2014 College Gameday Final

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Jolts57, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 1
    Featured Game
    [​IMG]
    In the only user vs user match-up of week 1, Georgia Techaarondramp knocks off Arkansas StateiBleedOrange247 24-3 in a sloppy game with 7 total turnovers.​
    Scores
    In a shocking upset Oregon State beat #8 UNCJolts57 23-17. Oregon State's QB S. Mannion led his team to victory by completing 88% of his passes.​
    #20 BYUUofCWildcat got the better end of a big week 1 shootout, defeating Miami 58-42.​
    In a big inter-conference match-up, BaylorblLL flo beats Iowa 27-10.​
    Kansas StateMasler edges out Tennessee 35-25.​
    Despite Navy QB K Brown putting on a dominant performance, The Maryland TerpsLSUTRUTH hold on for the 27-13 victory.​
    The SMU Mustangsjello1717 rush for over 300 yards in the 35-21 victory over Rice.​
    Despite LSU out-gaining and winning the turnover battle, TCUDarkwing gets the win 49-21.​
    Top Performers
    1) BYU QB T. Mangum put on a show, completing 20/27 passes for 490 yards and 6 TDs.
    2) TCU QB M. Brown completed 13/20 passes for 393 yards and 6 TDs in the win over LSU.
    3) Georgia Tech CB Larry Hope helps lead his team to victory with an interception and a forced fumble in the user vs user victory over Arkansas State.​

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Good stuff Jolt. Nice read.

3. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 2
    FEATURED GAME
    [​IMG]
    #11 MarylandLSUTRUTH defeats #23 BYUUofCWildcat in an overtime thriller. The two teams combined for almost 1100 yards total offense but this game came down to a huge interception by the Maryland defense in overtime to seal yet another win for the ACC.​
    SCORES
    #22 North CarolinaJolts57 goes on the road and beats #25 SMUjello1717 17-14.​
    #12 Virginiadakota7 gets the easy victory over Arkansas State 24-6.​
    In a big user vs user, inter-conference game #7 FSUBig Suge Knight defeats Kansas StateMasler 23-17. The Seminoles won the turnover battle 3-1 in the win.​
    HELMET STICKERS
    1) Despite losing in overtime, BYU QB Tyler Mangum had a phenomenal game completing 24/37 of his passes for 454 yards and 4 TDs.​
    2) Maryland QB E. Parker led his team to victory in the overtime road win by throwing for over 500 yards and 2 touchdowns.​
    3) Kansas State HB DeMarcus Robinson rushes the ball 17 times for 131 yards and a TD.​

• Like Like x 5
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

At least Mangum is getting his respect :'( can't out that last pick on him. Fucking Colby Jorgensen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good job with this. Nice add to the content

6. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I'll catch up on this thread later in the week. Besides going to Miami setting me back a couple days, I was then sick the last couple days...Top that off with a big school project due Thursday /sigh

