(2014) College Gameday Year 3

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Sep 19, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

Welcome fellow TSO-ers and Second to None crew to Season Three! Georgia proved to be the best team in the Nation last year with a 14-0 record with a young team and they will be returning a lot of key guys, can they repeat? The other contenders include: LSU, Notre Dame, FSU as usual then we have South Carolina and Mississippi State lurking in the shadows along with Nebraska. Illinois, Miami and Boston College have some work to do and they are on the right track to get there. S2N introduces two new coaches that have taken over Virginia Tech and Minnesota respectfully. Enough talk....

Let us look at our week 1 match ups:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    #11 @ #17

Lincoln, NE-- A lot of talk from the Nebraska AD in how this game was going to get scheduled in week 2 where Nebraska could have a chance to test out their defense while South Carolina sat at home preparing for the week 2 matchup. Well the S2N committee (final decision maker/dictator) decided against it and went ahead and squared them off against each other. Buckle up!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    NR @ #7

Tallahassee, FL-- Florida State AD was reluctant to schedule this in week 1 but their AD might go down in the history of college football in setting up one of the most ridiculous, difficult schedule of all time. Mississippi State head coach didn't particularly like the way the game went last year and he seems like he will have the troops ready to go this year.

A Look Around the Nation
    Team on Right denotes Home team

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. KnightNoles

No one can bitch about schedules until they compare theirs with FSU, the exception is S. Carolina. They are logging serious flight miles to begin the year.

(y)

4. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I don't mind the away games, just glad to get a respite in week 5. Pretty bold to give yourself 5 user games.

5. KnightNoles

It had to be done with LSU just didn't want to take Florida off the schedule but they have been beatin up on with all the SEC teams

6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Not this SEC team

7. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I have to be honest--it's getting to the point where I'm not enjoying this game anymore. I mean, I love recruiting and being in this league, but the game play itself is killing my urge to play. I just finished with UMass and won 48-10, but turning off the game was the best part.

I dropped five passes on offense, saw a player get called down after taking a hand-off with nobody around him, and saw the most ridiculous man coverage yet. I actually counted and every single time I ran man coverage I saw either a reception, dropped pass, or interception. There was not a single time in man coverage that I saw an incomplete pass that didn't hit somebody in the hands (this is coming from a 70 ovr QB with 73 tha). Meanwhile, I have an 84 ovr QB sailing throws and failing to complete slants with the mighty 60-some ovr CBs on my WR's backs. This game...

8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I have seen that handoff problem as well, very strange, as well as your other complaints, I agree.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Really? Come'on, I think you would have been better served staying at Wisconsin. It's going to happen, you just play the game as it is and there is nothing that you can do to change it. When you start getting too picky about things, that is when it will get the best of you. To have the game play out perfectly we would have to adjust the sliders insanely and it would just end up in a big fuck all, and I don't want to see that happen. The game is what it is. Just relax, have a cocktail and relax a bit brah!

• Like Like x 1
  10. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

It has nothing to do with what team I'm playing with. At the end of the day, I just think the game has a ton of issues and they're starting to get old.

11. chance17

chance17 Walk On

GG jusblaze09

Both offenses sputtered throughout most of the night, but a couple of big plays on D near the end and a couple of busted coverages on option plays sunk the Gamecocks.

12. KnightNoles

Just try and keep the negativity from being posted, please.

13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Badly timed penalties, costly turnovers doom the Bulldogs vs. FSU. Good game as always KnightNoles

On a side note, I don't care about the rules, I am not dealing with a custom playbook for the rest of the season, that lag made me want to throw something, not to mention how out of order everything was.

14. KnightNoles

Road game is too much!
    Bulldogs are humbled after a 37-25 loss in Tallahassee
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clint Trickett came off the bench to lead FSU to victory as Winston goes down for 4 weeks.

