills.

The 2014 defense is going through somewhat of a rebuilding phase. After losing alot of players to the NFL draft and graduation, senior DE #13 Tavaris Barnes will be the anchor for this Tiger defense at the left end position. Clemson will be playing several underclassmen in this years defense. Starting RE #96 Brian Franklin is a sophomore, DT #99 Russell Payne sophomore, LOLB #51 Bo Thomas sophomore, MLB #52 Thomas Adams sophomore, CB #46 Jason Johnston sophomore, and FS #48 Harold Shafter is a true-freshman. This defense should get better as the season progresses, as long as they can keep the oppossing offenses off the field and gather in a few turnovers, this season should be a success.

Rectuiting:

Clemson hits the recruiting trail this year looking to fill two major holes in their roster. The needs this year are at DE and CB. The Tigers need 1 DE and 2 CB. They also are hoping to land several blue chip athelets to help bolster thier roster and propel the Tigers to the NC again!!

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

2014 Commit List

Scholarships: 11 + 3 + 7 = 21

1. :4stars:OLB (#7) David Garcia - Run Stopper - 6'3" 249 - Myrtle Beach, SC
    2. :2stars:FB (#3) Scott Yound - Blocking - 6'1" 230 - Holdenville, OK
    3. :4stars:WR (#4) Simon Robinson - Possession - 6'1" 174 - Vidalia, GA
    4. :4stars:DE (#6) Dan Smith - Run Stopper - 6'5" 236 - Hartsville, SC
    5. :4stars:QB (#7) Ryan Upshaw - Pocket Passer - 6'2" - Ardmore, OK

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I lost half of my recruiting board this week and I need to sign over 20 players!!! Doesn't look like i'm gonna come close to that.

4. C Young

C Young Walk On

Temple will soon overtake Clemson due to stellar recruiting!! :)

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

LOL....OK... I love the confidnce...Go Temple

6. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

2 bowl losses in a row????? I'm hearing rumors that the coach can't win the big one..

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Shhhh...don't say that too loud, the boosters might hear you.