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 6
    FEATURED GAME
    [​IMG]
    In a huge week 7 ACC match-up, #3 FSUBig Suge Knight goes into Charlottesville and knocks off #7 Virginiadakota7 24-17. These two teams were very evenly matched. Their total yardage was 298 to 281, both teams had 90 rushing yards, within 3 minutes TOP, and no turnovers for either side. The standout player in this game was FSU QB James Winston who put together a solid game-winning drive in the final minute of the 4th. He finished with 276 total yards and 2 TDs in the victory.​
    SCORES
    #14 UNCJolts57 takes Death Valley by surprise, laying the smackdown on Clemson 42-14. UNC WR T. Thorp had a huge game, catching 7 balls for 123 yards.​
    Despite turning the ball over four times, #19 BYUUofCWildcat still manages to take out #22 Oklahoma 56-21. Tyler Mangum had another huge day, passing for over 500 yards and 5 TDs, but he also threw 4 interceptions.​
    With over 200 yards and 2 TDs on just 4 throws in the last 2 minutes, #23 Baylor@bill flo shows they've mastered the verticals, defeating #1 Texas 42-41 in the thriller.​
    #15 Georgia Techaarondramp destroys Tulsa 41-14 in the week 6 match-up. This was GT's most complete offensive performance of the season.​
    The two teams combined for 56 points in the second quarter and 8 total turnovers but in a close one #20 Houston@niuhuskie24 takes out Texas Tech 56-49.​
    Kansas State cannot catch a break this season. Coach Masler decided to make a QB switch to D. Sams but that experiment only lasted 5 passes with 2 of those passes getting picked off. QB T. Bender came in and had his best game of the season, but it wasn't enough to overcome to hole Sams put the team into. Nevada defeats Kansas StateMasler 52-49.​
    Maryland QB E. Parker tried his hardest to lose the game for his team, completing only 38% of his passes, but in the end MarylandLSUTRUTH still managed to pull off the close win vs Virginia Tech 23-21(or 30-14? stupid f***ing EA site shows different scores in different places).​
    The score may not show it, with SMUjello1717 only defeating TCUDarkwing 38-24, but this game wasn't even close. SMU converted 70% of their 3rd downs, 80% completions, 251 yards rushing, and no turnovers in Jello's 2nd consecutive user vs user win.​
    Helmet Stickers
    1) Who do you give this sticker to? The QB who found the stud receiver 10 times for 282 yards, or the guy who managed to get open and grab all those balls? This is a tie between Baylor QB B. Petty who threw for 435 yards and 6 TDs and Baylor WR C Coleman who caught 10 balls for 282 yards and 2 TDs---both TD catches in the final two minutes of the close win vs Texas​
    2) Even though neither of these QBs put up huge numbers, both led their teams to huge wins over ACC opponents. FSU QB James Winston helped lead his team to the win over Clemson with 267 yards total offense, 2 TDs, and no INTs. UNC QB Marquise Williams has another solid performance in the win vs Carolina rival, Clemson. He completed 71% of his passes and had 2 TDs in the victory.​
    3) Georgia Tech sophomore FS Lamar Brunner had the game of his life, with an interception and two forced fumbles.​

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Seriously i had 3 picks coming into OU, throw 4 in the game. They were all bullshit too. WRs not making efforts to come back to the ball or just not running good routes.

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

[​IMG]
    WEEK 7
    FEATURED GAME
    [​IMG]
    #3 MarylandLSUTRUTH barely gets past Arkansas StateiBleedOrange247 with the 17-16 win. The Terps were down 16-14 entering the fourth quarter and struggled to get any offense going, but with the game on the line Maryland converted a 4th and 26 then ate up the clock and kicked a field goal as time expired to grab the win. After this game we have to wonder...is Maryland overrated? They struggled to get past the 3-4 Red Wolves. Last week the Terps barely beat unranked Vtech. Is it possible the #3 team will go down to Pittsburgh this week?​
    SCORES
    #15 SMUjello1717 crushes ISU in the 52-27 victory. ISU couldn't contain SMU's balanced rushing attack. The Mustangs had four rushers with over 70 yards.​
    #1 FSUBig Suge Knight dominates another ACC team, winning 55-21. FSU CB Keelin Smith had two picks in the game.​
    #17 BaylorblLL flo beats the struggling Oklahoma Sooners 27-17. Despite getting out-gained in both passing and rushing, the Bears hold on for the win.​
    In a big conference match-up, #14 BYUUofCWildcat knocks off #21 TCUDarkwing 39-37. This game game down to the wire when TCU scored a touchdown as time expired but failed to tie on the 2-pt attempt.​
    The #9 Virginia Cavaliersdakota7 beat down on Wake Forest and win 45-17. Virgina QB David Watford had 5 total touchdowns in the effort.​
    #6 Houston@niuhuskie 224 edge out Kansas StateMasler 27-21. Kansas State kept up with the #6 Houston Cougars but the Kansas State turnovers lost the game.​
    HELMET STICKERS
    1) Virginia QB David Watford completed 76% of his passes for 216 yards and a TD, and he also rushed for over 100 yards and 4 TDs.​
    2) BYU WR Mitch Matthews had the game of his life with 222 receiving yards on 6 catches in the victory.​
    3) BYU freshman DE Cedric Tyler had a huge game, sacking the QB four times in the win vs TCU.​
    4) Kansas State HB Demarcus Robinson has another great game, rushing for 126 yards and 2 TDs on only 14 carries.​