Tallahassee, FL-- Mississippi State came into the game wanting to prove so much, they seemed to amped up which would cost them some possessions. The Bulldogs had this one circled for almost a year after coming close to knocking off the Seminoles in 2013. This time around the score didn't really seem as close as it was, even though the Mississippi State had it down to 6 at 23-17.

A key possession happened in the fourth quarter, down 23-17 the Bulldogs called a long developing pass play but the pocket broke down, which gave the QB some room to make a scramble but instead he tries to throw it down field on the run where the safety makes a play on the ball and is picked. FSU would go down and score on the turnover pushing the lead 30-17. Another possession gave FSU the ball in Miss St territory and the Bulldogs had been gearing for the run most of the second half, this time Trickett worked the playaction and hit Christian Green who split two defenders in route for the touchdown, 37-17. The Bulldogs didn't lay quiet, they would end up scoring and getting a two point conversion to make the final score 37-25.

==================================​
    First Quarter
    2:29 TD FSU Rashad Greene WR #80 73 yard TD (Bruce Washington K #11 kick)
    Second Quarter
    3:18 FG FSU Bruce Washington K #11 24 yard FG
    1:25 TD Miss St Derrick Milton HB #42 59 yard TD (Baker Swedenburg P #39 kick)
    0:47 TD FSU Jarred Haggins WR #12 41 yard TD from Clint Trickett QB #9 (Bruce Washington K #11 kick)
    0:00 FG FSU Bruce Washington K #11 38 yard FG
    Third Quarter
    4:13 FG Miss St Baker Swedenburg P #39 39 yard FG
    0:49 FG FSU Bruce Washington K #11 36 yard FG
    0:34 TD Miss St Nick Griffin HB #29 76 yard TD (Baker Swedenburg P #39 kick)
    Fourth Quarter
    5:41 TD FSU Devonta Freeman HB #8 3 yard TD (Bruce Washington K #11 kick)
    4:06 TD FSU Christian Green WR #89 49 yard TD from Clint Trickett QB #9 (Bruce Washington K #11 kick)
    0:25 TD Miss St Joe Morrow WR #85 9 yard TD from Dak Prescott QB #15 (2-Pt)
    ==================================​
    C. Trickett 11/15 249 Yards 2 TDs
    Jameis Winston 0/4
    D. Bowen 18/27 156 Yards INT
    D. Prescott 5/7 63 Yards TD
    D. Freeman 20 Att 60 Yards TD
    N. Griffin 6 Att 91 Yards TD
    D. Milton 3 Att 72 Yards TD
    J. Haggins 3 Rec 109 Yards TD
    C. Green Rec 49 Yards TD
    J. Morrow 6 Rec 68 Yards TD
    N. Griffin 8 Rec 60 Yards
    N. Waisome 7 Tackles FF
    K. Williams 4 Tackles Sack
    K. Hicks 3 Tackles INT
    U. Eligwe 3 Tackles Sack
    G. Newberry 2 Tackles Sack
    M. Edwards 2 Tackles Sack
    F. Bohanna 5 Tackles Sack
    Good game again broth262

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ND starts out the season with a bang!

2012-09-20 11.39.55.jpg
    2012-09-20 11.41.17.jpg

ND's running game showed up huge, and fr qb Wiggins played the entire 2nd half and put up some impressive numbers.

16. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

17. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

Write up to come, gf is doing hw on the cpu and I'm on the phone.

18. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I'm headed to Morgantown today, wont be back until late Saturday

20. KnightNoles

If you come back alive... :-|

• Like Like x 1
  21. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

KnightNoles i can play late tonight if your around, taking wife out for dinner and a movie

22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

You ramped up for the game tomorrow night?

23. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Yes sir, liking what I see this year so far, but I'd like to see the offense have a breakout performance. 40 + points would be nice. I'm actually having a few people over for a BBQ and then to watch the game so should be fun and they better win

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I cannot believe how well their defense is doing this year

25. KnightNoles

Look at Freshman Kelvin Hicks getting ACC POW honors!