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

[​IMG]
    WEEK 8
    GAME OF THE WEEK
    [​IMG]
    #6 Houstonniuhuskie224 kicks a last-second field goal to beat the #15 SMU Mustangsjello1717 23-20. The first half was SEC-style with Houston leading 6-3 at halftime. SMU QB Brad Simmons had a great day running the ball with his option game, but he made a crucial mistake early 3rd quarter throwing a pick to Houston MLB Derrick Matthews who took the ball 47 yards for a TD. The Mustangs kicked a field goal late in the 4th quarter after Houston got a crucial stop on 3rd down. With just two minutes left in a tie game, Houston QB D. Piland saved his best for last. He quickly led his team into field goal position then ate up the clock and Houston kicked a field goal with just one second left to get the 23-20 win.​
    With their first conference loss, SMU falls to 5-2 overall(3-1 conf). The Houston Cougars have proved they can win close games. Five of their six wins have come by a combined margin of 20 points. Maybe it's time Houston starts receiving the respect they deserve in the power rankings. BYU, TCU, and SMU all lost this week so both UNC and Houston should both jump in the rankings, but is it possible undefeated Houston will even overtake the Tarheels for #5?​
    SCORES
    In a game that was delayed twice by rain, #11 UNCJolts57 knocks off Georgia Techaarondramp 34-21. GT QB Synjyn Davis has a dismal game, throwing 5 interceptions. With the win, the Tarheels move to #1 in the ACC Coastal. UNC controls their own destiny and can clinch the division with a win over Virginia later in the season(or a GT victory over Virginia, Go Yellow Jackets!)​
    For the second week in a row, the #9 Virginia Cavaliersdakota7 put up over 45 points in a win. Today the Cavaliers tore up Texas Tech 55-17. Virginia put up 35 points in the 2nd quarter and that would pretty much decide the game. Virginia QB David Watford had a monster day, completing 70% of his passes and throwing 5 touchdowns with no interceptions. Senior CB Demetrious Nicholson also had two interceptions in the victory.​
    Oklahoma State was just too much for #14 BYUUofCWildcat today. The Cowboys had 2 rushers gain over 140 on the ground in the 53-36 victory, and on the flipside BYU had a measly 5 yards rushing. BYU QB Tyler Mangum has been putting up huge numbers all season but 5 touchdowns doesn't mean much when you also throw 6 interceptions. Perhaps it's time BYU takes advantage of their powerful offensive line and gives HB Nate Carter some carries.​
    In a game that could have been game of the week, #17 BaylorblLL flo gets the crazy win over #21 TCUDarkwing 41-38. With just 1:21 left in regulation in a tie game, Baylor receiver Antwan Goodley caught a 43-yard TD to put the Bears up by a touchdown. On the ensuing kickoff, TCU HB Shaun Chase took the ball 100 yards to the house, to tie the game at 38-38, but TCU left Baylor too much time. The Bears got into field goal range and Baylor kicker Michael Williams sealed the deal with a 23-yard kick as time expired. Baylor receiver Nate Richard willed his team to victory, with 122 receiving yards and 3 TDs in the win.​
    In yet another game that came down to a field goal as time expired, #1 FSUBig Suge Knight escapes Madison with the 41-38 victory over the Badgers. QB James Winston had another great game, completing 19/29 passes for 443 yards, 3 TDs, and one INT. Winston did a great job of spreading out his throws, hitting 4 different receivers for at least 90 yards and a TD.​
    Despite losing the turnover battle, Kansas State'sMasler rushing attack was just too much for the Cyclones. Star HB Derrick Robinson had over 200 yards in the 50-37 win over Iowa State.​
    The #3 MarylandLSUTRUTH defense was just too much for Pittsburgh today. The Terps come out with the 34-10 victory.​
    HELMET STICKERS
    [​IMG]
    1) FSU QB James Winston helps FSU hold on to their undefeated season with one of the most balanced passing attacks we've ever seen. He hit 4 different receivers for at least 90 yards and a TD and threw for over 440 yards.​
    2) Baylor sophomore WR Nate Richard led his team to victory with 122 yards receiving and 3 TDs in the close win.​
    3) Virginia QB David Watford completed 14/20 passes for over 200 yards and 5 TDs in the win over Texas Tech.​
    4) With the first non-user helmet sticker of the year, Oklahoma State freshman CB Chris Bowser had 3 interceptions in the game vs BYU today.​

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Great stuff here.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

You keep calling him James, but that's not his names (I added the "s" so I could rhyme).

winston.JPG

You'd think a Hurricane fan would know about a superstar recruit like this signed by their rival. I certainly know about the studs that aOSU and MSU sign.

13. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

He's from Alabama, not Miami :p When I lived down there I certainly knew about all the high school talent from schools like Northwestern, North Miami High, etc since I went to a lot of the games and I was an assistant coach at Coral Gables High...but since moving to Daytona Beach and not being involved I don't really keep up on incoming recruits.

14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Where at in Daytona are you now. Are you still coaching football

15. jello1717

I was talking about the fact that he's going to FSU. It wouldn't matter if a guy was from Alaska, if he's a stud and going to aOSU, I'd know about him.

16. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Haven't really had the time man. When I was in the Navy I was working 3-day weeks and had a TON of spare team, and used my coaching to help recruit :)

Currently living in west Port Orange(Samsula) and just started going to school so don't have time to coach anymore because of school and work ><

17. LSUTRUTH

I know exactly where that is. Iam about 45 minutes North of you

18. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

St Augustine? I actually went to UNF for a few months before enlisting so I've been up there quite a bit ^_^

19. LSUTRUTH

Im actually in Palm Coast.

20. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

ahhh gotcha

21. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I think I jynxed you niuhuskie224

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

[​IMG]
    WEEK 9
    GAME OF THE WEEK
    [​IMG]
    This week's Gameday final comes to you from Atlanta, where the #3 Maryland TerpsLSUTRUTH barely squeaked by #21 Georgia Techaarondramp for the 69-67 quadruple overtime win. The two teams combined for 10 turnovers during a very ugly first four quarters, but then both offenses kicked it into overdrive in overtime and the teams combined for 54 points in the extra periods. Georgia Tech HB Broderick Snoddy had three touchdowns in the second half, including the game-tying score to send the game into overtime. Overtime was a back and forth affair with some crazy action. During the third OT the Yellow Jackets failed their 2-pt conversion so Maryland had a chance to win but they also failed their 2-pt conversion. In the fourth OT the Terps quickly scored and converted the 2, but GT failed their 2-pt conversion and Maryland held on for the 69-65 overtime victory.​
    Coach LSUTRUTH was ecstatic to leave Atlanta with the win. Coach LSUTRUTH said "Once again our boys made the plays when they needed to. This is the fifth game we've won by 3 points or less so I'm very proud of the resilience this team has shown. We need to stay focused though. The next few games are winnable but I just hope my boys aren't looking past these teams to FSU." After yet another tough loss, coach aarondramp said "It's disappointing we blew the fourth quarter lead but we learned today that we can keep up with anyone if we play our best. We've lost our last two games to top 10 ranked ACC opponents and it certainly won't get any easier. Next week we're traveling to face #20 Miami and hopefully we can pull off the upset and keep our bowl hopes alive."​
    SCORES
    The Tarheels'@Jolts57 defense dominates in the 28-10 win over Vtech. North Carolina lost two key starters early in the game. Star HB Giovani Bernard went down for the season on the first play from scrimmage and three players later QB Marquise Williams twisted his ankle and will miss four games, including the big showdown next week against Virginia.​
    Arkansas StateiBleedOrange247 loses to Clemson 26-17. Yet again the ACC shows their dominance over another ACC school :p
    #22 BYUUofCWildcat takes care of business, beating Kansas StateMasler 41-27. After struggling the last couple weeks, BYU QB Tyler Magnum bounced back completing 25/32 passes for 418 yards and 5 TDs.​
    After finally getting the national coverage the Cougars have been looking for, Houstonniuhuskie224 loses a tough one to Texas 48-41. In the loss, Houston HB Brandon Wilson had 185 yards and 2 touchdowns.​
    SMUjello1717 runs all over West Virginia and gets the 49-21 victory. The Mustangs' ground game was completely dominant, racking up 394 rushing yards.​
    TCUDarkwing holds off a furious fourth quarter comeback by Nevada and wins 31-26. TCU WR Brandon Carter had a great game, catching 6 passes for 185 yards and 3 TDs.​
    Virginia'sdakota7 balanced offense was just too much for Pittsburgh today in the 45-10 win.​
    HELMET STICKERS
    1) TCU WR Brandon Carter helps lead his team to victory with 185 yards receiving and 3 TDs.​
    2) BYU QB Tyler Magnum bounces back from a couple rough games and has a great outing. Magnum passes for over 400 yards and 5 TDs in the win.​
    3) SMU's offensive line was completely dominant in the win vs WVU. The big boys came to play today and after putting up almost 400 yards rushing the whole o-line deserves the credit.​

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  23. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

That was actually an ACC game since Arky State was added.

24. jello1717

Uhhhhhhhhh.

Those are both ACC teams.

You know. The conference in which you play.

25. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Well technically the ACC still won that game ;) but yeah I didn't realize ark state was moved to the ACC lol